Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
yes
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If by World War 3 you actually mean "Are we witnessing the moment before Western civilization decides survival is not politically correct?", then yes, we are.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Either that or the surrendering of the greatest nations on earth.

Our choice.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it's an escalation of an ongoing battle, but certainly not WWIII.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
absolutely; and I'm not convinced we're going to win this one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#8]
It's arguably been going on for over a decade now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, pay attention.

Take notes...

It is all being orchestrated.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#10]
WWIII started already. One side just doesn't want to admit it...
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#11]
No--because it can't be a war if one side won't fight back(not a military problem, a political one...)
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Globalization > world wars
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#13]
The West will lay down and be slaughtered.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes.

As discussed during my orientation at work at a certain command responsible for that part of the world....

Russia, (a country from the north of Israel) has inserted itself into the AO. Iran wants a bomb. Israel can't let this happen. Russia of course supports Iran and now has forces between Israel and Iran geographically. So let's say Iran gets close to the bomb and Israel launches an attack. Well Russia doesn't care for IDF planes flying over their forces so they shoot a couple down. Well Israel can't stand that obviously. One, an existential crisis still exists if Iran gets a bomb so the strike must go on, two, they now have to return fire on Russia. So now Russia and Israel are at war. That emboldens the rest of the ME, especially Iran because now they can finally knock Israel off. So here we come to defend Israel. Now we are off to the races. All the remaining parts of the Bible ready to come true.

I remember talking as a high schooler about Biblical prophecy and stuff and thinking that Russia was the logical attacker from the north that is predicted but it seemed so unrealistic because they weren't really on the world stage and why would they ever be attacking Israel? But I will damned if they aren't in the perfect spot for that shit to kick right off.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
If the US lost a modern war, it'd only be because we the government lost the balls to fight it.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, and it will be the end of us all
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#18]
The bible is a fairytale. so that cant be possible.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#19]
It began in earnest on 9/11/2001 but after the shock wore off the western world fell back to sleep.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Something even bigger than WW3

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If the US lost a modern war, it'd only be because we the government lost the balls to fight it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed....  Our "feels" have been compromised, in that we no longer have the will to do what it takes to win.  Political correctness, the policy of measured and equal response,  and the fear of being judged by nations who are less moral than we are, is the reason we cannot win.  

Edit...  I want to state that our military is the best trained and equipped in the world, and I am confident that they would beat any foe on earth...  if allowed to.  But it's the conditions I mention above that handcuff our great men and women of the military.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#23]
No. It's not even close to being a war, let alone a World War.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#24]
How else would you characterize another proxy war with Russia?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#25]
World War III will almost certainly involve western civilization's last ditch attempt to save itself from islamic destruction, but I think we're about mid way through an extended build-up to that point. If Hillary Clinton is elected, the race toward WWIII will likely accelerate dramatically. Weakness is provocative.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#26]
This is how it starts.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Jesus. H. Christ. For a site that makes fun of liberal feels, it sure does a bitching job at letting their emotions get the better of them all the time and completely destroy any rational thought.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is how it starts.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Jesus. H. Christ. For a site that makes fun or liberal feels, it sure does a bitching job at letting their emotions get the better of them all the time and completely destroy any rational thought.
View Quote

May I ask your approximate age?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Things are pretty volatile nowadays. I have to rack my brain to find an example of anything going well on the national or world stage.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Jesus. H. Christ. For a site that makes fun or liberal feels, it sure does a bitching job at letting their emotions get the better of them all the time and completely destroy any rational thought.
View Quote

Errmahgawd. I'm reporting you for bitching about my feels.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Not surprised that this is coming from the same place that thought everyone was going to become ebola zombies.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So let's say Iran gets close to the bomb and Israel launches an attack. Well Russia doesn't care for IDF planes flying over their forces so they shoot a couple down. Well Israel can't stand that obviously. One, an existential crisis still exists if Iran gets a bomb so the strike must go on, two, they now have to return fire on Russia. So now Russia and Israel are at war.
View Quote

Two things wrong with that scenario.

1. Despite the blusterings of Netan-yahoo, Israel isn't going to attack Iran.
2. The Israelis aren't dumb enough to start a war with Russia.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If by World War 3 you actually mean "Are we witnessing the moment before Western civilization decides survival is not politically correct?", then yes, we are.
View Quote

This. Eventually even the PC commandos will get tired of their shit.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The bible is a fairytale. so that cant be possible.
View Quote

Never let an opportunity to be a jackass and show how "intellectually superior" you are as an atheist pass you by!  Such a valuable contribution to this thread.

Meanwhile I will pray our leadership or lack thereof doesn't sit idly by while Americans are killed. Based on what we've seen from FBHO and our "leaders," it will take an act of God for them to not be completely spineless and useless and let our military, the best in the world, stomp these savages.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#36]
The period of relative peace in Europe following WWII was a historical anomaly that is probably coming to an overdue end.

WWIII? Who knows. Doubt it, since there are no major military powers that are likely to throw down in total war.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks Obama.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So let's say Iran gets close to the bomb and Israel launches an attack. Well Russia doesn't care for IDF planes flying over their forces so they shoot a couple down. Well Israel can't stand that obviously. One, an existential crisis still exists if Iran gets a bomb so the strike must go on, two, they now have to return fire on Russia. So now Russia and Israel are at war.

Netan-yahoo?

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#39]
It can go either way
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative.  You need to read Israeli nuclear doctrine.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#41]
We are watching everyone bomb ISIS.

I wouldn't say it's a world War per se, more of everyone kill one group of people.

Now if we fuck with Russia or they fuck with us, it might get dicey...
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Europe is on track to become a Muslim dominated continent. I fear for my 2 year old son.  What kind of horrors he'll witness in his lifetime.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I vote no

Because in the history of mankind it never does escalate as we've always forgiven each other, shook hands and went home. ... buddies

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Either that or the surrendering of the greatest nations on earth.

Our choice.
View Quote

I'm guessing 'we' give up since kids nowadays are apparently more concerned with meanie police officers and hurt feels.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

The period of relative peace in Europe following WWII was a historical anomaly that is probably coming to an overdue end.

WWIII? Who knows. Doubt it, since there are no major military powers that are likely to throw down in total war.
View Quote
The definition of war has completely changed since world war 2.  As war evolved from the revolutionary war to WW2, technology has helped to evolve war.

All the super powers fighting on a global scale will be in our future.

Wait till Isis gets cocky and fucks with China.  

Watch and see.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Europe is on track to become a Muslim dominated continent. I fear for my 2 year old son.  What kind of horrors he'll witness in his lifetime.
View Quote

internet might go down for a few hours.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

They have already attacked them in the past. Why wouldn't they again? If Iran gets within spitting distance of a bomb you are out of your mind if you think Israel won't attack. They have no option not to...

ETA: And as for attacking Russia...the idea is that if Russia impedes a strike on Iran or takes any action against Israeli forces to stop said attack then Isreal would respond. Again what makes you think they wouldn't? You really think they would let Russia shoot down a strike package en route to Iran and do nothing about it?

Don't get me wrong, my little scenario there is a bunch of "what ifs" that may (hopefully) never happen, but it IS the dominoes that could fall into place in order to lead us down the road to a true WWIII,
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Like the previous guy said they crashed hijacked airplanes into skyscrapers on 9/11 and all we did was piss money and blood trying to win hearts and minds for some of the most worthless land on the planet.  You think we're going to  go gloves off over the attacks in paris or any of the other shit going on?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The definition of war has completely changed since world war 2.  As war evolved from the revolutionary war to WW2, technology has helped to evolve war.  

Watch and see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch and see.

I hate to say it but i look forward to that day. ISIS will fuck with the wrong people one day and they will not give a shit about being PC or civilian casualties and start wiping their ass out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks Obama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Obama.

"We cannot allow Russia to take control of Syrian airspace without consulting us!"

Except Russia is allied with Syria. The US is not.

The US, mostly via the CIA, is backing the rebel forces on the ground.

Russia is backing Asad, attacking for "ISIS" and the CIA-backed "rebels". US gets butthurt that Russia is attacking the CIA's mercenaries freedom fighters and not just "ISIS", wants to call a pow-wow to deconflict the airspace.

If that's not a full blown proxy war, it's about 3 inches away from being one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top