Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/3/2014 4:34:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Agree. Most positions choose their positions based on what gets them elected. If they see votes are going to liberal candidates, well, lets be a more moderate Republican.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

We hear about this a lot on this site and how someone is going to teach the Republicans a lesson by letting them lose to the demos.

If you say that, you are a horrible teacher. You are teaching politicians to be more liberal in the future. That is your lesson plan and you don't even know it.

Let's pretend you are a politician and you put your ideology aside and tried to think about how to get elected. Most of them think in terms of votes. There is a great reason for that. It is all that counts.

Then they look at the people who won and what their positions were. Let me repeat that.

Politicians look at the people who won and what their positions were and they re-evaluate and try to get more votes from the people who won.

They don't look at what the people who lost the primaries and what they thought. It is stupid to think anyone who was serious about being elected looked at people who could't even win a primary and attempt to emulate them in an attempt to win.
View Quote
Stupid politicians will take the message you predict.

Smart ones will figure out what happened.

Smart politicians are the ones you want to vote for, anyway.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
WORDS.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
LOUD NOISES.

WORDS.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We hear about this a lot on this site and how someone is going to teach the Republicans a lesson by letting them lose to the demos.

If you say that, you are a horrible teacher. You are teaching politicians to be more liberal in the future. That is your lesson plan and you don't even know it.

Let's pretend you are a politician and you put your ideology aside and tried to think about how to get elected. Most of them think in terms of votes. There is a great reason for that. It is all that counts.

Then they look at the people who won and what their positions were. Let me repeat that.

Politicians look at the people who won and what their positions were and they re-evaluate and try to get more votes from the people who won.

They don't look at what the people who lost the primaries and what they thought. It is stupid to think anyone who was serious about being elected looked at people who could't even win a primary and attempt to emulate them in an attempt to win.

I want to vote for politicians with a chance of winning.

I agree 100% with very few, if any politicians, and I doubt many voters do either. My job as a voter is to pick the best of the worst most of the time.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]
It's time to face facts, all this 'save America' bullshit is a pipe dream.

Small government isn't going to happen, deficit spending isn't going to end, entitlements are here to stay. With te NRA we are powerful enough to hold onto gun rights, but if you think you're going to elect someone who is going to turn us back to the way things were in 1804, ten you're on drugs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Small government isn't going to happen, deficit spending isn't going to end, entitlements are here to stay. With te NRA we are powerful enough to hold onto gun rights, but if you think you're going to elect someone who is going to turn us back to the way things were in 1804, ten you're on drugs.
View Quote

+87

Most will remain drunk on the illusion of choice.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't wait to vote for Christie or Bush in 2016.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I agree 100% with very few, if any politicians, and I doubt many voters do either. My job as a voter is to pick the best of the worst most of the time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Knock yourself out, then. RINOs need love, too.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Me, too. The wood I get just thinking about it forces me to sleep on my back all night.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Yay more white guilt and defeatism.

If America is as dead as you say, then fuck it, what does holding onto a few more years of gun rights matter?

"Hurr 3rd party voting is stupid. Durr we're never going back to conservatism."  Then why do you give a fuck?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread will fall on deaf ears.

I fully support anyone that wants to vote their moral conscience, its the best part about the US.

What I don't understand is how someone can vote against a politician with a less shitty track record. I'm not even talking R, D, L, Green, Ball-Gargling parties. I'm just talking straight politician.
Why would you not vote the most likely candidate that is the closest inline with what you want politically and can win?

Ok, The R's are horrible and have fucked us over, many times in the last decades, I don't think any here can seriously dispute that.

The jump to voting for a candidate that can't actually win, is what I can't get. If there was a politician that had a better voting track record, had ideals that were closer in line to what I believed and was neck to neck with another politician in the polls but then used every Jew, Italian, Hispanic, White slur against me.

Who should I vote for?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sometimes we don't agree. This is not one of those times.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck yes!

Like this guy, smart as they come.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Vote Libertarian!
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Vote Libertarian!
View Quote

Vote Democrat!

That will show the RNC.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I blame Democrats, Libertarians, and Government Unions for the downfall of this nation.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The time to prevent that is the primaries.

Are you involved?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you involved?

Actually, I am going to change from NPA to GOP to be able to vote in the primaries in 2016.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#22]
If politicians actually won elections based on merit and not based on money you all might have a point.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you involved?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you involved?

Can't stop it in an open primary state if the Democrats have an unopposed candidate like they did in 2012.  In open primary states the Democrats just went and voted a liberal RINO for the Republican nominees as spoilers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
That is not the lesson here. That isn't even close to what the message is. When really liberal people win big elections, it makes all the politicians who want to actually get elected ease a little closer to the left. Let's inch them back to the right.

We will NEVER teach anyone any kind of lesson by letting demos win. At least not the lesson some of y'all want to teach.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If America is as dead as you say, then fuck it, what does holding onto a few more years of gun rights matter?

"Hurr 3rd party voting is stupid. Durr we're never going back to conservatism."  Then why do you give a fuck?

That is not the lesson here. That isn't even close to what the message is. When really liberal people win big elections, it makes all the politicians who want to actually get elected ease a little closer to the left. Let's inch them back to the right.

We will NEVER teach anyone any kind of lesson by letting demos win. At least not the lesson some of y'all want to teach.

No one ever inches to the right.  Once you give up your values the only question is how far left will you go.

Voting for someone who works against you 90 percent of the time like the GOP has only tells them that they can count on you voting for them no matter what they do.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you want to make changes in your party, you have to work at the base (the so called 'grassroots').    Get involved in local politics...and make sure the guy you support meets most (you'll never find someone who matches 100% of your political beliefs).     Make sure that guy knows why you are supporting him.   Then, as he becomes local rep, state rep, national, etc...you'll have a good candidate.   He changes his path, he loses the support.      Bitching about what our national level politicians are doing is like the floor worker in the factory complaining about the CEO of the company....he'll find a lot of other people to bitch to, but won't be able to make many changes...when he starts to buy stock and get other like minded people buying stock, then they'll gain some voices...
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
+87

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+87

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm not trying to teach them a lesson.  I'm trying to fire them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll vote for a candidate, but the RNC lost my trust years ago.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck yes!

Like this guy, smart as they come.

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t625/jerri44241/6597878B-ED3A-4CD1-9984-BB2EF362D3FB_zpsyp2we7xs.jpg
You're another solid candidate to replace the banned gonoles on the Trifecta of Derp. Excellent audition for that august post, BTW!

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I blame Democrats, Libertarians, and Government Unions for the downfall of this nation.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
And it seems so obvious, but a lot and I mean a lot of people don't understand it.

Mr. Smith beats Mr Jones in the primary.

Mr Smith loses to Mr. Jackass in the general.

Some people here think that Mr Smith will think he needs to be more like Mr. Jones than Mr. Jackass if he wants to win. AND they really really honestly think that is what will happen. I'm completely convinced they believe that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This ^

I'm glad SOMEBODY gets it.

And it seems so obvious, but a lot and I mean a lot of people don't understand it.

Mr. Smith beats Mr Jones in the primary.

Mr Smith loses to Mr. Jackass in the general.

Some people here think that Mr Smith will think he needs to be more like Mr. Jones than Mr. Jackass if he wants to win. AND they really really honestly think that is what will happen. I'm completely convinced they believe that.

I have no doubt you are convinced of that.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#35]
It aint about teaching lying politicians it is about teaching the gullable idiots who vote for them. but that is equally pointless they are gullable idiots. Said idiots will take any ammount of taxation and debasement so long as the politicians tells they types of lies they like.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Thom Tillis aside, I am proud that I can actually vote FOR Mrs. Virginia Foxx every two years.

As long as Liberals keep referring to her as "the wicked witch of NC" I know she's doing what I expect of her.

I love that tough 'ol Grandma. It's a pleasure to vote for her.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

I disagree.  Having watched this very closely for more than 30 years now I can see hope where as recently as five-ten years ago I had none.  I think Americans are catching on, and much faster than I would have predicted.  Unless we fall much more deeply into Orwell's vision (I know, almost there now) we will demand a return to the some of the fundamental values of America.  If we let them take the guns or Internet freedom then we are doomed, but as you say this is not an easy one for them.  We ride a fine line right now and I do not see us teetering here for long.  I predict we will fall one way (Orwellian) or the other (return to much of what we were).

I think much of what we think America is today is a false narrative imposed on us by the almost totally left-leaning media. This includes FOX News, who only pretend to be the other side.  Most Americans I know, even the democratic leaning ones really do embrace the basic American principles and values.   The problem with many of them still is ignorance of what is really going on.  As they get up to speed with reality they are turning their attention to where it needs to be to change things.  I think we can get there.

We need to all of us be vigilant and take the time to educate those around us that are truly low-information voters.  I'm not ready to give up yet.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:58:49 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It aint about teaching lying politicians it is about teaching the gullable idiots who vote for them. but that is equally pointless they are gullable idiots. Said idiots will take any ammount of taxation and debasement so long as the politicians tells they types of lies they like.
View Quote
That's a bitch-slapping, but one they had coming. I implore you, though: Please work on your spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's a bitch-slapping, but one they had coming. I implore you, though: Please work on your spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I know. I need an editor. I wouldnt give a shit about politics if it wasn't leading towards war.( double negtives I know, but I like it.) Another 15 years like the last 15 and their will be war. It is inevitable. All of this debt will come due, and we are the ones who will be yoked with it. When that happens their will be civil war.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't anymore.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:17:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I blame Americans, as a people they suck.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to teach them a lesson.  I'm trying to fire them.
View Quote

It's not gonna happen without <COC>

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#43]
In 2012 when Congressional approval ratings were at 13%, 90% of House members and 91% of senators who ran for reelection kept their seat.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:26:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In 2012 when Congressional approval ratings were at 13%, 90% of House members and 91% of senators who ran for reelection kept their seat.

View Quote

That chills my blood.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:30:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That chills my blood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That chills my blood.

Everyone wants to throw the bums out, except for their guy who really gets them and is fighting for their interests.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:32:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Everyone wants to throw the bums out, except for their guy who really gets them and is fighting for their interests.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That chills my blood.

50% dont vote and 50% of those who do are really pissed. the devil you know is better then the one you dont and all that. Plus you have major election fraud in most states.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:46:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:00:04 AM EDT
[#48]
I agree only if you refer to those people who do not vote.

Casting a vote for an other party is not the same as staying home.  

By casting a vote for a third party one puts the other candidates on notice.  Essentially saying 'these are the positions I like best.'

If a politician wishes to earn more votes the next time around, he or she can adopt (some of) those positions and attract those voters.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:12:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's so funny about that?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:27:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top