Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Why is this an issue?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Ummm, perhaps Santa, after witnessing all the paraphernalia attached being removed, decided that it was best to get the picture, and return the child.  Sounds like mom was being "self"-ish.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Need to put mom in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
People can really suck the life out of life...
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Bass Pro Shops said in statement Monday "this is not something we feel great about."

According to the organization, Santa Claus, his elves and store employees taking part in the free picture promotion go through sensitivity training before each holiday season.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously?  Outraged?

Spend time with your son and quit wasting time being offended along the way.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Mom's a bitch.  Sorry kid, double whammy I guess.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy attention whoring.  I realize you're going through a tough time, but we don't all need to share in it.

This made me snicker, what a sad indictment on our society:

According to the organization, Santa Claus, his elves and store employees taking part in the free picture promotion go through sensitivity training before each holiday season.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate people.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is this an issue?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Could that child even sit in Santa's lap?

Parents are arseholes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#12]
The comments are good.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#13]
God bless the kiddo but mom sounds like an Emo looking for attention. Santa Claus guy did nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Victim culture is the predominate culture in this country now

I blame the liberal media and liberal school system
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Seriously?  Outraged?

Spend time with your son and quit wasting time being offended along the way.
View Quote

This.  The butthurt, let it flow...

TC
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Mom's rocking a Backstreet Boys T-shirt.  Fucking relax.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I can kinda see where the Mom is coming from. We just had our first child this year, and while I am fairly ambivalent about it my wife really wanted a picture of my son sitting on Santa's lap. I guess for this mother she had the perfect picture in her mind of her child that will probably die soon sitting on Santa's lap, and when it didn't happen exactly how she planned she got upset. That being said, the picture of Santa and the child looks great, and I hope after the child is gone it remains a positive memory for her.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#18]
This strikes me as the mother wanting to gain attention for a rare disorder. As she wants the money donated to the foundation for mitochondrial disorders....all I saw was a picture of a kid with Santa.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Holy attention whoring.  I realize you're going through a tough time, but we don't all need to share in it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No shit. Those poor fucking elves work like dogs to get all these fucking toys ready and now they have to go through bullshit sensitivity training? SMFH.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#21]
People really make me hate the Christmas season...

I'm ready to get off this rock.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Complaining about a free picture with Santa
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I can kinda see where the Mom is coming from. We just had our first child this year, and while I am fairly ambivalent about it my wife really wanted a picture of my son sitting on Santa's lap. I guess for this mother she had the perfect picture in her mind of her child that will probably die soon sitting on Santa's lap, and when it didn't happen exactly how she planned she got upset. That being said, the picture of Santa and the child looks great, and I hope after the child is gone it remains a positive memory for her.

View Quote

If you want the "perfect" Santa picture, go and pay for a professional one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Maternal guilt
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:07:18 AM EDT
[#25]
It seems as though they felt discriminated against because Santa decided to stand instead of sit down and have the baby in his lap.
The world is getting crazier by the minute!
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
God bless the kiddo but mom sounds like an Emo looking for attention. Santa Claus guy did nothing wrong.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

this is what i thought when i read the article.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Looking to be offended.

So... the breathing machine was removed.  

" Mitochondrial encephalomyopathies also may cause brain abnormalities that alter the brain's control over breathing"

The child was removed from assisted breathing!  I could see where Santa was concerned about how long the child was OK without the breathing machine.

It would be a much bigger story if Santa sat down with the child for the photo and the child became unresponsive!

That would be a hell of a headline!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Stupid bitch, Santa did what he thought was best in the situation, and I agree with him. She needs a good ass whopping
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#30]
I love this kinda stuff!  The more cunty moms like this one the better, people will tire faster & faster of this PC bullshit & start punching whores like that "offended" mom in the face sooner.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Ironic last name is ironic
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ummm, perhaps Santa, after witnessing all the paraphernalia attached being removed, decided that it was best to get the picture, and return the child.  Sounds like mom was being "self"-ish.
View Quote

My thoughts as well.

He was most likely concerned that the devices were important, and now they're off.

Doesn't want to just sit there and revel in the moment.

I'm not seeing the problem here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I love this kinda stuff!  The more cunty moms like this one the better, people will tire faster & faster of this PC bullshit & start punching whores like that "offended" mom in the face sooner.
View Quote

Why did Bass Pro Shop apologize.  If people would simply stop apologizing at all this BS, it would start to go away.  That is why Trump is popular.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#34]
It'th not a itholated inthident.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#35]
A lot of outrage in Texas lately.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#36]
The mother took advantage of a free service, took her child off a breathing machine, handed him to a stranger and then got pissed off that Santa was uncomfortable holding a slowly dying child.  It is a sad situation that the child is in but she is just a sad miserable person by her own making.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Why did Bass Pro Shop apologize.  If people would simply stop apologizing at all this BS, it would start to go away.  That is why Trump is popular.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It wouldn't go away but people would learn to shut the hell up over every little thing they get offended by.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Bass Pro Shops said in statement Monday "this is not something we feel great about."

View Quote

The sensitivity coach must have missed this one.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an option. However, looking at the video the family did not appear to be well off in the first place. Add to that a child who undoubtedly has racked up some major healthcare bills and perhaps the free picture was all they could afford.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#40]
She's a cunt.

Not a Xmas'me person, but fuck her.   Nvm, had a ti-raid, but...
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Nvm. D-tap
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Tough shit, lady.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#43]
"Megan Self said she unhooked her son Caleb from his breathing apparatus and other medical equipment"

WTF
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That is an option. However, looking at the video the family did not appear to be well off in the first place. Add to that a child who undoubtedly has racked up some major healthcare bills and perhaps the free picture was all they could afford.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, generally, when one wants "perfection", there is a cost.  If you cannot afford said cost, you stiffen your upper lip, and make do with what you have.  Not hating on family in general, just put yourself in place of Santa, you're handed a very ill, small, fragile child, who just got detached from a machine that was obviously keeping it alive, and your gut tells you to get the picture done ASAP, get the kid back on the machine, and don't make any extra/unnecessary movements that you might get sued for, if there were any "injuries" to the child.  Remember, the lawyers rule the land now, and nearly EVERYBODY is now sue-happy.  Oh, wait, the family is complaining that the pic wasn't good enough, the want comp'ed??  SEE!
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet the stupid bitch totally ruined it due to her pathetic trash behavior....................

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#46]
No good deed goes unpunished.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Why am I such a mis fit?
I am not just a nit wit."

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#48]
How often does a mall santa get peed on?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How often does a mall santa get peed on?
View Quote

Enough.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#50]
This kind of stuff makes me just want to do a John Galt on the world, but alas, I do not have that kind of money or brains and would rather go down swinging than bury my head in the sand.  But I see the appeal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top