Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/29/2014 11:06:24 PM EDT
Anyway. I'm not the leasing guy, i'm the asshole hunting on it.

Why can i do this and feel the need to post a CSB thread?

I met this years lease holder for the first time while i was doing some squirrel hunting on it the other day. The Leasing guy is very but hurt about it and was very much an ass.  If he would of been cool about it i would probably of shared some of my knowledge of the area. He was an ass tho so i have chosen to be childish and screw with him every chance i get.

Hopefully i can kill this years monster buck and completely rub it in.

As to how i'm allowed to do this, First off they fail to read the full lease agreement 99% of the time, the owner has reserved right to allow friends to hunt on it while leased this is one of the reasons its leased for such a cheap price.

As to anyone that thinks this will affect people leasing it the next year someone always leases it.  A fool and there money, well you know.

Any way CSB
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I write leases airtight because of people like you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I for one would definately try to piss off a guy who hides in camo with a rifle on the same land I use...

CSB
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
You must get all the girls at parties op
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#4]
the first question i would have asked was...... does anyone else have permission to hunt here besides me??  if the answer was yes, then id damn sure not lease it. why the hell would i spend my time, and money getting land, and probably improving it for animals with plots and such, for some other yahoo to wander around shooting my crop of animals?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
No shit.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Who's being childish again, OP?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Golden Rule, you might have some room to implement it in your life.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe the leaser was not told about this up front .
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I would not gloat about that behavior, especially here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't blame it on me my father was here and now i'm here, if you don't want to have us there they are more than welcome to NOT lease it and do lease some land that's 10 times more expensive border the state AND federal land or that's the same price does yet doesn't not border the state AND federal land..

Its his own fault for staring out with the tough guy THIS IS MY LAND! WHY YOU ON MY LAND! GET OFF MY LAND RAWR RAWR RAWR. All he had to do was act civil he chose not to.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

What better place than one full of people that lease land.

He has to pay hes from out of state, i'm a friend of the land owner and have been fore a long time so i'm free.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don't blame it on me my father was here and now i'm here, if you don't want to have us there they are more than welcome to NOT lease it and do lease some land that's 10 times more expensive border the state AND federal land or that's the same price does yet doesn't not border the state AND federal land..

Its his own fault for staring out with the tough guy THIS IS MY LAND! WHY YOU ON MY LAND! GET OFF MY LAND RAWR RAWR RAWR. All he had to do was act civil he chose not to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you like childish games
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Its in the paper he signed. He signed it and payed the money he must be ok with it.

Quoted:
the first question i would have asked was...... does anyone else have permission to hunt here besides me??  if the answer was yes, then id damn sure not lease it. why the hell would i spend my time, and money getting land, and probably improving it for animals with plots and such, for some other yahoo to wander around shooting my crop of animals?

Really?

I set/maintain stands/blinds, i keep the trails clear.

I even make sure there's water during the duck season.

I keep the beavers away so the trees don't all die.

The land owner gets $600 a acre from the gov for letting it become wild life land AND gets money from morons that have to rent hunting land.

I get a good free place to hunt for my part time work.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, this wont go the way the OP planned.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why is it...that when someone is being a complete retard, they go with the "holier than thou" defense?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Gosh, I can remember the old days when people that acted like a dick didn't run around and tell everybody about it.  It was almost like they were a little ashamed of it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#18]
How old are you.....12?

Threads like this remind me how much I dislike people in general.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Why is it...that when someone is being a complete retard, they go with the "holier than thou" defense?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Along with horrible grammar and spelling fore the whole thread.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Its in the paper he signed. He signed it and payed the money he must be ok with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just out of curiosity OP, have *you* seen the lease agreement?

I'm betting not.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yep, this wont go the way the OP planned.

View Quote

What?

It's going exactly the way he planned.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been assured many times that living in a rural area was a trouble free utopia.
Everyone needs to keep this story in mind for when they think they are going to "bug out" to the boonies, either as a complete stranger, or a partime visitor.

You aren't going to be welcome with open arms.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Lol. I like it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#24]
OP could end up feeding the hogs the hard way.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

And didn't read the lease.

I guess I'd be kind of pissed too if I felt the intrusion of other hunters might slim my chances. Their land and their rules.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Really?

I set maintain stands, i keep the trails clear.

The land owner gets $600 a acre from the gov for letting it become wild life land AND gets money from morons that have to rent hunting land.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

I set maintain stands, i keep the trails clear.

I get it OP, nothing pisses me off more than the asshole leasing it being a fucktard when the land owner grants permission.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#27]
wow, you kind of sound like a huge asshole
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Really?

I set/maintain stands, i keep the trails clear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

I set/maintain stands, i keep the trails clear.

not everyone gets to freeload off their buddies land and hunt for free on someone else's lease.

Some "morons" actually have to spend their hard earned money to hunt.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have been assured many times that living in a rural area was a trouble free utopia.

Everyone needs to keep this story in mind for when they think they are going to "bug out" to the boonies, either as a complete stranger, or a partime visitor.

You aren't going to be welcome with open arms.
View Quote

Also, meth is a pretty rampant issue in bfe
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I get drinking and trolling ARF, God only knows how much I do it. I get doing dickish things to people on the internet. I get being a dick on the internet. I don't get being a dick in real life and rushing to tell everyone on the internet. What's the motivation?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He has to pay hes from out of state, i'm a friend of the land owner and have been fore a long time so i'm free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't lease to hunt on anyone else's land. But I have run into fine folks like you once in awhile. Never seeing your own actions in setting the ball rolling.
Both you and your good 'ol bud landowner are screwing the guy who paid for a hunting lease in good faith, so no, jackass, it's not his fault. You are the offending party.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I used to guide these same useless people, for good money then one day i decided hunting was feeling like work and it wasn't fun any more, they are to much trouble and bitch and moan too much.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Pissing armed strangers off in the woods.

What could go wrong?

Anyway, owner of the land with such crazy lease clauses sounds the root of all the asshattery.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

How old are you.....12?

Threads like this remind me how much I dislike people in general.
View Quote
It's not so much in general, just "certain" types.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm not saying you're a dick OP.

But most people who do stuff like you did are.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I used to guide these same useless people, for good money then one day i decided hunting was feeling like work and it wasn't fun any more, they are to much trouble and bitch and moan too much.
View Quote

Honest to god OP, you sound like you're about 4 years old.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lol. I like it.
View Quote

Some will most wont.

Before its over you will see who rents land and who doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, you're a real hero.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Aunt-mom would be so proud!

Hey... It's in Arkansas so I made an assumption.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Shit like the OP pulled may cause his buddy the Leasor to lose the ability to lease said property in the future, which could easily cause the OP to be permanently banned from hunting on the land. OP may think that he can pull that shit and it will not effect his Buddy from leasing the land, word of this shit tends to get around.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What could go wrong?

Anyway, owner of the land with such crazy lease clauses sounds the root of all the asshattery.

View Quote

Assuming that such a lease clause exits.  Probably a 50% chance that the owner said, "it's my land, I can give permission to hunt on it to anyone I want" in spite of the fact that he sold the hunting rights.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hunt thousands of acres that belong to good friends.

I pray I would NEVER have the entitled attitude you have regarding hunting with  friends.

You seem to confuse being a guest with the title holder of the property.

You are the hunting world's version of the FSA.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

im not saying that you dont do some of these things. im just saying if it was me, i would not mess with it.  i bought my own land last year, not a ton but i got 123 acres of my own land now, so i have a place to hunt of my own.

my buddy owns 3000 acres, and he leases out around 1000. the leased out land, only he can hunt, with the lease people, i stick to the other 2000 which i have permission to hunt. or i stick to the national guards training area, which is very lightly hunted.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I actually own land. It's in the south and there is about 300,000 acres of publicly available land to hunt in the same county, 16,000 of which is adjacent to my land. I still have lots of people complain that I don't lease it out. I wonder why.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#46]
"Oh shit!! Sorry bro, I thought you were a deer"

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Assuming that such a lease clause exits.  Probably a 50% chance that the owner said, "it's my land, I can give permission to hunt on it to anyone I want" in spite of the fact that he sold the hunting rights.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What could go wrong?

Wording is layed out in such a way as.

I'm the care taker.
I maintain it in doing so i'm granted the ability to hunt the land, its right there in the lease these people read and sign its in more words than that but ether way.

I was civil in dealing with the people that lease it. Unless they prove themselves to be assholes from the start.

I will still kill a bigger dear and get to the better spots first. Simply because i'm here YEAR AROUND and know it better than the flavor of the season renters.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Okay, land owner is friends with OP and allows OP to hunt on his land for free.

Land owner also leases land to 'strangers' for cash with terms that allow 'land owner friends' to also hunt there.

OP is right that that the leaser was a moron for not reading the lease and jumping to conclusions and being unfriendly.

If all OP does is keep his knowledge to himself and outhunts the leaser, OP is okay in my book.  However, the way OP presents the story and himself, OP seems to be a giant dick.  OP is probably greatly running down the value of the hunting lease.  Not sure I'd be okay ruining the value of a friend's property.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#49]
OP? You're an awesome bro, bro.

In recognition of this fact, I have carefully and lovingly crafted you a gen-yoo-eyne American Indian Hunting Cap, which is sure to bring you the best luck when worn hunting...

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#50]
A. Got our own farm so no need to lease.
B. I wouldnt lease a property unless I had sole discretion in who gets to hunt or not.
C. If I did happen to be the guy in Ops story and Op wanted to play asshole, Id just post a notice in the paper opening the land to all my new friends to share my lease with me.
Along with pics from my trail cam of the biggest bucks I could find on the internet.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top