Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/29/2014 3:16:01 AM EDT
Did a Google site search of arfcom didn't see this posted. Longmire has been canceled by A&E. Will apparently be shopped to other networks.

‘Longmire’ Cancelled By A&E, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere
http://deadline.com/2014/08/longmire-cancelled-by-ae-will-be-shopped-elsewhere-826379/

Longmire, A&E Network’s most-watched original drama series of all time, will be ending its run on the cable network after three seasons. In a surprising move, the network has opted not to renew the series for a fourth season. I hear Warner Horizon, the studio behind Longmire, will be shopping it immediately. “We would like to thank the phenomenal cast, crew and producers of Longmire, along with our partners at Warner Horizon, for their tireless work on three seasons of quality dramatic storytelling,” A&E said in a statement. “We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved together.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:19:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Noooooooooo!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:20:56 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF?

"We've got a great thing - let's CANCEL IT."
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:23:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF?

View Quote

Coming soon, wrestling, and a reality show focusing on some as yet undetermined group of useless low lives.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I liked the show but it had kind of gone off the wheels stupid in the last season.  They left us hanging on branch and his fathers situation. but the whole thing was kind of unbelievable.  I would like to see it come back but I doubt it will be picked up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:25:48 AM EDT
[#5]
no gay characters. Not a bad show, Some of the episodes are a weak caused by outlandish scenarios. I will watch if it ends up another network.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Well that's too bad.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:26:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:26:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well I liked the show but it had kind of gone off the wheels stupid in the last season.  They left us hanging on branch and his fathers situation. but the whole thing was kind of unbelievable.  I would like to see it come back but I doubt it will be picked up.
View Quote

Haven't seen season 3, have to wait for it to make it to Netflix. Not terribly shocked to hear it, though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:28:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did a Google site search of arfcom didn't see this posted. Longmire has been canceled by A&E. Will apparently be shopped to other networks.

‘Longmire’ Cancelled By A&E, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere
http://deadline.com/2014/08/longmire-cancelled-by-ae-will-be-shopped-elsewhere-826379/

Longmire, A&E Network’s most-watched original drama series of all time, will be ending its run on the cable network after three seasons. In a surprising move, the network has opted not to renew the series for a fourth season. I hear Warner Horizon, the studio behind Longmire, will be shopping it immediately. “We would like to thank the phenomenal cast, crew and producers of Longmire, along with our partners at Warner Horizon, for their tireless work on three seasons of quality dramatic storytelling,” A&E said in a statement. “We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved together.”
View Quote
View Quote

Why does it seem that all networks are run by retards?
They always cancel the most popular shows, and the piece of Shit shows run 20 seasons
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Show got slow, quit watching it a while ago.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:33:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I never cared for the show because despite the interesting characters the typical episode story line was predicable Hollywood cookie cutter rehash but my wife loves the show and will be sad to see it go.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:35:13 AM EDT
[#12]
It was cancelled due to the Sheriff always carrying his 1911 with the hammer down
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:40:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I liked it.

Indian: I think you should have called 911.

Sheriff Longmire: I am 911.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:40:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Shame. Hope it gets picked up somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:40:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I think we are in the middle of a huge change in how shows will be marketed. With the invention of internet TV, cable is starting to feel the pinch. I for one dropped my cable and saved $80 a month. I don't miss it one bit. I watch Netflix and such.

I think you will see traditional cable networks scaling back as their revenues fall. These networks are caught between a rock and a hard spot given their contracts with the cable providers. There is not enough business on the internet side for them to jump ship as of yet. This decision to sell the series could be nothing more than them trying to maximize their profits.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:47:16 AM EDT
[#16]
While the show started getting somewhat predictable it was a good kind of predictable.  I hope another network picks it up...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
While the show started getting somewhat predictable it was a good kind of predictable.  I hope another network picks it up...
View Quote

and to make it better...
1. They film in Wyoming.
2. Someone teaches Walt about Cocked and Locked
3. Some better writing
4. Katee and Cassidy get naked, preferably together.

Viola, major improvement.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:05:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Shit.  Why do they keep canceling shows I like while all the crap shows I can't stand stay on...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:09:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

1. They film in WyomingNew Mexico and say it is Wyoming
3. Some better writing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. Some better writing

Fixed #1
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:16:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Longmire, A&E Network’s most-watched original drama series of all time, will be ending its run on the cable network after three seasons.
View Quote

Why do they drop the good shows?  It doesn't appear to be a show that costs a lot of money to produce.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:20:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Fixed #1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. Some better writing

Fixed #1

I think he knows it's filmed in New Mexico...His list is what he'd like to see if another company picks up the show.........
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#23]
WHY?

1) Show is not politically correct. No gay or black characters. Every perp is not automatically the white guy like CSI/SVU etc.
2) Demographics skews older and white. Advertisers want young viewers
3) Scripted dramas are more expensive to produce then reality shows and cut into the bottom line.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:23:54 AM EDT
[#24]
My 'ol lady is not gonna be happy...she loves that show.  Personally, I find it boring as hell.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:24:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:24:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
WTF?

View Quote

Its called the 'FireFly' effect
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:26:04 AM EDT
[#27]
So............why do you cease production on a very successful show??
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:26:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Probably getting a little too touchy with white LEO's and their involvement with different ethnicities for the current times knowing A&E...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:27:40 AM EDT
[#29]
They should've stuck with the books, one or two books per season.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Damn
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#31]
With only three seasons,they should have called it Shortmire.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#32]
So will this end up being like; who shot JR? We'll always be left wondering; did Branch shoot his father?

Damn first the kill off the Glades leaving fans with the cliff hanger of the main character getting shot on his wedding day. Now this. Damn you A&E, damn you!

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#33]
The stories felt a little simplistic and over the top.  That one scene where his tires are shot out by another cop and it's like nbd?  

Doesn't need to be 'the wire' but at least try...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Please be another 'Netflix Original'
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I liked the show but I didn't watch S3 at all since I have deleted A&E from the channel guide.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Show was good, it did its job and entertained me.

Fuck A&E, they will replace it with some Honey Boo Boo Big Schmo fucking trailer trash piece of shit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:40:05 AM EDT
[#37]
That pisses me off, hope someone picks it up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:41:40 AM EDT
[#38]
I watched the first two seasons or so, but it was breaking my suspension of disbelief at that point.  Just can't really reconcile 'sleepy rural county' with that many murders in so short a time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:43:28 AM EDT
[#39]
One of my favorite shows, but it is probably not progressively liberal enough for the A&E execs.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:45:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Shit.  Why do they keep canceling shows I like while all the crap shows I can't stand stay on...
View Quote

TV is a reflection of the viewing public.
there's a lot of morons out there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:48:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Idiocracy in action...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Meh, I liked the actors but got bored with the whodunit stories.
View Quote

Interesting.  I liked the whodunit stories but was bored with the actors.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:49:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Good riddance. Crap show.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:49:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think we are in the middle of a huge change in how shows will be marketed. With the invention of internet TV, cable is starting to feel the pinch. I for one dropped my cable and saved $80 a month. I don't miss it one bit. I watch Netflix and such.

I think you will see traditional cable networks scaling back as their revenues fall. These networks are caught between a rock and a hard spot given their contracts with the cable providers. There is not enough business on the internet side for them to jump ship as of yet. This decision to sell the series could be nothing more than them trying to maximize their profits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

THIS.  We are on the verge of some pretty epic changes in entertainment, and personally - I'm not sure it's for the better.  Sure, we're paying less, but that means a serious drop in quality.  I call it the "WalMart effect" on entertainment.  Hope you like SciFy movies

Quoted:
WHY?

1) Show is not politically correct. No gay or black characters. Every perp is not automatically the white guy like CSI/SVU etc.
2) Demographics skews older and white. Advertisers want young viewers
3) Scripted dramas are more expensive to produce then reality shows and cut into the bottom line.

and THIS.  Longmire's audience is actually fairly small in the grand scheme of things.  It's probably very high on this site, but this site doesn't represent mainstream America any more (as we're all painfully aware ).  Advertising dollars were limited, and as stated above - given the declining cost of consumer participation (i.e. cable or satellite service costs), advertising is where it's at now.  I call this the "YouTube effect" - where you can basically watch anything you want for free (as long as you watch a few ads).  What this generally means is that niche entertainment products will struggle.  Production companies will stick to a tried-and-true genre that appeals to a very wide audience.  You'll see a whole lot more CSI type nonsense before you see some great original series (that we all love) succeed.  

Quoted:
Longmire, A&E Network’s most-watched original drama series of all time, will be ending its run on the cable network after three seasons.

Why do they drop the good shows?  It doesn't appear to be a show that costs a lot of money to produce.

and NOT this .  Perhaps compared to an action adventure with big explosions, but the budget of Longmire is pretty up there.  Outdoor sets/locations with scenic views are much more expensive than indoor (logistics and weather alone).  They have some pretty known cast who negotiated well on their contracts.  Because of their budget range and production companies - everything they do is union.  The have a mix of action, special effects, and pretty much everything expensive in the production world.  I'd put them up there with a Hell on Wheels or similar (NOT cheap).  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Why does it seem that all networks are run by retards?
They always cancel the most popular shows, and the piece of Shit shows run 20 seasons
View Quote

Once a show become popular the actors want more money and it becomes more expensive to produce.  "Reality" shows are made on shoestring budgets and even if they have a smaller number of viewers they can still make more money even if they generate less ad revenue.  Think of it as American companies moving their factories to China because the labor rate is lower.  Same principle.  TV in the US is not about providing news, entertainment and spreading knowledge.  It is about making money.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:00:20 AM EDT
[#46]
I liked it, but not a huge loss if it doesnt get picked up. Fox had better not cancel Sleepy Hollow though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:08:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#48]
I stopped watching after the first episode.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

No kidding.  One less reason to waste time watching TV now.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?

This is becoming more and more true...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top