Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/28/2015 4:59:19 AM EDT

I am truly curious as to who the cops are that carry around "throw away guns" day in and day out, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to plant them on "deserving" individuals.

I would love to hear from the LEOs on this board on how you determine who and when to plant the gun. Is it something talked about and arranged prior to the stop? Is it a spur of the moment sort of thing? How long do you carry the gun before you decide to plant it? Does the department issue the plant gun or do you have to acquire one yourself? How is it determined who is deserving of the planted gun?

I've seen numerous stories accusing cops of planting guns and these are some of the questions that always come to mind.  

This is the latest video that inspired me to start this thread.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am truly curious as to who the cops are that carry around "throw away guns" day in and day out, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to plant them on "deserving" individuals.

I would love to hear from the LEOs on this board on how you determine who and when to plant the gun. Is it something talked about and arranged prior to the stop? Is it a spur of the moment sort of thing? How long do you carry the gun before you decide to plant it? Does the department issue the plant gun or do you have to acquire one yourself? How is it determined who is deserving of the planted gun?

I've seen numerous stories accusing cops of planting guns and these are some of the questions that always come to mind.  

This is the latest video that inspired me to start this thread.
View Quote

I don't doubt that it happens.

I do doubt that it happens anywhere near as often as the media and urban rumor mill would have us believe.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Why does OP find the need to make gay threadz? The world may never know.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#5]
It has never happened in the history of the country - how silly of you OP. LE is held to a higher standard  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:06:49 AM EDT
[#6]
General bashing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Pffft, new yorker

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#8]
They keep it for when they run out of crack to sprinkle on you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:09:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It has never happened in the history of the country - how silly of you OP. LE is held to a higher standard  
View Quote

I linked video "proof"!  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pffft, new yorker  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pffft, new yorker  

At least I know what a double yellow line is texan oh and turn signals
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:11:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They keep it for when they run out of crack to sprinkle on you.
View Quote
Obviously, but how do they determine who gets the crack and who gets the gun? Does policy differ from precinct to precinct?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#12]
The video starts long after they had searched the suspect's backpack, the officer most likely found the gun at that time, then placed it in his pocket to secure it from the dozen or so 'onlookers' who were standing only feet away. And it looks to me like the suspect spat at the officer, the officer reacted by striking the suspect where the saliva came from.......not advisable to spit on police.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#13]
When I was attached to the Cav in Iraq, every Humvee had a "drop AK", I am sure it is the same mentality.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#14]
In on 1.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:18:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

When I was attached to the Cav in Iraq, every Humvee had a "drop AK", I am sure it is the same mentality.
View Quote
Now we are getting somewhere.   What was the SOP of determining the recipient of the AK?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Now we are getting somewhere.   What was the SOP of determining the recipient of the AK?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Oh fuck oh fuck we shouldn't have shot that guy, quick get the drop gun from the HMMWV".
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:21:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
General bashing.
View Quote

Hall monitor?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Oh fuck oh fuck we shouldn't have shot that guy, quick get the drop gun from the HMMWV".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

You just admitted to murder, obstruction, evidence tampering, and probably a list of charges I don't even know of on a public message board?

The thread is retarded - your post really wraps it up with a nice little bow for us.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

You just admitted to murder, obstruction, evidence tampering, and probably a list of charges I don't even know of on a public message board?

The thread is retarded - your post really wraps it up with a nice little bow for us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

Um, ok?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:30:26 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL.  This thread.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Are you fucking serious?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

The thread is awesome, the 15er is retarded.

FIFY  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I patiently await the LEO's response to this.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes I forget you guys can't see our icons
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:42:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

FIFY  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

FIFY  

I'm still trying to figure out where I confessed to murder, pretty sure I'd remember that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:45:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here's one:

lol
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#27]
School is starting soon, thankfully.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The video starts long after they had searched the suspect's backpack, the officer most likely found the gun at that time, then placed it in his pocket to secure it from the dozen or so 'onlookers' who were standing only feet away. And it looks to me like the suspect spat at the officer, the officer reacted by striking the suspect where the saliva came from.......not advisable to spit on police.
View Quote

This.  Cops aren't perfect, but in that situation, I wouldn't take "social media's" word for anything.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Truth.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh for fuck's sake.....

In
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:06:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

In other words, typical of him.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

Wow, really? Is that what you think he did?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

Feel free to highlight the part where I stated I murdered anyone.

I'll wait.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#34]
I buy my throw away guns at gun shows because there is no background check and they are untraceable.  Unfortunately, my union stipend only covers three throw always yearly so I'm limited by that.

Seriously some of you fuckers are dumber than mud.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#35]
For further harvesting
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#36]
MET-TC

I've always favored the crack sprinkle when I'm out to undermine the Constitution and violate civil liberties.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#37]
In for the hilarity.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#38]
video from the OP is far from proof that the gun was planted. To me it looks like the cop was searching his pockets and found the gun and when he found it called the guy a pussy. the slap was too far but i dont see a planted gun.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#39]
These aren't my pants!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#40]
IBTL
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:51:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Those RG .22 short revolvers aren't going to plant themselves.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#43]
They do it because they are corrupt. In a best case scenario the cop believes the person is guilty but they know their isn't enough evidence to prove it so the cop abuses his power to try to frame someone.  In a worst case scenario the cop frames someone that they believe is innocent.  

Clearly at the end of the day we can't have police officers abusing their power and framing people.  I would hope it is a very small percentage of police officers that have or would frame someone.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It doesn't take a fucking LEO or Scotland Yard to look at the story and figure out that the police already picked the gun/bookbag and the criminal douchebag's property up and already had it in their possession, prior to physically take him into custody.
Further, the omission and selectively chosen parts of the statement from the Internal Affairs investigation which happened to include the part of clearing the officer but conveniently left out the part about the "planted handgun" which wasn't even
an issue at the time of arrest.

Way to go.  You are a walking example of exactly why ARFCOM is as screwed up as it is.   Selectively read something on the Internet without looking into it and/or basing an opinion on a case or set of circumstances that you saw a
selected 10 second portion of footage from...with no context or without any idea of what actually happened; then posting your "outrage" on the Internet.  Congratulations.   Way to keep up the ARFCOM tradition of blissful ignorance and knee-jerk reactionism.  

Quoted:
They do it because they are corrupt. In a best case scenario the cop believes the person is guilty but they know their isn't enough evidence to prove it so the cop abuses his power to try to frame someone.  In a worst case scenario the cop frames someone that they believe is innocent.  

Clearly at the end of the day we can't have police officers abusing their power and framing people.  I would hope it is a very small percentage of police officers that have or would frame someone.

Dude...did you even pay attention to this incident?  Did you even try to look up the "story" on a reputable news outlet?  <facepalm>    I want the fuck off this planet.  

Quoted:

Wow....I take it back.  There's actually 1 other person here who actually paid attention.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wow....I take it back.  There's actually 1 other person here who actually paid attention.  
View Quote

I demand a recount.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I demand a recount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I demand a recount.

+1
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

That's what he said he did. My guess is he's talking about a particularly intense COD battle - but that's not what he said.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Troll thread
I've never carried a "drop gun" and don't know anyone who does
Kind of hard to use a gun registered to you and showing as one you've qualified on as a "drop gun"
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Ok, so the officer found the gun earlier in the search, why does he pull it out and wave it around? I am confused by that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top