Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/29/2015 8:57:30 PM EDT
Hello everyone.

I am new to the forum here, so please don't grill me for this. I was wanting to start a thread concerning a recent firearms accident I had, but wasn't sure what folder or section it should go in. Also, I wasn't really sure if anyone on the forum would want to hear about it, or if I should just keep it too myself. I guess people could learn some safety point, but most everything should have been common sense. Any info or responses would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Post it here.  Hope you have thick skin.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Please tell us more on your accident.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
here of course. You'll get the best responses.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome.
View Quote

This.
You are among friends.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
you were drinking correct?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
In on one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In.
View Quote

btl
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Shot your wiener off with appendix carry?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Standing by!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#12]
This should be good!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I appreciate the support from everyone. I am going to have to make a few replies explaining what happened, as my left hand was injured and it has slowed down my typing some. and I will come straight out and say the accident was my fault, and preventable. I guess I should first ask if people want to hear the short version, or a longer version with more details?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#14]
You seem, what's the word?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hello everyone.

I am new to the forum here, so please don't grill me for this. I was wanting to start a thread concerning a recent firearms accident I had, but wasn't sure what folder or section it should go in. Also, I wasn't really sure if anyone on the forum would want to hear about it, or if I should just keep it too myself. I guess people could learn some safety point, but most everything should have been common sense. Any info or responses would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
View Quote

When's your 17th birthday?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#16]
IN for 15er's tale of woe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome OP

In on one on this motherfucker
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#18]
that would have been... over 4 years ago
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome back!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#20]
where is the "IN" category people are referring to?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Post both long and short versions.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it ok to post it here, or should I create another thread somewhere else?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I guess I should first ask if people want to hear the short version, or a longer version with more details?
View Quote

Long version, and a TLDR summary at the bottom.
Bonus points if you can include an MS Paint diagram or a pic of the gun that includes your toes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Familiar?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

And pics of wife.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Well, I appreciate the support from everyone. I am going to have to make a few replies explaining what happened, as my left hand was injured and it has slowed down my typing some. and I will come straight out and say the accident was my fault, and preventable. I guess I should first ask if people want to hear the short version, or a longer version with more details?
View Quote

GD loves gory details of ND stories!

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#27]
We all like pics, even though I'm the worst one at it.  Ya got a Gat?  Prove it!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Pic of the wound.......
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hello everyone.

View Quote

Welcome to the forum.  I agree with the below post, especially the latter half of it.  In General Discussion(GD) expect childishness, criticism, derision, mockery, and unfortunately some insults.  Some may be warranted, but obviously you know that.

Quoted:
Post it here.  Hope you have thick skin.
View Quote

If you want a possibly tamer discussion, post in whichever firearm related "technical" forum or the PA Hometown forum.  The "technical" forums are the forums other than GD, but attempt to keep it technical with regards to lessons learned in nature.  Also, you might attempt a search(using google search of ar15.com is better than the onboard search function) in order to see if the topic has been brought up before.  It is likely it has, and you can either reference that discussion to add to your post, or just save your time.

Once again, welcome.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Beans or no beans?

And long version. Summary and ms paint are also always good too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Hi dan!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Bonus points if you can include an MS Paint diagram or a pic of the gun that includes your toes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I should first ask if people want to hear the short version, or a longer version with more details?

I can post pics of the aftermath. However, I am kind of bummed the photos of my blood trail through the house were deleted. I planned to use everything for a firearms safety lesson down the road if/when I have children haha
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pic of the wound.......
View Quote

Don't make me catch a timeout...
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
long version please.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#35]
In!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#36]
It looks like you are off to a good start.   Dont take anything personal here.   This is the best place in the world for help and information but you have to put up with a lot of shit and grow thick skin quickly.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#37]
First thread and you've already made the list.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as you know how to use paragraphs, long version. No one wants a wall of text.

Pics are always a plus!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#39]
The important thing is, did you learn from your mistake?  I personally have had two in my life time. One at age 10 with a .22 and Mom made me sew the hole up in my mattress and the other was with an M-16 under fire when I was in the Marine Corps. I count my self lucky no one was hurt.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#40]
How can I not be NI
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Familiar?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guys are just saying "In" to sound cool and that they expect tons of drama from your thread.  With the topic of any ND or other firearm related accident, drama here in GD is likely.  

Instead of saying "in", tag, OST, or whatever, they could just hit the subscribe button.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I can post pics of the aftermath. However, I am kind of bummed the photos of my blood trail through the house were deleted. I planned to use everything for a firearms safety lesson down the road if/when I have children haha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So in.

Please, continue.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#44]
We're waiting.....

DAY 1.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
Its code. It means they think you are cool.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Post here

Intermediate version for me please

I'm waiting patiently  

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hi dan!
View Quote

Funny I thought the same damn thing
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#48]
The lack of pichers is unsettling

Also

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#49]

" />
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Welcome sir. I'm interested.

Make sure you have some thick skin when you post it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top