Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/18/2015 7:11:36 PM EDT
Fuck them and their fucking decision to Rocksett their god-damned three-prong flash hider/suppressor mount on their mother fucking .300 BO uppers.  What stupid son-of-a-bitch decided that every cocksucking owner of one these abortions would have nothing but an over priced AAC muffler to mount on it.  Could they just include the fucking Rocksett in a package and let the cockgobbling end user apply if they decided to keep it?  No!  They had to slather that fucking shit on every square inch of the muzzle threads so that no matter what I've tried, be it levering it off (broke a tine), soaking it water for 24 hours (just rusted the fucking thing), or heated it up (because, you know, heat resistance), this mother fucker is not moving.  Oh wait, no it's moving all right, IT'S MOVING THE ENTIRE GOD-DAMNED FUCKING BARREL ASSEMBLY NOW!  What the titty-fucking Christ is this shit.  I suppose my only recourse now is to take it to a fucking gunsmith and have him cut the fucking barrel and pin/weld this sumbich in place to meet 16" with the fucking suppressor mount I ACTUALLY FUCKING INTEND TO USE ON THIS FUCKING THING.

FUCK AAC!

It is a nice upper though, everything considered.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
lol
I can understand your frustration though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Why did you not try partially splitting the flash hider with a dremel on opposite sides and breaking that bitch off....unless you like that flash hider, then I got nothing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why did you not try partially splitting the flash hider with a dremel on opposite sides and breaking that bitch off....unless you like that flash hider, then I got nothing.
View Quote

That's what I'm going to try and do when I get done with this Gentleman Jack that's currently in my hand.  I'm concerned I'll go to deep (that's what she said!) and get the muzzle threads fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fuck them and their fucking decision to Rocksett their god-damned three-prong flash hider/suppressor mount on their mother fucking .300 BO uppers.  What stupid son-of-a-bitch decided that every cocksucking owner of one these abortions would have nothing but an over priced AAC muffler to mount on it.  Could they just include the fucking Rocksett in a package and let the cockgobbling end user apply if they decided to keep it?  No!  They had to slather that fucking shit on every square inch of the muzzle threads so that no matter what I've tried, be it levering it off (broke a tine), soaking it water for 24 hours (just rusted the fucking thing), or heated it up (because, you know, heat resistance), this mother fucker is not moving.  Oh wait, no it's moving all right, IT'S MOVING THE ENTIRE GOD-DAMNED FUCKING BARREL ASSEMBLY NOW!  What the titty-fucking Christ is this shit.  I suppose my only recourse now is to take it to a fucking gunsmith and have him cut the fucking barrel and pin/weld this sumbich in place to meet 16" with the fucking suppressor mount I ACTUALLY FUCKING INTEND TO USE ON THIS FUCKING THING.

FUCK AAC!

View Quote

Still better than BCM.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's what I'm going to try and do when I get done with this Gentleman Jack that's currently in my hand.  I'm concerned I'll go to deep (that's what she said!) and get the muzzle threads fucked up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harbor Freight has nut splitters that are hand cranked if your are worried. There might be some at a local auto store...

Just do not do like the guy in the video and tighten it too hard. Considering he did it by hand he should not have screwed that up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Well bra, I like things done right,and that is done right.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Harbor Freight has nut splitters that are hand cranked if your are worried. There might be some at a local auto store...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ITs not hard, just hit the end of it with a metal hammer.  Rockset fractures very easily.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Bernzomatic on high for 30 seconds, screws off just like one with a crush washer.  Problem solved.  No ARFCOM rant required.

I took one off that I used the entire frigging little tube that they send with their mounts like this.  Not that hard, Brochacho.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ITs not hard, just hit the end of it with a metal hammer.  Rockset fractures very easily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried that.  Nothing.

Quoted:
Bernzomatic for 30 seconds, screws off just like one with a crush washer.  Problem solved.  No ARFCOM rant required.

Negative.  Tried that, too.  Didn't do shit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pro tip for later.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Might want to just take a break and go back at after a few hours, or even tomorrow. It helps keep me from beating on things with a hammer or getting overly aggressive on fine jobs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I was in the same boat as you.  I did everything to try and get the damn thing off I soaked it in water overnight, ground a wrench down to fit in between the rail and suppressor mount, and still couldn't get it I eventually went to a local shop and they did it for me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liquor and power tools.... What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Might want to just take a break and go back at after a few hours, or even tomorrow. It helps keep me from beating on things with a hammer or getting overly aggressive on fine jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  Things seem to work better early in the morning after a good nights sleep.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Most excellent rant. 10/10.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#18]
You need a barrel extension rod, dumbass.
Sincerely, AAC

JK OP But seriously Geiselle makes one
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Direct from multiple sources at AAC....paraphrased:
Use a Geissele Reaction Rod and the AAC Blackout removal tool.

You could also clamp the barrel if you have a 16" upper.  You did secure the barrel in some fashion right?!?!

I haven't removed the one from my 12.5" upper as I found out my 18T suppressor will work on the 51T mount.

Also, they use Rocksett because that is what they should do.  If they didn't peop!e wouldn't putbitbon and would launch their cans downrange.  I think they go overboard sometimes but they should do it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Had one the other day that would not come off.

Had it on the vise with a reaction rod and the adapter for the 3-prong flash hider.

First up, 3/8" ratchet... Ratchet shattered into pieces (the 3/8" drive stud broke like glass).

Next up, Impact gun. The barrel extension broke free and the barrel started to rotate.

Last up... 4x6 bandsaw. Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

No, I never got the muzzle device off. Got the rail off the gun, which was the ultimate goal.

Barrel and muzzle device... Trash.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought you're supposed to boil it to release the rocksett.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#22]
how much can you bench OP?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Outstanding rant! 10/10
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
IT'S MOVING THE ENTIRE GOD-DAMNED FUCKING BARREL ASSEMBLY NOW!  .
View Quote

If the barrel spun in the upper, I have bad news for you.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I took my creme brulee torch to mine for about a minute. Came right off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IT'S MOVING THE ENTIRE GOD-DAMNED FUCKING BARREL ASSEMBLY NOW!  .

If it's just the index pin it's repairable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
how much can you bench OP?
View Quote

Not enough evidently.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's job security for many of us in healthcare.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Still better than BCM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK AAC!

Still better than BCM.

lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Torch, wrench+cheater bar + vise.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Is this another Cerberus Capital product?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#32]
put the end of the barrel in a container and pour in boiling water, and let it sit for about two and a half or 3 hours.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Torch, wrench+cheater bar + vise.

View Quote

Equals broken wrench. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

.. I suppose my only recourse now is to take it to a fucking gunsmith and have him cut the fucking barrel and pin/weld this sumbich in place to meet 16" with the fucking suppressor mount...

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.. I suppose my only recourse now is to take it to a fucking gunsmith and have him cut the fucking barrel and pin/weld this sumbich in place to meet 16" with the fucking suppressor mount...

What's the "" for? Should I have said 16.1"?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Epic Rant Clark!

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBR it.  Reckon' the smith could cut the whole thing 'bout in half, rail and all?  

(btw, I'd love to have one of those uppers.  Good luck getting it the way you want it.)

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I thought you're supposed to boil it to release the rocksett.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

SBR it.  Reckon' the smith could cut the whole thing 'bout in half, rail and all?  

(btw, I'd love to have one of those uppers.  Good luck getting it the way you want it.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the eventual plan. Wasn't planning in doing it this soon, though. Was going to get the mount I need attached and see if I liked it enough to spend the money to sbr it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I had the same problem. I tried everything, heat, water, cold.
Here is something that finally worked.
I soaked the flash hider and barrel in Acetone for 12 hours.
Used the removal tool and I went pop. I thought I broke the index pin off.
Nope the thing just screwed off.
I was at the point of cutting the thing off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#41]
7/10 on the rant
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I have used rocksett several times and found it to be generally weak.  I have never used anything other than a barrel vice and a FS wrench.  I have found it to be sort of like a weak high temp blue loctite.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#43]
ADCO did a nice job fixing my sheared index pin.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Have another Gentleman Jack. Revisit tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Holy shit that's got to be annoying. I sympathize with the OP.... That sounds pretty much like a permanently attached muzzle device. I'd be miffed too if I wanted to change it and couldn't get it off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Your rant was absolutely breathtaking.  

Thank you for sharing your rage with us.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I soaked mine in water for 24 hours.  Came right off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Soak in 50/50 acetone ATF  mix.   Works  like nothing else.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#49]
10/10. It's like I was there doing the work for you.

Bravo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Knights does the same shit...they rockset everrything....it should not take a day to get shit apart.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top