Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/27/2016 6:38:36 PM EDT
I've been single all my life, and have no kids.
Lately, I'm really starting to regret my decision as I'm getting to the point to where it is about too late.
I'm alone 100% of the time outside of work, which is mostly great, but I'm realizing as I get older that it may be a living hell in the future.
Having nothing or anybody to really work for, or come home to years on end gets kind of old.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not get tired of money.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm 68, not married and no kids. I am having a great time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, after I met the right girl.   I was planning on never getting married but she changed all that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
So start a family now?  Nothing wrong with dating younger partner.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't imagine my life without my wife and kids...life would be so boring.
You are never bored when you have kids around.
I'm 52, wife is 44 and kids are 10 and 4.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lately, I'm really starting to regret my decision as I'm getting to the point to where it is about too late.
I'm alone 100% of the time outside of work, which is mostly great, but I'm realizing as I get older that it may be a living hell in the future.
Having nothing or anybody to really work for, or come home to years on end gets kind of old.
View Quote

Being single your whole life isn't good for anyone I imagine.

You can be "single" and still not spend most of your time outside of work alone.

Go online and find a nice girl?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Not by choice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can be "single" and still not spend most of your time outside of work alone.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or go online and buy one with all that extra bachelor money
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Times in my life when I've been single, I've found other single guys to do guy stuff with, and sometimes even married friends, when the wife would let them off their leash for a day.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I once thought as you did. Got married.

Never
Ever
Fuckin ever get married.  All those peoe telling you to stay single are not talking out their ass. Believe them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#11]
It is interesting how some of us think alike in so many ways. I was going to post nearly the exact same question.

I would rather have my finances in order before I start having kids, but I'm afraid the older I get the less likely I'll be able to find a suitable mate who was born female. I couldn't imaging being my dad if I wasn't around. That's what scares me the most.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Get a real doll,reignite that spark.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Go get a dog.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#14]
If you're single and spending all your free time alone - you're doing it wrong

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never
Ever
Fuckin ever get married.  All those peoe telling you to stay single are not talking out their ass. Believe them.
View Quote

I am married and i pretty much do what ever i want. Three kids take up a lot of time though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Never
Ever
View Quote

Ain't that the truth brother.

I do want to have kids and raise them myself. I need a little army to take care of me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Got a girl of 8 or so years. Dogs and a cat.

I'm good on the kids.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#18]
got married at 39, now 43 with an awesome 7 month baby girl
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Op you do know you can indeed get married and have no kids right? I am 40 my wife is going on 39 and we never wanted kids. You don't have to spend life along unless you really want to. We have plenty of money, just got back from 2 weeks in maui, have zero issues and life is good been together for 17 years now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#20]
My dad said he learned to appreciate his children as he got older.  He's in his 80's now and is very mellow (he was always very mellow) so we all have great time together.  I hope to have similar relationship with my children when I get old.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I am have a great wife and we get along great, but stay single. I am dad also having a kid is great, but once again not needed. I wouldn't trade for anything, but you can't miss something you never had.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I have 3 daughters, there are days my wife and I barely survive the day I swear.
We used to get alot done around the house and our days off were pretty fun.
I love my kids but ill be happy once they are grown up just a bit. (ages 9, 2, 1) Its a chore to get to the grocery store sometimes.
Its gonna be great when they are a bit older though and we can do alot more stuff as a family.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm 44, single, no children. I have a part-time dog, that's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife called me a "complete dick" today.  My crime?  I texted her to see if she could call her dad and see if I could borrow his truck tonight.  When she bombarded my phone with a million texts wanting to know my intentions, I replied, "just forget it.  I don't have time to answer all these questions."

Kids aren't worth the misery a female will bring into your life
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#25]
You have your arf friends on the internet OP. That's healthy right?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

How in the hell do you have a part time dog?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

At 48 and single, I have the same thoughts from time to time.  Too late for me now though, I'd be in my 70's by the time a child reaches adulthood and I don't think that would be fair to the kid.  

From time to time I do think about dating again and finding someone to settle down with before it gets any later, but for a lot of reasons I don't think that will happen...Most of those reasons are financial.  I'd never seriously consider dating someone unless they had a salary that was within a third of what I make.  

ETA:  Seeing what a brother of mine go through as well as what some friends go through in order to support wives/ex-wives/girl friends and kids, I think Im pretty ok with being single and alone.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm 68, not married and no kids. I am having a great time.
View Quote

Yeah, 61 here, and same, same.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ex life partner with shared custody?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

It does, but I guess somebody's gotta be the weird single gun-nut uncle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am have a great wife and we get along great, but stay single. I am dad also having a kid is great, but once again not needed. I wouldn't trade for anything, but you can't miss something you never had.  
View Quote

You don't know how very wrong you are.

There are times it hurts to see other guys with kids and grandkids.  I was almost brought to tears one morning when I saw a father and young son, with the boy's grandfather and great grandfather all out for breakfast together.  I realized I would never know that man's feelings and it hurt like a knife being twisted in my heart.

I guess if you stay in a family-free environment you can avoid being triggered.  But there are times when it will  be triggered and it will hit you totally unexpectedly with you will find yourself reacting to not ever having kids.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#32]
45 never married and no kids and dont regret it one bit. I said early on in life that I wouldnt have kids with a woman that I wasnt sure was a 100%. I also travelled for work up until about 5 years ago and it was hard enough keeping a girlfriend much less a wife. I don't pay child support no boating accidents. I have a good woman with no plans of marriage and life is great
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#33]
46 and no kids.  I do have 5 nieces and a nephew who manage to keep me busy though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#34]
43, single, no jon snows running around that i know of.  it has only been over the last few years that i've started thinking about having kids.  finally reaching a point in life where i fell like i'd have something of value to offer as a father.  but i'm not going to put the cart before the horse.  before even considering having children, i'd have to meet a woman with whom i want to raise 'em.  only met one woman in my life so far who qualifies, and that didn't work out.  

i'm leaving the light on, though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I was married at 19 and had my first child in my early twenties, I will still be semi young by the time both of mine are adults .
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Op you do know you can indeed get married and have no kids right? I am 40 my wife is going on 39 and we never wanted kids. You don't have to spend life along unless you really want to. We have plenty of money, just got back from 2 weeks in maui, have zero issues and life is good been together for 17 years now.
View Quote

16.5 years with current GF, no kids, IMO too late to start now.
Thing is we must not have followed the DINK handbook correctly as we don't have tons of money. We get by OK but would probably be stuffed in a shitty apartment somewhere, broke, stressed out and hating life if we had kids.

We have both had to care for a sick parent in the last year and have come to the realization that we are truly fucked when we start getting older as there will be nobody to help us when the time comes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#37]
39, no kids, never been married. I'm not having kids and I'm not even sure I'll ever get married. I'm too set in my ways now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#38]
43 and no kids, just a gf. I never wanted kids and she can't have them so she's a good match.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

^^^ This right here

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I couldn't imagine being single.  47 years old, wife is 47, kids are 18, 15 and 15.  Married for 24 years.  I get to sleep and snuggle with my best friend every night.  And she actually encourages me to go out and shoot, Appleseed and play golf with my friends.  She's a fantastic woman.

It's been a great ride.  Daughter is getting ready to head off to college in a few months.  I'm a better person because of them.  Being a parent gives you a very different perspective on most things.

I have a few friends the same age that are single/never married.  Seems like a lonely, pointless existence.  You can't take it with you, and who gets your stuff when you're gone?  My legacy will live on long after I'm gone, with my kids and (hopefully) grandkids.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Hmmm, find a special snowflake to knock up and be broke or buy a gun whenever the fuck I want. I'll take the latter.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Everyone wonders what could have been, it's human nature.

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I wasn't married with children.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I have pondered the same things, but sounds like the OP needs some friends to hang with during the down time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm not single (married 13 years today) and we didn't have kids and I don't feel any regret.  My brothers have kids so that's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm 52 ,got two kids.My son is 23 and my daughter is 14. They are my heart. After saying that if you don't have any fuck trophies then don't. you'll thank me later
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He actually belongs to my old roommate, but I helped raise him since he was a puppy. I watch him once or twice a week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hmmm, find a special snowflake to knock up and be broke or buy a gun whenever the fuck I want. I'll take the latter.
View Quote

Why would you be broke?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#49]
32. No kids. Never married.

I have a GF who is 26, she doesn't want kids either. Right now anyway. We are good to go lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Nope.
PO, go on a trip to Europe for a few weeks if you can.

Traveling solo is a lot of fun. You can do whatever you want, talk to whoever you want, and can change your plan on a whim.

It might make you appreciate things more.

You know.... things like freedom.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top