Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2014 5:07:51 PM EDT
got a letter from the county warning me about not buying a dog license vet turned us in, they are required by the county if you get a rabies shot.we had this dog 10 years and never bought a licensee, has always been a house dog. this is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
5 gallon bucket
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you can get a "farm use" tag. :)

And a new vet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
tell em your dog died and find a new vet who's not a commie.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
because taxes (disguised as fees/licenses).
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Tell the dog police that your old dog died.  

When they point out your old dog, you tell them thats the new dog, repeat as necessary.

Go to a vet that isn't so enamored with government.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Vets in VA have no choice.  They are required to report the rabies vaccination to the state and then the counties can get that info from the state.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
You gots to pay.  One way or the other.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tell the dog police that your old dog died.  

When they point out your old dog, you tell them thats the new dog, repeat as necessary.

Go to a vet that isn't so enamored with government.
View Quote

vets are required to turn in the information.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

got a letter from the county warning me about not buying a dog license vet turned us in, they are required by the county if you get a rabies shot.we had this dog 10 years and never bought a licensee, has always been a house dog. this is ridiculous.
View Quote

Before I opened...thought...man..he must be in VA..

Yup.

$5 around here...for a "license."

Fuckin Stasi.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You gots to pay.  One way or the other.
View Quote

im notmiss prissy says fook em
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#13]
register dogs not guns
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yup.

Fuckin Stasi.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Fuckin Stasi.

$5?

It's $10 here in Fairfax County. I guess everything costs more in NoVA.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yup.

Fuckin Stasi.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Fuckin Stasi.

All this over $5?

common man, either tell them the dog died and don't take it to the vet anymore or just pony up the 5.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

$5?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Fuckin Stasi.

$5?

6$ here
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Dog license?

Yeah, get right on that
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#18]
It's the states way of getting responsible dog owners to foot the bill for the irresponsible ones.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#19]

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

6$ here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Fuckin Stasi.

$5?

6$ here

$3 for a spayed or neutered dog. So, I guess there is a $1 tax on each ball or ovary.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I pay it even though I don't have to.  No one is reported here.  That money supports the shelter and contributes to getting my dog back if he runs off on me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#22]
how much for a cat?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#23]
It's a bullshit tax, but I have seen many indoor dogs that got out returned to their owners because they had a license on. I bought a lifetime license for my pup when I had him neutered and micro chipped. If dumb dumb happens to get lost or picked up some day, I want every chance to be able to find him.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I pay it even though I don't have to.  No one is reported here.  That money supports the shelter and contributes to getting my dog back if he runs off on me.
View Quote

This..
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#25]
It also helps I.D. your precious "....won't bite anybody..." mongrel when they get loose on the kids the next street over.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I got a fine for not re-newing my old dog's tag.  I called and told them she was dead.  Was told I am supposed to notify them of any registered dog's death upon said death.  I faked sobbed on the phone and the penalty was waived.  

My old dog died a few days later.  

Karma is a bitch.

Pay the $6.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

More and more counties are requiring the vets to report this when your dog get the rabies vaccination. My county sent me a notice too and I just ignored it and that was the last I heard about it. Same thing with my sprinkler backflow preventer. They want yearly inspections to be performed by 3rd party inspectors. I've never done that either. They are just looking for ways to get more of your money. Wait till they start charging you for rain runoff.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just say the dog no longer lives at that residence.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#29]
For a free country there's an awful lot of nickel and diming going on!

Dog license, Fishing license, hunting license, property tax, car tag tax, income tax; etc.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, he went to live with his Grandma.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#31]
License? We ain't got no license. We don't need no license. I don't have to show you any stinkin' license!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
how much for a cat?
View Quote

no shit,you can have a dozen and they don't care.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

how much for a cat?

My county pays like $25 for each roadkill you bring in. So go find a dead cat and ask for change.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

More and more counties are requiring the vets to report this when your dog get the rabies vaccination. My county sent me a notice too and I just ignored it and that was the last I heard about it. Same thing with my sprinkler backflow preventer. They want yearly inspections to be performed by 3rd party inspectors. I've never done that either. They are just looking for ways to get more of your money. Wait till they start charging you for rain runoff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

6$ here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Fuckin Stasi.

$5?

6$ here

never heard of a fucking dog license. wtf.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, tell them he went to live with his Mom - and she's a real bitch. Get the money out of her.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's no joke. I work in IT for a neighboring county, and they are already writing the code for runoff. They will determine how many sq. ft of impervious surface area you have (roof, driveway, etc) and charge you a runoff fee based on that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#39]
$15 here if fixed, $30 if not.  We finally got busted, licensed the critters, and now the county wants more $.

Bunch o' theives.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Always pissed me off, cat's did not need a lic., nor rabies shot.
Cats are in the top 3 of rabies carriers, behind raccoons and skunks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I got a fine for not re-newing my old dog's tag.  I called and told them she was dead.  Was told I am supposed to notify them of any registered dog's death upon said death.  I faked sobbed on the phone and the penalty was waived.  

My old dog died a few days later.  

Karma is a bitch.

Pay the $6.
View Quote

Karma does not effect creations of mans largess
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the county is trying to get that,farmers are fighting it hard.they run this county.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Dog license LOL, never heard of such.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#44]
I will not comply.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I got a notice from the city about this bullshit a few years ago also. Absolute bullshit...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#46]

I'm in VA, and we do it.  It only costs $10 in our county.  Although it's a silly PITA to write a check for such a small amount and mail it, we feel it makes the dogs legitimate if/when they go to the vet, Petsmart, Lowes, or wherever else in public.  I'd hate to give a knucklehead LEO having a bad day a legitimate reason to give me grief about our dogs in public.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#47]
It annoys me to me end as well, but the County will have their $10 annual People's Dog Tax.

Asshole are not even close to bright either... they tried totax us twice for the same dog, because we paid under her "full name" and the vet reported under her "every day" name.  THey couldn't put 2 and 2 together and figure out that 1 year old female Golden "Izzie"  was the same as 1 year old female Golden "Isabelle."  

I hate County gov gnomes.  Hate them.  Waste of fucking oxygen, the whole lot of 'em..
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#48]
You can drive an un-registered, un-insured car on your own property, should be able to keep an un-licensed, un-registered dog on it too...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's no joke. I work in IT for a neighboring county, and they are already writing the code for runoff. They will determine how many sq. ft of impervious surface area you have (roof, driveway, etc) and charge you a runoff fee based on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No joke indeed, they're probably basing it off Maryland's rain tax.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top