User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 224
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DangerJ:
Read first and this page, skipped middle - do we have a link to the docs that I could read without downloading the app?
View Quote

Very first post.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent.  I'll be donating tonight.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh I'm so motherfucking tagging this!

Good luck on the lawsuit!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Going out shooting right now to celebrate.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#7]
OST
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#8]
In for the third hole
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:28:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xXGearheadXx] [#10]
I'm in.  Funds donated, and i'll give more over time.  

I keenly remember a similar situation to this Prior to the Colorado recalls.  Funds were needed to collect signatures for the recall petition, we donated, and we were successful in removing two of those anti gun @$$clowns from office and forcing the resignation of another.  That was a big deal then.  

I'm worried that in the end, they will simply refuse to hear this case, or a Clinton/Obama appointed judge will rule against it under "because fuck you, i can" reasoning.

In any case, nothing will happen unless we try.   There were a lot of naysayers during the CO recalls, and we still got em.  Godspeed!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Where can I send you a donation?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ClatuVertanictu:

View Quote

http://www.gofundme.com/fmxlnk
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#13]
wanted to do this for years, just didn't have the money ( or cajones )  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By KeithC:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This should be in the first post as well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Great timing.  Love that they have the 60 days to work on this.  Enjoy your holidays boys.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Done.  Donated $50.00.  I can't commit monthly, but will end up giving again.

I really want an SBR, and a happy switch.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Bumbinski  
And an admittedly small donation added.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By justinjluke:

State law trumps federal, unless it regards taxation for federal so there is like 6k pages of ins and outs...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By justinjluke:
Originally Posted By cone256:
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:
Sooo...if we can win a federal lawsuit testing the constitutionality of full auto guns...how the hell can ANY state ban semi-auto "assault weapons?"

Ahem...NY...Ahem Cuomo...Ahem unSAFE act..Ahem NYC who bans about 95% of the long guns suitable for self defense.

That's a good question.  Perhaps it could help those of us in anti-freedom states

State law trumps federal, unless it regards taxation for federal so there is like 6k pages of ins and outs...

Except when it comes to the Constitution.  The states do not have the right to fuck with Second Amendment, and neither does the government.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Best news I have read in a while

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Fucking in fell asleep last night before i could finish reading. Read the complaint, and with my limited understanding of legalese, this looks damn solid to me.

I also second the notion of the fun setting being labeld "NOLO"
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#23]
OST, lets get this shit done!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By blackhawk35440:

Good luck and thank you

View Quote

This x1000000000000

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#25]
This doesn't belong on page 2.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

PDF of the Holder summons?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RyJones:
Direct copy of PDF (right click, save as)

Printed for hopeful historical value.

I may even frame it!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:
TL:DR
View Quote

Commie
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: williewvr] [#29]
Is it just me or do the subgun classifieds seem like the prices are dropping on macs and other low end guns?
If so is it possible some of the "investors" are hedging?

Edit: I'm hoping my MAC drops in value to the amount I paid.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RyJones:
Direct copy of PDF (right click, save as)

I'm hosting PDFs on a fat pipe machine for people that hate scribd. Both PDFs are up there.

I did the same thing for the Cav Arms case,
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Have you received a response to your inquiry about individuals getting approvals for machine guns after 1986?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Godspeed gentleman.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Between this case and the critical OIG report here that came out late yesterday, ATF is having a hell of a Halloween.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Not sure how to word this, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Everyone participating in this, whether it be actively or through donations and/or moral support, wants to have the freedom to exercise the rights that we already constitutionally have and are trying to do so peacefully and within the existing channels of our established legal system. To me, that is huge.

To take the point a bit further, what mancow posted on page 6 highlighted the chasm between the govt and us.

Originally Posted By mancow:
If this whole thing isn't a prime example of rule by fiat nothing is. They literally define and mold the law at will as seen fit to their benefit with no mention of even a remedy to account for the demand of surrender of the rifle (if it had been purchased). A high school government student could see the violations.

It's the simplest evidence that there is no true rule of law anymore.
View Quote

I couldn't agree more. A few posts later, mancow makes another thought provoking post.

Like anything else, "for the children". Case closed...next!  (as in Scalia's comment on limitations in Heller). That's what scares me.
View Quote

Where I'm going with this, I think, is what happens if we get a ruling like mancow fears. What does it tell us, the citizen that knows that we are being denied our constitutional rights and are trying to go about correcting that peacefully? Where do we go from here? It's a spooky scenario. Not one that I would shrink from, but it's definitely thought provoking. I genuinely hope that reasonable people on the .gov side give that some serious thought.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#35]
fuck yeah

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:
Where I'm going with this, I think, is what happens if we get a ruling like mancow fears. What does it tell us, the citizen that knows that we are being denied our constitutional rights and are trying to go about correcting that peacefully? Where do we go from here? It's a spooky scenario. Not one that I would shrink from, but it's definitely thought provoking. I genuinely hope that reasonable people on the .gov side give that some serious thought.
View Quote

One does not discuss such matters in public. We are the good guys.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By krpind:

I'm genuinely curious how the government would argue against it and not conflict with themselves.

I would really like an attorney to take the .gov side as a devil's advocate and give us some idea as to what possible positions they could likely take. Of course wait for Nolo to say he is cool with something like that.

I'm not a lawyer, but even I can see the downfalls to whatever position they take on any issue. They so painted themselves into a box and locked the door from both the inside and outside. lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krpind:
Just finished reading the entire document and exhibits.

If this whole thing isn't a prime example of rule by fiat nothing is. They literally define and mold the law at will as seen fit to their benefit with no mention of even a remedy to account for the demand of surrender of the rifle (if it had been purchased). A high school government student could see the violations.

It's the simplest evidence that there is no true rule of law anymore.

I'm genuinely curious how the government would argue against it and not conflict with themselves.

I would really like an attorney to take the .gov side as a devil's advocate and give us some idea as to what possible positions they could likely take. Of course wait for Nolo to say he is cool with something like that.

I'm not a lawyer, but even I can see the downfalls to whatever position they take on any issue. They so painted themselves into a box and locked the door from both the inside and outside. lol

How? The same way any immense government machine replete with tyranny vying to maintain power fights a legal battle: they do not address the actual argument and instead attack a flank via the large system they've constructed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By williewvr:
Is it just me or do the subgun classifieds seem like the prices are dropping on macs and other low end guns?

View Quote

I've been watching the market over the past few months a little more closely than usual.  I've seen dips in prices on other stuff as well, like  HK sears and Colt M16s.  We're not talking much, generally less than 5% on most stuff if they drop.  It's really dependent on the buyer and the particular offering...there have been some interesting swings.

But I don't think it's related to this honestly.  Fact of the matter is that this site represents a very small portion of all the machine gun owners in the country, and potential owners.  Same goes for subguns and sturmgewehr.  The lawsuit is huge on here, but it really hasn't been nationally recognized by like 95% of potential or current owners.  I think that will slowly start to change, but I wouldn't bet on seeing huge price drops.  As NOLO himself admitted earlier in the other thread, the odds of this being successful are dreadfully low, despite what we all want.  I own two mgs myself and I'm not rushing out at the moment to sell them.  Would I like to see it repealed?  Absolutely.  Do I think it at all likely?  Not really, despite NOLO's approach and well-pled complaint.  I'm just really pessimistic about what courts are going to say and how they're going to interpret the powers of the BATFE and congress to interpret and administrate law in this area.  I keep seeing congressional intent being a major stumbling block.  And I think that there are a lot of other owners, buyers, etc. that believe the same.  I still have donated a bit and will probably do in the future, but as far as hedging against it or seeing the market trend down?  I haven't seen it and I don't plan on it...yet.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:
View Quote

Trust me, I've given this a LOT of thought as well.  Most often while my wife and our two small children are asleep upstairs, leaving me to wonder what their lives would be like if I agitate too much or too little.  I'm getting ready to launch a new site (FB is already up, just need to get the site itself running) that I hope will get more people thinking about it, too, and willing to start standing up for themselves and standing with each other.  

"Spooky" is a good word.  So is "chilling."  A lot of people go on about "fo time" and crap like that but won't do something a simple as vote or make demands of their legislators or protest publicly to keep us from GETTING to "fo time."  God help us all if we need to do more than that.  But the only thing worse would be accepting that we were property, not free citizens.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Summons to Eric Holder and B Todd Jones in first post.  

https://www.scribd.com/doc/245098266/4-Summons-to-Holder-B-Todd
View Quote

The people are comin for you
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Mr. Hollis, you are a true Patriot!  Great work, Nolo.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#43]
E
Originally Posted By david05111:

I've been watching the market over the past few months a little more closely than usual.  I've seen dips in prices on other stuff as well, like  HK sears and Colt M16s.  We're not talking much, generally less than 5% on most stuff if they drop.  It's really dependent on the buyer and the particular offering...there have been some interesting swings.

But I don't think it's related to this honestly.  Fact of the matter is that this site represents a very small portion of all the machine gun owners in the country, and potential owners.  Same goes for subguns and sturmgewehr.  The lawsuit is huge on here, but it really hasn't been nationally recognized by like 95% of potential or current owners.  I think that will slowly start to change, but I wouldn't bet on seeing huge price drops.  As NOLO himself admitted earlier in the other thread, the odds of this being successful are dreadfully low, despite what we all want.  I own two mgs myself and I'm not rushing out at the moment to sell them.  Would I like to see it repealed?  Absolutely.  Do I think it at all likely?  Not really, despite NOLO's approach and well-pled complaint.  I'm just really pessimistic about what courts are going to say and how they're going to interpret the powers of the BATFE and congress to interpret and administrate law in this area.  I keep seeing congressional intent being a major stumbling block.  And I think that there are a lot of other owners, buyers, etc. that believe the same.  I still have donated a bit and will probably do in the future, but as far as hedging against it or seeing the market trend down?  I haven't seen it and I don't plan on it...yet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By david05111:
Originally Posted By williewvr:

I didn't see a big drop and only noticed it on low end items, which is what had me thinking about it. If you had told me in 85 that a MAC would hit $5000 I would of distanced myself from you as I would of been sure you were going to snap at some point. I'm hoping for a good outcome, but if we gain anything I'll be happy. The most probable outcome I can see is trusts get recognized as "people".
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Donation sent. Keep up the good fight.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By NorCal_LEO:

We should call you Enola also in that case.  

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WinterSoldier:
Originally Posted By Undefined:
If the gun control fight were to be described as decades of trench warfare, this is equivalent of launching the Enola Gay on a course for the enemy's capital.

The depth of my pleasure and satisfaction at being a tiny part of this is beyond my ability to express in words. I can only smile and remind myself that someday I will tell the tale to my son and his sons.

It is a Enola Gay alright, and the name is fitting, because they are about to bent over and fucked up the ass, with no lube...

You seem ... familiar.

Boom.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#47]

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes

If the gun control fight were to be described as decades of trench warfare, this is equivalent of launching the Enola Gay on a course for the enemy's capital.

The depth of my pleasure and satisfaction at being a tiny part of this is beyond my ability to express in words. I can only smile and remind myself that someday I will tell the tale to my son and his sons.

It is a Enola Gay alright, and the name is fitting, because they are about to bent over and fucked up the ass, with no lube...

You seem ... familiar.
Do we ever get feedback on who they were previously known as?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:13:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nagewaza624] [#48]

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes

You seem ... familiar.

BOOM!  HEADSHOT!

ETA: Again by minutes

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#49]

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes

You seem ... familiar.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zanemasterx] [#50]
It can go three ways:

1. They rule against him, but don't give the ATF power to arbitrarily revoke tax stamps. We are back at square one. Law enforcement loophole is carved out.

2. They rule in favor of the defendant, citing Miller. Machine guns are now able to be manufactured by unincorporated trusts. People can make machine guns with a form one now.

3. They give the ATF power to arbitrarily revoke stamps. We're fucked.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 224
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top