Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/18/2014 10:03:31 PM EDT
Kind of shocked. I went over to meet the man and his wife the other day and they were both VERY standoffish.

They moved in a week ago, and I received a mailer today that has his mugshot and some vague information related to the crime.

He is 32 years old now, and he was convicted of "Sexual Assault of a Child" 12 years ago when he was 20 years old. The victim was a 15 year old female. The mailer doesn't say anything else about the crime. Doesn't state that it was a forced rape, or if it was consensual but she was too young.

Not sure what to think about it.

Any suggestions of what I should or shouldn't do?

EDIT: I googled his name and nothing came up regarding the case. Nothing in the media about it, which I find strange.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Kind of shocked. I went over to meet the man and his wife the other day and they were both VERY standoffish.

They moved in a week ago, and I received a mailer today that has his mugshot and some vague information related to the crime.

He is 32 years old now, and he was convicted of "Sexual Assault of a Child" 12 years ago when he was 20 years old. The victim was a 15 year old female. The mailer doesn't say anything else about the crime. Doesn't state that it was a forced rape, or if it was consensual but she was too young.

View Quote

Do you have kids?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have kids?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have kids?

3 of them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Put a camera on your roof
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

3 of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have kids?

3 of them.

Burn down the house.

Your choice of who's house.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The 20 yr old dude fucked his 15 old girlfriend and got caught.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
20 and 15, there is no excuse or justification for that. I'm sure it won't be too hard to make the pervert feel very uncomfortable and very unwelcome
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#7]
whatever you do, don't talk about it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I probably wouldn't think much of it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Them being standoffish is probably a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#10]
5 years isn't a big deal
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure more searching on the Internet can shed light on the specifics of the crime.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

3 of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have kids?

3 of them.

You better keep an eye on him then.

It sounds like if she was a year older nothing might have happened to him in some states, and that it was probably more consensual than not. But you never know. What happened has obviously effected him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

EDIT: I googled his name and nothing came up regarding the case. Nothing in the media about it, which I find strange.
View Quote

OP, you in Cedar Park/Leander area? Seen some posts about this in a neighborhood group on Facebook.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I would be worried if he was truly a pedo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

OP, you in Cedar Park/Leander area? Seen some posts about this in a neighborhood group on Facebook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like this.  I don't think I would be too worried, especially since this happened 12 years ago and he hasn't "re-offended" since.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Double check to make sure the 15 year old girl isn't the woman he's married to.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year cousin when he was 22, and he wrote Great Ball of Fire.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote

Nice to see someone local. I'm about 5 minutes north of you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#21]
this every chance you get

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#22]
There is not much you can do about it other than keep an eye on your kids and events in the neighborhood. If it is like most neighborhoods, people really don't know or see each other.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

[will hayden] Have you seen 15 year olds lately? Must be the hormones in the milk.[/will hayden]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Dig a little deeper and find out the EXACT information about the case. It's all public record although it might cost a few dollars to have the state dig up the court documents.

IMO, these "Sex Offender" websites are grossly mismanaged... As you've found there is often little or no details available. If someone is on permanent public hanging, I'd at least expect them to clearly explain the charges and convictions.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Shit, it's legal here

http://www.ageofconsent.us/state-laws/

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I wouldn't befriend him, but that's me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Camera system around your house, home alarm with key-fobs panic button. Show the picture of the man to the kids and explain to them he is bad bad bad.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep.

[will hayden] Have you seen 15 year olds lately? Must be the hormones in the milk.[/will hayden]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

He went all Hayden on her ass.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
5 years isn't a big deal
View Quote

So at 16 and 11 is totally ok?!? OK so lets assume a preexisting relationship (romeo and Juliet laws) he is 17 she is 12?? any better?? 5 years at that age is a HUGE amount. .
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

It was his will that was to be done.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

[nopedo] This [/nopedo]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the most likely outcome and the parents of the girl found out and because their princess is no longer a princess they went after the guy.

Trust but verify.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#33]
You should make him do the sex offender shuffle just in case. I heard it lowers the recidivism rate.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#34]
You're kinda shocked ? Really ? Va State Police website has a search function for sex offenders . You can search by zip code and it gives a map with their addresses. In our gated community there are a dozen.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
20 and 15, there is no excuse or justification for that. I'm sure it won't be too hard to make the pervert feel very uncomfortable and very unwelcome
View Quote

Dude, go ask your Grandparents how old they, or their friends were when they got married.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Double check to make sure the 15 year old girl isn't the woman he's married to.

View Quote

I have a neighbor (8 or so houses down) with that story.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since you were lead prosecutor on the case guess that chick told the truth to the guy that she was 18.

Give me a fucking break. You and I don't know but go ahead and judge away. Some girls who are 15 look like they are 20 and lie about their age. SMH
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Its the ones you didnt get a flyer about that you need to worry about.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#39]
The girl probably said she was 18. I have seen a bunch of 15 yr olds that could pass for 18 and above.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

This happens to a lot of guys. Two consenting humans but only one is LEGALLY allowed to consent.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Ever been to Germany as a young soldier? If so, you've probably screwed an under-aged female, I know I did. No, I'm not proud of it, and ejected posthaste as soon as I found out. They breed 'em...........um, a little different over there.

I have a teenage daughter, and I am the biggest hater of Pedo's. Once you have kids, you change your outlook on the shit you've seen in life.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
So at 16 and 11 is totally ok?!? OK so lets assume a preexisting relationship (romeo and Juliet laws) he is 17 she is 12?? any better?? 5 years at that age is a HUGE amount. .

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

5 years isn't a big deal

Both the law and science recognize that a 15 year-old is both mentally and physically more mature than an 11- or 12-year old.  Which is why in some states a 20 year-old having sex with a 15 year-old is perfectly legal.

In most cases, an 11- or 12-year old hasn't even started puberty yet.  In most cases, a 15 year-old is capable of having children.  Huge difference.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#44]

That has new meanning today
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Its the ones you didnt get a flyer about that you need to worry about.

View Quote

This X 1,000.  It likely means they don't want the attention, because they're probably up to no good.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

20 and 15 is wrong, and I would support prosecution but I wouldn't care much if he lived in the neighborhood. ( Unless it was forced rape and it probably wasn't...)

I really doubt a guy who committed statutory rape to a 15yr old over a decade ago is much of a threat.

I'd just warn your kids to stay away from him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Heaven forbid you go straight up ask them, see what he says and check it against the court records. Theres a HUGE difference between her 15years 10 months and him 20, and him 20 and dumping her full of roofies and raping her.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years isn't a big deal

The possibility exists for it to have been a high school relationship.  If he was closer to 4 years older than her, say he just turned 20 and she was about to turn 16.  She could have been a Freshman when he was a Senior in high school.

I'm not saying that is the case, but it's a very good possibility with that small of an age difference for it to have been something completely different than it seems on the surface.

If I were you, I'd dig a little deeper OP to make sure you know what the backstory is.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet you could find similar examples in your own family within the twentieth century.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I bet you could find similar examples in your own family within the twentieth century.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Dad is 9 years older then my Mom.

the shame
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top