Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2014 7:41:05 PM EDT
How is it that Africa is still 1000+ years behind the rest of the civilized world. I mean can you have the discussion without sounding racist?

Why dont we hear of more African-Americans trying to help their "home" land. Im just amazed that they are still in the dark ages.

I cant help but think the folks that got taken from there put their current relatives in a much better situation years later. (I get how horribly some payed)
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Birthplace of civilization.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Lucky Africa.  Less to worry about when it comes to solar flares knocking out their society.  When you live in a mud hut, electricity is something you see when you go to the big city. You never know about a blackout and wouldn't know if there was one anyway.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Dogs in america are much more civilized - those african dogs are fucking animals!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#5]

America , ie , whitey is holding them down OP. duh....
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dogs in america are much more civilized - those african dogs are fucking animals!
View Quote

Not true.  

African wild dogs have a hierarchical society that functions very well according to ability and need.  Elderly, ill, injured and young dogs are not expected to help and are cared for.  The rest work to feed the pack and raise the pups.

ETA:  Yeah I get that this was a typical GD attempt at humor.  But as a dog-lover, I see way too much ignorance wrt to dogs out there.  I just couldn't let this go.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL
I bet if I took my spoiled ass lab to Africa he would be like WTF? Uuuuhhhh no!
Where's my sleeping mattress and air conditioning?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Our unit was tasked with standing by in Mombasa, Kenya in case we needed to evacuate our embassy in Rwanda during the big to-do with the Hutus and Tutsis. Of course, all of the African-American Marines in our squadron were at the head of the line of volunteers so that they could go BACK TO AFRICA! see their MOTHERLAND! The skipper obliged as many as he could.

When they got back, they all--TO A MAN--said the same thing, "Man, I'm glad y'all brought our a$$ over here. F*** that place."

And they were in a major city--a "civilized" area.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Birthplace of civilization.
View Quote

If civilization was really born there and they are so far behind it shows that DNA, evolution and Darwin are correct.

Also, looking at the exemplar in the White House and how it just pushes its own race down, Africa could not be better anyway.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw a dead baby in rural Iraq and knew it was fresh because dogs had not eaten it.  Not sure why, but is one of the many things I think about.   It was on a dirt road leading to a graveyard and I guess it was young parents wanted to have their first child buried, but could not afford the price so tossed the deceased child on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Cradle of civilization bro.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#13]
West Africa, born and raised, in dirty mud puddles is where I spent most of my days....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I saw a dead baby in rural Iraq and knew it was fresh because dogs had not eaten it.  Not sure why, but is one of the many things I think about.   It was on a dirt road leading to a graveyard and I guess it was young parents wanted to have their first child buried, but could not afford the price so tossed the deceased child on the side of the road.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, American dogs eat our citizens while they are still alive.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

So poor they couldn't afford to dig a hole?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats only pitbulls.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#18]
IBTL.

5 pages, 2 locks is my prediction.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thats only pitbulls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats only pitbulls.

Didn't Ving Rhames have a few Bullmastiffs and an English Bulldog that were chowing down on his gardener when he passed away a few years back?

ETA: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20172667,00.html

Dogs are opportunistic, and will scavenge dead animals for food if they want food. Not a breed specific issue, basic dog behavior.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Didn't Ving Rhames have a few Bullmastiffs and an English Bulldog that were chowing down on his gardener when he passed away a few years back?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats only pitbulls.

Not familiar with Ving or his pups.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#21]
What "America, 2016" and see what Obama's half brother said.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not familiar with Ving or his pups.
View Quote

Updated my post with a link. Initially it was thought his dogs mauled and ate the dude, turns out, dude died of natural causes, and dogs will be dogs, they came across the corpse on the property and scavenged some food.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cradle of civilization bro.
View Quote

Beat me to it, and the 'Bread Basket' while the Minority was farming it.
Then, minority was killed, driven out, is waste land now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
West Africa, born and raised, in dirty mud puddles is where I spent most of my days....

View Quote

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And shootin up black-h outside the burned down UN school
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Toby

Chicken George
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wondered the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When a couple'a guys, who had no food, started making trouble for my neighbor Mamood.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#29]
The reason they are still in the stone age is because they refuse to build anything.

We keep sending money over there. Been doing it for decades. And instead of taking advantage of the help to improve their living conditions, they use the extra resources we send them to multiply. The more we feed them, the more they reproduce.

If they would stop eating and fucking long enough to build something they could considerably improve their living conditions. I mean seriously, if everyone in those countries would take 10 minutes a day to start building a sewer system and indoor plumbing they would be so much better off.

We should be sending them pipes and manhole covers instead of corn and rice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

They ain't in Detroit...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10/03/police-man-loses-hands-feet-in-detroit-dog-attack/
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How is it that Africa is still 1000+ years behind the rest of the civilized world. I mean can you have the discussion without sounding racist?
View Quote

Well, "being bass-ackwards and never having left the stone age until some colonial power showed up" isn't a race, so it's not like it's racist to point it out.   I mean sure, parts of the continent got a good bit beyond that, but that's about the way of it.

Here is a thought for you; cultures living elsewhere advanced because they had to simply to live there in the first place.    If you can just run around naked with a pointy stick because you won't freeze to death, and all you have to do is stab something and eat it when you're hungry, then why would you go beyond pointy sticks?   What reason would there be?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well, "being bass-ackwards and never having left the stone age until some colonial power showed up" isn't a race, so it's not like it's racist to point it out.   I mean sure, parts of the continent got a good bit beyond that, but that's about the way of it.

Here is a thought for you; cultures living elsewhere advanced because they had to simply to live there in the first place.    If you can just run around naked with a pointy stick because you won't freeze to death, and all you have to do is stab something and eat it when you're hungry, then why would you go beyond pointy sticks?   What reason would there be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you doing over there?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#33]
You can find photos of dogs eating the dead in India also.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Why dont we hear of more African-Americans trying to help their "home" land. Im just amazed that they are still in the dark ages.

I cant help but think the folks that got taken from there put their current relatives in a much better situation years later. (I get how horribly some payed)
View Quote

Liberia was founded by Americans.  Monrovia, the capital, was named for James Monroe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

stabbing something to eat with a pointy stick
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He must not be very good at it, he's been gone a while.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh!

So

IN.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pissing off stodgy farts on Arfcom, generally.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While running around nekkid with a pointy stick? You'll put your eye out with that thing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Tsetse fly.

Pretty much limited farming and allowed the fauna to remain in the Pleistocene.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Toby

Chicken George
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

When a couple'a guys, who had no food, started making trouble for my neighbor Mamood.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got in one little fight and my imam got scared.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:38:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Said your going to auntie wakeems, where theres ebola in the air.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Liberia was founded by Americans.  Monrovia, the capital, was named for James Monroe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh yes, one of those ironic historical moments when freed slaves from the US went back to Africa to live in peace and harmony, well not so much peace and harmony as subjugate the people already living there and establish a southern style plantation society.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top