Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Shark repellent.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Croc or Solomon Grundy
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
How can any ARFCOMmer even think of voting for anyone but The Penguin? (the little shit with all the umbrellas)
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Harley was pretty cool in the Arkham City game
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Harley Quinn.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How can any ARFCOMmer even think of voting for anyone but The Penguin? (the little shit with all the umbrellas)
View Quote

Penguin is one of the worst. Ooooo, it's a fat little midget dressed like Mr. Peanut. I'm terrified.

Joker is the correct answer as a villain, or Catwoman for hotness.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#9]
The Joker is THE Batman villain. He is the exact opposite reaction to Batman.

Also Harley Quinn is hot as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Joker
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Penguin is one of the worst. Ooooo, it's a fat little midget dressed like Mr. Peanut. I'm terrified.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, as all Arfcommers of taste and refinement agree.  I always loved the Joker; just bat-shit insane, but he kills you with a laugh.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Catwomahhhhhhhhhhhng

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#13]
The Joker.  Unlike other villians that wanted power or money, the Joker just wanted to watch the world burn.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This, as all Arfcommers of taste and refinement agree.  I always loved the Joker; just bat-shit insane, but he kills you with a laugh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With new Joker brand, I get a grin agin, and agin.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#15]

I might not buy that, but I'd sure as shit rent it for a dollar.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Always liked croc or clay face.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Poison Ivy. Who doesn't like a smoking hot redhead?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Deathstroke, aka Slade Wilson....

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Two-Face
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Death Stroke
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Freeze
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean Bane.

Bane is supposed to represent what Bruce Wayne would have been, if he had sided with Ra's Al Ghul.

Bane is equal in intelligence, training, cunning, and is his superior in physicality. Batman can not beat Bane, only hope to not be defeated. Which is supposed to also represent Batman's approach to Gotham. He can't ever truly save the city, he can only hope to slow its decay and make small improvements. On the same token, Ra's Al Ghul knows the only way to "save Gotham" would be to destroy it and start over. That's not acceptable to Batman, because there's still good in the city. And thus begins their confrontation. Bane is a prodigy who is picked up by Ra's Al Ghul and agrees with the destroy everything and start over approach.

The only problem is that Bane gets fucking Poison Ivy'd every time he's in a movie. They make him out to be some roided up idiot who acts as a lackey for a female character, when he's supposed to be a hyper intelligent mostly loner. And Talia is supposed to resent him entirely, not be in love with him.

[grumbling]Fucking Christopher Nolan and fucking Anne Hathaway. Making Catwoman and Friends: with special appearance by the Batman and calling it Dark Knight Rises. Assholes ruining a good thing.[/grumbling]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You mean Bane.

Bane is supposed to represent what Bruce Wayne would have been, if he had sided with Ra's Al Ghul.

Bane is equal in intelligence, training, cunning, and is his superior in physicality. Batman can not beat Bane, only hope to not be defeated. Which is supposed to also represent Batman's approach to Gotham. He can't ever truly save the city, he can only hope to slow its decay and make small improvements. On the same token, Ra's Al Ghul knows the only way to "save Gotham" would be to destroy it and start over. That's not acceptable to Batman, because there's still good in the city. And thus begins their confrontation. Bane is a prodigy who is picked up by Ra's Al Ghul and agrees with the destroy everything and start over approach.

The only problem is that Bane gets fucking Poison Ivy'd every time he's in a movie. They make him out to be some roided up idiot who acts as a lackey for a female character, when he's supposed to be a hyper intelligent mostly loner. And Talia is supposed to resent him entirely, not be in love with him.

[grumbling]Fucking Christopher Nolan and fucking Anne Hathaway. Making Catwoman and Friends: with special appearance by the Batman and calling it Dark Knight Rises. Assholes ruining a good thing.[/grumbling]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean Bane.

I love that movie. Gtfo.

But you're mostly right. I said that the Joker was the "reaction" to Batman. The Yin to his Yang, as it were.

Bane is what Batman could have been. The Joker is what Batman could never be.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I never followed Batman until Jack Nicholson played The Joker. He made that character!

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I love that movie. Gtfo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I love that movie. Gtfo.

It had such potential. Batman Begins was good. The Dark Knight was amazing. Dark Knight Rises was a great concept wrapped in pandering bullshit. Fuck Catwoman. She had no reason to be there other than as sex appeal, and they tried to force an audience connection to her by saying she's morally conflicted and trying to be a good person because Anne Hathaway. She didn't contribute anything to the story, Anne Hathaway is a horrendous actress, and she helped further ruin one of the best characters in the DC Universe.

It should have been like this:
Bane stays mostly the same. He can figure out Bruce Wayne's identity through Ra's Al Ghul. He doesn't need anyone to betray Batman. Develop the "we're both working towards the same goal, but with different approaches to it" angle, if you can.
Catwoman is eliminated from the movie almost entirely. Fuck Anne Hathaway.
Don't reveal that Bruce is definitely alive at the end. Don't reveal that Joseph Gordon-Levitt's middle name is Robin. Just have Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character resign from the Police force and have a scene of him going back into the Bat Cave, implying that he's going to be the new Dark Knight for Gotham. This keeps the theme of making ideas immortal, even if men are not. Bruce should create a legacy through his martyrdom, not say they're going to continue with him as the Batman.
Maybe keep part of the scene with Alfred at the cafe in France, but don't have clarity that Bruce is actually there. Just imply that he might be. It'd be like the spinning top scene in Inception.
Quoted:
But you're mostly right. I said that the Joker was the "reaction" to Batman. The Yin to his Yang, as it were.

Joker is awesome. He's my favorite character. But he's a force of nature by himself, not an image of Batman seen through a different lens like Bane is.

Joker is a super villain. He's not a matched villain, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#30]

While not my "favorite" its hard to go wrong:
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It had such potential. Batman Begins was good. The Dark Knight was amazing. Dark Knight Rises was a great concept wrapped in pandering bullshit. Fuck Catwoman. She had no reason to be there other than as sex appeal, and they tried to force an audience connection to her by saying she's morally conflicted and trying to be a good person because Anne Hathaway. She didn't contribute anything to the story, Anne Hathaway is a horrendous actress, and she helped further ruin one of the best characters in the DC Universe.

Bane stays mostly the same. He can figure out Bruce Wayne's identity through Ra's Al Ghul. He doesn't need anyone to betray Batman. Develop the "we're both working towards the same goal, but with different approaches to it" angle, if you can.
Don't reveal that Bruce is definitely alive at the end. Don't reveal that Joseph Gordon-Levitt's middle name is Robin. Just have Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character resign from the Police force and have a scene of him going back into the Bat Cave, implying that he's going to be the new Dark Knight for Gotham. This keeps the theme of making ideas immortal, even if men are not. Bruce should create a legacy through his martyrdom, not say they're going to continue with him as the Batman.
Maybe keep part of the scene with Alfred at the cafe in France, but don't have clarity that Bruce is actually there. Just imply that he might be. It'd be like the spinning top scene in Inception.

Joker is awesome. He's my favorite character. But he's a force of nature by himself, not an image of Batman seen through a different lens like Bane is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love that movie. Gtfo.

Quoted:

I disagree with you about the movie, but I like your ideas, and your reasoning is extremely interesting to me. I do agree with certain parts, and I'd watch your version too.

I liked Anne Hathaway, and Catwoman. But you know, to each his own.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Joker is the best villain of ALL comic book villains.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Original Joker from the tv show.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Bat-Mite

And as for Harley, Tara Strong dressed up for CosPlay.  She did the voice in the Arkham City games.  The looks and the voice...

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#35]
The Joker is my favorite villain, period.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/flyingbrick/media/NewmarJulie_01_zps8b22d9e3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/flyingbrick/NewmarJulie_01_zps8b22d9e3.jpg</a>
View Quote

Her!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Ra's al Ghul, no?

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#38]
That poll should have only one option.... Joker.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#39]
No love for Otto Preminger as Mr. Freeze?

Or Vincent Price as Egghead?

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Freeze
View Quote

Freeze is a sympathetic/tragic villian. A guy who was victim of evil plots and was pushed over the edge to get revenge.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm with the hive, easy question
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Ya he's the clear winner. Great movie.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
While not my "favorite" its hard to go wrong:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=72975
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Heath ledger was an awesome joker.   That said my favorite villain has always been scarecrow.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Mark Hammel's Joker portrayal is the best Batman villain of all time IMO.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#47]
The Lee Meriwether version of catwoman, please.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mark Hammel's Joker portrayal is the best Batman villain of all time IMO.
View Quote

This.

Ra's Al Ghul is a close second place in best villain.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Her!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/flyingbrick/media/NewmarJulie_01_zps8b22d9e3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/flyingbrick/NewmarJulie_01_zps8b22d9e3.jpg</a>

Her!

Between Catwoman and Mrs Peel, there is an entire generation of old guys with a leather fetish  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Catwoman.   MEOW!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top