Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Posted: 11/24/2015 10:28:14 PM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/23/outrage-as-military-vehicles-equipment-taken-from-officers-in-wake-obama-order.html?intcmp=hpbt3

Valuable vehicles and equipment are being yanked from law enforcement agencies across the country by the Obama administration in the wake of the presidents post-Ferguson order -- as sheriffs and lawmakers tell FoxNews.com the equipment is needed, and losing it could put officers and the communities they serve in danger.

These things are useful tools and the president taking them away will put more officers in jeopardy and at risk of harm or even death. I dont know how he can sleep at night knowing his actions will have those repercussions, Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Ala., told FoxNews.com.

President Obama issued Executive Order 13688 in January after the 2014 riots in Ferguson, Mo., amid concerns about the militarization of the police fueling a heavy-handed response.

The controversy circled around the 1033 program, set up by the Defense Department in 1997. The program authorizes the Pentagon to send excess military equipment such as armored tracked vehicles, camouflage uniforms and weapons to local law enforcement agencies for no cost. Supporters of the program say it saves money for local agencies, strengthens those agencies and allows the U.S. to get a second use out of existing equipment.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
"Grenade launchers, high-caliber weapons, armored vehicles this equipment never belonged in our neighborhoods."
View Quote

Bullshit it doesn't! That kind of stuff belongs in my house and garage.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
in before the butt hurt

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The Feds giveth, and the Feds taketh away....
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Ha ha ha ha
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
They took the one and only armored SWAT vehicle from my local sheriffs office. So the sheriff said they were going to use local funds to buy one instead. $360,000

Lot of good that did, Obama.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
They are taking away bayonets??? What a bunch of bullshit.  Stabbing Labradors is cheaper than shooting them
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Bouchard said that his department had lost 16 bayonets that were used primarily for honor guards, funerals and other ceremonial purposes, but also would be kept in trunks for their use as wire cutters, including cutting the seatbelts of car crash victims.

View Quote

They use bayonets to cut people free of their seat belts?  

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
"outrage"

lol
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Hyperbole aside, simultaneous pushes to remove police riot control tools and disarm law-abiding citizens... to what end?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh well
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Wonder if hat includes the EoTechs?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hyperbole aside, simultaneous pushes to remove police riot control tools and disarm law-abiding citizens... to what end?
View Quote

Our civilization's
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#15]
.gov giveth, .gov taketh away.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#16]
They will use the ferguson excuse to pull equipment away from the Sheriffs.
Then dangle the carrot of nationalization/federalization of police/sheriffs for them to get their stuff back.
The reason being that the majority of sheriffs opposed the FBHO plan for more gun control and refused to enforce any  new laws.
Once federalized, more gun control is a go.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Grenade launchers, high-caliber weapons, armored vehicles this equipment never belonged in our neighborhoods."

FPNI as usual.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Dispersing federal war equipment with no strings attached to non-federal agencies is not a solid recipe for consolidation of power.  Think of all those rural wrongthinking agencies that might be armed and who don't like Obama.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#20]
The president giveth, the president taketh away...
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I find it interesting that politicians, individuals in media, and other assorted individuals with no applicable skills, knowledge, training or experience in this field of study feels that they should be able to dictate law enforcement policy/sops/usage of tools.  Simple fact of the matter is armored vehicles, 'grenade launchers (Which shoots non-lethal bean bag rounds, tear gas, etc.) and other big bad scary military equipment makes the job law enforcement has to do  easier and safer for all involved. (Suspects and law enforcement officers alike).

Removing non-lethal tools and armor capability only increases the risk that LEO's get hurt/killed and drastically increases the risk that the suspect gets killed. They aren't gonna just say F it, arresting this violent criminal is too dangerous, lets let him walk. They are gonna be forced to 'wing it' to get the job done. Because make no mistake about it. They are removing 'scary' non-lethal tools... Tools which lower the potential of a situation becoming fatal.

I know a lot of GD is extremely anti police and many cry against the militarization of police and police having these tools... But it begs the question, if police are given armored vehicles and tools on the Fed. dime (stuff that is already in existence anyways) and it can save just 1 life, whether that's a LEO's life or even the suspects life... Isn't it worth it to allow those tools to be used?  Apparently the general consensus is people would rather LEO's go into a situation under prepared and under equipped... Even if that means its more likely people get hurt/die.

Would you remove tools from a surgeon? A mechanic? A pilot? A firefighter? A EMT? Probably not. Because you don't want to lower their chances of success and increase the risk of death/injury... So why the hell do people feel the need to remove tools from law enforcement.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The president giveth, the president taketh away...
View Quote

So he can giveth it again, to ...somebody...in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#23]
This kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

The police get disarmed and Obama has weapons to arm the refugees with.    
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh well, back to the converted "roach coach" I guess.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#26]
isis is running low?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#27]
DRMO?

Group buy?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bouchard said that his department had lost 16 bayonets that were used primarily for honor guards, funerals and other ceremonial purposes, but also would be kept in trunks for their use as wire cutters, including cutting the seatbelts of car crash victims.

Just as much bullshit talk to keep Milsurp stuff as there is to take it back.

Law Enforcement needs to get it into their heads that they NEVER owned ANY of this stuff, it was ALWAYS on loan from the Feds.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What the hell??  Is that a photoshop?
View All Quotes

Nope.  It was from an active shooter situation in ILLION, NY a couple years ago.  Google it.  Backwards EoTech and ILLION NY.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh well
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Good

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Good, make sure he takes them all. If things ever got froggy they would be turned against the "Citizens" anyway. I've seen too many videos of them being used unwisely to ram peoples houses and generally destroy private property with zero regard for the owners or consequences for misuse. If you want to ride heavy then go join the military.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#33]
If you like your tank, you can keep your tank.

Not!

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#35]
The sudden anti-LEO left turn was a conscious decision on the Dem's part and in hindsight should have been predictable.  They were probably waiting and ready for whatever incident came along that let them kick it off, and it ended up being St. Swishers.

Didn't take all that long after chucking them under the bus to start making noises about federalizing local law enforcement, either - which is probably the end goal of all of this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#36]
They giveth! They taketh away! What Fucking Dickstein logic! It's all over the news and you still take that position you Fucknuts! Obama and company are committing treasonous crimes by admitting CIA trained terrorists into this country.(Not my words but admitted in the news.) I know you don't want to be bothered with the obvious. It's called "Strategy of Tension". It's already happening in the large cities by inciting racial tensions.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:12:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh well
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Two perfect examples.
View All Quotes

What is military surplus in the second photo?  Their helmets maybe?  I really don't know and am curious...?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Two perfect examples.
View All Quotes

A Humvee and a civilian bearcat are perfect examples?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They will use the ferguson excuse to pull equipment away from the Sheriffs.
Then dangle the carrot of nationalization/federalization of police/sheriffs for them to get their stuff back.
The reason being that the majority of sheriffs opposed the FBHO plan for more gun control and refused to enforce any  new laws.
Once federalized, more gun control is a go.
View Quote

Figured that much. The rest of the stuff I guess does make sense, in a sense.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you like your tank, you can keep your tank.

Not!

View Quote

Snort
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I find it interesting that politicians, individuals in media, and other assorted individuals with no applicable skills, knowledge, training or experience in this field of study feels that they should be able to dictate law enforcement policy/sops/usage of tools.  Simple fact of the matter is armored vehicles, 'grenade launchers (Which shoots non-lethal bean bag rounds, tear gas, etc.) and other big bad scary military equipment makes the job law enforcement has to do  easier and safer for all involved. (Suspects and law enforcement officers alike).

Removing non-lethal tools and armor capability only increases the risk that LEO's get hurt/killed and drastically increases the risk that the suspect gets killed. They aren't gonna just say F it, arresting this violent criminal is too dangerous, lets let him walk. They are gonna be forced to 'wing it' to get the job done. Because make no mistake about it. They are removing 'scary' non-lethal tools... Tools which lower the potential of a situation becoming fatal.
I know a lot of GD is extremely anti police and many cry against the militarization of police and police having these tools... But it begs the question, if police are given armored vehicles and tools on the Fed. dime (stuff that is already in existence anyways) and it can save just 1 life, whether that's a LEO's life or even the suspects life... Isn't it worth it to allow those tools to be used?  Apparently the general consensus is people would rather LEO's go into a situation under prepared and under equipped... Even if that means its more likely people get hurt/die.
Would you remove tools from a surgeon? A mechanic? A pilot? A firefighter? A EMT? Probably not. Because you don't want to lower their chances of success and increase the risk of death/injury... So why the hell do people feel the need to remove tools from law enforcement.
View Quote
Surgeon:  yes, if they were out of line for the surgery.

Mechanic:  yes, if they were out of line for the diagnosis I needed.

Pilot:  yes, if he asked me to pay for tool not to be used on our flight.

Should I go on?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

... But it begs the question, if police are given armored vehicles and tools on the Fed. dime (stuff that is already in existence anyways) and it can save just 1 life, whether that's a LEO's life or even the suspects life... Isn't it worth it to allow those tools to be used?  Apparently the general consensus is people would rather LEO's go into a situation under prepared and under equipped... Even if that means its more likely people get hurt/die.
View Quote

ffs, I'm so sick of "if it saves one life"  from every whining liberal about guns and now I have to listen to that drivel on arfcom?

There are many instances where we as a society have decided saving one life isn't worth it, sometimes saving thousands of lives isn't worth it.

Here are some examples:

abortion

speed limits

guns

allowing private motor vehicles at all

alcohol

In those cases we've determined that those things are more important than the deaths they lead to.

I don't much care if the cops have military equipment personally, but there are a shit ton of people who don't want the cops to have it.    If that leads to officer deaths or the deaths of people the police interact with,  so be it.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#45]
But it begs the question, if police are given armored vehicles and tools on the Fed. dime (stuff that is already in existence anyways) and it can save just 1 life, whether that's a LEO's life or even the suspects life
View Quote

Well shit.  Why don't we just ban guns?  If it can save just one life...

Specious bullshit argument.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Good, make sure he takes them all. If things ever got froggy they would be turned against the "Citizens" anyway. I've seen too many videos of them being used unwisely to ram peoples houses and generally destroy private property with zero regard for the owners or consequences for misuse. If you want to ride heavy then go join the military.
View Quote

This.
I cant believe its taken that kenyan motherfucker 7 years to do something I agree with.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

ffs, I'm so sick of "if it saves one life"  from every whining liberal about guns and now I have to listen to that drivel on arfcom?

There are many instances where we as a society have decided saving one life isn't worth it, sometimes saving thousands of lives isn't worth it.

Here are some examples:

abortion
speed limits
guns
alcohol

In those cases we've determined that those things are more important than the deaths they lead to.

I don't much care if the cops have military equipment personally, but there are a shit ton of people who don't want the cops to have it.    If that leads to officer deaths or the deaths of people the police interact with,  so be it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... But it begs the question, if police are given armored vehicles and tools on the Fed. dime (stuff that is already in existence anyways) and it can save just 1 life, whether that's a LEO's life or even the suspects life... Isn't it worth it to allow those tools to be used?  Apparently the general consensus is people would rather LEO's go into a situation under prepared and under equipped... Even if that means its more likely people get hurt/die.

Here are some examples:

abortion
speed limits
guns
alcohol

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Our local SWAT team rolls in a repurposed bread truck.

I think they might have an armored vechile at the local Fedral prison though. Wonder if they will have to return it?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#49]
I find myself in a weird position and emotionally torn.  For the first time I agree with something zero has done.  
Police don't need military equipment to do their jobs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Sounds like their getting a taste of how civil forfeiture feels.  Hopefully they'll start doing more policing instead of just law enforcing as a result
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top