Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/3/2015 4:53:41 PM EDT
Link

A Georgia trooper involved in a highway crash that killed two teenage girls has been fired after an investigation found he was speeding before the wreck.

State Patrol Trooper Anthony Scott, 26, was given the boot Friday following the tragic deaths of 17-year-old Kylie Lindsey and 16-year-old Isabella Chinchilla last week.

The former U.S. Marine was driving 90 mph and wasn't responding to a work call Saturday when he plowed into the back of a Nissan Sentra carrying the girls and two of their male friends, authorities said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Charges?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunate. 90mph? Man....
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
GSP... God's Special People.... Not going to group them all in the same category... however, lots don't bother with speed limits...
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
What no screen name jokes when it is a cop who does something criminal?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I just posted that last week in a cop thread IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
FPNI. What would happen if anyone else did that?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GSP... God's Special People.... Not going to group them all in the same category... however, lots don't bother with speed limits...
View Quote

Speed limits are for proles. Just like laws about not looking at phones or computers while driving.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Sad, he should get time or sued. Complete irresponsibility on his behalf.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe read the article?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reckless driving charge and a massive lawsuit.

Although if he wasn't responding to a call, he probably would not get immunity in my state. So he (and the state) will get sued.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#11]
It's his third car crash involving "misjudged clearance,"
View Quote

LOL. He and the state are going to get loved tenderly by some lawyers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Tragic for no reason.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Tragic story, those were some gorgeous girls who never got a chance
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Bunch of cop hating  dopers in here.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Police work isn't pretty. It can't  fit your quaint notions of poliety.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#18]
GSP's generally go everywhere at least 10-15 mph over the limit.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#19]
He should be charged for murder (no reason for him driving 90mph), sent to prison and placed in gen pop.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#20]
A lot of you are forgetting that the other driver turned left in front of him.  And the two females who died were not wearing seatbelts.  I'm not saying the trooper is innocent, and his speed is a contributing factor in the severity of the accident, but he's not totally at fault.

ETA: I've worked accidents where I cited the at fault driver for failure to yield while turning left.  When one took it to court and argued that the oncoming car was speeding the judge said he didn't care if they were going 300mph and doing cartwheels, you still have to yield before you can make a left turn.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A lot of you are forgetting that the other driver turned left in front of him.  And the two females who died were not wearing seatbelts.  I'm not saying the trooper is innocent, and his speed is a contributing factor in the severity of the accident, but he's not totally at fault.
View Quote

Maybe he misjudged how much time he had to turn because the officer was going 50% faster than he should have.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#22]
The officer's THIRD car crash!  Some people you just can't reach.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The officer's THIRD car crash!
View Quote

I worked with many cops who had more.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Another Trooper was sentenced to two years for killing a woman when he ran a red light responding to a call.

The Georgia State Patrol trooper who was behind the wheel of the cruiser that killed a woman on New Year’s Eve 2011 has been sentenced to two years in prison and eight years of probation.
rooper Donald Crozier pleaded guilty on Monday to vehicular homicide and reckless driving, and minutes before the trial was to begin, he pleaded guilty to violating his oath of office, moving the trial to the penalty phase.

On Dec. 31, 2011, Crozier sped through a red light with his siren on. He crashed into a car, killing Kathy Porter. WSB

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ETA: I've worked accidents where I cited the at fault driver for failure to yield while turning left.  When one took it to court and argued that the oncoming car was speeding the judge said he didn't care if they were going 300mph and doing cartwheels, you still have to yield before you can make a left turn.
View Quote

That judge is a loon.  At least you set it up by citing the drivers for something the human body isn't good at doing.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought everyone around here did that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#27]
The car carrying the victims pulled out in front of the cop. He shouldn't have been speeding, but pulling out in front of someone is incredibly stupid. The boy driving should feel pretty bad. Also, one of the girls wasn't wearing a seat belt, and was thrown from the car.

Side note, those two girls wore a fuckton of makeup. I'm surprised they were as young as they were. They look older.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"At least"

Most people cap out at around 10 over. I routinely get passed in 55's by troopers going 70-75.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, because 'closing distances" and the time to complete the turn aren't different when the oncoming car is going a lot faster than the speed limit.

I have plenty of time to get out of my neighborhood on to the main road when I can't see a car coming, but it is close when I can see them, so I don't pullout when a car is visible. Don't think I haven't considered what would happen if some jackass topped the hill at 90mph after I already decided to pull out or turn in for that matter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, because 'closing distances" and the time to complete the turn aren't different when the oncoming car is going a lot faster than the speed limit.

I have plenty of time to get out of my neighborhood on to the main road when I can't see a car coming, but it is close when I can see them, so I don't pullout when a car is visible. Don't think I haven't considered what would happen if some jackass topped the hill at 90mph after I already decided to pull out or turn in for that matter.

It's also worth noting that the accident was at 11:30 at night when estimating speed based on little more than the size of the headlights is pretty damn tough.

ETA:  "Lindsey, who did not have her seatbelt on, was thrown from the car."  Where are you getting that the other female victim wasn't wearing a seat belt?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Dad for all involved.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#32]
That sucks for the family.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Tragic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
But going damn near double the speed limit is the problem.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#35]
It's not like getting fired is going to be the only consequence.  Expect a shitload of charges coming his way
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

They aren't forgetting, they're ignoring
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. Cop should still be brought up on at least involuntary manslaughter charges.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

He wasn't doing police work.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not sure if serious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, does that give the an excuse to break the law? Fuck no, dude maybe a brother but he needs to be hung out to dry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, it would be impossible to avoid an accident like that by going the speed limit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn. He ruined those two guys' night.

Pretty girls.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously the two girls in the back seat meant to commit suicide by cop when they made the driver pull out in front of a car going twice the speed limit in the dark.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#45]
good

hopefully there are charges and wrongful death suits.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

NO!  It is criminal hate. When he decided to ignore the law he became a criminal FUCK HIM!
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

NO!  It is criminal hate. When he decided to ignore the law he became a criminal FUCK HIM!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was told by a US Marshall here in GA that I can drive 10 over legally. 11 over, ticket.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Sad.
Nice looking kids.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top