Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 11/24/2015 2:00:21 PM EDT

Republican donors, operative fueling new anti-Trump ad blitz

Republican donors with links to several presidential candidates – as well as a prominent GOP operative – are pooling their resources in a new effort to go after Donald Trump and keep the party’s presidential front-runner from winning the nomination.

The most recent bid is a reported “guerrilla campaign” led by a group called Trump Card LLC and run by Liz Mair, former communications official for the Republican National Committee.

The group’s goal, according to The Wall Street Journal, is to collect money from anonymous donors to “defeat and destroy” Trump, who has essentially led the GOP presidential field since declaring his candidacy this summer...
View Quote

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/24/republican-donors-operative-fueling-new-anti-trump-ad-blitz.html?intcmp=hpbt2

I wonder how many anonymous donors are Democrats.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Republican donors with links to several presidential candidates – as well as a prominent GOP operative – are pooling their resources in a new effort to go after Donald Trump and keep the party’s presidential front-runner from winning the nomination.

The most recent bid is a reported “guerrilla campaign” led by a group called Trump Card LLC and run by Liz Mair, former communications official for the Republican National Committee.

The group’s goal, according to The Wall Street Journal, is to collect money from anonymous donors to “defeat and destroy” Trump, who has essentially led the GOP presidential field since declaring his candidacy this summer...
View Quote

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/24/republican-donors-operative-fueling-new-anti-trump-ad-blitz.html?intcmp=hpbt2

View Quote

Democrats and establishment Republicans are pretty much the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Watch his poll numbers climb.

Bush and fiorina need to dropout they have no chance
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

and foreigners
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Regardless of how you feel about Trump, this shows that for some people it's all about party and politics versus letting the people choose their leaders
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a Trump lover, but this is the kinda shit that pisses me off. The inter-party infighting is simply doing the Dems job for them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not a big fan of Trump, but if the GOPe can't figure out that they are the problem, I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regardless of how you feel about Trump, this shows that for some people it's all about party and politics versus letting the people choose their leaders
View Quote

The upper echelon of politicians (both dem and repub) have absolutely no desire to let us pick our leaders.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bush donors and democrats...what's the difference?

California donor Jeff Le Sage pledged money to the group on Friday, but declined to say how much he was giving.

"I am 100 percent behind Jeb Bush and I'm supporting his effort but I'm also contributing to New Day for America because the educated people in this country, those who believe in hope, not hate, need to say enough is enough and stand up to Donald Trump," said Le Sage, the only donor who agreed to speak for this story.
View Quote

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/22/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKBN0TB0UJ20151122#o6QFmoJhp57m3ijU.97
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
FGOPe. It would be nice if they fought the demonrats this hard.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would disagree.  But I would say that they are equally offensive, equally self serving, equally bad for the country, and equally out of touch with reality.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]
If the Republicans are successful in defeating Trump, do you guys think he would run 3rd party and split the vote?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Even Rush admits that the GOP elite would prefer Hillary to an outsider.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If the Republicans are successful in defeating Trump, do you guys think he would run 3rd party and split the vote?
View Quote

If he loses, because of dirty tricks, I hope he establishes a conservative populist party.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Even Rush admits that the GOP elite would prefer Hillary to an outsider.

View Quote

At least a year ago, I heard Dick Cheney say that if it came down to it, he would prefer Hillary Clinton over Rand Paul. He later tried to walk it back, but he was just stating what many of us already know. The Republican establishment would much rather see president Hillary Clinton than a political outsider or a libertarian leaning conservative.  

There really isn't a whole lot of difference between Hillary's ideology and the ideology of big government Republicans.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like Jebs new superpac in action.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm not a big fan of Trump, but if the GOPe can't figure out that they are the problem, I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.
View Quote

This but most Trump supporters I know consider all Republicans part of the "e". Teh especially hate CRuz which I dont get.

I think Trump is a Moby but of  for some insane reason he makes it to the general and end up being wrong, I will not pout of of the election like most Trump supporters I know if their guy dont make it. I will cast my vote for Trump against any Democrat running.   I wlil not vote for him in the Primary though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can guarantee they will. These guys just aren't going to learn.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]
The DNC and RNC are essentially two very similar sides of the same coin.  It's ridiculous.

I bet Trump gains more in the polls now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#22]
The establishment created Trump and now they're trying to destroy him.  Although i can certainly understand why, they have only to look in the mirror to see who is at fault

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

This will be cheered by the GOPe and their water carriers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fiorina isn't even running for a cabinet position, it's like she's practicing for a Fox News Contributor spot
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#26]
The establishment republicans spend more time, money and effort squashing internal opposition than they do trying to beat the democrats.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#27]
The Republicans and Democrats are 2 wings of the same chicken. It is to the point that it will take a 3rd party to fix it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#29]
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." - Donald Trump
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#30]
The GOP is dead to me. I'll vote for who I vote for.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

He said just the other day he might run as an independent if he was treated unfairly.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm really rich.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The establishment created Trump and now they're trying to destroy him.  Although i can certainly understand why, they have only to look in the mirror to see who is at fault

View Quote

They didn't create him as such, but they certainly created the circumstances which led to his rise. They'll do the same to Cruze as well if they have to.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#34]
These fuck-wits are going to insure that he's a damn monolith in the polls by the time they are through.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He said just the other day he might run as an independent if he was treated unfairly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It starts to tickle that conspiracy bone a bit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This but most Trump supporters I know consider all Republicans part of the "e". Teh especially hate CRuz which I dont get.

I think Trump is a Moby but of  for some insane reason he makes it to the general and end up being wrong, I will not pout of of the election like most Trump supporters I know if their guy dont make it. I will cast my vote for Trump against any Democrat running.   I wlil not vote for him in the Primary though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, with you there.

I love the line about the former RNC employee as if that somehow proves the shadowy "establishment" is out to get Trump.  Wonder how many of his fans know his campaign manager is a former RNC employee?  

Wait a minute...what if Trump is really the "establishment" plant this year!?

Jokes aside, it's fun to watch GD folks get spun up about politicians doing politician things.  No shit groups are working to undermine each other.  It's not exactly a new thing special only to Trump.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#37]
The establishment makes me laugh. Trump hasn't even started spending real money yet. When he does, watch out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Trump is arguing, Trumpily, that this may count as the Republican Party treating him “unfairly,” the cavernous opt out to which the RNC supposedly agreed in exchange for Trump’s signature on a worthless piece of paper in September. “I’m going to have to see what happens. I will see what happens. I have to be treated fairly,” Trump told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on Sunday. “You know, when I did this, I said I have to be treated fairly. If I’m treated fairly, I’m fine. All I want to do is a level playing field.” Trump’s hit man and counsel Michael Cohen reiterated on CNN Tuesday morning that if the GOP “break[s] that agreement with him, as they say, woe be on them,” adding that the super PACs going after Trump are making a “bad, bad decision.”

There’s a 99.9 percent chance this is a bluff, but it’s a powerful one: If Trump did follow through with an independent bid, Hillary Clinton would become president. Does that threat give the super PAC generals leading these assaults the chills?

“What gives me chills is the idea that Trump could become the GOP nominee, or if he catches lightning in a bottle, president,” Mair tells Slate. “In reality, he’s probably going to have ballot access issues if he tries to go third party.

“I think Trump is a pretty garden variety, bigmouthed bully who likes to scare people into giving him what he wants by making wild threats,” she continued. “It’s generally bad practice to let bullies get whatever they want, and I think that remains the case here.”
View Quote

LOL, these are the same GOPe shitstains that have allowed the Kenyan to bully them continuously for the past seven years.

Some in GD will continue to carry their water, regardless.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Idiots can't even see that these kind of games are exactly what is fueling the fire powering the Trump machine.  GOP making a concerted effort to take down the clear frontrunner according to polls? Brilliant.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those people are all the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#41]
And Hiiery is Laughing her ass off while the Republicans cut their own throats.

We're so stupid
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

lol Trump is not made by them or the media, they will not be able to get rid of him.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#43]
When is the last time the GOP defeated and destroyed anything but their own credibility?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Idiots can't even see that these kind of games are exactly what is fueling the fire powering the Trump machine.  GOP making a concerted effort to take down the clear frontrunner according to polls? Brilliant.  
View Quote

Serious question:  You don't think PACs and other candidates did this exact same thing to the front runner in 2012?  Or 2008?  or 1900?  I know the popular narrative is that the big bad "establishment" is running all cylinders on defeating Trump, but that's not what's going on here.  This is politics as usual.  Those who look like front runners get attacked by everyone who isn't the front runner.  This isn't some organized anti Trump conspiracy.  

Breaking news everyone!  Politicians run attack ads attacking other politicians!  Footage at 11.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#45]
They will never be able to collect the billions Trump is worth.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The upper echelon of politicians (both dem and repub) have absolutely no desire to let us pick our leaders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why a wildcard is winning, you would have to be both popular and rich to fight them both.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#47]
My prediction they won't slow his momentum down enough or at all before the primaries so Trump will get the nod.

They will however be able to change enough people's perception of him to get them to stay home on election day.

Hillary 2016

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My prediction they won't slow his momentum down enough or at all before the primaries so Trump will get the nod.

They will however be able to change enough people's perception of him to get them to stay home on election day.

Hillary 2016

View Quote

The GOPe and its media shills and toadies would rather see a democratic party win than a Trump Presidency because allowing the people to actually choose the candidate is unacceptable to them and represents the worst possible outcome.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I think Im ok with this.   If it takes down Trump, it will finally pave the way for Cruz (which I think happens anyhow. )  If they think it springs Jeb or Rubio,  they are sorely mistaken.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Concur.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top