consequences” of that attack.
In any case, Bou-Bou, along with his parents and his siblings, are
fully and exclusively to blame for the injuries that nearly killed the
child and left the family with more than one million dollars in medical
bills. The SWAT team that invaded the home in Cornelia, Georgia on the
basis of a bogus anonymous tip that a $50 drug transaction had occurred
there is legally blameless.

View Quote

ETA - Title edited to reflect the status of the non-credible blog site.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think this will end well for the sheriffs office.  

This is a real tear jerker and the jury will side with the plaintiffs in the case.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
N/M
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is a real tear jerker and the jury will side with the plaintiffs in the case.
View Quote

It'll work out fine for the sheriff's office.  The taxpayers not so much.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to add they later arrested the guy they were looking for at another address....by knocking on the door.

I hope the lawsuit bankrupts the office and puts all of those fine, upstanding leos out of work.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#7]
The real question is... Does the neighborhood feel safer now?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I blame the parents.

Good parents train their children for this type of thing.

Not enough drilling.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would like to add they later arrested the guy they were looking for at another address....by knocking on the door.

I hope the lawsuit bankrupts the office and puts all of those fine, upstanding leos out of work.
View Quote

That would be best possible outcome..buuuuut...What will really happen is they will hide behind qualified immunity while passing the bill for their action on to the taxpayer. Wash, rinse, repeat ad nauseum.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It appears you are sadly unaware of how qualified immunity works.   That said, the judge who issued the warrant should be sued too, while he's just as immune his opponent in the next election can use it against him.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#12]
That website....
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It appears you are sadly unaware of how qualified immunity works.   That said, the judge who issued the warrant should be sued too, while he's just as immune his opponent in the next election can use it against him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they elect judges.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#14]
If any if them had a single bit of honor they would take resposibility for their actions.  Qualified immunity needs to be greatly modified from it's current blanket form.

Edited to add: I am well aware of how QI works and what a tragedy it is for the citizens of this country.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#15]
WTF?!?!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/infant-responsible-grenade-thrown-face/

The act of sleeping in a room about to be breached by a SWAT team constituted "criminal” conduct on the part of the infant. At the very least, the infant was fully liable for the nearly fatal injuries inflicted on him when Habersham County Sheriff’s Deputy Charles Long blindly heaved a flash-bang grenade – a "destructive device,” as described by the ATF, that when detonated burns at 2,000-3,500 degrees Fahrenheit – into the crib.

Merely by being in that room, Bou-Bou had assumed the risk of coming under attack by a SWAT team. By impeding the trajectory of that grenade, rather than fleeing from his crib, Bou-Bou failed to "avoid the consequences” of that attack.

In any case, Bou-Bou, along with his parents and his siblings, are fully and exclusively to blame for the injuries that nearly killed the child and left the family with more than one million dollars in medical bills. The SWAT team that invaded the home in Cornelia, Georgia on the basis of a bogus anonymous tip that a $50 drug transaction had occurred there is legally blameless.
View Quote

View Quote

That
Can't
Be
Real

Can it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

X2
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#20]
No way that's real.

There have been some stupid raids, sure.

But this can't be real.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The act of sleeping in a room about to be breached by a SWAT team constituted "criminal” conduct on the part of the infant. At the very least, the infant was fully liable for the nearly fatal injuries inflicted on him when Habersham County Sheriff’s Deputy Charles Long blindly heaved a flash-bang grenade – a "destructive device,” as described by the ATF, that when detonated burns at 2,000-3,500 degrees Fahrenheit – into the crib.

Merely by being in that room, Bou-Bou had assumed the risk of coming under attack by a SWAT team. By impeding the trajectory of that grenade, rather than fleeing from his crib, Bou-Bou failed to "avoid the consequences” of that attack.

In any case, Bou-Bou, along with his parents and his siblings, are fully and exclusively to blame for the injuries that nearly killed the child and left the family with more than one million dollars in medical bills. The SWAT team that invaded the home in Cornelia, Georgia on the basis of a bogus anonymous tip that a $50 drug transaction had occurred there is legally blameless.
View Quote

View Quote

LOL.. And ...well P.D.'s probably don't wonder why they have an image problem...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL.. And ...well P.D.'s probably don't wonder why they have an image problem...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#23]
war on drugs strikes again.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No way that's real.

There have been some stupid raids, sure.

But this can't be real.
View Quote

but it is
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#25]
An honest mistake made in the moral war against things we dont like. Dopers shouldnt keep babies in their drug lairs. The important thing is that the suspect they were looking for was eventually captured even if it was at another location, and that all the officers returned to their families safely.

A few bunt up kids wont stop the drug crusades.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Well they probably did something wrong at some time that justifies this.  Besides, it's not like the government would ever do this to gun owners.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#28]
We keep asking ourselves, 'how did this happen?'," Terrell said. "No one can answer that - you can't answer that. You try and do everything right. Bad things can happen. That's just the world we live in. Bad things happen to good people.
View Quote

I can answer how.  They blindly threw a dangerous explosive device into a room and didn't care where it landed.

That's good enough for negligence in my book.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Actual reply - before everyone gets all distracted by a blogger link, etc....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/265760507/Flash-Bang-Reply

Not quite sure where exactly the headline is coming from, other than perhaps the ordered defenses on pages 33-35.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe the "parent's" shouldn't have been living in a drug house?

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the kid but damn...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#31]
The subject of the warrant, Wanis Thonetheva, was not at the residence when the stormtroopers arrived. He was arrested on narcotics charges several hours later, in broad daylight and in unremarkable fashion, “at his actual place of residence, without any resistance and without the use of a flashbang stun grenade,” the lawsuit recalls.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I've seen this baby before. He's quite an actor and he's fast!

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So one bloggers opinion of another boggers opinion with no direct quotes is taken as factual.

View Quote

I'd welcome you to GD but I think I've seen you around here a time or two.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Also in Georgia (although not Habersham county)

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So one bloggers opinion of another boggers opinion with no direct quotes is taken as factual.

View Quote

Here are actual quotes from the SO.
"Based on the informant information, prior arrests, and weapons charge, they did everything given the information they had," Terrell said. "Nobody in their right mind would ever dream of anything like this."
"We would have picked a different door to go in the house, picked a different scenario on how we approach the residence,"
And this,
"The Phonesavanh family is without insurance and have set up a fund to pay for medical expenses. According to Terrell, the sheriff's department has already contacted the hospital social worker to request that all hospital bills be forwarded to the county."

It was a terrible accident and should have never went down the way it did and I can't imagine how the officers involved feel.
But the OPs article is BS.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Baby failed to flee the crib?
I swear some of these guys must have to fail an IQ yes before being hired.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#39]
The article is pretty much BS, and isn't supported by the defendants' statements.  Basically the article makes the leap from the cops saying "It isn't our fault" to "The dumbass kid should have ducked!".  

That being said, it certainly does look like the cops involved just fucked up on a couple of different levels.  I understand the need to back your officers, but sometimes you just have to face the facts, suck it up, and admit that your guys fucked up and a kid got hurt.

Can you imagine the chaos that would have resulted from this kid being from a... ahem... different ethnic background?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It seems that way with critical thinking skills as well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#41]
L
Quoted:

"Based on the informant information, prior arrests, and weapons charge, they did everything given the information they had," Terrell said. "Nobody in their right mind would ever dream of anything like this."
"We would have picked a different door to go in the house, picked a different scenario on how we approach the residence,"
And this,
"The Phonesavanh family is without insurance and have set up a fund to pay for medical expenses. According to Terrell, the sheriff's department has already contacted the hospital social worker to request that all hospital bills be forwarded to the county."

It was a terrible accident and should have never went down the way it did and I can't imagine how the officers involved feel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this,

I know you want him to be the fine upstanding law enforcement official but he soon renigged on his agreement to pay for medical treatment.  It just sounded good to tell the media that.  Accountability is for suckers.
link here
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
L

I know you want him to be the fine upstanding law enforcement official but he soon renigged on his agreement to pay for medical treatment.  It just sounded good to tell the media that.  Accountability is for suckers.
link here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
L
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this,

link here

Did you even read your article?

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#43]
So Bou-Bou didn't take evasive actions?  

Those fuckers are retarded.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Yes, the county is refusing to pay.  The county has determined it will be illegal for them to pay, really convienient.  I hope the lawsuit bankrupts the county.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#45]
The sheriff was happy as could be about it
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How's does this relate to the Baltimore cops?

OP Gotta be a parody ...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
...and I can't imagine how the officers involved feel...
View Quote

Ya, maybe get them grief councilors.

FFS.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Actual reply - before everyone gets all distracted by a blogger link, etc....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/265760507/Flash-Bang-Reply

Not quite sure where exactly the headline is coming from, other than perhaps the ordered defenses on pages 33-35.
View Quote

You also need the complaint since they respond on a paragraph-by-paragraph basis.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/265758801/Bou-Bou-Complaint

They deny almost everything including that a SWAT officer was killed in 2011 by his own flashbang.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course.  This is GD.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well its quite obvious there's no IQ Test for posting here.  Nobody from that LEA ever said that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top