Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/15/2016 9:42:18 AM EDT
http://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/rules-chairman-opens-door-gun-control-amendments
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2016/06/14/mitch-mcconnell-says-he-may-be-open-to-post-orlando-gun-control/
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]

bohica

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#3]
You cannot be surprised.

When the Republican stand up for America, THAT is shocking.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
shocked

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
We better start calling. This has been the strongest push for gun control yet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The sky is falling for sure.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Light those phones and inboxes up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sky is falling for sure.
View Quote

This is why I think they will get gun control passed. People are far too complacent.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#10]
They fear Trump
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely, this push for gun control dwarfs what I saw after Sandy Hook
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I really hope you peeps have been buying your go-to weapons FTF.

If we weather this storm it's something you should really think about doing.

I'd rethink the whole SBR thing too while you are about it. Is it really worth letting the ATF know what you have for a few inches off the end of the barrel?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd rethink the whole SBR thing too while you are about it. Is it really worth letting the ATF know what you have for a few inches off the end of the barrel?
View Quote

meh any junior level agent could find out I own firearms in about 60 seconds regardless of my SBRs/cans.  

If I wanted to hide the fact that I owned firearms, I wouldn't be on a site called AR15.com.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You cannot be surprised.
When the Republican stand up for America, THAT is shocking.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.  If they come and take them, all my replacements will have an extra hole.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

They fear Trump
View Quote
They fear lamp posts.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Light those phones and inboxes up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#19]
You all need to calm down.

Congress isn't going to do shit in an election year.  This is all political theater because the Liberals are screaming for gun control.

No matter how much they say they want more gun laws, they want to keep their jobs more.

I'm not saying don't call and write your reps, but the panic is stupid and does more harm than good.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its weird. Kill children and they really haven't done anything. Kill gay dudes and everybody and their mother is screaming for gun bans.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Its weird. Kill children and they really haven't done anything. Kill gay dudes and everybody and their mother is screaming for gun bans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's because they had the crazy white male narrative to push after Sandy Hook.

This time, it's one of their protected class so they'll do everything possible to deflect the conversation away from Islamic terror.  Gun control is just a big fucking distraction to keep them from having to talk about the real problem.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#22]
These are the turds that made conservative a worthless term. As usual, they stand for nothing other than what's in it for them.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I never trust those lying, chicken shit, corrupt, greedy pieces of dog shit in Congress to do anything correctly. They are great at violating their Oaths of Office however and at being RINOS.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

meh any junior level agent could find out I own firearms in about 60 seconds regardless of my SBRs/cans.  

If I wanted to hide the fact that I owned firearms, I wouldn't be on a site called AR15.com.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do??? Hell, I just come here for the news and some comraderie
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Congress isn't going to do shit in an election year.  This is all political theater because the Liberals are screaming for gun control.
No matter how much they say they want more gun laws, they want to keep their jobs more.

I'm not saying don't call and write your reps, but the panic is stupid and does more harm than good.

View Quote
This

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#26]
"But we can't trust Trump on guns! He was a democrat for years and then evolved his position, we can't trust him!"
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#27]
In the end, the neckbearder/gun buryer/boat accident/tin foiler will be right...
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#28]
This would be political suicide in an election year for Republicans.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This time, it's one of their protected class so they'll do everything possible to deflect the conversation away from Islamic terror.  Gun control is just a big fucking distraction to keep them from having to talk about the real problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one but the crazy libs care about gays. This will go away.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

God, I hope you're right.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This  

X10000..everyone chill out..don't feed the panic...hell 855 just started showing back up ..
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno, this may be set to eclipse it pretty quickly.

Garden variety white guy nutjob kills a bunch of (mostly white) kids.
Versus
Closeted gay islamist with islamist political connections that was on the FBIs radar goes jihad and kills a bunch of gay people.

Second one has a whole bunch of different dynamics at play. It calls the administrations constant insistence that muslims are our friends into question, shows the LGBT community that the left isn't protecting them, shows that PC has hamstrung a bunch of government agencies that are tasked with ferreting these shitbags out.
I could go on and on about how this is a different animal altogether.

Unlike Sandy Hook, this makes our political class look very, very bad on many levels. They got caught out publically, mired in a sea of PC and incompetence. They may knee jerk and do it harshly.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Whether we like Ryan or not he's not an idiot. He's doing just enough to make the Democrats STFU. If he really supported it they would have already had a vote on it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#35]
WILLNOTCOMPLY
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#37]
this is why trump won the nomination.  the gop establiment are corporatist pieces of shit.  

trump 2016
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree, but the republicans in the house and senate can be spineless twits at times; they aren't exactly the sharpest bunch.  We need to remind them how important it is for their own job security.

Folks, call your senators and congressmen NOW.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

And then you have the likes of Mittens...along with Ryan, who practically gargled Jugears' balls over the budget bill.

I don't trust the lot of them. Might as well switch letters and quit pretending to be "R".
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#40]
If the GOP caves on gun control then we should just vote straight Democrat from now on. They already act like Democrats on everything else. Mine as well just have the real thing
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#41]
The only thing that will get through - and this WILL get through - is connecting the No-Fly list to NICS.  And it won't look like the Dems want - it will have an appeal process and perhaps, if Cornyn's version makes it, judicial input.

Remember after Sandy hook, you heard AWB and whatnot but the big mantra was UBC's.  The big mantra this time is the terror watch list - and unless you're a constitutionalist, most won't blink at the concept.  May as well accept it and push for it to be some transparency, process, and appealable.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm starting to wonder if that's not the plan

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Republicans betraying us again? Say it ain't so.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#44]
gope has never been on our side.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#45]
GET THE HAPPPENING GIF IN HERE
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If the GOP caves on gun control then we should just vote straight Democrat from now on. They already act like Democrats on everything else. Mine as well just have the real thing
View Quote
Yes, we should ignore the other parties that are actually trying to abolish the bullshit parts of our government.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
this is why trump won the nomination.  the gop establiment are corporatist pieces of shit.  

trump 2016
View Quote

Indeed.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

trump 2016
View Quote

I'm not a big Trump fan, but I agree with your statement.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm taking bets now.  I'll bet Ryan, Cruz and Rubio support the measure.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

trump 2016
View Quote

This. Plus they refuse to address the real issue which allows this crap to happen. Restricting peoples ability to carry weapons.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top