Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/17/2014 3:12:56 AM EDT
I bring this up because of the thread for Diamond Darrel.

I brought my GF to a Pantera concert years ago and I said hold onto my beer.

I've never experienced a human maelstrom like that. My nose was bleeding my teeth hurt my chest hurt, everything hurt.

But the music made it all worthwhile I've never had a more anamilstic experience In my life.

God bless the mosh pit, a place where we can throw down without laws. And we all smile at each other.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Never deliberately but I have strayed to close to a boundary and been pulled in.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:15:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Top and bottom molar all the way in the back on my right side were shattered at a Death Before Dishonor show last week

Edit- A buddy of mine had to have reconstructive surgery after going to see the same tour several nights later

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:16:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bring this up because of the thread for Diamond Darrel.

I brought my GF to a Pantera concert years ago and I said hold onto my beer.

I've never experienced a human maelstrom like that. My nose was bleeding my teeth hurt my chest hurt, everything hurt.

But the music made it all worthwhile I've never had a more anamilstic experience In my life.

God bless the mosh pit, a place where we can throw down without laws. And we all smile at each other.
View Quote

About 8 times a year until my joints weren't having any more of it

Old rivetheads don't die.

We just stand in the back and drink beer
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:16:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Wish I'd been old enough to go see a live Pantera show!

I've been in tons of mosh pits. The hardcore fags have kind of ruined them though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Was in a bunch of them back in the 80s.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Many in earlier times, I'd probably get maimed for life now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never deliberately but I have strayed to close to a boundary and been pulled in.

View Quote

But isn't it just a cool experience. The whole battle or going into it if your going to survive. There are no teams your on your own.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Been in a few. wouldn't do another one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:21:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
But isn't it just a cool experience. The whole battle or going into it if your going to survive. There are no teams your on your own.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I've definitely seen teams in mosh pits.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:23:37 AM EDT
[#10]
In the 80's
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:24:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I did that many times in the early 90's. Good times.
I was in Phoenix.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:26:57 AM EDT
[#12]
The stupid fucking hipsters that do the windmill shit now have fucked up the pits. Dumbasses.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:28:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I was never "good" at moshing or really one of the "cool" hardcore guys but I have been in a few mosh pits before and it's pretty fun.

Also, stage-diving, and the post dive crowd surfing is pretty fun as well!

Mosh pits can be pretty entertaining, especially when cripples start to whip their walkers around hitting people in the balls.  I will never forget that moment!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:29:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Not me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The stupid fucking hipsters that do the windmill shit now have fucked up the pits. Dumbasses.
View Quote

Just keep hitting them until they stop..

They always stop.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:29:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I got hit so fucking hard in a mosh pit I lost a contact and got a concussion.

I also saw some idiot get slammed so hard his CCW pistol fell out (retention fail) and people were falling over each other to get away like it was gonna go off on its own on the ground.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:30:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I did that many times in the early 90's. Good times.
View Quote

I've seen this guy party. Definite thrasher.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:30:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Funny story:

I went to the Black Dahlia Murder, All That Remains, Machine Head, Dethklok concert a couple years ago. This drunk dude wanted to body surf, so he asked me to give him a boost. I boosted him up, hands together to lift his foot as he stepped on, and hoisted him towards the crowd.

Do you remember the scene in Black Sheep where Chris Farley stage dives and everyone moves out of the way? That's pretty much exactly what happened to this dude.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:30:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Not me. What am I missing out on?

It sounds like that scary kind of fun. Like the kind of fun you only try a few times before you realise your own mortality.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Not on purpose, got too close and got sucked in at a Pantera concert.  Thrown into the huge skinhead, picked up and tossed like a rag doll. Landed on some chick that liked to kick dudes in the face apparently.  Good times.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:31:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Grew up going to punk and ska shows.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:32:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I also saw some idiot get slammed so hard his CCW pistol fell out (retention fail) and people were falling over each other to get away like it was gonna go off on its own on the ground.
View Quote

Shit, I'd rather see that than my gun disappear, or get stomped into the mud forevermore.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:32:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Funny story:

I went to the Black Dahlia Murder, All That Remains, Machine Head, Dethklok concert a couple years ago. This drunk dude wanted to body surf, so he asked me to give him a boost. I boosted him up, hands together to lift his foot as he stepped on, and hoisted him towards the crowd.

Do you remember the scene in Black Sheep where Chris Farley stage dives and everyone moves out of the way? That's pretty much exactly what happened to this dude.

View Quote

Got dropped flat on my back once in an old asphalt parking lot once surfing. Another time someone stole one of my shoes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:33:18 AM EDT
[#24]
It's been a while, but yeah sure.

Usually there's at least one guy that's throwing elbows or whatever taking pot shots trying to really hurt people, that's lame. I exit that shit real quick.

But, other times there's at least 2 people lifting you up as soon as you start to fall over, those are pretty rad
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:34:44 AM EDT
[#25]
From my mid teens to early 20s
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:34:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
Carabar?

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:35:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I was a regular at Ozzfest for several years. Lot's of mosh pitting.

Been in some nasty moshes. Saw quite a few get way out of control, like taking guys out on backboards out of control.

Too old for that craziness now, still love the music though.

ETA: Kinda funny story. Ozzfest 99. Big, fat, shirtless, drunk, guy throwing punches in the pit, punches a woman. My buddy, a just out of boot Marine, hands me his beer. Then he charges the guy and spears him, dude flipped head over heels, one of his shoes flew off and landed way down in the seating section from the lawn. Drunk fattie in a heap and unconscious. Crowd cheers.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:43:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I was a professional DJ when moshing was rather popular in the 80's and 90's.

We laughed at you fools, you know.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:48:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Nuclear Assualt. Both feet. Right in. Lived it, loved it. Got knocked out and whent
right back in.....
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:49:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Sheeeeeeeeeit.

I was moshing before half you youngins was even born.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:51:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Carabar?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carabar?

What's Carabar look like?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
I worked security a few summers at an ampitheater. Since I was a big guy, I'd get mosh detail.

At the end of the concert us security guys would get together, trade stories, and compare war wounds.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:53:22 AM EDT
[#33]
The only mosh pit I've ever been in was rather civilized compared to what you people are describing. You hit the floor, and there were were immediately five people grabbing you and hauling you back to your feet (and a couple of feet in the air.) Lather, rinse, repeat.

KMFDM, 20th anniversary tour. My ears were totally buggered
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's fun though, or at least it can be (cos it can become unfun real quick if people think it's about hurting people)

but crustpunk dread sweat is pretty nasty, and you might get scabies from them dirty fuckers
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:56:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The only mosh pit I've ever been in was rather civilized compared to what you people are describing. You hit the floor, and there were were immediately five people grabbing you and hauling you back to your feet (and a couple of feet in the air.) Lather, rinse, repeat.

View Quote
They were like that at punk shows in the 80s, unless you were ticking the whole pit off.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:56:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carabar?

It's a punk/hardcore club on Parsons Ave in Cbus.

I saw the same thing happen there

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They were like that at punk shows in the 80s, unless you were ticking the whole pit off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

If you were a dick, you got hurt.

Skinny Puppy, Front 242, Revolting Cocks, Ministry.  Did them all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:00:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carabar?

Is it like a warehouse?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:02:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Yep pick up people who are down.

But ive seen assholes get stomped.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:03:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Is it like a warehouse?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carabar?

Is it like a warehouse?

Nah, Carabar is a actual bar. Bunch of show flyers behind the bar, and some large murals by the pool tables, parking is just a big gravel lot across the street

If you're in Cbus the warehouse'ish place is Dude Locker, but that's over by Crew Stadium

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:06:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My nose was bleeding my teeth hurt my chest hurt, everything hurt.
View Quote

Quoted:
Top and bottom molar all the way in the back on my right side were shattered at a Death Before Dishonor show last week.

A buddy of mine had to have reconstructive surgery after going to see the same tour several nights later
View Quote

Quoted:
About 8 times a year until my joints weren't having any more of it
View Quote

Quoted:
Many in earlier times, I'd probably get maimed for life now.
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Dammit!  I missed out!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#42]
I got temporarily knocked out in a Stabbing Westward pit, trying to help a girl that had fallen down under the crowd.

Some little punk that looked like Billie Joe Armstrong started throwing elbows, and I caught one in the face.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Not on purpose. Saw a guy snap an arm at a 45 degree angle... he was still throwing bows and singing as his buddies carried him away.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Warped Tour 2004 in Fullerton, CA... When Bad Religion came on their crowd was so large it went past some of the other stages. There were multiple mosh pits and I ended up with a bloody nose, kicked some girl in face, punched a few people, lost a shoe (it ended up on stage), and the time of my life.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:19:31 AM EDT
[#46]
I walked in on a preteen-girl slumber party once, does that count?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:23:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Best experience with music ever. It isn't real rock without a mosh pit.

Hardcore fags are ruining witht their Nina kicks though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:30:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Been in a bunch of pits back in my younger years.  Best ever though was Lamb of God, probably 10 years ago...wall of death.  OMFG insanity.

I've since become that guy that either stands near the back (by the beer) or buys VIP reserved seats.      Ahhhh youth.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#49]
About 15 years ago I made the mistake of taking a GF to a Megadeth concert. She didn't know how to dress for it, and insisted she would be fine as-is. She's wearing flat shoes and lots of cheap, fragile jewelry.

Megadeth hits the stage, so we're heading up front. Her ankle-charm bracelet got stomped off her ankle three songs into the set, and she expects me to go find it.

So I'm squatting down to find this fucking thing, and suddenly I'm not getting crushed and kicked. The pit has shifted and I am now the inner-most portion of the barrier wall.

About that time two things happened. First, a skinhead stops to make sure I'm ok, and actually helps me look for it. Second, I find the damn thing within a few seconds and gave the man my thanks.

In hindsight, I would have been much better off tossing her in for a spin-cycle during Wake Up Dead.

ETA: Best pit I ever saw was during Slayer's set on the Clash of The Titans tour. The arena facility had put out folding chairs for the floor seats that were not anchored down. The chairs ended up in a mangled pile by the sound booth, and the pit at times stretched from the stage to that pile of chairs. Smaller pits were forming around the concession areas.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:41:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Yes, a few.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top