Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/4/2015 8:20:31 AM EDT
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/03/hate-wins-oregon-state-issues-gag-order-against-opposing-gay-marriage/

In a sign of the overt fascism and religious persecution to come in the wake of a Left emboldened by the Supreme Court’s recent gay marriage ruling, a judge in Oregon has issued a gag order denying two Christian bakery owners from speaking out against same sex marriage.

“The Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries hereby orders [Aaron and Melissa Klein] to cease and desist from publishing, circulating, issuing or displaying, or causing to be published … any communication to the effect that any of the accommodations … will be refused, withheld from or denied to, or that any discrimination be made against, any person on account of their sexual orientation,” [Administrative Law Judge Alan] Avakian wrote.

The gag order is meant to stop Aaron and Melissa Klein from publicly speaking out about their desire to not bake cakes for same sex weddings. The State’s order came after the Kleins were interviewed by the Family Research Council’s Tony Perkins, and after the State fined the Kleins $135,000 for “emotional damages” incurred by a lesbian couple after the Kleins refused to bake their wedding cake.

That this kind of fascist oppression was always the endgame in the Left’s push for same sex marriage, was apparent to anyone familiar with the Left’s tactics.

The push for same sex marriage was always nothing more the Left’s sheep’s clothing in a crusade to destroy Christians and the Christian Church.

By adhering to the word of God, the Left will label Christians bigots and haters, and use the power of boycotts and the State to punish and silence us.

Now that gay marriage is the law of the land, the gay-pride flag will become the fascist banner under which any Church that doesn’t perform same sex marriages will be dismantled piece-by-piece. The tools used by the Gaystapo will include coordinated hate campaigns in the media, as well as political campaigns aimed at removing the Church’s tax exempt status.

Christians and conservatives who never believed this could happen are part of the problem.

1995: We don’t want marriage, just civil unions.

2005: Our marriage won’t affect your rights.

2014: Bake me a cake, or else.

2015: Your opinion against same sex marriage is illegal.

Moreover, it is not discrimination to not want to be forced by the State to participate in and profit from what Christians correctly see as the sacramentalization of sin, which is what a same sex marriage ceremony is. Christians believe our very soul is at stake.

Besides the State, the true bigoted oppressor here is the fascist lesbian couple demanding Christians be silenced by the State, but only after demanding the State force a small business owner into celebrating their marriage.

Oh, and happy Independence Day.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, first amendment from top to bottom.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Liberal concept of free speech.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like time for them to get out of the wedding cake business all together.  

Just need to post a sign in their foyer "we do not make wedding cakes for anyone."

Now they don't have to bake any wedding cakes for people they don't want to bake them for, and they can't be sued for discrimination.  They don't make wedding cakes at all, for anyone.

That's probably what I'd do.  Because if I held those convictions and got slapped by the court......I'd make damn sure I found a way to not make those cakes and not get into further legal trouble.

Don't need to say why, but if you equally serve (or not serve) everyone, the special interests can't say shit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Some of these fucking people are the LGBT equivalent of OCTC.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just need to post a sign in their foyer "we do not make wedding cakes for anyone."

Now they don't have to bake any wedding cakes for people they don't want to bake them for, and they can't be sued for discrimination.  They don't make wedding cakes at all, for anyone.

That's probably what I'd do.  Because if I held those convictions and got slapped by the court......I'd make damn sure I found a way to not make those cakes and not get into further legal trouble.

Don't need to say why, but if you equally serve (or not serve) everyone, the special interests can't say shit.
View Quote
its time for the judge to be COC.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#6]
see, I told you freedom is scary.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The push for same sex marriage was always nothing more the Left’s sheep’s clothing in a crusade to destroy Christians and the Christian Church. ay.

View Quote

Democrat push for power stops at really nothing. The Constitution? Ain't got time for that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I got nothing COC compliant to say
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#11]
So it begins.

have fun at SCOTUS
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
View Quote

In EVERY instance that I have heard of, the First Amendment (and for that matter, the entire Constitution) has been interpreted to be binding on every man and woman in the United States.

Looks like "religion" no longer has anything to do with "conscience." You must believe what the State tells you to believe, thereby setting the stage for a State Religion.

Those bakers are not preventing that gay couple from getting a cake for themselves, they are simply refusing -- ON MORAL GROUNDS -- to provide a service which they find reprehensible. The State no longer allows freedom of conscience.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not aware of OCTC suing companies for "emotional damages".
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Step 1. Defy order

Step 2. Get thrown in jail for contempt

Step 3. ????? (lawsuit)

Step 4. Get large payout.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Telling the truth is now a revolutionary act.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Told ya so.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Owensboro Community and Technical College?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

"Yeah we'd like you to make 4 dozen rainbow cupcakes for our Big Gay event...or else."

I don't think this will stop at weddings.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Bake the cake, frost it, but refuse to decorate it.  The only part that is speech is the decoration....IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Solution: do a crappy job baking gay cakes.
Use lard for the icing and flavor it with a gallon of vanilla. Smear it on with a trowel.
Cut the layers unevenly and level with more lard icing.
But spell the name and sentiment correctly.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Solution: do a crappy job baking gay cakes.
Use lard for the icing and flavor it with a gallon of vanilla. Smear it on with a trowel.
Cut the layers unevenly and level with more lard icing.
But spell the name and sentiment correctly.
And have a blind, developmentally challenged lesbian employee take the order and do the baking.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#23]
To arms.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

The whole cake thing played out again recently and I learned Walmart can refuse to bake a Confederate cake, but will make you an ISIS one.  It's all absurd, but not something the government needs to be involved in......especially selectively as they are.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Step 1. Defy order
Step 2. Get thrown in jail for contempt
Step 3. ????? (lawsuit)
Step 4. Get large payout.
View Quote

EXACTLY!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Winter is coming. Somebody somewhere is going to have this happen to them, and they'll decide that this is their line in the sand and it's time for the ammo box approach, and then shit is really going to pop. The first time a judge or politician is killed for this sort of tyrannical behavior, full retard will shortly follow.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The whole cake thing played out again recently and I learned Walmart can refuse to bake a Confederate cake, but will make you an ISIS one.  It's all absurd, but not something the government needs to be involved in......especially selectively as they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

we need federal judges involved in EVERYTHING.  Its the only path to freedom, you see.  Only judges are qualified to bring freedom to the free.  how free are you, really, if you have to go and vote to determine your future?  much better someone frees you up from that responsibility in the name of freedom.

see, your neighbor, he is a bible thumping statist who wants to put you in the chains of moral hypocrisy.  but that federal judge who went to harvard and spent their entire life in expensive private schools, he is your friend. you trust your friends, right?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're both agenda driven assholes trying to make a point, but only fucking it up for others that are part of the very group they claim to represent.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

no.

we need federal judges involved in EVERYTHING.  Its the only path to freedom, you see.  Only judges are qualified to bring freedom to the free.  how free are you, really, if you have to go and vote to determine your future?  much better someone frees you up from that responsibility in the name of freedom.

see, your neighbor, he is a bible thumping statist who wants to put you in the chains of moral hypocrisy.  but that federal judge who went to harvard and spent their entire life in expensive private schools, he is your friend. you trust your friends, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

Liberal mentality to a T. Home fucking run, Sylvan.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Really?
I don't see this ruling standing for too long.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Neither do I........

Quoted:
Really?I don't see this ruling standing for too long.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Not suprised

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#34]
No way this stands
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Friend of mine posted something yesterday on Facebook that is quite relevant. I'm only posting some short excerpts from a very long post(I may post the whole thing if he gives permission), and names are redacted - but it really shows what a shitfest Oregon has become, and how hipster-infested Portland is. And Oregon is starting to lose ground on the gun control side with the recent passage of universal background checks.

Folks up here like to tout how intolerant and racist that people from Texas and the south are, but having experienced both regions first hand, as well as most of the continental US, I will say that I have never been around more intolerant people than here in Portland.

(edited out name of donut shop they went to) and while the donuts were good, EVERYONE (except one toy store and my favorite Indian restaurant) gave us either dirty looks & scowls or tried to get in our way and make us feel uncomfortable, presumably because we are a normal, white, hetero couple with a baby. Yeah, I said it, discrimination works both ways. And I know some of you think that we're only "perceiving" it that way, but you weren't there with us, so armchair quarterbacking will not be tolerated. For one example, EVERYWHERE we go with *****, people are always oogling, flirting, or remarking how cute his is, but not today. People were actively trying to avoid him, people that he was actively smiling at or trying to flirt with.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neither do I, unless the defendants agreed to some strange arbitration.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

A few KY county clerks stopped issuing marriage licenses to anyone. ACLU just filed suit against them for 2 hetro and 2 homosexual couples. The "nothing for anyone" approach will be tested shortly in the courts.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Unbelievable, they can all fuck off.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Judges know what the constitution means.  you don't.

the first amendment gives the LBGTQ community the right to be fabulous without the interference of the cis-gendered shit lords shoving bibles up their ass.

now.

bake that cake citizen.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

So they switch to wanting birthday cakes or some other gay cake.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#43]
How about Oregon gag on something.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#44]
"And now if ye have judges, and they do not judge you according to the law which has been given, ye can cause that they may be judged of a higher judge.

If your higher judges do not judge righteous judgments, ye shall cause that a small number of your lower judges should be gathered together, and they shall judge your higher judges, according to the voice of the people."
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

the first amendment gives the LBGTQ community the right to be fabulous without the interference of the cis-gendered shit lords shoving bibles up their ass.

now.

bake that cake citizen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

now.

bake that cake citizen.

So you'll be contacting a judge about the F-35 program?  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
now.
bake that cake citizen.

there is no god but lockheed martin, and ACC is his prophet.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Avakian is a gay rights activist. Appellate court will over turn the decision.
$135,000. for the pain of not getting a cake? Give me a fucking break.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Thank goodness we have the Fine Nine in Washington, D.C.  to preserve and protect our rights!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Neither do I........

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Neither do I........

Quoted:

Are

you

serious?

Did you miss the idiocy that SCOTUS just pulled?  Why do you think this will end any better?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
see, I told you freedom is scary.
View Quote

I lost.

Find a libertarian,  meet a statist.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top