Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 7/31/2015 12:21:29 PM EDT
1. Anti-abortion activists like to compare abortion in the US as morally equivalent to the Holocaust, or say it's even worse, due to the larger number of dead fetuses vs. dead Jews.
2. It's generally accepted by people of almost all political views that the German citizenry during WWII were morally complicit in the Holocaust, at least to some degree, because they did nothing to stop the Holocaust, even if they didn't actively participate in the killing.
3. Anti-abortion activists in the US who kill abortionists, bomb abortion clinics or otherwise commit violent acts to stop abortions are roundly denounced by the vast majority of anti-abortion activists who apparently don't think violence is a good idea.
4. It's been over 40 years since Roe v. Wade, and abortion is still legal.  Non-violent action through the courts is one method to try to limit the number of abortions, but there's still thousands of abortions happening each day, so legal action doesn't appear to be very effective.
5. I realize not all anti-abortion activists are gun owners, and not all gun owners are anti-abortion, but there is significant overlap.  The capability for violent acts is there.  This isn't really a gun thing either, as violent acts would still be possible (and still relatively easy, for that matter) even if guns were banned or more highly restricted.
6. Yet, violent acts against abortionists are pretty rare.

So the Holocaust comparision fails, because the actions of anti-abortion activists show that they themselves don't believe it.  Well, either that or they're a bunch of hypocrites who blame Germans for allowing the Holocaust yet won't do anything today against those perpetrating what they say are equivalent acts.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just hear for the "ghoul" comments by those that think solely with their feels
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a sensational claim and just put out there to try and rile people up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
CleverFalseDilemma
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
3400 aborted, innocent, gelatinous, babies today.

PC vs IMac? 9 vs 45? Beans vs no beans?        3400...

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
No, it's not the same. I am not making light of abortion, but there was an element of terror for the victims of the holocaust that cannot be rivaled in the killing of a developing fetus.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THIS!

DID YOU SEE THOSE PLANNED PARENTHOOD VIDEOS!

OMG
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The comparison between the holocaust and the abortion industry is the blatant, and cruel disregard for human life.  Not any of the points you mentioned.

Holocaust = exterminating human beings because they're unwanted

Abortion = exterminating human beings because unwanted.

In both those cases the political class and their supporting citizens want to exterminate life they deem unworthy of sharing air with.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there a guide book to using GD that I didn't read?  Like a guide book of topics to beat to death and re-hash every time it's not present on the front page?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a guide book to using GD that I didn't read?  Like a guide book of topics to beat to death and re-hash every time it's not present on the front page?
View Quote

OP is trolling like a boss trying to get some bans for folks advocating violence.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I put "abortion" right in the title to help you not click on this thread if you didn't want to read an abortion thread.  Most people are capable of avoiding threads they're uninterested in, as long as the title is descriptive enough.  So are you just a moron, or do you enjoy bitching about your own illiteracy?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Well for one thing Abortion is real.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
When Nazi's were in charge of Germany what percentage of the population took up arms to stop the holocaust?

Hindsight tends to be 20/20.

I would also point out their is much debate between pro-lifers about when a fetus qualifies for rights, no one has to debate that when it comes to born Jews or gypsies so the evil is easier to denounce.

In your oppinion, when in development is a fetus deserving of human rights, what makes it deserving of human rights at that point?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe must of those anti-abortion folks actually do cherish human life and hope to change things without taking lives they have to right to... Nah, they probably just want to bellyache
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Democrats:

Brave enough to kill our unborn children, just not brave enough to kill our enemies.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
1. Anti-abortion activists like to compare abortion in the US as morally equivalent to the Holocaust, or say it's even worse, due to the larger number of dead fetuses vs. dead Jews.
2. It's generally accepted by people of almost all political views that the German citizenry during WWII were morally complicit in the Holocaust, at least to some degree, because they did nothing to stop the Holocaust, even if they didn't actively participate in the killing.
3. Anti-abortion activists in the US who kill abortionists, bomb abortion clinics or otherwise commit violent acts to stop abortions are roundly denounced by the vast majority of anti-abortion activists who apparently don't think violence is a good idea.
4. It's been over 40 years since Roe v. Wade, and abortion is still legal.  Non-violent action through the courts is one method to try to limit the number of abortions, but there's still thousands of abortions happening each day, so legal action doesn't appear to be very effective.
5. I realize not all anti-abortion activists are gun owners, and not all gun owners are anti-abortion, but there is significant overlap.  The capability for violent acts is there.  This isn't really a gun thing either, as violent acts would still be possible (and still relatively easy, for that matter) even if guns were banned or more highly restricted.

So the Holocaust comparision fails, because the actions of anti-abortion activists show that they themselves don't believe it.  Well, either that or they're a bunch of hypocrites who blame Germans for allowing the Holocaust yet won't do anything today against those perpetrating what they say are equivalent acts.

Thoughts?
View Quote

Anti-abortion Americans, myself included, are too fat, dumb, and happy to engage in violence against abortionists. We are too busy with our jobs, our families, and our kids college funds. We are every bit as complicit as the Germans were in the Holocaust. We know fully what is going on and we do nothing but vote and complain. We choose our families and our personal well being over what we know to be right. I am fully guilty.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The comparison between the holocaust and the abortion industry is the blatant, and cruel disregard for human life.  Not any of the points you mentioned.

In both those cases the political class and their supporting citizens want to exterminate life they deem unworthy of sharing air with.
View Quote

The difference is in the case of the abortion a woman made the decision to end the life of a human being inside of her.
In the case of the Holocaust others made the decision to end the lives of 11 million people
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm finished with this topic.

Mostly because we can't even agree when lif begins.

To some, merely jacking off into a towel is murder because if I expel semen into anything besides a viable female.... I'm not giving them a chance to do their thing (due to their religion, that I'm not a member of).

It's pointless to discuss until that question is answered and agreed on and no longer up for debate (which well be never).
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The difference is in the case of the abortion a woman made the decision to end the life of a human being inside of her.
In the case of the Holocaust others made the decision to end the lives of 11 million people
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While you may see that as an important difference, anti-abortion activists don't, so your argument is invalid in regards to the decision-making by those anti-abortion activists.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No, it's not the same. I am not making light of abortion, but there was an element of terror for the victims of the holocaust that cannot be rivaled in the killing of a developing fetus Human being.

View Quote

Fixed....
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Youse trollin.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When Nazi's were in charge of Germany what percentage of the population took up arms to stop the holocaust?

I would also point out their is much debate between pro-lifers about when a fetus qualifies for rights, no one has to debate that when it comes to born Jews or gypsies so the evil is easier to denounce.

In your oppinion, when in development is a fetus deserving of human rights, what makes it deserving of human rights at that point?
View Quote

For the purposes of this thread, assume I mean "anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception" when I say "anti-abortion activists."
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of women do it willingly.

Plenty of Jews got on the trains willingly.

Doesn't excuse a thing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

To some, merely jacking off into a towel is murder because if I expel semen into anything besides a viable female.... I'm not giving them a chance to do their thing (due to their religion, that I'm not a member of).

It's pointless to discuss until that question is answered and agreed on and no longer up for debate (which well be never).
View Quote

I don't care what the legal definition is, but to purposefully kill a growing human being in someone's womb is evil. To do so after that being can feel pain is both evil, and cruel and shouldn't be allowed.  

at the end of the day, we're not talking about abortion, we're talking about self defense.  Babies,  being unable to defend themselves, need someone else to protect their lives.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Doesn't excuse a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't excuse a thing.

I do not for one second believe that one single jew ever got on a train without being coerced.

Do you really believe that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

I have never seen a pro life advocate claim that semen are on par with a baby.  Plenty hold out for treating a fertilized egg like a human, but pretty much the only people to bring up semen are "pro choice" advocates.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Truly barbaric times we live in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, then I guess when asked, 60 million children signed up for death by abortion.  So they are different.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

For the purposes of this thread, assume I mean "anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception" when I say "anti-abortion activists."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You just eleminated 90% of anti-abortion activists.  Can you please answer my question:

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#30]
ITT, OP demonstrates his "intelligence" by being surprised that people who value life don't kill people.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#31]
All we can hope is that the GOP makes abortion a top priority in 2016.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#32]
We all should have tattoos that identify us as survivors as we made it out.  Others are not so lucky.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thoughts?
View Quote

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Loads of lives were ended.
The majority of people were complicit (either actively helping or doing little to nothing against it).
It carries a government mandate.

So surely that says that it is like the holocaust?

Or are you trying to say that the people who compare it to the holocaust don't seem to want to follow through on that and take serious action? Is the same not true of many German people who did not agree with what was happening to the Jews but did not want to take action? Which makes it like the holocaust...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You just eleminated 90% of anti-abortion activists.  Can you please answer my question:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My opinion on abortion doesn't matter.  Even if there's only 10% of anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception (I think it's higher than that though), there would be way more violence against abortionists than there actually is, if anti-abortion activists actually belived abortion and the Holocaust are equivalent.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
All we can hope is that the GOP makes abortion a top priority in 2016.
View Quote

GOP is run by progressive's so doubt that will happen.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

My opinion on abortion doesn't matter. Even if there's only 10% of anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception (I think it's [url=http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/08/poll-52-percent-of-americans-say-life-begins-at-conception/]higher than that though[/url), there would be way more violence against abortionists than there actually is, if anti-abortion activists actually belived abortion and the Holocaust are equivalent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just eleminated 90% of anti-abortion activists. Can you please answer my question:

My opinion on abortion doesn't matter. Even if there's only 10% of anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception (I think it's [url=http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/08/poll-52-percent-of-americans-say-life-begins-at-conception/]higher than that though[/url), there would be way more violence against abortionists than there actually is, if anti-abortion activists actually belived abortion and the Holocaust are equivalent.

You started an abortion thread, yet refuse to put out your own views on what makes someone human.  Then you deride others because they're not willing to suicide their life to save a few people
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#37]
the difference is that you dont see them. You never heard em scream.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Republicans complain we can't win an election.

Republicans want democrats to breed like rabbits and make more democrats.  

WTF.

You ain't going to hell for what your neighbor does, and no despite all the tears it doesn't impact your way of life AT ALL.

"Well there's a thing called doing the right thing!"

Okay, option A, you win and in the long run, things will go our way.  Victory gets results, losing doesn't.  Example, Obama.

Or B, lose, have wrong take over the world, but hold your head high on Sunday cause you tried to save some kids that would've grown up in unfit homes, become liberals and in certain cases criminals.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

My opinion on abortion doesn't matter. Even if there's only 10% of anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception (I think it's higher than that though), there would be way more violence against abortionists than there actually is, if anti-abortion activists actually belived abortion and the Holocaust are equivalent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just eleminated 90% of anti-abortion activists. Can you please answer my question:

My opinion on abortion doesn't matter. Even if there's only 10% of anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception (I think it's higher than that though), there would be way more violence against abortionists than there actually is, if anti-abortion activists actually belived abortion and the Holocaust are equivalent.

I should also point out, just because you think a fertilized egg is a distinct life doesn't mean you believe it has full human rights yet.  Sperm is alive, eggs are alive, they join together and make a new life.  I would not go so far as to say they have rights yet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My opinion on abortion doesn't matter.  Even if there's only 10% of anti-abortion activists who believe life begins at conception (I think it's higher than that though), there would be way more violence against abortionists than there actually is, if anti-abortion activists actually belived abortion and the Holocaust are equivalent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was very little German resistance against the Holocaust so it's basically exactly the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Or are you trying to say that the people who compare it to the holocaust don't seem to want to follow through on that and take serious action?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Or are you trying to say that the people who compare it to the holocaust don't seem to want to follow through on that and take serious action?

This.

Is the same not true of many German people who did not agree with what was happening to the Jews but did not want to take action? Which makes it like the holocaust...

But when an anti-abortion activist is making the abortion-Holocaust comparison, then they are calling out someone else for something they themselves are unwilling to do.  At least the Germans weren't smugly making comparisons to some other mass killing while they were doing nothing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#42]
The holocaust didn't save us billions in welfare payments either.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think life begins at conception. It has to when following logic. That said, all kinds of things happen in a pregnancy that many people don't really know. Like fertilized eggs not implanting, implanted eggs spontaneously aborting, etc.

I just don't know what side of the abortion debate to come down on. I can see the reasonable (non-fringe) arguments on both sides. For example, I don't see some grave crime having been committed when a very young embryo is aborted. There is no mind whatsoever. Not even a chance at self awareness. I can also see why people want to kill guys like Tiller when you have them jacking scissors into the heads of completely viable babies. Legally, there has to be a line, and the current one where third trimester abortions are banned is probably the political equilibrium.

There is no easy solution and abortion is here to stay. Even if you tried to outright ban them, there is enough political steam behind the pro-choice movement to have that ban overturned quick.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The holocaust didn't save us billions in welfare payments either.  
View Quote

What an idiotic red herring.

Welfare has only gone up.  You get more of what you incentivize, and that's about all there is to it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thoughts?
View Quote

I find it interesting that just as the holocaust wound up leading to the downfall of Germany and led to major political and cultural shifts.  So too, Abortion(or more correctly, the progressive movement that endorses abortion) is leading to political and cultural shifts w/in the US.  Oddly enough, for every child aborted there has been a immigrant willing to take it's place in the job market, and on the welfare roles and in the voting booth.  It is interesting to ponder if homegrown citizens would have a bit more dedication to American ideals; then some immigrants that know nothing but corruption, or favor political and cultural practices hostile to traditional American culture.  If a nation does not bother to show up, or subsidizes it's own destruction...it will lose the demographic competition.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#46]
It may not be The Holocaust™, but it's a holocaust.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ITT, OP demonstrates his "intelligence" by being surprised that people who value life don't kill people.
View Quote

I imagine most people here would grab their gun and take action against someone who was operating an organ harvesting operation with kindergarteners.  They would not value the life of the organ-harvester.

So (for anti-abortion activists who consider the life of a fetus and the life of a kindergartener as equivalent) why don't we see more of those people taking similar action against abortionists?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sir, that is some weapon's grade trolling right there.  Bravo.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

[foamatmouth] OMG AN 88'r AN 88'r i DEMANDS TEH BANHAMMERZ OMFG[/foamsatmouth]

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is pretty funny...another self identified intelligentsia with a touch too much education...without the common sense to make it work
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top