Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Posted: 1/21/2015 1:26:36 AM EDT
The NFL found the New England Patriots used deflated footballs during the AFC Championship, according to a report from  Chris Mortensen of ESPN. According to the report, the league sources say the NFL determined 11 footballs used by the Patriots were under-inflated by two pounds each. Per NFL rules, footballs are required to be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch.

While Mortenson cites league sources the NFL is yet to comment on the investigation. The Patriots maintain they will cooperate with the NFL. Reports about under-inflated footballs used by the Patriots surfaced only a few hours after the AFC Championship ended. The NFL and the Patriots responded the following day, with the league saying it would look into the matter and expected to resolve the investigation quickly.
View Quote

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-determines-patriots-used-deflated-footballs-during-afc-championship-per-report/ar-AA8pzhS
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Omg this is breaking news that no one else posted yet

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:35:19 AM EDT
[#3]
nobody cares about football.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Water is wet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Brady and Belichick don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
That's going to be a pretty hefty fine.
They cheated AGAIN and got caught AGAIN.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:39:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Nobody cares.   Nobody will hold cheaters responsible.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#8]
pressure can be expected to drop after hours in the cold
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope...nobody. Definitely not the most watched three hours on TV in the entire year. (Superbowl)

Oh wait...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:43:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

For only the pats footballs??
Not the colts'.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They would have to go from room temp to well below freezing for it to drop that much.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:47:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not a big football fan, but one thing a fucking hate with a passion is a cheater.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#13]
You know this could be solved by having the footballs maintained and supplied by the NFL and not left up tot the teams....
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#14]
As long as the kick the shit out of the Seahawks I don't really care.  Not a huge fan of the Pat's but can't stand the Seachickens even more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:49:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm betting that the Pats do like what Rodgers said the Packers do - inflate the balls the way they like it (Rodgers like theirs to be inflated over the NFL limit, for example) and give them to the officials before the game, and if the officials let them through, fine.

I'm guessing the officials either did a piss-poor job checking, and adjusting, the balls before the game, or just didn't give a shit. I seriously doubt anyone was on the sideline with a gauge reaching into the zipped ball bag adjusting the balls down to 11 psi in front of God, fans, officials, and cameras. Seriously. This is a load of horseshit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:50:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You know this could be solved by having the footballs maintained and supplied by the NFL and not left up tot the teams....
View Quote

I thought that was how it worked until all this bullshit came out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:50:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd love the NFL to have the balls to rule they lost the game due to cheating and were tossed from the SB.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:50:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd love the NFL to have the balls to rule they lost the game due to cheating and were tossed from the SB.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:52:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

As long as the kick the shit out of the Seahawks I don't really care.  Not a huge fan of the Pat's but can't stand the Seachickens even more.
View Quote

Whoever the NFL decides is going to win will win.  There's a reason the NFL classifies itself as "entertainment" and not sport.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:52:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then any other team (*cough* Packers *cough*) will need to be penalized also, since they admitted to using balls inflated outside of the NFL's rules.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:54:28 AM EDT
[#21]
The fines are just a cost of doing business to them.
A real penalty would be to award them the loss & send them to the golf course.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#22]
What is the benefit of an under inflated ball?
Easy to catch?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:56:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Whoever the NFL decides is going to win will win. There's a reason the NFL classifies itself as "entertainment" and not sport.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoever the NFL decides is going to win will win. There's a reason the NFL classifies itself as "entertainment" and not sport.

source?

I'd wager anything suspicious like that would simply be structuring due to the fact that the NFL plays no sport, it's simply an organizational thing. Similar to the dipshits who freak out over the NFL being a non-profit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Then any other team (*cough* Packers *cough*) will need to be penalized also, since they admitted to using balls inflated outside of the NFL's rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they are done for the season. The Pats are still out there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:58:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Seattle penalized them enough in the last 5 minutes of Sunday's game and putting a stamp on it in overtime.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:58:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Easy to catch?
View Quote

Easier to grip and throw since it was in wet weather.

They still would've won regardless, but I hope they go heavy on the punishment since the Patriots clearly never learn and won't until they lose something big.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:58:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't matter. Cheating is cheating. Or is it only cheating when the Pats do it? I don't think ball pressure - over or under inflated - is cheating, personally, no matter who it is.

Of course, this is all a "report" from Morteson, whose sources aren't always infallable. The NFL has yet to comment.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:59:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Easy to catch?
View Quote

Yes, and hang on to.
Especially in cold weather.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think Seattle penalized them enough in the last 5 minutes of Sunday's game and putting a stamp on it in overtime.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really, the Packers  coaching staff was incompetent. They always go into "prevent" when they think they have the game in the bag.
STUPID.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:00:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Nope...nobody. Definitely not the most watched three hours on TV in the entire year. (Superbowl)

Oh wait...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh wait...

Yeah but that's the Superbowl. Even people who don't care about football watch the Superbowl.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Packers admitted to overfilling PRIOR to inspection, and just seeing if the refs let it through.

Depending on the details that come out, if the pats deflated them AFTER inspection it is an entirely different story.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:08:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Packers admitted to overfilling PRIOR to inspection, and just seeing if the refs let it through.

Depending on the details that come out, if the pats deflated them AFTER inspection it is an entirely different story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if it turns out the Pats submitted them that way, and officials let them through? Will everyone yelling "CHEATERS"'apologize?

Nope. They'll cry "cover up" and this stupid shit will live on forever. Because everyone has already "convicted" them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:09:29 AM EDT
[#33]
If you think the patriots are the only team cheating I've got some ocean front property to sell you. If you don't push the rules you ate not trying hard enough.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:10:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah but that's the Superbowl. Even people who don't care about football watch the Superbowl commercials.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wait...

Yeah but that's the Superbowl. Even people who don't care about football watch the Superbowl commercials.

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm not a big football fan, but one thing a fucking hate with a passion is a cheater.
View Quote

"It's only cheating if you get caught"
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:12:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no way they could deflate them post inspection without someone noticing, but conveniently it's noticed right after the raping?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:13:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And if it turns out the Pats submitted them that way, and officials let them through? Will everyone yelling "CHEATERS"'apologize?

Nope. They'll cry "cover up" and this stupid shit will live on forever. Because everyone has already "convicted" them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't help their case that Green bay isn't being secretive about it. Whereas for example Brady said the accusation was ridiculous. (when in fact, the balls were under-inflated)
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:14:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Pats as much as I hate 'em dominated
the ball did not make a difference
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:15:23 AM EDT
[#39]
This thread needs more Smokey Yunick..

Reading Between the Lines
Smokey Yunick, owner of Daytona's Best Damn Garage in Town, was a perpetual thorn in the side of NASCAR in general, and Bill France in particular. The self-taught engineer was a genius at aerodynamics, and his tricks to make a car's body slip through the air were far ahead of his time. But Yunick was perhaps best known for interpreting what the rule book said—or, perhaps, didn't say. For example: In 1968, he said NASCAR specified how big a fuel tank could be, but he noticed no one said how big the fuel line could be. Instead of a half-inch fuel line, Yunick created a two-inch fuel line that was 11 feet long, and held five gallons of gas. Cheating? Not really, since nowhere did it say you couldn't do that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#40]
If I remember correctly, the last time they cheated, they went 18-1. The
only game they lost, was the one that counted the most. New York Giants upset the Patriots 17-14
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:20:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gee, that would be a Novel idea!! I wonder why that wasn't already adopted?

Oh yeah it makes sense...fuck that!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:25:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If I remember correctly, the last time they cheated, they went 18-1. The only game they lost, was the one that counted the most. New York Giants upset the Patriots 17-14
View Quote

I remember that game...

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:32:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Who the fuck cares.  I doubt that would have changed the outcome lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:34:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about a lifetime ban for the Coach. Whether he did it or not, his ass has been behind two cheating cock ups, and his prize for the third ought to be a PERMABAN.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:35:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

They could have solved this by tossing Belicheater after the last time the Pats were caught cheating.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Pats as much as I hate 'em dominated
the ball did not make a difference
View Quote

Yeah, they're probably back to videotaping the opposing coaches to steal the signs again.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:37:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you think the patriots are the only team cheating I've got some ocean front property to sell you. If you don't push the rules you ate not trying hard enough.
View Quote

No, you just have not been bitch smacked by the rules books hard enough.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:37:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Cheaters always win!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:45:30 AM EDT
[#49]
As soon as I heard Bradys forced laugh I knew it was true.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:46:39 AM EDT
[#50]
bull
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top