Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/16/2015 12:12:54 AM EDT
I started drinking in my teens.

Between the age of 16 and 20 I drank on average twice a week.

I joined the military at 20 and for the next four years I drank four or five times a week.

Then I got married and typically only drank on the weekends,

I quit drinking all-together six years ago...but then I deployed to AFG.

Since I got back I drink casually, except when I'm alone,

Between everything I've gone through and the lack of purpose since I got back I find myself trying to get drunk more often than not when I'm not around my wife and kids...but it just doesn't happen.

I can drink and drink and drink and I feel fine.

I've gained 20 pounds since getting back from over there, I'm not unhappy. I don't have PTSD.

A few weeks ago I drank 13 Heinekens and besides being thirsty in the morning I didn't feel much more than a buzz.

I used to get terrible hangovers...the kind where you just want to kill yourself.

Now I can drink a gallon of fuckin booze and wake up at 0800 feeling perfectly fine.

What the fuck is going on.

I just turned 39 last week.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Your tolerance is high

Drink more or switch to hard liquor

Or stop drinking, there's always that, too.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#2]
13 beers is nothing. Start drinking liquor.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#3]
"...Heinekens..."
>>Can't get drunk
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Try Rum or Jack Daniels, shit will get you blitzed
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Some people don't really feel drunk no matter how much they drink.

I suspect that you have a personality, perhaps developed over the years, that doesn't allow you to lose control of yourself, so to speak.

I, however, have no problem gettin' my drink on.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Just give it up man. I was drinking a case of lager every night after work when I gave it up. You don't need that shit.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it's time to stop?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Try your best to finish a bottle of Jager then get back to us
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Get back to me when you can drink a case a night and people look at you like you are an alcoholic but you only drink once a month.  I can down a six pack in an hour and feel fine.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#10]
13 green cans isn't much.

Find some hard liquor.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:19:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Only teens or people who don't drink get drunk on beer.

If you want to get drunk drink liquor.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I think a vodka enema will do the trick
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Grab your favorite liquor with a proof higher than 80 and follow the song a few times over. You'll get there.

10 Rounds With Jose Cuervo
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think a vodka enema will do the trick
View Quote

And you know this how?

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#15]
If your drinking to get drunk and not just enjoying the flavor of the drink, you need to seek help.  This is the actions of a teenager just starting to drink or someone with an underlying issue.  
Put down the booze and find a new mission.  When you have found it, you then can enjoy a drink or two without looking for the high.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#16]
1.  pour about 4-5 shots of cuervo into a short glass.  
2.  squeeze 1/4 lime juice into it.
3.  slam it and chase with 20oz of dos equis special
4.  0-happy in about 4.5 minutes...
5.  you're welcome
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:25:15 AM EDT
[#17]
quit while you're ahead
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Slam some knob creek every couple of minutes or so and chase with beer.

You'll fucking get there, trust me
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If your drinking to get drunk and not just enjoying the flavor of the drink, you need to seek help.  This is the actions of a teenager just starting to drink or someone with an underlying issue.  
Put down the booze and find a new mission.  When you have found it, you then can enjoy a drink or two without looking for the high.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I started drinking in my teens.

Between the age of 16 and 20 I drank on average twice a week.

I joined the military at 20 and for the next four years I drank four or five times a week.

Then I got married and typically only drank on the weekends,

I quit drinking all-together six years ago...but then I deployed to AFG.

Since I got back I drink casually, except when I'm alone,

Between everything I've gone through and the lack of purpose since I got back I find myself trying to get drunk more often than not when I'm not around my wife and kids...but it just doesn't happen.

I can drink and drink and drink and I feel fine.

I've gained 20 pounds since getting back from over there, I'm not unhappy. I don't have PTSD.

A few weeks ago I drank 13 Heinekens and besides being thirsty in the morning I didn't feel much more than a buzz.

I used to get terrible hangovers...the kind where you just want to kill yourself.

Now I can drink a gallon of fuckin booze and wake up at 0800 feeling perfectly fine.

What the fuck is going on.

I just turned 39 last week.
View Quote

Just stop drinking.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Try your best to finish a bottle of Jager then get back to us
View Quote

That's giving me some bad flashbacks to college, and I only went for one semester!  Also haven't had a drop of Jager since!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Either try harder or quit -- this is not advocating becoming a drunk.

Not too long ago I killed a 750ml bottle of Jameson's in about 2hrs, you'd think I would have had a good buzz. I didn't and no hangover either.

So I quit for two weeks. Then I had a six pack of 10% DIPA while mowing the lawn -- had to mow it again the next day cause it was all fucked up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#24]
You've got serious underlying issues. Seek help.

No one drinks Heineken to get drunk. Most here prefer bourbon. I do Tequila.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Apple Pie Moonshine. Not from a liquor store.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

something to this ..
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#27]
You're doing it wrong.

Need moar:
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#28]
It takes about 3/4 a bottle of vodka before I feel anything. I know its a sin and am working to stop but it doesn't come easy
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Slam some knob creek every couple of minutes or so and chase with beer.

You'll fucking get there, trust me
View Quote

Mister Elijah Craig snuck up on me last night.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#30]
your liver is catching up with you. In the past your liver wasnt accustomed to processing large amounts of alcohol and your drinking overwhelmed its neutralizing process. Now that its learned that it has to deal with a constant supply its getting ahead of you. the only answer is larger amounts of stronger alcohol to put that bitch in its place.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It takes about 3/4 a bottle of vodka before I feel anything. I know its a sin and am working to stop but it doesn't come easy
View Quote

Is not.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#32]
There was a time when I could not fall asleep unless I got drunk.

That's one of the reasons why I quit six years ago.

Honestly, ever since I got back from over there I have been having problems feeling anything except the urge to go back.

I love my family...but I feel unfulfilled.

I think I hide it real well from my family...but I need to figure this shit out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah it's hard to get drunk on beer.  You get full before you get drunk.  13 won't do it.  Go get you a bottle of wild turkey 101 and drink up,
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Honestly, ever since I got back from over there I have been having problems feeling anything except the urge to go back.

I think I hide it real well from my family...but I need to figure this shit out.
View Quote

Yeah I don't think alcohol is your friend.  Figur out what you need to figure out and then you can think about booze again.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#35]
It's because you're a Cane fan. It's driven you to drinking.

But seriously, if you're not even getting drunk, and it's negatively impacting your life, quitting is the best option.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:54:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
13 beers is nothing. Start drinking liquor.  
View Quote

This, beer is not drinking.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I quit drinking (every night for years) and replaced that with bodybuilding. I go to the gym and just completely zap myself after dinner 5 nights a week. I'd suggest trying to do the same if you can get yourself motivated. Or fitness in general if building muscle isn't your thing. I don't even get that "a drink sounds good" feeling hardly ever anymore.

I am and will continue to be always content as fuck with the replacement.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But seriously, if you're not even getting drunk, and it's negatively impacting your life, quitting is the best option.

View Quote

That's the thing, it's not negatively affecting my life at all.

My home life is great!

I just want to get turnt every once in a while...and fuck if I can't.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:01:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

My home life is great!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My home life is great!

In that case, liquor is the answer. Beer takes too long.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#40]
smug people drink Beer to make a euphoric connection to high quality brewing process with an elite hops and barley mixture that creates the perfect thick and sticky head and a rich caramel tint that compared to liquefied bread. However i drink beer as a cheap way to binge and the only euphoric connection i have is when im hung over and blowing it out my ass.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#41]
"He looks really good when he's shitfaced"     said no one ever

Keep it under control

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

What is going to happen is you are going to get absolutely fuck blindsided.  Health failure, DUI, wreck and injuries.  It is goin to happen all at once.  What ever is compelling you to drink, you need to seek help for it outside the bottle.  Are you having any memory loss?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Your healing properties are preventing you from getting drunk.
Your adamantium skeleton probably isn't helping either.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:20:40 AM EDT
[#44]
LSD. That will set you straight.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#45]
I had two beers with dinner tonight, part of my maybe 24 per year. I had more of a buzz than I thought I would. Butterflied filet mignon and lager, mm good.
you know heroin junkies keep doing more and more too.
those that are saying 13 beers ain't much, you may be kidding yourselves, too.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#46]
You're an alcoholic, that's what is going on.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Grab your favorite liquor with a proof higher than 80 and follow the song a few times over. You'll get there.

10 Rounds With Jose Cuervo
View Quote

Confirmed it works still.

Either give it up or grab a bottle OP.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

I can not in all honesty say I have ever drank anything alcoholic for the taste. If I drink it is to get at least a little relaxation going on. Some things are easier to drink than others but as a whole most outside of a handful of beers and some wine types are nasty.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like you are ready to make First Sergeant.

-self edit: {I typed up a bunch of personal/family related crap here. Sat re-reading it a few times and struggled over hitting the submit button. Decided to keep it private since I have local friends on this board}

I don't have anything against drinking, but I rarely if ever do. I feel like one of us needs to be ready in case something happens. What if our kid needed to get to the hospital, or if someone breaks in, or the house catches fire? One of us has to be able to respond. I know it won't be her. It's all on me now.  

Stop now. Clean out. Go hit the gym instead. You may think your family doesn't notice or even mind, but they do. I see it affecting our daughter the most. The answers you seek won't be found in a bottle.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What is going to happen is you are going to get absolutely fuck blindsided.  Health failure, DUI, wreck and injuries.  It is goin to happen all at once.  What ever is compelling you to drink, you need to seek help for it outside the bottle.  Are you having any memory loss?
View Quote

This.

How far are you going to go to chase a buzz?  If 13 beers isn't getting you the feeling you seek, try a whole different route... one that does not involve alcohol.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top