[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IBTP
View Quote

Well done.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Family starts fighting over who gets what.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Our loved ones mourn, the deceased turns to dirt.

The world keeps turning.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
A question that mankind has pondered for millennia.   I'm sure it will get solved in GD.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
If you answered "Some other type of afterlife," please share your thoughts with us.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A question that mankind has pondered for millennia.   I'm sure it will get solved in GD.

View Quote

Yeah, that's why I made this thread.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Depends on who you were.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Fade to black
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you answered "Some other type of afterlife," please share your thoughts with us.
View Quote

Poll needs more options.

There is probably not an afterlife.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I bet if we all put our heads together into this thread we can find out the meaning of life
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Poll fail for lack of "I don't know and neither does anyone else." option.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not really sure,but I know I'm in no big hurry to find out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll tell you all the secrets about God ...... for a small fee.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#18]
IDK.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#19]
worm dirt

No more, no less.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#20]
The wheel turns.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#22]
you get what you think you are going to get.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Worm Food
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beneficiaries of the Covenant of YHWH exist with Him eternally. Most people don't fall into this category, and simply cease to be. Persons who actively separate others from YHWH, or mislead in association with His Name, will also exist eternally, separated from Him in the lightless pit Sheol.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#25]

You're dead . . ..   Jeeze  

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Reincarnation....
"Slim - You ain't changed all that much...."

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Beneficiaries of the Covenant of YHWH exist with Him eternally. Most people don't fall into this category, and simply cease to be. Persons who actively separate others from YHWH, or mislead in association with His Name, will also exist eternally, separated from Him in the lightless pit Sheol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious, is there a denomination of Christianity with this teaching? Do you believe Sheol to be a place of torment (as in you burn eternally)?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Poll fail for lack of "I don't know and neither does anyone else." option.

View Quote

Dead people know.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#30]
You go to the same place you were before you were born.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#31]
nothing
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#32]
If you're a southerner.... you go to NYC.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm curious, is there a denomination of Christianity with this teaching? Do you believe Sheol to be a place of torment (as in you burn eternally)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that such a viewpoint is compatible with Christianity. Sheol is lightless, so I guess there might not be any fire. My personal suspicion is that existence in Sheol is reduced to a single dimension, time.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The valkaries will take me and Freyja will decide if I stay with her in folkvangr, go with Odin in valhalla or to helheim or other such place.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#36]
It's over. Hope you made the most of it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#37]
dirt
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my mommas pussy?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#39]
It's probably no different then before you were born.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Eternal oblivion, most likely.

Permanent unconsciousness.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Heaven or hell.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
you get what you think you are going to get.
View Quote

Spooky because of the implications. No one knows is the truth. Sometimes, I imagine the afterlife is a reflection of my own eternal mind that I continue to exist in for all eternity. That thought makes me want to go mad, and I would prefer oblivion to that. I just want to live with my wife forever. For all our faults, she's my best friend. The thought of existing apart from her... I would rather spend eternity with her than with "God" in "heaven."

Oh, to not want to disappear. How horrible it is to be aware of our own mortality. Some days, I envy my dog.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

my mommas pussy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

my mommas pussy?

Lucky if you have a hot mom. My mom is gross.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#44]
At least you've managed to narrow the options.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#45]
But none of the options are correct. When you die, you go to either paradise (abraham's bosom), or hell (torture in the earth's center) to await final judgment. People in hell think it's bad, but it gets worse.

Afterwards, the resurrection, those in paradise go on to the Bema Seat Judgment of Christ, where Christ will reward them for their works on earth. Note that salvation itself is not based on works, these people are already saved. Some rewards mentioned are specific crowns, which they will in turn throw at Christ's feet.

Those in hell stand before the Great White Throne then get thrown into the lake of fire to begin an absolute eternity of never ending TORTURE, unimaginable. Atheists will wish they had oblivion, or any relief from the pain
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Eternal oblivion, most likely.

Permanent unconsciousness.
View Quote

Eternal rest. Beautiful and horrifying at the same time. I can only imagine my last thought in my last moments as my consciousness is fading away. Chaos and terror and confusion - I am not looking forward to it. I can understand why some people want to be so drugged up that they have no idea what is going on.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#47]
It's Heaven or Hell, and you don't get to vote on it.

Saint Peter
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#48]
We become part of a consciousness we can't possibly comprehend.  The totality of the universe absorbs us and we exist not as individuals but as parts of a vast ballet of beauty and irony and timeless elegance.  Ecstasy, in every blade of grass and every cup of tea.  The dance of the stars and time.  Incredible impossibilities arisen from the chaos, burning like a torch for a brief blink of the eye and then fading and taking their rightful place within the play.

I choose not to call it God.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
But none of the options are correct. When you die, you go to either paradise (abraham's bosom), or hell (torture in the earth's center) to await final judgment. People in hell think it's bad, but it gets worse.

Afterwards, the resurrection, those in paradise go on to the Bema Seat Judgment of Christ, where Christ will reward them for their works on earth. Note that salvation itself is not based on works, these people are already saved. Some rewards mentioned are specific crowns, which they will in turn throw at Christ's feet.

Those in hell stand before the Great White Throne then get thrown into the lake of fire to begin an absolute eternity of never ending TORTURE, unimaginable. Atheists will wish they had oblivion, or any relief from the pain
View Quote

Do you really believe that?

That belief system seems so silly and infantile to me. It stopped making sense to me when I became a young adult. As a young child, it was effective in eliciting compliance and correct behavior.

I can't imagine a God that requires earthly acts from his earthly creations to achieve divine providence. It just seems like the dull product of a human mind rather than the air of something supernatural and transient.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

And you guys called me crazy for starting a cannibalism thread  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top