Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/21/2015 6:01:00 PM EDT
"The FBI has recovered a pistol that may have been privately owned and used by one of the Marines killed here Thursday during the shooting at the Navy Operational Support Center, according to law enforcement officials. Investigators are trying to determine, based on forensics, whether the pistol, a 9mm Glock, was used in an exchange with the shooter, Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez, and possibly wounded him, officials said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/marine-in-chattanooga-shooting-might-have-been-armed-officials-say/2015/07/20/1787a027-bbc4-429b-a8cc-9730d73b96a4_story.html
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
My spider sense is tingling.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
huh.  

If true, too bad the marine wasn't able to cap the guy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

huh.  

View Quote

If true, what's to say he didn't?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"The FBI has recovered a pistol that may have been privately owned and used by one of the Marines killed here Thursday during the shooting at the Navy Operational Support Center, according to law enforcement officials. Investigators are trying to determine, based on forensics, whether the pistol, a 9mm Glock, was used in an exchange with the shooter, Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez, and possibly wounded him, officials said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/marine-in-chattanooga-shooting-might-have-been-armed-officials-say/2015/07/20/1787a027-bbc4-429b-a8cc-9730d73b96a4_story.html
View Quote

Couldn't they just check to see if the magazine was full? It doesn't seem that complicated.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
huh.  

I thought the popo made it pretty clear that they mowed him down.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Couldn't they just check to see if the magazine was full? It doesn't seem that complicated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it's probably still surrounded with police tape and BATFE guys in hazmat suits.  After that it'll be quarantined then hermetically sealed and sent to the FBI labs in Quantico where it will be studied by top men.

TOP men...
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's typically some pretty obvious evidence ejected out the side each time you pull the trigger as well.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Get Some!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#10]
If Glock was there and didn't kill the shooter this will be used to say "see a CCW or weapon at the scene of the shooting doesn't make a difference" "this was a trained professional and he couldn't stop the shooter so how can a citizen CCW'er possibly make any difference?"

Wish the Marines did have guns and did return fire and did kill the bastard.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

huh.  

It'd be interesting if the autopsy of the faggot showed that a 9mm round killed him rather than the .45 that the police carry there
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#12]
If they mowed him down the suspect may have been distracted or moved because the Marine struck him or fired on his position.

If ballistics prove this to be true that a round from the Glock struck the suspect or near where the suspect was during the firefight and the police say or FBI says this was a contributing factor to the suspects demise I think it will add fuel to the fire of the right to conceal carry. As in at leas the man had a fighting chance and used it to his advantage.

Look how that guy in LV is still mentioned to this day right along side the cops that died that day. A total civilian that even thouh he died he was attempting to the right thing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There's typically some pretty obvious evidence ejected out the side each time you pull the trigger as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I swear, some people watch CSI and think everything's easy to figure out.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
If the Marine was armed contrary to regs, then God bless him and America!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They already know, they just haven't released that info yet.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What if it wasn't full to begin with?

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

If Glock was there and didn't kill the shooter this will be used to say "see a CCW or weapon at the scene of the shooting doesn't make a difference" "this was a trained professional and he couldn't stop the shooter so how can a citizen CCW'er possibly make any difference?"

View Quote
I hope they find at least one round from the glock in the fucker's body and determin that the Marine wounded him enough that the police could bat clean-up.

"If he hadn't been bleeding out from the wound from the Marine, he may have put up more of a fight, and we may have some dead cops, too."
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It'd be interesting if the autopsy of the faggot showed that a 9mm round killed him rather than the .45 that the police carry there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
huh.  

oh man the 9 vs 45 thread would be gruesome.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

"See! being armed didn't help and return fire was only dangerous to bystanders!"

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

We can only hope the cocksucker "bought both".
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#22]
are there fucking empty shells on the ground?! what fucking idiots!
MAY have? stupid shits!  GSR on his hand, barrel? shells? hole size in glass?
FUCKING BLOOD on sidewalk!

HOW DO THESE DIPSHITS GET POSITION!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"See! being armed didn't help and return fire was only dangerous to bystanders!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That, but my thinking is more that they are reactionary.  OUR reaction to the whole incident is gaining traction -- about being armed, etc.  In seeing that, to placate as many as they can, they are now saying they WERE armed, but it seems like a lot of smoke screening.  "may" bothers me.

Just thinking out loud...
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#24]
OST.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

are there fucking empty shells on the ground?! what fucking idiots!

MAY have? stupid shits!  GSR on his hand, barrel? shells? hole size in glass?

FUCKING BLOOD on sidewalk!

HOW DO THESE DIPSHITS GET POSITION!
View Quote

It's okay, you'll know in 6-8 weeks once the lab has decided
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd like to think that if one of the Marines had shot him, that terrorist asshole slowly bled to death from it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

huh.  

That would be their spin, I'm sure. Besides, only PoPo can protect us, we're to incapable.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I hope he was able to put up a good fight
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#29]
They know , they just haven't got their stories together of how they want to present this.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe if he was not forced to keep it hidden because of stupid laws  could be the counter.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
OST.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#32]
And the next part will be "federal investigators are trying to determine if they can charge the dead Marine with carrying a weapon on federal property".
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

They know , they just haven't got their stories together of how they want to present this.
View Quote
This thought gives me hope.  Anytime, ANYTIME, anything involving a gun can be presented in a negative light, we hear about it immediately and

non-stop.  If we don't hear about it, they don't want to talk about it because it hurts the narrative.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
huh.  

There is always a circle jerk of the responding officers in every one of these scenarios.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Get Some!
View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And the next part will be "federal investigators are trying to determine if they can charge the dead Marine with carrying a weapon on federal property".
View Quote

Yup. Wonder if SGLI will fuck his family over this.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I already signed off on the Line of Duty investigation prior to the FBI primary report.  Either way we caulking the guns up to guns stored in cars.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No, I already signed off on the Line of Duty investigation prior to the FBI primary report.  Either way we caulking the guns up to guns stored in cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Even if he missed, bullets whizzing past my head has always been a great motivator to go some place else.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#40]
There is some stuff that will probably come out in tomorrows press conference

The Marine in question did save others lives by re-entering the HTC's fenced area and preventing the Jihadi from following the group that went over the fence.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Marine in question did save others lives by re-entering the HTC's fenced area and preventing the Jihadi from following the group that went over the fence.
View Quote

I'm glad he met resistance, and I'm glad that people on the ground aren't afraid to say what's obvious.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guns aren't magic charms that automatically kill bad guys. But they certainly offer a distinct fighting chance vs. being completely unarmed. Only the most foolish person believes otherwise. Most Marines have minimal handgun training. I agree they should have rifles.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for that
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guns aren't magic charms that automatically kill bad guys. But they certainly offer a distinct fighting chance vs. being completely unarmed. Only the most foolish person believes otherwise. Most Marines have minimal (in service) handgun training. I agree they should have rifles.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Died a warrior, weapon in hand.

There is a place at the table in Valhalla for this Marine.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Obama will want to Court Martial the dead Marine.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#47]
The FBI will put more effort into investigating the possibility that one the Marines had an unauthorized firearm in their possession than they will into investigating the Muslim shooter.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Wouldn't surprise me. At least half my unit had guns in their cars
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The FBI will put more effort into investigating the most expected likely possibility that one of the racist white cismale hetero fascist warmonger gun nut psychopath Marines had an unauthorized illegal assault murder firearm in their possession than they will into investigating the alleged peaceful not-representative-of-all allegedly Muslim alleged shooter.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#50]
If he was armed...good.

However...how long until the administration tries to fuck his family out of his benefits for violating regulations?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top