Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/5/2015 7:42:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Gasoline, match, profit
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I am experiencing the same thing here. Bastards tiger mosquitoes!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
hate`um especially when they try to suck on my eyeball...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
black market DDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Bleach?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Napalm
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Remove all sources of standing water.

Make friends with a local bat.

That's all I got
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe some flyers to ask the neighbors to check for standing water in toys, yard ornaments, garbage cans, etc. ?

No standing water = no mosquitoes

Get a bug zapper for the yard, it'll get some of them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Dropping a little vegetable or olive oil in her the water will prevent the larve from getting out as adults.

You can use light motor oil (new) as oil will float above the water.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Propane skeeter lure and traps will help clear a local zone.  Buy as many as you can afford, they're making enough mosquitoes to fill whatever you have.

View Quote

I've heard that these thing work very well.  They attract the pregnant female mosquito; which is the ones that bite you, and kill them. Exponential mosquito extermination.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Cutter yard spray. It's the kind you put on the hose,one bottle will do a basic sized yard. You might have to apply more often as rainy as it's been though. Hit all the shrubbery good and cover the whole lawn evenly and you'll be skeeter free.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quick google search.

dead skeeters
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Here's one answer. May have to do a good radius around your home, like maybe an entire block

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Cutter yard spray. It's the kind you put on the hose,one bottle will do a basic sized yard. You might have to apply more often as rainy as it's been though. Hit all the shrubbery good and cover the whole lawn evenly and you'll be skeeter free.

View Quote
I have been using this in my yard and it does seem to reduce the number of mosquitos.

I wish my surrounding neighbors would use it, because I think their mosquitos eventually make it over to my yard.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Bird and bat houses.

Bug shirts-http://www.bugshirt.com/

A zapper helps a bit.

Bug Spray

Douse yourself in dsl.

Villages had to do this multiple times to dogs as they would die if they didn't.

Not much else you can do.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'll start googling that method.

Google says bug-zappers don't work for Mosquitos also. That was my first thought.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Propane skeeter lure and traps will help clear a local zone.  Buy as many as you can afford, they're making enough mosquitoes to fill whatever you have.

Google says bug-zappers don't work for Mosquitos also. That was my first thought.

The propane devices  lures the mosquitoes with heat and gasses that a bug zapper does not emit
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You combine the zapper with similar type of lure.  Works very well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Why isn't your city or county spraying for them?  That's what we do around here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Fire
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Set up bat boxes and if I'm not mistaken, barn swallows take care of them too.

ETA: Last night at fireworks the mosquitoes were thick, and the bats were VERY busy overhead. It was cool to watch them at work, and I didn't get one bug bite all night. Usually I am like a magnet for them..
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#29]
get one of the propane units or get one of the electric bug units, both should do the same thing and the sound of them dying off by the hundreds every night should be nice
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We live in the city.
It's coming from my yard. EVERYONES yard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why isn't your city or county spraying for them?  That's what we do around here.

We live in the city.
It's coming from my yard. EVERYONES yard.

Those little one man foggers some have posted here.  The local municipalities drive around with trucks spraying a huge plume.  It covers your entire neighborhood and kills the larvae or adults depending on the spray used.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dropping a little vegetable or olive oil in her the water will prevent the larve from getting out as adults.

You can use light motor oil (new) as oil will float above the water.

View Quote

Or WD-40. That's what my grandfather did in rain barrels.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing works, the fogger will work for a few days, I've had two mosquito magnets and managed to waste a few hundred more on propane for shitty results
I have two bug zappers, citronella torches and I buy off by the 6 pack...good luck in your futile efforts
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The propane devices  lures the mosquitoes with heat and gasses that a bug zapper does not emit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CO2 generator, you are also a CO2 generator which is what attracts them to you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#35]
bats or a fuckton of orb weaver spiders. spiders are cleaner.

you know what would be legit? a mosquito goalkeeper ciws, but instead of a Vulcan cannon it uses a burning laser. zap those little hellspawn in flight. maybe get four of them to traverse 90 degrees, set up a kill square. that would be epic.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#36]

This works if you do it dusk and dawn for a few consecutive days but the will be back

I've had better results with cyzmic sprayed on lawn, shrubs, walls and fences but unless the neighbers are doing the same, they will be back

Looking into putting in a sprinkler based Skeeter R Gone  or a Sprinkler Magician system as oppesed to killing them with fire
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Fuck Rachel Carson
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#39]
nothing for lasting results

if you use enough

Mustang Max will kill almost anything

but ...

its some nasty shit to be messing with

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
bats or a fuckton of orb weaver spiders. spiders are cleaner.

you know what would be legit? a mosquito goalkeeper ciws, but instead of a Vulcan cannon it uses a burning laser. zap those little hellspawn in flight. maybe get four of them to traverse 90 degrees, set up a kill square. that would be epic.
View Quote

Somebody made one a while back.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/aerospace/military/laser-bug-zapper-inches-to-market-
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't want to spray myself with DEET or even any organic natural shit. I want to dust off and nuke from orbit.
View Quote

Too bad. Avon makes an excellent non-DEET repellant that is very pleasant to use. It's based on their Skin-So-Soft line of products. Mosquitos see me like a salad bar and lunch on me as soon as I become available.

A DIY Mosquito trap that really works!

Simple and cheap.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Mosquito's generally aren't the strongest flyers, they have to rest under leaves or in the grass, so go after where they rest.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bifen-it-p-226.html

Spray your trees, house, and lawn, lasts for about 1-2 maybe 3 months if you're lucky. Generally kills just about everything, so be careful as it'll kill bee's as well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#43]
OP gots da West Nile Virus....dibs on optics
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the only thing that worked for us with our house in Key Largo. For real. They use to come by and spray with a truck mounted fogger every evening in the summer and never put a dent in the mosquitos. Hell, they would even use an airplane mister at times that never worked either. The propane trap worked.

Every morning we'd dump out dozens of dead mosquitoes and do it again the next day. 2 took care of our patio. More is better. One on each corner of your yard and 2 on the patio should at least make the back yard livable.

Eta: This is the one we used. It's spendy, but they have a cheaper model too.

http://m.frontgate.com/products/bundle/438132?path=~mosquito-magnet26reg-executive-insect-trap~&SourceCode=ZZ553471&cm_mmc=Comparison%2520Shopping-_-Google%2520Product%2520Listings-_-NA-_-NA&intlShippingCtx=US%257cUSD&mr%3AtrackingCode=942D6105-0C67-E211-96D6-BC305BEDEAD8&mr%3AreferralID=NA&mr%3Adevice=m&mr%3AadType=plaonline&mr%3Aad=72116721809&mr%3Akeyword=&mr%3Amatch=&mr%3Afilter=92173038929&gclid=COi0wYasxcYCFUkWHwodsMoIkg
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Malathion. Spray the yard with a hose end sprayer
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Malathion. Spray the yard with a hose end sprayer
View Quote

Too expensive.

I pay $10 for this stuff, works great.... hose down the grass and spray it up into the tress.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#47]
My Mosquito Magnet didn't do anything, so I got one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Burgess-1443-40-Ounce-Outdoor-Propane/dp/B000HMA7OK

Used every dawn and dusk for a week it seemed to collapse the local skeeter population.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Fuel/Air bomb!

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Mosquito dunks for standing water

Dunks

Does not harm pets, horses, fish but kills mosquito larvae.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#50]
We use the gas backpack mister machines. Stihl makes one less than $300 (if you can catch it on sale) and you can use a good general pesticide like tempo or masterline in them.

Spray all your foliage up to 6' high and a full perimeter of your yard.

Or just call an exterminator. We charge about $75-125 a month to treat for Mosquitos for an average residential yard.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top