Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 696
Posted: 12/18/2014 9:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093]
Since the last thread was locked at over 1k pages I started a new one.

Link to old thread is here Click

Link to official wot website for those who wish to read up and download the game. Click

here's a link to some Mods you can install. There are tons of mods to chose from this is just an example really. Click

I personally use OMC Modpack. It has a ton of customization and is very easy to install. http://odemmortis.com/odem-mortis-modpack/http://www.modxvm.com/

if you have any questions, this is the place to ask them. We're not all assholes just most of us

Message Old_Painless for AR-15 clan invites and such. 
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GatMo:

I'm real tempted to buy one myself. From all the reviews I've watched it looks like a fun tank to play. I should know by the end of this week if I got a promotion, if I do I'll reward myself with one.
View Quote
It's an interesting vehicle. I bought one recently and played my first few matches with it yesterday and to be honest I sucked in it.  I need to practice with it since my TD playing lately has been in a T30 or my recently purchased T110E4.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Shung:

FUCK THIS rigged matchmaking.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
And Turbo sucks in casemate TD's so that's saying a lot.
View Quote
Statement of fact.

But any tank that will flat out curbstomp a 110E5 face to face is hard not to do well in.

I love switching to gold and just putting round after round straight through the turret face of heavy tanks who think they're being snazzy trying to bully a light skinned TD. The tier 10's reload is closer to 6 seconds too.

One time I was on Cliff and because of the astonishing speed of that TD made it to the lighthouse. When I went into siege mode I flipped the "Ninja Vanish" switch and though I was plainly in view I had both camo net and binocs and was able to flat out stop the enemy force of heavies from climbing out of their North spawn and they never spotted me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Mission for the T25 today

20 games, be among the top 5 by damage done.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:10:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#5]
Originally Posted By Knightzone:
Mission for the T25 today

20 games, be among the top 5 by damage done.
View Quote
Now it's starting to thin the herd.

ETA: is that for BOTH teams?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:22:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#6]

View Quote
you are looking at it the wrong way, its easier at lower tiers (4-5), just like yesterdays mission was easier on high tiers (9-10)… just pick some lowtier with limited MM, load ~5 premium ammo every game and its super easy
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:28:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#7]
Originally Posted By BigheadCCT:

It's an interesting vehicle. I bought one recently and played my first few matches with it yesterday and to be honest I sucked in it.  I need to practice with it since my TD playing lately has been in a T30 or my recently purchased T110E4.
View Quote
Equipment for it is Different as well.

This is how mine is Setup Per what Saxplayer told me to do. Rammer , Coated optics and Camo net With a Fully Rotating Turret the net never drops down unless u move the hull for some odd reason.

Also about the Gun Depression on the Skorp it gets the Full Gun Depression from the sides only so park side ways and your Golden.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:50:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#8]
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:

you are looking at it the wrong way, its easier at lower tiers (4-5), just like yesterdays mission was easier on high tiers (9-10)… just pick some lowtier with limited MM, load ~5 premium ammo every game and its super easy
View Quote
Oh, I fully understand that I'll be running my T67 a lot today. However, the question still stands, is it for BOTH teams. Guess I need to go find out....

Servers are complete shit today. Was rubber banding the entire 30 seconds I tried to scout.....annnnnnd missed the bush. Spotted. dead.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:22:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#9]

Oh, I fully understand that I'll be running my T67 a lot today. However, the question still stands, is it for BOTH teams. Guess I need to go find out....

Servers are complete shit today. Was rubber banding the entire 30 seconds I tried to scout.....annnnnnd missed the bush. Spotted. dead.
View Quote
I dunno bud but the Enemy just found out what a Tier 6 Machine gun can do

3.6 sec reload with tea and crumpets

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#10]
the game is favoring shitlords and retards today. Tired of theses useless fucksticks from S/A. Fuck them all. God damn worthless, chat recruiting, frijole eating, non driving, TK'ing, imbred, asswipes.  Fuck this shit. 0 for 10 Self imposed 1hr timeout for killing some fuckstick from CABRA. Holy shit, pass the tylenol.....................................
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]
the game is favoring shitlords and retards today. Fuck this shit. 0 for 10
View Quote
yup i got 3 of the missions done im going to stop lagging real bad will do like i did last nigth wait till late to get em done
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Yeah. Even the losers. I've been running the crom b.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

That doesn't seem too hard if you're able to be on either team.  

I'd have my ass in a tank that gets pref MM or tier 9 and would run the Patton, T55/54, or E50. That way I could ensure that I'd be top tier or close more often than not.  

Or the Scorpion. Most people struggle to do 2000 damage per round. That's four whacks on enemies.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Turboguy:

That doesn't seem too hard if you're able to be on either team.  

I'd have my ass in a tank that gets pref MM or tier 9 and would run the Patton, T55/54, or E50. That way I could ensure that I'd be top tier or close more often than not.  

Or the Scorpion. Most people struggle to do 2000 damage per round. That's four whacks on enemies.
View Quote
Tried all that 0 for 10. I was awash in a sea of red and bottom tier every single match. The other team was blues and purples, without fail.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#15]
the game is favoring shitlords and retards today. Tired of theses useless fucksticks from S/A. Fuck them all. God damn worthless, chat recruiting, frijole eating, non driving, TK'ing, imbred, asswipes.  Fuck this shit. 0 for 10 Self imposed 1hr timeout for killing some fuckstick from CABRA. Holy shit, pass the tylenol.....................................
View Quote
You need to calm down man. I am offended by your rant!!! How dare you besmirch frijoles. You need to take those hurtful words back and apologize to frijole kind. One of my top five foods man.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
My solution is they take the NA west server and make it the SA server.  End of problems.  The brazilians seem particularly clueless, no idea why.  What's Portuguese for "potato"?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Tried all that 0 for 10. I was awash in a sea of red and bottom tier every single match. The other team was blues and purples, without fail.
View Quote
What about like a valentine 2 or the German one? Both of which are guaranteed to always be top tier.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:27:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cgrant26] [#18]

View Quote
Yep. Same thing here too. Teams today are complete garbage. Always a blowout, never a close game. Even when I'm on the winning team, the games are over so fast I can hardly get any damage.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#19]
So umm, I'm pretty fucking sure that MM hates my Skorp G or I'm just cursed with it. I literally can't stay alive long enough to do anything

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By cgrant26:

Yep. Same thing here too. Teams today are complete garbage. Always a blowout, never a close game. Even when I'm on the winning team, the games are over so fast I can hardly get any damage.
View Quote
That's the only real complaint. Only the close games are really fun.  They need to squeeze the win rate bell curve so we spend less time at the far ends.  It's not the tank match ups or player skill balance or anything else, it's the can't win / can't lose games that suck the life out of it.  It makes you question if your skill matters and if your skill doesn't matter, why bother playing?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Ugh

Win 10 battles as one of the top three XP earners on your team.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#22]
No problem. Drive a tier 1 - 3 tank and kill noobs in Mittengard.

Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone have any good theories as to why cap circles = shitter repellent?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone have any good theories as to why cap circles = shitter repellent?
View Quote
because blowing shit up is more cool
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have any good theories as to why cap circles = shitter repellent
View Quote
What's the average win rate of all players on the NA server.  

That should tell you everything you need to know.  

Don't get me wrong, I get pissed at some dumbass who decides to cap in his scout when we have the enemies on the run and cornered and we could all be raping those Shitlords mercilessly, but on the whole, they never cap when it's prudent to do so.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#26]
wasn't quite as bad today. I ran nothing but tier 6/7 lights. Made for easy xp.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Not all of us like sending PII to a website so we can get Internet street cred.  

This is my 22nd military year and I'm currently deployed and I've been a member here for 12 years.  

Zero tanks, zero fucks given.
View Quote
Same here :)  Well, not the 22 years part ;)
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#28]
After the ridiculousness of this weekend today's mission isssssssssssssssssssssss:

Be the top damage dealer on your team. Sorry, Crazed, you're gonna have to buy a token today.  :-P
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#29]
After the ridiculousness of this weekend today's mission isssssssssssssssssssssss:

Be the top damage dealer on your team. Sorry, Crazed, you're gonna have to buy a token today.  :-P
View Quote
lol. im probably going to have to buy a few tokens. I have to complete every daily until next monday to get it for free.

I did get today's mission first try in the Type 4 with the 140mm. It only takes a few hits when you are top tier
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
No problem. Drive a tier 1 - 3 tank and kill noobs in Mittengard.

View Quote
The problem with that is the sheer number of people at those tiers who are perfectly willing to do a suicide run just to mag dump on you.  Ask me how I know and why all my low tier tanks are autoloaders.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#31]
There are simply more South Americans than I can overcome. It's starting to look like back when the Vietnamese used to be on our server in the moring.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
There are simply more South Americans than I can overcome. It's starting to look like back when the Vietnamese used to be on our server in the moring.
View Quote
It's been noticeably bad lately. I mean at least half of both teams are non english speakers. This isn't like Europe. We're Murican and we speak murican and generally nothing else. Cohesive teams are harder and harder to come by.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#33]
This is exactly what I've been getting for the past 20ish matches 

'Splain how this works?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#34]

http://i.imgur.com/Kwg6uPX.jpg

'Splain how this works?
View Quote
Yes, I realize that according to Turbo, the biggest problem here is that I can see how badly I'm fucked. I mean besides that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:43:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turboguy] [#35]

Yes, I realize that according to Turbo, the biggest problem here is that I can see how badly I'm fucked. I mean besides that.
View Quote

Hey Meegz was in that battle.  Cool dude.  

That said your team's tank makeup should have won that round easily.  If your top 5 non arties had pushed North with the T26's and the strv going town but staying on the outskirts that's a curbstomp in the making no matter the player makeup.

I'm sure that they screwed it up, though.

Otherwise it was fairly even, skill wise. Personal ratings of 6000 is where I say someone can be a reliable player and, to me, it looks like both teams have the same number of competent players if that's the point you're trying to make.

Now we're it up to me, if you were unable to attain and maintain a specific personal rating you would be unable to purchase, research or play specific tiers. So using WN8, if you were below 1500-1600 WN8, tier 9 would be closed off to you, and 1600-1700 would be for tier X and up.

I mean, if we are means testing various performance ratings as a filter to baddies and South Americans Shitting up games, why not just filter out all the chaff?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#36]

That said your team's tank makeup should have won that round easily.  If your top 5 non arties had pushed North with the T26's and the strv going town but staying on the outskirts that's a curbstomp in the making no matter the player makeup.

Otherwise it was fairly even, skill wise. Personal ratings of 6000 is where I say someone can be a reliable player and, to me, it looks like both teams have the same number of competent players if that's the point you're trying to make.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That looks even to you...

Never mind your idea that a good strat might have won, because you're absolutely correct. But just looking at the numbers, and the idea that we're talking pubs....those numbers looks balanced to you....
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#37]
That looks even to you...

Never mind your idea that a good strat might have won, because you're absolutely correct. But just looking at the numbers, and the idea that we're talking pubs....those numbers looks balanced to you....
View Quote
Looks like the enemy team has a few better players but your team has a far better tank makeup for that map. IMHO you should have won.  

That said, stupid players have bad stats for a reason,  making stupid mistakes, but to say that you couldn't have won is a misnomer.  

It's why I beat the drum of people doing what they should be doing in a given tank will almost always win, stats be damned.  

So yeah, based on the tank makeup, I'll call that even though I know they screwed even that up and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Turbo has a point. I have seen, quite often, a team full of complete baddies rolf stomp blue and unicum teams due to tank makeup and nothing more. Meegz is good people.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#39]

and then, just when I thought it couldn't get better.

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#40]

http://i.imgur.com/Kwg6uPX.jpg

'Splain how this works?
View Quote
Well the bad thing about this kind of match is the assholes that go back to the garage and don't participate. Very hard to overcome when people aren't in the game.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#41]
be one of the top three dmg dealers and win......ten times.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#42]
This tank is broken.

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#43]
TK'd 3 times and counting.

So far the responses have been:

ARG 1

Malvinas Forever you prick

DIE SU100!

lmao

Maybe you guys should trying wining a war sometime. shoots dead tank more
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#44]
be one of the top three dmg dealers and win......ten times.
View Quote
Today is the first T25 Pilot daily mission I have failed.  31 matches, only 2 wins with top 3 damage.  I'm so pissed right now. 

It took me 49 battles to get the mission Sunday (10 wins, top 3 XP).  I thought today might be easier, but was I ever wrong about that.   

How many more days of this bullshit are left?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ArtVandelay:

Today is the first T25 Pilot daily mission I have failed.  31 matches, only 2 wins with top 3 damage.  I'm so pissed right now. 

It took me 49 battles to get the mission Sunday (10 wins, top 3 XP).  I thought today might be easier, but was I ever wrong about that.   

How many more days of this bullshit are left?
View Quote
There were 15 days of missions and you have to complete 13 of them. I think I missed the 1st day but have completed all of them. It took me a loooong time to get today's and the one on Saturday. I think these end on this coming Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:48:01 AM EDT
[#46]

There were 15 days of missions and you have to complete 13 of them. I think I missed the 1st day but have completed all of them. It took me a loooong time to get today's and the one on Saturday. I think these end on this coming Sunday.
View Quote
You guys sound like we did during those campaigns!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Now we're it up to me, if you were unable to attain and maintain a specific personal rating you would be unable to purchase, research or play specific tiers. So using WN8, if you were below 1500-1600 WN8, tier 9 would be closed off to you, and 1600-1700 would be for tier X and up.

I mean, if we are means testing various performance ratings as a filter to baddies and South Americans Shitting up games, why not just filter out all the chaff?
View Quote
Personal rating means little.

In my experience the win ratio is what tells you if the players in your team are going to be useful or not
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#48]
"If you can win a war, you can name the island anything you like"

Spanish rage ensues.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Shung:

Personal rating means little.

In my experience the win ratio is what tells you if the players in your team are going to be useful or not
View Quote
My problem with win rate is that those of us who played earlier in the life of the game would do tank companies and attain astonishingly high win rates, so while I agree with you that win rate is the single best judge of player performance, I am personally prejudiced against it.  

The other thing is that WG tries to keep you at 50% win rate. Whether this is on purpose or not is debatable, but in my experience, there should be a larger disparity in people's win rates and there is not.

That said, I agree that win rate means you tend to do more for your team than not. Someone with a 60+ win rate shouldn't be taken lightly.

You can still easily pad win rate too.  Just run platoons in tier 6 in Cromwells and you could get it to 70% without too much trouble.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#50]

My problem with win rate is that those of us who played earlier in the life of the game would do tank companies and attain astonishingly high win rates, so while I agree with you that win rate is the single best judge of player performance, I am personally prejudiced against it.  

The other thing is that WG tries to keep you at 50% win rate. Whether this is on purpose or not is debatable, but in my experience, there should be a larger disparity in people's win rates and there is not.

That said, I agree that win rate means you tend to do more for your team than not. Someone with a 60+ win rate shouldn't be taken lightly.

You can still easily pad win rate too.  Just run platoons in tier 6 in Cromwells and you could get it to 70% without too much trouble.
View Quote
Probably time to do some soul searching if you find yourself meta gaming the meta game in order to meta the game.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top