killed their daughter. Colorado state law requires that plaintiffs who
sue the manufacturers of gun products pay the companies' legal fees if
they lose.

"The mother and father of the victim who died in the Aurora mass
shooting have just been ordered to pay a quarter-million dollars to the
gun makers who sold the bullets that were used in the Aurora mass
shooting -- the parents of the girl who was killed.”
View Quote

Big dupe potential on this, but I searched for "Aurora" and "lawsuit" and got nothing about it.

It's a Huffpo link about a Rachael Lesbo show, but I couldn't find anything else.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, we already know.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
haha.jpg
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
hopefully the Bradys pay it since it was their lawsuit all along, they just used the families as props
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel sorry for them for losing their daughter but I an against them using the situation to try and deny others the right to defend themselves and to let themselves be used by some shyster lawyer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry a nut case took your kid. Now get fucked.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/22/maddow-aurora-shooting_n_7421414.html

The parents unsuccessfully sued the retailers who made the firearm that killed their daughter. Colorado state law requires that plaintiffs who sue the manufacturers of gun products pay the companies' legal fees if they lose.

"The mother and father of the victim who died in the Aurora mass shooting have just been ordered to pay a quarter-million dollars to the gun makers who sold the bullets that were used in the Aurora mass shooting -- the parents of the girl who was killed.”
View Quote

Big dupe potential on this, but I searched for "Aurora" and "lawsuit" and got nothing about it.

It's a Huffpo link about a Rachael Lesbo show, but I couldn't find anything else.  
View Quote

lol

I do feel bad for them.  But that is exactly how lawsuits should work.  Frivolous lawsuits would cease to exist.

As long as the gun manufacturer or ammo retailer was acting in accordance with the law, they should be untouchable in court.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Im gunna sue the silverware factory for makin me fat
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#10]
"...made the firearm that killed their daughter."

Something is wrong here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully this will be a lesson to those who consider doing this in the future.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Meh. Misguided by the left, stricken with unimaginable grief. I ain't hatin'.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
haha.jpg
View Quote

this...all day long
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Im gunna sue the silverware factory for makin me fat
View Quote

and the mexican restaurant, those evil bastards
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Good

Tards should pay for tarded actions.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder how much money their lawyer promised them after he told them he had this one "in the bag".  

I do feel really bad for those parents.  The gun company (if they can swing it financially) might consider waving the payment.  It would be good publicity on their part.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:48:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure Bloomberg will step up.   Bloomberg?   Bloomberg?

ANYONE?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wonder how much money their lawyer promised them after he told them he had this one "in the bag".  

I do feel really bad for those parents.  The gun company (if they can swing it financially) might consider waving the payment.  It would be good publicity on their part.
View Quote

Would the parents have waived the judgment if it had been millions in their favor?  There was ONE person responsible.   He is in a trial now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm sorry as hell about them losing their child but this culture of "sue the shoe company because my kid can't tie laces!" Has got to stop somewhere.  This happens to be an especially good place for it.

I wonder when they sue their attorney for saying "oh yeah we totally got this!"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Say someone killed your kid......would you sue the gun manufacturer?  Or try to pass anti gun legislation(Sandy Hook parents)?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm sorry as hell about them losing their child but this culture of "sue the shoe company because my kid can't tie laces!" Has got to stop somewhere.  This happens to be an especially good place for it.

I wonder when they sue their attorney for saying "oh yeah we totally got this!"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

If the Attorney took this case on Contingency (either hoping to win or hoping for a 'go away' settlement)...or an outside organization (Brady) funded the attorney, then the Court should treat that Attorney like a 'Co-Plaintiff' and make them responsible for a portion of the reimbursement.

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Two wrongs don't make a right.  I hate they lost their daughter but am thankful that they were stopped.  I am hoping that Brady will have to foot the bill.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Say someone killed your kid......would you sue the gun manufacturer?  Or try to pass anti gun legislation(Sandy Hook parents)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. But thin again I'm not a grief stricken liberal parent of a gunned down child.

No man would laugh at that. They did what they thought was the right thing and it failed. Let it be.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

That poor family lost their child, gets used by the left as a pawn, and then gets stuck with the bill.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can honestly say the way my mind works, the LAST thing i would do is blame a tool, implement or inanimate object used. Sole responsibility lays with the individual that did the deed. If he is a repeat offender, then the people responsible for him getting out as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
hopefully the Bradys pay it since it was their lawsuit all along, they just used the families as props
View Quote

I'm hoping that the Brady bunch *don't* pay it and leave the family hanging.

I'm very sympathetic to the family for their loss.  That is horrible way to lose a child.

But competent legal counsel would have (and probably did) tell them that their case had no merit.

If they went with it on the advice of Brady lawyers (who were definitely involved) and then are left out to dry, it'll discredit the Brady organization.

TL;DR, Brady used these parents as pawns and if it backfires, maybe people won't be so inclined to be used as pawns.   And I'm very sorry that their kid was murdered.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Two wrongs don't make a right.  I hate they lost their daughter but am thankful that they were stopped. I am hoping that Brady will have to foot the bill.
View Quote

Nice dream but...

As  I read when this came down, as soon as the suit was settled in favor of the firearms/ammo retailers the Brady bunch beat a hasty retreat and left the parents high and dry.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That poor family lost their child, gets used by the left as a pawn, and then gets stuck with the bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly how I'm seeing this.  I really hope they don't get stuck with this bill.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry his kid got killed, but play stupid games and all that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:39:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Very good.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's exactly how I'm seeing this.  I really hope they don't get stuck with this bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Felt bad for the parents then. Now not as much. Greed and misplaced anger.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Grumpycatgood.jpg
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Good
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#39]
To borrow a quote from another thread:

"Shit like this will stop when it becomes to painful to make a mistake.  Bring on the pain".

If I was them I would go after whoever told them they had a chance...
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Aurora Shooting Victim's Parents To Pay Gun Manufacturers $220,000 Legal Costs
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#41]

And still reigning king of gifs.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:46:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Now that is tort reform.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Good.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Two evils:

1.  the shooter

2.  The Leftist schemers who tried to take advantage of the parents' grief for political purposes.

Not saying they're equivalent.  Just saying they are both evil.

Sadness for the parents; not exactly sympathy, but sadness.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that. They signed up for what they thought was going to be a slam-dunk payday on the backs of hardworking Americans in the gun industry, by using their dead kids to invoke 'da feels' of the populace.

Everyone saw right through it. Why the fuck should the manufacturers have to foot the bill?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:54:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fuck that. They signed up for what they thought was going to be a slam-dunk payday on the backs of hardworking Americans in the gun industry, by using their dead kids to invoke 'da feels' of the populace.

Everyone saw right through it. Why the fuck should the manufacturers have to foot the bill?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one here wants the gun manufacturer to get stuck with the bill. They want the brady bunch to pay.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:55:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um. . . . . . did someone say the mfg should have to pay?  I didn't see that.  Maybe your reading comprehension is somehow superior.

Seems clear to me that the LEFTISTS who persuaded them to sue are the ones who should pay.  Unless, of course, they came up with this on their own.  Possible, but it seems unlikely.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:56:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good

Tards should pay for tarded actions.

Txl
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Fingers crossed

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/22/maddow-aurora-shooting_n_7421414.html

The parents unsuccessfully sued the retailers who made the firearm that killed their daughter. Colorado state law requires that plaintiffs who sue the manufacturers of gun products pay the companies' legal fees if they lose.

"The mother and father of the victim who died in the Aurora mass shooting have just been ordered to pay a quarter-million dollars to the gun makers who sold the bullets that were used in the Aurora mass shooting -- the parents of the girl who was killed.”
View Quote

View Quote

haha. Good.

That's as stupid as trying to sue Herseys for making you fat.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top