BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/20/2015 9:15:46 AM EDT
Original thread:

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1802289

TLDR:

We put out trash on the wrong day. Got a an anonymous letter in the mail saying that our house would get shot and burnt down. 1 week later, our house gets shot at on video.

Drive by video:

Drive By - Angle 1

This is one of three angles. The other two are on my channel.

Update:

Nothing has happened as of late. We got to know a lot of our neighbors and gave them the word of what happened. We gave all evidence to the police.

I've been up late this morning.. I heard a truck rumbling and it reminded me of the night of the shooting. It sounded just like it. I guess I thought that there was going to be another shooting. I went to the camera live feed and saw a white truck.

Here is the video of it. Can anyone ID what kind it is? I'm not much of a truck guy..

https://youtu.be/P3FvKtgdltg

It sounded just like the truck at the night of the shooting.

The police investigation has gone no where. We gave them everything we have and have gotten no word or updates. They must be busy.

Thanks!

ETA:

Oh crap, think it was him.. In the video he has 2 small flags on opposite sides of his car.

In the shooting video, I think you can see them every time the gun flashes.

As the one you can see in the day time video
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Dodge ram 1500

Glad you're doing okay. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a Ram, but more obvious is the shiny wheels and running boards. Pretty distinctive.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a Dodge to me
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Call the police and tell them you have new evidence. Show them the video and tell them you have the suspect. From my bedroom this truck sounds like the truck I remember when they shot at my house.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#5]
My guess is a quad cab Dodge Ram newish.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Extended (not crew) cab

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, looks like a 2003-2005 Ram 1500 quad cab. Only thing that bothers me is that I'm not seeing the chrome pillars in the night time video.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Extended (not crew) cab

View Quote

Yep, ram 1500 extended cab. I didn't rewatch the video from the night of the shots fired but i seem to recall thinking it looked like a Chevy or GMC 1500. Could be wrong though

Edit: also, good luck
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Might be a illusion but looks like the front bumper is missing...
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Just a thought, using the post office to deliver death threats. Contact postal inspector?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Dodge Ram, but the sound isn't much to go on because they all have fairly loud exhaust stock.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Thats a 1500. It's also got a bumper sticker on the drivers side back window on the bottom.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#13]
You may get lucky and someone may be able to get a partial of the plate on this site.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Call the police and tell them you have new evidence. Show them the video and tell them you have the suspect. From my bedroom this truck sounds like the truck I remember when they shot at my house.
View Quote

I wouldn't think this would be particularly valuable as evidence.  There's nothing to indicate that this is the drive-by truck.  It's possible, but it's also just as possible that it's just another truck of the same model.  It might help ID the likely model of the drive-by truck since the sound was similar, but beyond that, I don't think it's meaningful unless there is something very distinctive about the truck that is visible in both videos to link them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Dude, get some of us Houston guys out to canvas your neighborhood. We'll find it. Fuck this guy and everything he owns.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dude, get some of us Houston guys out to canvas your neighborhood. We'll find it. Fuck this guy and everything he owns.
View Quote

This guy's attitude.....is correct.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Half bury a sprinkler control box closer to the road and mount camera or two in it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I was single without a shit load of kids I'd even fly down.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh crap, think it was him.. In the video he has 2 small flags on opposite sides of his car.

In the shooting video, I think you can see them every time the gun flashes.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Can you get a small, portable camera system like Arlo or something and set the cameras up in better positions?  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Tell the police about the truck.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I am very glad you and your family are okay.  Looks like the brick wall worked well at protecting you too.  Did the police recover any rounds?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Might be a illusion but looks like the front bumper is missing...
View Quote

Because the old one has a bullet hole in it?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am very glad you and your family are okay.  Looks like the brick wall worked well at protecting you too.  Did the police recover any rounds?
View Quote

They didn't look for bullets. I told the cop of the 2 casings and those were the only ones he picked up. We looked for more for about 3 mins and he gave up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#25]
In your first video there appear to be brick chips flying into view, though they could be splinters from the fence too.  Knowing the caliber from the cases is great, but matching bullet type to the suspects could only help confirmation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#26]
https://youtu.be/P3FvKtgdltg

Drive By - Angle 1

What do you guys think about the flags from the truck that passed this morning and the flag shaped object behind the flashes of the gun?

Am I just seeing things?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The police investigation has gone no where. We gave them everything we have and have gotten no word or updates. They must be busy.

http://i.imgur.com/L2LS01y.png
View Quote

Its a "who done it". What do you want them to do, and with the zero amount of info where do you expect the investigation to go? A felony stop on every dark colored dodge ram they find? Sit at your house doing surveillance? Send your letter to CSI Miami for touch dna analysis?

Here's an update for you, there are no updates. I would wager a lot of money that this type of thing is common in H-town (aka ghettoville). A (singular) detective MIGHT have looked at it for a second, and realized patrol did what they could, nobody got hurt, and moved on to the next shit storm.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I the investigation is has gone no where, have you considered hiring your own?

I would.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the route I would go, but probably better to let the cops handle it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#31]
You could always put out a metric fuck ton of garbage the wrong day and basically use it as a honeypot. Re-position cameras, etc.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You could always put out a metric fuck ton of garbage the wrong day and basically use it as a honeypot. Re-position cameras, etc.
View Quote

So you're advocating trying to get this guys home shot up a second time?

Christ on a cracker GD is full of special folks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#33]
License plate cameras.  Get them.  This guy is nuts and he'll probably be back.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Its a "who done it". What do you want them to do, and with the zero amount of info where do you expect the investigation to go? A felony stop on every dark colored dodge ram they find? Sit at your house doing surveillance? Send your letter to CSI Miami for touch dna analysis?

Here's an update for you, there are no updates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/L2LS01y.png

Here's an update for you, there are no updates.

People have asked me before. So I responded. We got a letter saying we'd get shot at and have our house burnt down. So far, we've been shot at. I'm not expecting too much, I just want everything documented.

What you replied, is all you.

Quoted:
I the investigation is has gone no where, have you considered hiring your own?

I would.

We have since we got the letter. We're forwarding them everything we have.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would you know how special we are 15er?? Been here before?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Did the letter state a motive? Like "because your trash was out on the wrong day"?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Amazing what one can get away with today if so inclined, because the cops dont give a shit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bait the fucker to get hard evidence cause the cops are worthless?? You bet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did the letter state a motive? Like "because your trash was out on the wrong day"?
View Quote

Yes. The letter was taken down by a mod. It was an honest mistake with the trash. These people are crazy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#40]
This isn't going to be over until that guy is shot or arrested.

He's going to shoot at your house again. I hope you know that. It's only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#41]
The dodge in the daytime video is a 4-door by the way (quad cab), not an extended cab. It has 4 full doors.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has anyone else caught them? Ya didn't think so, I guess that means all you tough talking do nothings are worthless too.

FYI your "hard evidence" has to go to someone usually called "the po-po", or are you calling in columbo and perry mason to handle shit on your own.

Keyboard commandos lol
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
License plate cameras.  Get them.  This guy is nuts and he'll probably be back.
View Quote

This.... person did it once.  You may see an escalation normal people do not just shot at peoples houses because of trash outside.  You most likely wronged this person in someway (probably not knowingly) but they perceived an action you did.  The actions this person took speak a lot about this person.  They are dangerous I would avoid confrontation because it will most or more than likely turn bad quick.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Has anyone else caught them? Ya didn't think so, I guess that means all you tough talking do nothings are worthless too.

FYI your "hard evidence" has to go to someone usually called "the po-po", or are you calling in columbo and perry mason to handle shit on your own.

Keyboard commandos lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keyboard commandos lol

Lol, this fucking retread.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes. The letter was taken down by a mod. It was an honest mistake with the trash. These people are crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. Have your trash cans ever been vandalized?

I notice you have some tacticool vids on your youtube channel. Have you ever received hateful messages via youtube? Have you pissed anyone else off in your personal life?

Trash cans out on the wrong day is a pretty trivial matter, someone with an alternative motive may be using it as a bull shit reason to shoot up your home...
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Keyboard commandos lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keyboard commandos lol

Put out more heavy trash. Have cams ready to get front and rear plates, wait.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Sand bag your walls and then put out a shitload of heavy trash. jk

tag
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keyboard commandos lol

add "buy body armor and call neighbors letting them know their kid could get shot up because im baiting some ghetto superstar to shoot up my house again"

Should go over well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#49]
In before op camps out in a ghillie suit and gets in a shoot out with this guy after putting more trash out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keyboard commandos lol

No! Put out more heavy trash and re-position cameras to get front and rear plates.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top