Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/27/2015 11:21:41 PM EDT
Just got done watching Fury on Blu-ray and it was meh at best. Seemed like a remake of the old 1950s WW2 movies only they added more swearing and gore. No real interesting plot and the characters just seemed like they were taken directly from every B-grade war movie made. The tough yet smart and sensitive commander, religious guy, gung-ho Animal Mother bad soldier, and the lost new guy all sent on an impossible mission.

Probably get flamed, but I just don't see anything in the movie....
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's hoping to save you some pain.

Beans are served in chili.....

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I felt the same way.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked it a lot , good action flick with some decent scenes and a few good battles .

The one commander that had his top-end removed by the 88 was . . . surprising
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
It's every '50s WWII movie I've ever seen, except with good special effects and an actual German tank playing the Germans.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I liked it a lot , good action flick with some decent scenes and a few good battles .

View Quote

Seeing Shermans flip their lids was interesting. Granted there was some good scenes, but overall I just couldn't get into it.

Plus, if you know there is a battalion of SS coming your way, then why not take every belt of ammo you can inside the tank? Instead of hopping outside in a firefight to grab the extra belts off the back?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Seeing Shermans flip their lids was interesting. Granted there was some good scenes, but overall I just couldn't get into it.

Plus, if you know there is a battalion of SS coming your way, then why not take every belt of ammo you can inside the tank? Instead of hopping outside in a firefight to grab the extra belts off the back?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Storage.

There's not much room in the inside of most tanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I liked it but the ending really bugged me. I have to imagine at that point in the war the Germans would know how to flank a disabled Sherman.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I liked it.

Thought it was good.

Enjoyed the plot

And the acting

And the characters
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#10]
When the credits rolled, the entire theater was silent. I've neever seen anything like it before.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

One of the worst war movies I've ever watched.

Shitty acting

No real story

Unlikeable characters

I'm not going to jump into the debate about the way it portrayed all the US Troops.

As I said in the last thread, the final battle scene was so far fetched, it made the Matrix look like reality.

The only decent part of the movie was the tanks and some of the special effects.
View Quote

Pretty much sums up my feelings on it as well.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#12]
It's already on pay per view, as is Gone Girl.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Storage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Storage.

If the choice was to go out in a fire fight or be squashed in a tank with extra ammo....

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When the credits rolled, the entire theater was silent. I've neever seen anything like it before.

View Quote

Some people just want to see the world burn.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I liked it but the ending really bugged me. I have to imagine at that point in the war the Germans would know how to flank a disabled Sherman.
View Quote

I was figuring on Molotov cocktails being thrown on the tank. The Russians gave the Germans some good lessons on those.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#16]
thought it was damn awesome...  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I watched it tonight with the grandkid on PPV. Not great but it was a OK war flick and worth the $6.00.

Even the grandkid asked why they did not put more ammo inside the tank.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Not great but entertaining. Better than a lot of other shit out there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought it was shitty. Saw it in the theater. Was unimpressed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

snort
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Red boxed it today. Worth the $1.60.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Real tiger tank. That's the reason I watched it. Other than that it was meh.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was silent too.  But, I was thinking "Damn, I wasted good money on that crap?"
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought Fury was great, better action, drama and acting than American Sniper, the tank battle scenes were weak, but everything else was bad ass.

Not to diminish Chris Kyle or his book, but the movie was cheesy as hell.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Shitty acting

No real story

Unlikeable characters

I'm not going to jump into the debate about the way it portrayed all the US Troops.

As I said in the last thread, the final battle scene was so far fetched, it made the Matrix look like reality.

The only decent part of the movie was the tanks and some of the special effects.
View Quote

Agree 100%; I found it completely over the top and seemed like Hollywood exaggeration. From the first scene forward I was in the mindset of "they're trying to make Brad Pitt seem as 'hardcore' as possible". I have no doubt WWII tankers faced some inconceivably difficult/horrible situations, but this seemed wildly over the top; from beginning to end.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Fury was blind the whole time.

Good movie, simply for the tank action, not one likable character in the movie.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:56:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

I think that was the point.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I enjoyed the movie and hope they make more tank movies (expensive, difficult and unlikely)
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#29]
We've been at war for the longest time in American history.  There should have been hundreds of good war movies out by now.  But there aren't and there won't be.  Hollywood hates America and the American serviceman.  Enjoy what manages to squeak out the cracks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Shitty acting

No real story

Unlikeable characters

View Quote

Well, you just ruined my desire to see it.  I'd probably agree.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Regarding Tank movies, "Thunder Run" is coming out this year. I have extremely high hopes for that movie after reading the book. I hope the actors will do those tankers justice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Guess I will have to be the one to disagree.  I really enjoyed the movie, it reminded me of the old Sgt. Rock comics that my Dad used to show me when I was a kid.  That is to say that it skirted the line between comic book and "realistic" (using that term very loosely) pretty well in my opinion.  Really dug some of the action set pieces too, especially the assault on the Tiger.  

I will have to say that the Norman character was completely unlikeable.  I will also agree that the movie itself wasn't particularly innovative in any way, but I enjoyed it none the less.  Sure is a lot more fun to watch than the stuff I have to sit through when my wife is choosing the movie...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#33]
When Platoon came out, a Vietnam vet told me that it was unrealistic mainly because they rolled every horrific cliche story that happened into the experience of one platoon...among other reasons.

I walked out of Fury and thought I had just seen WW2 Platoon. Every sad  dark scenario possible jammed into and onto a single tank crew.  At the end, the noble savage/ SS trooper is the savior while the filthy hardened tank crew gets their just rewards.

It portrayed our guys in a very negative light and I happen to be personal friends with a vet who served on a Sherman in the exact time frame portrayed in the movie. It was a slap in the face to him on several levels.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the German girl was pretty likeable. Next to the Tiger, she was the best part.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Just watched it today myself...Wasn't bad, the tank kills and the opening "tanks VS. field guns" was good. Might add it to the collection since the only other tank movie I have is The Beast.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Regarding Tank movies, "Thunder Run" is coming out this year. I have extremely high hopes for that movie after reading the book. I hope the actors will do those tankers justice.
View Quote

was unaware of this?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I enjoyed it for the action. But otherwise there really wasn't much to it. Story was pretty empty.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Shitty acting

No real story

Unlikeable characters

View Quote
I'm in agreement with this.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

was unaware of this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

was unaware of this?

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/movie/thunder_run/
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I thought the German girl was pretty likeable. Next to the Tiger, she was the best part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he was referring to the main characters, the assholes in the tank
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

was unaware of this?

Starring Matthew McConaughey......
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn I came here to post that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just experienced this at American Sniper a few days ago! Is it a new trend?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Soooo.... grenade goes off in a tank and one dude putting it in his lap saves everyone inside? No injury whatsoever to the dude inches to his side?

Among other things.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#45]
It reminded me of Star Wars.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I liked it. One thing though, is when they broke out the Panzerfausts in the final battle, they would have made short work of the Sherman.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:32:37 AM EDT
[#47]
"Das Boot" in a tank.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:38:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I will say it again like past posts on  this movie and that its a PIECE OF SHIT!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I liked it until the final battle.   They show a shitload of SS troops with Panzerfaust and only two? are fired at the tank.   First guy misses and the second kills that asshole Shane with no damage to anybody else.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#50]
1. Das Boot was a good movie
2. How was the tank pron?

If the tank pron was good, I'll still give it a watch eventually.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top