BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 1/29/2015 2:56:08 AM EDT
Guys,

I do not know much about the case.

All I know are the basics and that he won......and that the widow is appealing the decision.

Is all of the Ventura hate due to the fact that the case was filed after Kyle's death?

I do not claim to know.

That's why I'm asking.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:57:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Because Chris Kyle is dead and could not defend himself?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:57:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I think a lot of hate has to do with the fact that he's a faggot in every other aspect of his life too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This

JV is a POS.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:58:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think a lot of hate has to do with the fact that he's a faggot in every other aspect of his life too.
View Quote

Yep.

I actually think he is correct, but I wish he wasn't allowed to keep the money, simply for continuing the civil action against Kyle's wife after his murder.

*Chris Kyle supporter, don't take that post the wrong way.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:01:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep.

I actually think he is correct, but I wish he wasn't allowed to keep the money, simply for continuing the civil action against Kyle's wife after his murder.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Ya Chris Kyle may have had his issues but no one is gonna respect a guy who continues to go after a widow. Whether he's in the right or not doesn't matter; people aren't going to like that and will think it's a shitty thing to do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]
In.
Troll thread.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Chris Kyle fabricated several stories. One of them involved Jesse the shitstain Ventura. That's why he won.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Chris Kyle fabricated several stories. One of them involved Jesse the shitstain Ventura. That's why he won.
View Quote

Did Chris ever specifically say it was Ventura?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:10:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Jesse Ventura and Michael Moore probably blow eachother.

That or they are both amazingly impossible characters created by and acted out by Fred Savage.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:14:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did on a radio show.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:14:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he did on the #1 cable news show in America. I watched it when it aired.

http://youtu.be/VU5MLcWXzfo

Video admitting it at link. Also said he sniped looters in New Orleans post Katrina and put a cap in two at a gas station. Both of them complete fabrications.

Kyle is still a hero to me, but he should have been ashamed to lie about these things. FWIW fuck ventura
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:14:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not in the book, but on a few radio talk shows, yes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:14:59 AM EDT
[#13]
The reason I hate him is because he sued CK for harming his name/image yet that fuckin tard does more harm to his own image than any other human being could ever hope to.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:17:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Not sure the elments of the case either. I would have to read the transcripts from the case to know what evidence was presented. Were  their witnesses that saw the altercation? Could he have presented irrefutable evidence he was no where near the place where the altercation allegedly took place?

That being said, I am sure anyone here, in dealing with a defamation of character with certain legal implications connected to it that felt they were wronged would work to have that issue cleared up. The fact the Law, not Ventura, determined the course of the suit, is what needs to be takenninto consideration.

If it was me I would have let the $$$ aspect slide simply to have the issue resolved. But as it sits, Lawyers & cases like this aren't cheap, so if he was in the right why should he have to pay for it? Law says the loser has to pay. She could have settled it out of court but she still chose to fight it. I could be wrong there but it seems logical.

Like him or not, put yourself in his shoes if you wanted to run for public office but couldn't. People might not be so quick to judge. Personal opinions aside, as I could not care less either way, what is right is right.

I agree not the wife's fault either, but the Law again determined the inevitability of the action.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:21:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Video admitting it at link. Also said he sniped looters in New Orleans post Katrina and put a cap in two at a gas station. Both of them complete fabrications.

Kyle is still a hero to me, but he should have been ashamed to lie about these things. FWIW fuck ventura
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was he ever able to explain why he lied?  

It just doesn't make sense to me. He was a hero in many ways, with I'm sure hundreds and hundreds of real stories to tell. Why make shit up?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Dude told a lie to sell books. Said lie cost other dude money and resulted in liar gaining more money. Wrong was committed. Regardless of the unfortunate events following the suit, ventura's livelihood still took a hit whether or not you agree with his beliefs. But of course.... this America...where people are only okay if they believe the same shit you do.

I'd say I think Ventura is an idiot...but no one will make it past the first three sentences without their panties getting in a twist and railing off on an emotional outburst about how I'm a bad American because I don't believe the hype on this silly shit. Dude did good shit in country. Tried to do good shit at home.... it's sad.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:23:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It just doesn't make sense to me. He was a hero in many ways, with I'm sure hundreds and hundreds of real stories to tell. Why make shit up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it either. I still think he's a certified american bad ass but his image is tainted to many others now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:25:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ya Chris Kyle may have had his issues but no one is gonna respect a guy who continues to go after a widow. Whether he's in the right or not doesn't matter; people aren't going to like that and will think it's a shitty thing to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Lying is also a shitty thing to do.  Lying about someone else is a shitty thing to do.

Actions have consequences.  Kyle fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:27:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't get it either. I still think he's a certified american bad ass but his image is tainted to many others now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

No one is a clear winner in these types of matters.

Shit splatters when it hits the fan & everyone involved ends up smelling like it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds about right
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:27:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lying is also a shitty thing to do.  Lying about someone else is a shitty thing to do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Ya he did.

Like I said earlier though, I just wonder why. His real story is epic enough to sell books if that was his goal.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:28:16 AM EDT
[#22]
If Chris Kyle lied, then well shit, he lied and deserved to get sued.  Whether or not it was habitual for him is what I care more about.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:29:10 AM EDT
[#23]
He's not wrong, though a lawsuit probably was not needed.  He is just a huge douche lagoon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:52:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not sure the elments of the case either. I would have to read the transcripts from the case to know what evidence was presented. Were  their witnesses that saw the altercation? Could he have presented irrefutable evidence he was no where near the place where the altercation allegedly took place?

That being said, I am sure anyone here, in dealing with a defamation of character with certain legal implications connected to it that felt they were wronged would work to have that issue cleared up. The fact the Law, not Ventura, determined the course of the suit, is what needs to be takenninto consideration.

If it was me I would have let the $$$ aspect slide simply to have the issue resolved. But as it sits, Lawyers & cases like this aren't cheap, so if he was in the right why should he have to pay for it? Law says the loser has to pay. She could have settled it out of court but she still chose to fight it. I could be wrong there but it seems logical.

Like him or not, put yourself in his shoes if you wanted to run for public office but couldn't. People might not be so quick to judge. Personal opinions aside, as I could not care less either way, what is right is right.

I agree not the wife's fault either, but the Law again determined the inevitability of the action.
View Quote

Someone said in the other thread about Kyle and Ventura that Bill O'Reily personally knows two SEALs that witnessed the whole thing and could verify its authenticity. Whether thats true and whether O'Reily is telling the truth I obviously don't know. If it is true it's very interesting.

Either it didn't happena and Kyle lied, or it did happen and he recanted his story to maybe stop the lawsuit. We'll probably never really know which sucks for us, Ventura, CK, and his widow.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:56:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dude told a lie to sell books. Said lie cost other dude money and resulted in liar gaining more money. Wrong was committed. Regardless of the unfortunate events following the suit, ventura's livelihood still took a hit whether or not you agree with his beliefs. But of course.... this America...where people are only okay if they believe the same shit you do.

I'd say I think Ventura is an idiot...but no one will make it past the first three sentences without their panties getting in a twist and railing off on an emotional outburst about how I'm a bad American because I don't believe the hype on this silly shit. Dude did good shit in country. Tried to do good shit at home.... it's sad.
View Quote

Yeah the whole thing is crazy. I think most of the Ventura hate comes from the fact that he continued the lawsuit after Kyles death and went after the widow. Was Ventura technically in the right, yes. Morally, however, I think most would say he was wrong. If it were me filing the lawsuit I'd like to think I'd drop it after CK's death.

Eta: also when you compare Chris Kyle personally and the things he's done (the real confirmed things) to the retarded shit Venture does and says, Kyle is gonna be the fan favorite nearly every time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:00:23 AM EDT
[#26]
To me it doesn't matter if Kyle lied or not...once he died, Ventura should have let bygones be bygones.  But no, typical of him, he proves he's an asshole and goes after the Estate/Kyle's widow.  You CAN be technically right and yet still dead wrong.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:08:06 AM EDT
[#27]

bill O'Reilly claims to know 2 SEALs who saw Kyle punch Ventura and would swear to it. He named one of them ( ex-SEAL), but the other was on active duty so O'reilly wouldn't give his name.
who knows? I hope Kyle did pop ventura's grape.
View Quote

The O'Reilly post from the other thread.

And a link.

And again, who the hell knows if O'Reilly is telling the truth.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:09:55 AM EDT
[#28]
After seeing JV riding in a golf cart at TPC Twin Cities, cursing at the maybe 12 year old boy driving him  I pretty much lost all respect.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Because you can be right.....and still be very wrong.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:59:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

first post nails it
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:00:56 AM EDT
[#31]
How can you have respect for a guy who got killed by an alien? He had a mini gun to shoot it with for goodness sake!!

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Ventura is a scumbag, but that doesn't mean he was wrong.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How can you have respect for a guy who got killed by an alien? He had a mini gun to shoot it with for goodness sake!!

View Quote

ok that is funny i dont care who you are
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Came to post. If anyone thinks otherwise, well good luck with life.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

But...the alien killed Blaine from behind. Which makes the alien a coward! Back to the topic at hand. I like both JV and CK. Don't agree with some of the political issues Jesse stands for, and Chris had some credibility problems of his own; but I like both guys. Bad situation all around.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Going with this.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

How can you have respect for a guy who got killed by an alien predator?  He had a mini gun to shoot it with for goodness sake!!

View Quote
fify

Bill Paxton must disgust you then.  He got killed by an alien, a terminator, and a predator.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Only on GD:

Non Vet claims to be military =  stolen Valor and person should be jailed
Vet lies to sell books =  mass approval because he is a Seal, his actions should have no consequences

JV hires a lawyer to defend a public slander Case and his proven Correct =  he is a douche who should choke himself and never hired a lawyer
Someone's car/gun/iphone/dildo is accidentally damage by some else = hire a lawyer and sue their ass and scorched earth

Disclaimer.....i dislike every case of stolen Valor I read about

And if the widow profited in anyway from the sale of said book and movie she is a target
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Ventura can be legally right but still a douche bag.

He should have dropped the suit when Chris Kyle died. Put out a statement about "out of respect for the dead and his loved ones...". It would have been honorable, it would outweigh anything Chris Kyle accused him of.

But noooooo. He had to go right on being a douchebag.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#40]
My hatred for Jesse Started long before I even heard of Chris Kyle.  

he hurt his career long before Chris Kyle uttered his name.

IF Chris lied about the 3 things that are constantly shown as being the examples of him lying, well shame on him.  

Does he get a pass for the lies because of all the lives he saved?  yeah probably

Is Ventura still a dirt bag?  yep without a doubt

I don't know I guess I am just used to vets embellishing things a little bit.  A 5 jump  Cherry in division probably has better stories then me anyways.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#41]
If Kyle lied, the right thing would have been to have the defendant pay only the legal fees + $1.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#42]
IMHO. When CK died, what ever beef JV had with him should of died with him.  
JV can choke on every cent he fucking won.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Only on GD:

Vet lies to sell books =  mass approval because he is a Seal, his actions should have no consequences

JV hires a lawyer to defend a public slander Case and his proven Correct =  he is a douche who should choke himself and never hired a lawyer
Someone's car/gun/iphone/dildo is accidentally damage by some else = hire a lawyer and sue their ass and scorched earth

And if the widow profited in anyway from the sale of said book and movie she is a target
View Quote

But those lies don't rise to the level of condemning Kyle as a murderous coward for god's sake.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He should have dropped the suit when Chris Kyle died. Put out a statement about "out of respect for the dead and his loved ones...". It would have been honorable, it would outweigh anything Chris Kyle accused him of.
View Quote

That would have ben quite noble.

Do you think his attorneys would have been so impressed by his nobility that they would have simply written off the bill for their work?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

But those lies don't rise to the level of condemning Kyle as a murderous coward for god's sake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Only on GD:

When did JV say that?  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Chris Kyle=hero who sometimes acted like an asshole and sometimes made shit up.

Jesse "the mind" Ventura=asshole who made shit up all the time, spoke out of his ass, and demanded special attention because he was a SEAL (or at least felt that his training meant he can call himself one), and sued a widow while her husband's body was still warm.

Therefore Kyle>Ventura.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

This.  It's a dick move to kick a widow while she's down.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

When did JV say that?  

View Quote

I'm talking about the member here who posted that mean shit.

ETA:  I got confused and posted this in the wrong fucking thread!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Dude told a lie to sell books. Said lie cost other dude money and resulted in liar gaining more money. Wrong was committed. Regardless of the unfortunate events following the suit, Ventura's livelihood still took a hit whether or not you agree with his beliefs. But of course.... this America...where people are only okay if they believe the same shit you do.

View Quote
This.

My honor isn't for sale for any price or amount of fame.

Making up bullshit to sell more books, ruined any honor Kyle had in my eyes.

If I cannot believe one thing you say I can't believe anything you say.

All of you saying what a great person Kyle was, imagine it's your wife fucking another man.

"I swear honey it was only this one time."

Would you believe her or would you dump her ass on the spot no matter how hot or how much money she had?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do you think his attorneys would have been so impressed by his nobility that they would have simply written off the bill for their work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ventura should not be a poor man. If he is, he must be a bigger moron than I believe him to be.

The choice between paying that bill yourself or sticking it to a widow is a pretty easy one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top