Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2003 10:14:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
raf,

can you tell me what forum that's in? I can only access jobrelatedstuff links at work.

Thanks,

Tim
View Quote

Armory/General Firearms Discussion

-hanko
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
It's in the Armory forum.  Here's the basic information linked in that thread:
[img]starfuryzeta.home.attbi.com/images/Hezi_SM-1.jpg[/img]
We hope to make the HEZI SM-1 available in the USA to civilians (in most states) after the summer. A price has not yet been set, but it will be under $500 retail, assuming the client has an M1 carbine for the retrofit.
Many thanks for your kind interest. I enclose further information below.
Sincerely,
Simcha Edell
Advanced Combat Systems Ltd.

THE HEZI SM-1 M1 CARBINE RETROFIT:
The modifications have been tested and approved by Israeli police. They were designed to enable immediate, accurate response by law enforcement officers in urban environments.
We have made two types of modifications:
1. The ergonomics are superior. It is a 26" Bullpup design (30% shorter than the original, allowing for easy doorway passage and use in vehicle), able to take all modern accessories. Here are a some of the details:
(A) Built-in Picatinny rails top and bottom (for tactical accessories flashlight, bipod, modern targeting attachments, etc.)
(B) All controls are strategically placed near the trigger, including magazine release/catch, slide stopper release, safety button, and cocking handle
(C) All controls are dual-sided for left-hand or right-hand use, including switching shoulders to make best use of cover
(D) Folding iron sights (with horizontal and vertical correction) to enable clear field of view for optical attachments/accessories
(E) Built-in muzzle brake
(F) Last-round slide stop
2. Improved safety and reliability. We have a firing pin safety and a more reliable ejection system and modern extractor, as well as a stregthened bolt.

We believe that the result transforms the M1 carbine into a modern PDW-type weapon. It is not merely a minor upgrade. In terms of performance - Israeli police tests concluded that you can get the first accurate shot off quicker; you can get the second and subsequent accurate shots off quicker; and you can switch targets quicker. Also, the shorter length means you can maneuver more easily around vehicles and buildings. Finally, it's very cool-looking.
It fits quite squarely into the PDW (personal defense weapon) law enforcement category. It can also be used by civilians for defense or as a fun plinking rifle - but much shorter, faster, and more modern looking than the M1.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#5]
***RED ALERT***

I saw these at the Shot Show and they are complete hunks o CRAP. They are useless plastic shit and I LIKE M1 Carbines.

This is worse than any travesty Universal ever devised to hurt the reputation of the M1 Carbine and they are as shitty looking as anything ever produced by Special Weapons.

They are junk, you won't be happy.

Do NOT buy one at any price.

They suck.

They suck.

They suck.

Hesse makes a better product.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
***RED ALERT***

I saw these at the Shot Show and they are complete hunks o CRAP. They are useless plastic shit and I LIKE M1 Carbines.

This is worse than any travesty Universal ever devised to hurt the reputation of the M1 Carbine and they are as shitty looking as anything ever produced by Special Weapons.

They are junk, you won't be happy.

Do NOT buy one at any price.

They suck.

They suck.

They suck.

Hesse makes a better product.
View Quote

Soooooo, a group buy is out of the question ?? [BD]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Dang. Are you sure? I'm starting to get a woody just looking at the picture. It would be a new life for my 50 year old Winchester. I almost never shoot it now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I myself have a G.I. M1 Carbine, and i don't really see the need to convert it to that setup, especially cause it's G.I.  If it were a piece of crap, i just might, but i'd rather just get the new 30 Carbine upper conversion from Olympic arms.  That is one way to get around the shortcomings of the M1, and as you all know, accessory options are endless on the AR platform...just an opinion.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Steyr's been around the block a few times, and his opinion is always worth listening to.
Whatever he saw at the SHOT show may well have been junk.  Or maybe just a badly assembled and over-handled prototype.
I'll keep an open mind, and wait till I can inspect a production model.
Like I said above, we'll see.
View Quote

Get your hands on one before you even think of buying it.

It is a cheaply made plastic shell. I made higher quality model airplanes in Jr. High. The ergonomics SUCK.

And almost as important the guys at the Shot Show were complete doofuses. [:D]

They kept trying to impress people with the underail groove for sliding in tactical mag changes along the bottom of the gun. The ONLY thing more ridiculous looking than the gun was the sight of these two middle age doofuses acting like they were IDF and doing a tactical "slide in" mag change on this hunk o shit.

Also the ones I saw were production guns, they had about 5 of them at the booth. All identical junk.

Or you can just "take one for the team" and buy one then post close up photos of how crappy they really are. [:D]

I actually thought about it at the Shot Show but I didn't really believe this chit would make it to market.

Anyone own a Charles Daly Israeli BUL handgun? These are lots worse.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
dammit, and I thought this was going to be about super cheap surplus ammo and cheap USGI mags. Oh well. I love shooting my IBM, as a computer geek/gun nut I really appreciate the connection.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Shit! I would never insult my M1 Carbine with that kit! My M1 is an IBM from 1945 in excellent shape. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#15]
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/M1Carbine.jpg[/img]

[headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steyr's been around the block a few times, and his opinion is always worth listening to.
Whatever he saw at the SHOT show may well have been junk.  Or maybe just a badly assembled and over-handled prototype.
I'll keep an open mind, and wait till I can inspect a production model.
Like I said above, we'll see.
View Quote

Get your hands on one before you even think of buying it.

It is a cheaply made plastic shell. I made higher quality model airplanes in Jr. High. The ergonomics SUCK.

And almost as important the guys at the Shot Show were complete doofuses. [:D]

They kept trying to impress people with the underail groove for sliding in tactical mag changes along the bottom of the gun. The ONLY thing more ridiculous looking than the gun was the sight of these two middle age doofuses acting like they were IDF and doing a tactical "slide in" mag change on this hunk o shit.

Also the ones I saw were production guns, they had about 5 of them at the booth. All identical junk.

Or you can just "take one for the team" and buy one then post close up photos of how crappy they really are. [:D]

I actually thought about it at the Shot Show but I didn't really believe this chit would make it to market.

Anyone own a Charles Daly Israeli BUL handgun? These are lots worse.
View Quote

Well, that certainly was not an unambiguous view in my minds eye...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top