Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/28/2016 11:08:48 AM EDT
GD is renowned for a perfect 1st reply.  But did you ever nail one in real life?  Well, I just did.

We have an older guy (early 60's) who does assembly work and he's a known shooter within our company.  Well we had a meeting with him and the entire engineering department to go over a process he has to do during the assembly of one of our products.    It involves putting a pin in a hole but space is very limited.  He remarked that it's difficult to get your hand in the space while pinching the pin between forefinger and thumb.

He said "A lot of people keep dropping the pin, I can do it because I have really strong fingers."  Then he looked at me and added "He knows why my fingers are strong."

All 12 engineers turned and looked at me, and I said "Yeah, from jerking off all the time, right?"

Now I'm still laughing at my own quick witted response but alas, not a single smile from the geek squad.

You ever have a the perfect satire worthy response?

let em rip if you do!

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I went for a hearing test,  and my mom called me up and asked how it went.  

I said, "Remember when I was a kid and you kept yelling at me about how loud music was going to make me go deaf one day?  They said your constant yelling has made me go deaf."
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The response "Your Mom (add witty comment)" usually does the trick in many situations.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
"I'd explain it to you, but I don't have the time or the crayons..."

Someone once said to me something I like to say once in a while

Them: Where you going?

Me: to the bathroom. wanna come with me? Doc said I shouldn't lift anything heavy!

That's the way it normally goes. But someone said it to me.

I quipped back: "yeah, those toilet seats weigh a TON!"
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I used one the other day that I used in GD. My friends wife said "Bernie is a man that stands by his convictions." I replied with "So was Hitler." You could literally hear a pin drop in the room before she abruptly changed the subject.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]
The ones that fuck with me, are when they are random and pre-emptive.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Car dealer GM.
We had been there for hours, GM comes in shake my hand we have a deal.
I stick my hand out and he says you just need to come up $100.

I looked at my wife and said let's go.
He said you are going to walk away and lose this deal over $100?
I said no, you are.

The salesman LOL'd.
We got the car.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#7]
The jerk store called,and they are running out of you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Q: How's your wife and my kids?
A: Wife's fine, kids are retarded.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#9]
20 years ago..... I was reading a book in the living room, , and wife and her mother were upstairs messing with her computer.  mother in law had a big mouth, and was pretty loud most of the time, so I can pretty clearly hear them upstairs.

mother in law..... ( angrily stabbing keyboard).... "I CANT GET MY PERIOD TO TAKE !  WHY WONT MY PERIOD TAKE ! ?!?!?!

ME...................CAUSE YOU PASSED MENOPAUSE ! !

mother in law.....
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Anytime someone makes a smarmy remark about me smoking on my own property, I chime in with this arfcom gem:

Them: smarmy jab at smokers.

Me: I'll have you know my grandfather lived to be 95.

Them: Did he smoke a pack a day?

Me: No, but he knew when to keep his God damned mouth shut.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Wife: "This isn't a dictatorship!"

Me: "Yes, it is because I have the dick and the taters."

Wife:
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#12]
With the Ex Gf at her daughters HS volleyball game in between matches and talking to the coach . The topic of what he does at school comes up. He says he works with special needs students . To which I replied , I work with retards too . . The ex did not think it was as funny as I did , hell even the coach cracked a smile
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Sitting at a dinner w/ ex-girlfriend and two other couples.  We're all tatted guys in black button down dress shirts and slacks.  The stupidest of the girls won't shut up about our black shirt uniforms.  The angriest of the guys looks up and says, "It could be worse.  They could be brown shirts."  Queue raucous laughter from the guys side of the table.  Awkward silence from the ladies.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#14]
A guy at work that was close to his retirement kept reminding evrybody how many days he had and left and one day said "I'm counting down the days!", to which I replied "so are we!".
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Walked into my local barbershop on St. Paddy's day and the one gay barber asks me where my green is. I tell him in my pocket. I now cut my own hair!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Car dealer GM.

I said no, you are.

The salesman LOL'd.
We got the car.
View Quote

Priceless

Been car shopping for the wife, I've about had enough of all the 'smoke & mirrors' bullshit.
Permission to use your line, should the opportunity present itself?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

damn, came here to post this.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I came in here to say this.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I was 7 yrs old and one of my friends call me a jerk.
I replied with "I know you are but what am I"
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#20]
stolen from some thread in GD a while back:

talking with my wife

Her:   yada yada blah blah blah something something something.

Me Ok.  Do you want to hear my opinion or are you just looking to hear your opinion in a deeper voice?

Her

Me:
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I didn't say this, someone said it to me.

I was driving to work in a snowstorm so traffic was horrendous.  I'm sitting at a green light, waiting for the intersection to clear before pulling through.

The guy next to me pulls through and takes my spot.  I honk and because of the bad traffic, I'm pissed enough to roll my window down to yell at the dude.  I can't remember how the insults started but at some point I yell, "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" and he yells back, "IT WAS A MANUEVER!"  I started laughing and rolled up my window.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Your lips, my butt, they should meet.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Priceless

Been car shopping for the wife, I've about had enough of all the 'smoke & mirrors' bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Car dealer GM.

I said no, you are.

The salesman LOL'd.
We got the car.

Priceless

Sure.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I used to work with a real joker, but while he could dish it he couldn't take it and would talk shit all day long but get pissy any time someone threw it back in his face.

I was testing an air monitor (a piece of safety equipment) one day.  Dude loved to walk around the office and it just so happened that he walked through the door just as the alarm on the monitor went off. He struts in asking what the racket is, without silencing the alarm I holler "faggot alarm - went off as soon as you walked through the door" while keeping a straight face - until everyone started laughing at him.  He kinda pouted for a minute but didn't stick around to talk shit.

I wasn't around the office much but apparently that one got him good enough that people busted his balls about it for a while afterward.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I once thought I was wrong, I was actually only mistaken
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Had a Cpl in my unit that kept ssking, "How's your wife snd my kids?"
We got a Sgt transferred in and the Cpl asked him that the first day.  Sgt said, "Wife's ok but the kids are kind of stupid and ugly."
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#27]
My response to my first boss when he posed this question at the end of a customer meeting:

Boss: Hey, can anyone here break a $20?

Me: Nope, I don't get paid that much.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey ump, get off  your knee's, your blowing the game.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#29]
everytime i'd make a mistake, my old master plumber would holler, " you're killin' me smalls!'

to which, i started replying, "well, hurry up and die, cuz i'm sick of hearin' about it!"
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The response "Your Mom (add witty comment)" usually does the trick in many situations.
View Quote

Four guys sitting at a table. Guy 2 was bragging about his girlfriend. The subject changes. [I'm not in this conversation btw]

Guy 1: I didn't get too far on the project last weekend. There was no one to help me. [looking sad]

Guy 2: That looks well rehearsed. You get that lonely often?

Guy1: Why would I get lonely when I have your girlfriend?

Guy 2 looked pwned.

I know it wasn't that original but it was timed perfectly.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Fellow manager at a telecom had a grievance overturned by his pussy boss.  Boss says I need to the rest room.  Manager says"which one?"
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#32]
I use "Don't hurt yourself" a lot...

Someone says "I'm going on break"... "Don't hurt yourself"

"I'm going to the bathroom"... "Don't hurt yourself"

Not all that witty, but they usually pause because they don't know what to say; and anything they so reply with usually sounds stupid.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Heated "discussion" with wife.......she says "why did we get married anyways?"

Me: "I had to decide between lonely or miserable"

Dead silence...

Shopping just before Christmas, well-endowed cute sales lady is wearing fake reindeer antlers on her head

Me: "nice rack!"
Her: excuse me???
Me: (pointing at her hair) "that's a nice rack you have there"

She didn't think it was funny
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#34]
a former co worker and I used to give each other shit all the time over everything.  Good times.  THe best one was:

Him:you know how I know your gay?

Me: My dick tasted like shit last night?

The look on his face as he realized what I said and how that made him gay was well.  Everyone cracked up.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Sophomore year biology class. I was being my usual goof-off self, being somewhat disruptive in class.

Teacher says "Mr.Brown, please stay after class for a very one-sided conversation."

I respond, without hesitation, "what do you want me to say?"

Class got very quiet. I said no more. After class, teacher said that was a great response!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Me to my ex - "I am sorry"
My ex - "yeah you are"

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#37]
First drill with a new Guard unit, I made the mistake of catching a ride with a friend who will be at least 5 minutes late to his own funeral.

We walk in right after first formation.  The first SGT looks at me and says smitty knows this but you're new so I will explain it.  There are only two valid reasons to be late Pussy and Food, either way you gotta bring me some.  I looked him in the eye and said, wanna lick my fingers top?

He got a shocked look on his face and said I like you.  But I'm gonna keep my eye on you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#38]
One time I was in line at the Wendy's and this guy comes in...and I was like, hey buddy...go fuck yourself.
It was awesome.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#39]

As a young engineer, I was riding with our old manager and a customer. They had been giving me crap all day about how young I was.

The old manager was an artillery spotter in Vietnam, and he had been serenading us with tales of his army days.

We drove past an old muzzle loading cannon. I pointed it out and asked if that was the kind of cannon they used back when he was in the army.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Worked with a woman that was quite talkative and known to constantly interrupt with whatever and whenever.

I was having an informal meeting with some co-workers, assigning responsibilities for a project, she kept chiming in, and I kept talking over her until she got frustrated and blurted out:

Her: "Excuse me, can I talk?"

MM: "Boy, can you ever."

Everyone in the room lost it including her.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I was smoking outside of the grocery store. This lady waddles out of the store and down the sidewalk. She stops in front of me and gives me a dirty look. I raise my eyebrow and she says "You know, those cigarettes are turning your lungs black". I replied, pointing to her cart "You know, those potato chips are making your ass fat".
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#42]
If you really want to piss someone off, especially the wife.....tell them "I'd agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!"
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
a former co worker and I used to give each other shit all the time over everything.  Good times.  THe best one was:

Him:you know how I know your gay?

Me: My dick tasted like shit last night?

The look on his face as he realized what I said and how that made him gay was well.  Everyone cracked up.
View Quote

Is this your coming out thread?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#44]
"Said the Liar" after whatever someone says or Said the racist".
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
One time I was in line at the Wendy's and this guy comes in...and I was like, hey buddy...go fuck yourself.
It was awesome.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
But did you ever nail one in real life?  Well, I just did.

He said "A lot of people keep dropping the pin, I can do it because I have really strong fingers."  Then he looked at me and added "He knows why my fingers are strong."

All 12 engineers turned and looked at me, and I said "Yeah, from jerking off all the time, right?"

Now I'm still laughing at my own quick witted response

View Quote

That's what you call nailing sharp and witty?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
With the Ex Gf at her daughters HS volleyball game in between matches and talking to the coach . The topic of what he does at school comes up. He says he works with special needs students . To which I replied , I work with retards too . . The ex did not think it was as funny as I did , hell even the coach cracked a smile
View Quote

Now that was good... and bad.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Two guys in a match shooting movers at 600Y.  

One is calling the impacts for the other and says:

"OOOH!  That last shot would have been GREAT if the target was there...."  
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#49]
lady called from my fathers laundry while he was out of the country..

she said "I lost my EBT card at your business, you need to find it"

I said "lady, I didn't find your card, but I can probably help you find a job"

she took that as a insult
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But did you ever nail one in real life?  Well, I just did.

Now I'm still laughing at my own quick witted response

OP just graduated to Middle School?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top