Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 4/16/2015 12:22:24 AM EDT
Why do they care?
Odds are, most people getting abortions or are pro abortion are not Republican.  
Seems like a self correcting problem, Move On.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why do they care?
View Quote

I always figured the best way to shrink the welfare rolls would be free birth control for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why do they care?
View Quote

Why do you care?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#3]
https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul/videos/10152970735516107/
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:26:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why do you care?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do they care?

Why do you care?

Its costing Republicans votes
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Racists support abortion. Always been that way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Racists support abortion. Always been that way.
View Quote

I guess that's like your opinion man...
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Again with this? Bored tonight?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do they care?

Why do you care?

I kind of agree.

During election cycles, the abortion and "bedroom issues" for the right are as caustic as the second amendment is to the left...
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I always figured the best way to shrink the welfare rolls would be free birth control for everyone.
View Quote

If there was ONE type of welfare/subsidy I'd have zero problem paying for with my taxes, it would be free contraception.

Teaching "abstinence" does jack shit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do they care?

Why do you care?

Cite?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why do they care?
View Quote

Oh THIS topic's never been done before.  

Well today, anyway.

To answer you question, many people consider abortion to be murder.  That's why we care.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#12]
It's an easy trap to fall into if you don't know the history of Eugenics/Molecular Biology.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Simply put, if I believe something is murder and don't have a problem, what does that say about me?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#14]
It doesn't make sense.  If welches don't want the responsibility, so be it.

We don't need that demographic of voters any more than we need to facilitate the perpetual crybaby.  Fuck the flamesuit.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:36:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I kind of agree.   During election cycles, the abortion and "bedroom issues" for the right are as caustic as the second amendment is to the left...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do they care?

Why do you care?

I kind of agree.   During election cycles, the abortion and "bedroom issues" for the right are as caustic as the second amendment is to the left...

Why would any Republican care if every single Democrat woman had an abortion every single time they got pregnant for the next 30 years?
Less of them, more of you.
Trust this....if every Democrat could put something in the public water supply that would Only keep Republicans from breathing and breeding more Republicans........They would.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:37:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Cite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do they care?

Why do you care?

Cite?
Well, for a small sample - at least 32% of arfcom (assuming most of arfcom leans right)....

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, for a small sample - at least 32% of arfcom (assuming most of arfcom leans right)....  

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1736779

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do they care?

Why do you care?

Cite?

I don't think that poll proves what you think it proves.

I voted yes because I won't vote for a pro choicer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Cite?

I think you just qualified GlorifiedG's point...

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:54:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cite?

Ok...insomnia being what it is, entertain me with the convoluted logic that brings you to the conclusion that I "qualified" his point.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why do they care?
View Quote

What is the purpose of this thread? And the 87,000 previous generic abortion threads?
Are declared and/or potential republican candidates spending a lot of time on abortion and you're wondering why?
Or is it a desire to keep the abortion issue percolating?
What's the reason?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Many elections have been lost by Republicans for this reason alone.
Many women agree with Republican ideals, except for this one issue.
That's a point of contention that they could leave alone and through other policies, let people change their own minds on later.
But women sure as shit don't like being told what they can and cannot or should and should not do with their own body, it just pisses them the Fuck off.
Perhaps later they'll come around, but not this way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:15:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ahem...

Cite?

I know that when you uncritically accept what the TV says one might be inclined to think this.  But real polls on the subject shows that support for abortion is about 50/50. So while ditching a pro life platform might attract a small "conservative but pro choice" segment of voters, it will alienate a huge segment of the base creating a net loss for Republicans.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:15:56 AM EDT
[#23]
WalkerBushPaulCruz are not running around babbling about abortion? House or senate voting on it? Why is it an issue today, April16 2015?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do they care?

Why do you care?

It's not the only thing costing them votes, in fact it is likely a very small part of their problem.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ahem...

Cite?

I know that when you uncritically accept what the TV says one might be inclined to think this.  But real polls on the subject shows that support for abortion is about 50/50. So while ditching a pro life platform might attract a small "conservative but pro choice" segment of voters, it will alienate a huge segment of the base creating a net loss for Republicans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahem...

Cite?

By alienate, you mean Republican women will vote Democrat?
A small vote the other way would have kept jug ears out second time, doncha know.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:30:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe there are people who believe that standing up for what is right is more important than winning, or that allowing people to kill children so they could get elected would be wrong?

If you only had to kill one child to be elected president, would you do it?

Maybe they believe that the abortion issue is more important than any other issue in America today.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

A small vote the other way would have kept jug ears out second time, doncha know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahem...

Cite?

No. Pro lifers will stay home and stop donating in droves.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:35:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The way things are these days, abortion as a political issue is like debating what color to paint the living room while the kitchen is on fire. There are far more important things that we need to be attending to.

Don't care... at all. (And let's face it, it's a political loser. That genie is never going back in the bottle.)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:47:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe there are people who believe that standing up for what is right is more important than winning, or that allowing people to kill children so they could get elected would be wrong?

If you only had to kill one child to be elected president, would you do it?

View Quote

I wouldn't be the one killing that one kid, they would, and they'd have to live with it not me.
The Democrats have no problem killing peoples souls by confiscating their wealth and redistributing it to your political opposites, and keep winning.
And so it was, he stood by his morals and is no more, Poor sap.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:I wouldn't be the one killing that one kid, they would, and they'd have to live with it not me.
The Democrats have no problem killing peoples souls by confiscating their wealth and redistributing it to your political opposites, and keep winning.
View Quote

yeah, being pro abortion suuuuure helped the democrat party in 2010 and 2014.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

That's a point of contention that they could leave alone and through other policies, let people change their own minds on later.

But women sure as shit don't like being told what they can and cannot or should and should not do with their own body, it just pisses them the Fuck off.

View Quote
Republicans, barring the current office of presidency, hold more Congressional seats, Senate seats, governorships, and state house seats than at any time since WWII.

Just what the fuck are they doing wrong there cowboy?  

The goddam country is a sea of Red, and in 2016 we have a better than even chance of getting the POTUS  according to every poll out there.  Jesus, you'd think the GOP is running a whorehouse and losing money with all the "if only the Republicans did this they might could win" threads on the Internet.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:04:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I wouldn't be the one killing that one kid, they would, and they'd have to live with it not me.

Oh, that's what won it? Wow.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Because GOP leadership has gerrymandered themselves hyper-conservative districts.  All they have to do each election cycle is wag the abortion stick to scare evangelicals to the polls.  Unfortunately, this fucks over Republicans outside the bible belt when idiots spout off about "legitimate rape."
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:12:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Republicans, barring the current office of presidency, hold more Congressional seats, Senate seats, governorships, and state house seats than at any time since WWII.

The goddam country is a sea of Red, and in 2016 we have a better than even chance of getting the POTUS  according to every poll out there.  Jesus, you'd think the GOP is running a whorehouse and losing money with all the "if only the Republicans did this they might could win" threads on the Internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The republicans ONLY saving grace in 2010 and 2014 has been how bad dems looked and acted.

If they stopped self sabotaging on the stupidity that is their stance on gay marriage, abortion, and even maybe the debil refer, they'd have a shot at going toe to toe in an election that mattered and winning.

On the plus side, I have no problems welcoming hill dog so we can watch the majority in the house and senate cave on everything that matters against another should be powerless dem in the white house. Should be a hoot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:12:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...apparently we didn't win based on superior reading comp skills. Jesus.

The theory being bandied about here, which was invented by liberal democrats I might add, is that conservative social positions cost GOP candidates elections, and therefore win elections for democrats. If that is the case, how come democrats lose a LOT. They've got a mud hole stomped in their ass twice in the last 4 years. Other than that, their gay/enviro-nazi/feminazi/pot smoking/abort them all nonsense is working great!

I'm not suggesting that the GOP should lead with social issues on all fronts, but the theory that they need to abandon all morals and become democrats a) is the medias plan for how to stop republicans from ever getting elected, and b) keeps people at home and unexcited about voting. Remember Reagan, bold colors....not pale pastels. Also, stop listening to what the media is telling you everyone thinks. It's coloring your judgement. The percentage of people that would love to vote GOP but refuse to do so base on abortion is very VERY small.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:19:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why would any Republican care if every single Democrat woman had an abortion every single time they got pregnant for the next 30 years?
Trust this....if every Democrat could put something in the public water supply that would Only keep Republicans from breathing and breeding more Republicans........They would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do they care?

Why do you care?

Let's expand that to Jews or any others you see as untermenschen and see how you like the sound of it.
It's murder and murder is wrong, that is why some of us care.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:21:01 AM EDT
[#37]
You staunch anti abortion guys really ought to spend more time working in The Hood. You'll meet all kinds of democrats that could enlighten your thought processes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:22:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Well if you believe that abortion is basically murder in most cases, you probably are going to have strong feelings about it.

It should always be handled by state law though, since it's not a constitutional issue.  Which is one reason Roe vs Wade shouldn't have gone to the Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:24:12 AM EDT
[#39]
We lost again
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Let's expand that to Jews or any others you see as untermenschen and see how you like the sound of it.

That's interesting, but for now lets just keep it about people that more of my tax money so they can give it to those that have no intention of working or paying taxes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Maybe they believe that the abortion issue is more important than any other issue in America today.

View Quote

I think you are correct on this.

However I can't help but wonder what will have more of an effect on the future of this country, abortion or obama/hitlerycare?

abortion or racial harmony?

abortion or immigration amnesty?
Just seems to me like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:32:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What is the purpose of this thread? And the 87,000 previous generic abortion threads?
Are declared and/or potential republican candidates spending a lot of time on abortion and you're wondering why?
What's the reason?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do they care?

What's the reason?

Libertardians wanna make sure the left wins.

All the while they will ignore that even Saint Paul opposes abortion.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:36:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why do they care?
View Quote

LIFE , LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS....what is so damned hard to understand about that?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:40:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are a hell of a lot of women against tax payer funded abortion.
You have to be one sick bitch to rabidly fight for your "right" to butcher your unborn baby. It's a huge miscalculation to assume all women are like that.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You staunch anti abortion guys really ought to spend more time working in The Hood. You'll meet all kinds of democrats that could enlighten your thought processes.
View Quote

I grew up in "the hood" and had many friends.

If you wanna say that all N-----rs should be killed before they're born man up and say it.

It's pretty obvious that's exactly the disgusting shit you're spewing above.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:43:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Hood

The Hoooood

Sounds scary!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:44:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If you wanna say that all N-----rs should be killed before they're born man up and say it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol..some folks feel that membership to an online forum is much more important than carrying the courage of ones convictions.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:48:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's interesting, but for now lets just keep it about people that more of my tax money so they can give it to those that have no intention of working or paying taxes.
View Quote

My mother was almost forced by my father to abort me. They were heading to New York state where it was legal when she left him and came home.

I grew up in the hood and am a contributing member to society.

Your speculation as to who gets aborted is racist, ignorant bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:50:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

However I can't help but wonder what will have more of an effect on the future of this country, abortion or obama/hitlerycare?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's nowhere near my number one issue and it's just the usual bullshit spewed by the leftists here to badmouth the GOP.

I will speak my mind when it comes up though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:53:57 AM EDT
[#50]
[removed - Paul]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top