Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/6/2015 9:03:14 PM EDT
We hear it all the time from lefties..."If the Second Amendment give you the right to keep and bear arms, then does that include nukes?"

So, for the purposes of discussion among ourselves, where, if anywhere, is the line for the Second Amendment to protect your right to bear arms?

I would obviously say that there shouldn't be any restriction on rifles, pistols, shotguns or machine guns. I would probably even go so far as to add mortars, cannons and even artillery to the list (if you've got the money, then have at it).

I am not so sure about explosives. I don't know if the average moron should have hand grenades, rocket propelled grenades, missiles, or anti-aircraft weapons. I would definitely leave WMDs, such as NBC weapons and ICBMs right off. Maybe I'm a bit of a closet anti after all, but I think that weapons of apocalyptic proportions have no place on our streets or in our schools!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I always tell the useful idiots if I could afford a tank I would have one. I also tell them that nukes are no fun because you can only use them once.

We the people should have access to all small arms used by the mil.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell them that the debate is about arms that are currently legal to own.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]
A middle eastern country with lots of underhanded money deals and support can't obtain a working nuke.  A private individual will never realistically be able to own one but it should be legal to do so.  Just because its legal, doesn't mean it can ever realistically happen.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
arms != ordnance
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We hear it all the time from lefties..."If the Second Amendment give you the right to keep and bear arms, then does that include nukes?"

So, for the purposes of discussion among ourselves, where, if anywhere, is the line for the Second Amendment to protect your right to bear arms?

I would obviously say that there shouldn't be any restriction on rifles, pistols, shotguns or machine guns. I would probably even go so far as to add mortars, cannons and even artillery to the list (if you've got the money, then have at it).

I am not so sure about explosives. I don't know if the average moron should have hand grenades, rocket propelled grenades, missiles, or anti-aircraft weapons. I would definitely leave WMDs, such as NBC weapons and ICBMs right off. Maybe I'm a bit of a closet anti after all, but I think that weapons of apocalyptic proportions have no place on our streets or in our schools!
View Quote

You're okay with individuals owning mortars and artillery, but not hand grenades?  That's kind of weird.

Anyways, the "average moron" already has access to a ton of materials / weapons that will never be practically banned.  People that are dedicated to committing violence and terror will find a way.  The most violent countries on this planet do not have a second amendment or even a legitimate constitution in a lot of cases, yet there are RPGs flying about.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discriminate vs indiscriminate weapons
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So what exactly is a "small arm"?

Rifles, pistols, shotguns, machine guns I get. RPGs? MANPADS? Anti-tank missiles? Hand grenades? Land mines?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mortars, Cannons, and Artillery all contain high explosive rounds for ammunition.... amongst others.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Mason and Madison were pretty clear on what the 2A pertained to and it's intent.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Why do you hate freedom, OP?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#11]
You used to be able to buy explosives from the hardware store, and they aren't that hard to make or at least it didn't appear that way a few days ago. I see no reason why people can't buy the same toys, if it weren't forbthe price tags and maintenance on them. As far as nukes go very few could afford them or would want to devote themselves and their money to protect them from theft. When the BOR was written cannons and ships were privately owned so why not now? I would love to have a Coast Guard Cutter and all of it's armaments.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tell them that the debate is about arms that are currently legal to own.

View Quote

Exactly....
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the limit comes into one's ability to execute your second amendment rights without killing indiscriminately. Hand grenades and even cannons have an inherent level of precision that when used aren't going to kill innocent bystanders.

Well it seems I got beat with the whole discriminate vs indiscriminate argument.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Anything a .mil can carry, shoot, fly, drive, operate. I think I would draw the line at nukes. I barely trust you retards with guns. LOL.

From the future: I WANT A FUCKING LASER.

Lasers aren't far away. They should be covered by the 2ndA, but they are already balking at it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#15]

I'll take the "The Fat Man" for $2000 Alex

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Rifles, pistols, shotguns, machine guns I get. RPGs? MANPADS? Anti-tank missiles? Hand grenades? Land mines?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#17]
If possession and use of the weapon by one person would allow a person to hold hostage, the entire republican process of government, it should be

forbidden.  A nuke?  No go.  Chem or bio?  No go.

Sniper rifle?  Kill the president, another takes his place.  Good to go.

Anti tank rocket or missile?  Blow up his limo, another takes his place.  Good to go.

Surface to air missile?  Blow up air force one, another President takes his place.  Good to go.

None of those weapons alone could affect the entire process of government, and so would require numbers of people to be dissatisfied enough to take

action and risk the consequences.  Revolution should be credible and possible, but not easy.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That works for me. We should be able to defend ourselves against tanks if needed. Most of us could not afford MANPADS or anti tank shit anyways, but it should be available if wanted.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything that an individual can carry into battle. Everything you pretty much listed if you think about it is small arms.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You used to be able to buy explosives from the hardware store, and they aren't that hard to make or at least it didn't appear that way a few days ago. I see no reason why people can't buy the same toys, if it weren't forbthe price tags and maintenance on them. As far as nukes go very few could afford them or would want to devote themselves and their money to protect them from theft. When the BOR was written cannons and ships were privately owned so why not now? I would love to have a Coast Guard Cutter and all of it's armaments.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Well, here's the thing. Take a group like ISIS. OK, a nuke is $200,000,000 let's say. They've got more than that, and it would be a good investment from their point of view. I'm sure they'd be able to find someone willing to go in to The Nuke Shop, plunk down the $200,000,000 and have his nuke loaded into the back of a truck and then hauled out to New York.

So what, do you have NICS checks and 4473s for nukes and VX gas only? Or do we make nukes and chemical weapons NFA items, with sheriff's sign off and a $200 tax stamp? Isn't that infringing on the right of someone to keep and bear arms?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Anything that an individual can carry into battle. Everything you pretty much listed if you think about it is small arms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything issued to the individual, regular soldier and expected to be carried and operated by that individual soldier.   That's how it was when the amendment was written.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
That works for me. We should be able to defend ourselves against tanks if needed. Most of us could not afford MANPADS or anti tank shit anyways, but it should be available if wanted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, but let's go back to ISIS. Say a MANPAD is $1,000,000. "WE'LL TAKE 20!" Next day, 20 Boeing 777s get shot down.

Maybe we should have thought this through.

Yes, I know, the lefties make the same argument about .50 BMGs. But MANPADs really CAN shoot down an airplane. That's kinda their job.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Davy Crocketts for everybody!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[
Mortars, Cannons, and Artillery all contain high explosive rounds for ammunition.... amongst others.
View Quote

Not all of them.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I think a person should be able to own whatever he can buy.

I am okay with mandated training for use of explosives and projectile explosives.

As in, you may own grenades, grenade launchers, manpads, bulk high explosives, anti tank missiles and rockets, artillery, mortars etc. after training.

Just like with a car, you have to demostrate you know how to use one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll take 2 MRV, with ICBM launchers.

Oh, wait... They aren't for sale.

BTW, Americans sit at the controls of them now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#27]
In the future when they have portable nuke launchers like in Starship Troopers, can we have them? How tyrannical do you think the .gov would be if a lot of us had portable nukes? Especially those sans any kind of registry where they couldn't track them or know who owned them...
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

OK, but let's go back to ISIS. Say a MANPAD is $1,000,000. "WE'LL TAKE 20!" Next day, 20 Boeing 777s get shot down.

Yes, I know, the lefties make the same argument about .50 BMGs. But MANPADs really CAN shoot down an airplane. That's kinda their job.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They already have MANPADs. How many 777s went down today?

but that is beside the point.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I am okay with mandated training for use of explosives and projectile explosives.

As in, you may own grenades, grenade launchers, manpads, bulk high explosives, anti tank missiles and rockets, artillery, mortars etc. after training.

View Quote

OK. so Hassan The Terrorist takes the class, plunks down the cash and get's an anti-aircraft missile?

"Here is my certificate, give me my missile you American pig-dog!"

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

OK, but let's go back to ISIS the hood rats. Say a MANPAD is $1,000,000 1911 45acp cost $500. "WE'LL TAKE 20!" Next day, 20 Boeing 777s  20 people get shot down. Maybe we should keep those from the public also.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, but let's go back to ISIS the hood rats. Say a MANPAD is $1,000,000 1911 45acp cost $500. "WE'LL TAKE 20!" Next day, 20 Boeing 777s  20 people get shot down. Maybe we should keep those from the public also.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I always tell the useful idiots if I could afford a tank I would have one. I also tell them that nukes are no fun because you can only use them once.
View Quote
Along with crew served weapons and other fancy shit. If Bill Gates wants to buy an F35 or Arbrams tank and all of it's armaments, then Bill Gates should be able to do so, along with anyone else who has the means to do so.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not here they don't. I don't think they do over there either. That's why they haven't shot down any of our guys yet. They've got heavy machine guns, and tanks, but they don't have any anti-aircraft weapons.

The Ukranian rebels got them some anti-aircraft missiles. Next day, shot down a 777. I'm just saying.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#33]
If it exists, I should be able to own it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because that's exactly the same thing.

Jesus Christ Buckeye!

There's really no talking to some of you.

Oh, and BTW...according to the UN and apparently ITAR, rocket launchers, grenade launchers and portable missiles are "light weapons". Small arms are pretty much just rifles, pistols, shotguns and machine guns.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So...is this a 'small arm'? It's a B-54 Special Atomic Demolition Munition.  Looks like an individual could carry it into battle by it's handle.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

OK. so Hassan The Terrorist takes the class, plunks down the cash and get's an anti-aircraft missile?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many Hassan the Terrorists are buying AKs and killing houndreds of people in malls in America?

Or gasoline and fill in the blanks.

If you want to kill houndreds or maybe even thousands of people, you could do it with what you can find in a Lowes with a few grand.

The reason it isnt a daily problem, is that Hassan the terrorist is an inbred fuck up first or second generation Mooslum.

Then you got the crazy fucks whom momma thinks is a super special little snow flake that doesnt belong in an institution.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

FIFY.

In the Revolutionary War, the private citizens used their own ships and cannons to liberate us from the British.

If you can afford it, you should be able to buy it.

Fuck NFA!
Fuck antis!
FBHO!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Mason and Madison were pretty clear on what the 2A pertained to and it's intent.
View Quote

What was their take on the subject?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#39]
I would say anything in COMMON USAGE by the military....

Nukes are not in common usage.

Tanks, jets, etc...are in common usage...however, they are cost prohibitive for the common man.

As far as us common everyday middle class folks....think on what an Infantry Battalion has access to.  From M9s, M16s, M4s, M203s, SMAWs, Mortars, M2 .50 cals....
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

How many Hassan the Terrorists are buying AKs and killing houndreds of people in malls in America?

If you want to kill houndred or even thousands of people, you could do it with what you can find in a Lowes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want to kill houndred or even thousands of people, you could do it with what you can find in a Lowes.

Well, at least one at Ft. Hood (who was actually Maj. Hassan The Terrorist).

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Strategic weapons is where national security collides with individual rights. Typically national security wins.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The FBI knew what he was. They just set on their hands.

That wasnt the guns fault. It was Hasans fault, along with some dipshits in the FBI.

I shouldn't have freedom because someone else was a big meany and did bad things?

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd like a mini nuke.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't care what the wording of the Second Amendment says because it's merely affirming the right of self defense. The correct answer is that there is NO line because any line can be changed over time. NO COMPROMISES.

When it comes to nukes specifically, it's a dumb argument because whole countries can't even acquire them. And do you really think anyone who has the money or desire to acquire a nuke for nefarious purposes is going to say, "Damn, words on a piece of paper say it's illegal for me to do that!"

The same applies with tanks and the like. Anyone who has the cash or know-how to acquire a tank and ordnance isn't going to stop because it's illegal to do so. If there's a will, there's a way.

As for grenades and mortars and whatnot, most people don't have a use for them, so you're not going to be seeing them sold many places anyway. And as we saw with the Boston bombings, the bad guys will make improvised devices just as they do overseas.

So NO line. Don't fall for their sneaky debate tactics.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#46]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

The Puckle gun (also known as the Defence gun) was a primitive revolver invented in 1718 by James Puckle (1667–1724) a British inventor, lawyer and writer.
It is a tripod-mounted, single-barreled flintlock weapon fitted with a multishot revolving cylinder. It was intended for shipboard use to prevent boarding.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#47]
"Yeah, because that's exactly the same thing.

Jesus Christ Buckeye!

There's really no talking to some of you".

What did I say that some useful idiot would not say? You would say that about MANPADS and they would say it about 45s.

You keep pulling the useful idiot card. "what if, what if, what if", it is all you ever hear from the useful idiots. "We the People" should be able to defend our selves with the same gear that may some day be used against us. What do you not understand about that?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Most of the cannons Washington had were "borrowed" from private individuals.  Historically, it is easy to make a case that all military grade arms are protected.

That said, the current generation of weapon technology, the firearm, is likley to become obsolete as a weapon of war in the next few decades as lasers that can intercept projectiles, nano-tech armor, and advanced guided/energy/robotic weapons become feasible.   Gaining access to those new technologies are already highly restricted.  

Our ARs will just not be effective against armored personnel of the future, and our ability to fight robots, drones, and ray guns will make a civvie highly ineffective.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#49]
If you want to confuse the anti's more tell them the 1903 Dick act says that all unregulated militia has the right to purchase any active military gear that they can afford so if they become regulated militia they will transfer in with less problems.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Tank. Want.

But its like 40 quarts for an oil change, maybe half that for a transmission flush, you gotta pull the power pack to do all that. Then register it with DMV. And insurance. Plus CT so property tax on it. Batteries every couple years. You see the price of a 24v battery for an M60A3?

So cost of operation is a factor and ownership is therefore restricted. But that's capitalism.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top