Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/26/2014 9:58:42 PM EDT
Oh god, this is a horrible idea to ask GD. But im kind of desperate at this point.

Im taking an intermediate writing class, its required for my degree (business). Turns out, the teacher is a self admitting "anti gunner". Unbeknownst to me, this class also revolves around social justice (this wasnt anywhere in the course description btw) and how it involves the media.

I asked if i could write about.. gun rights, how the media makes shit up which then influences politicians and groups of people to find out ways to ban / infringe gun rights etc. It was then made clear to me that this is an absolute nogo. I can write about anything else in the constitution except gun rights, because she believes it will "get out of hand" and "become too personal". So whatever. I guess i have to pick LGBT stuff? Write about trayvon martin?

What the hell am i supposed to write about, thats technically a "social justice issue" that happens to align with someone whose fairly (but not extremely) conservative or libertarian like myself?

I had this idea that i could write about ISIS (i guess they changed their name yet again, an 87th time to IS instead) and how they restrict people's rights? But there isnt much of a conclusion to that. The only solution is killing them

TLDR: Give me ideas on a topic that relates to "social justice" for me to write about this entire semester. Its 5 long essays.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
black on white crime
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
This is ARFCOM. The fat acceptance movement?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The racist roots of gun control? How gun control has always been about controlling races not crime.  (irish, italians, eastern europeans, african americans)
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Do a peice on how neck beards and fedora should not be looked down on and are clear indicators of a gentleman.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Withdraw now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Talk about the virtues of liberalness whilst throwing out the intermittent passive aggressive thought after making a point rendering it moot. For the lulz.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is ARFCOM. The fat acceptance movement?
View Quote

This would probably be the easiest thing to write about without some liberal cunt shitting bricks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Do your essay on deprivation of civil rights under color of law. There is something for everyone there.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Talk about the virtues of liberalness whilst throwing out the intermittent passive aggressive thought after making a point rendering it moot. For the lulz.
View Quote

Outstanding
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do your essay on deprivation of civil rights under color of law. There is something for everyone there.
View Quote

Color of law? Elaborate?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Withdraw now.
View Quote

Drop the class. Take it with a different prof next semester.

Trust me.  I ditched a vector graphics design class when the prof started lecturing us on the "acceptable" ideas for art...  At an art school.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Write about how the entire "social justice" movement is misplaced anger drummed up by a power hungry few looking for political traction, and how your teacher falls into the category of "useful idiot" racked with "white guilt". You're still on topic. Throw in something about Fredrick Douglas being a Republican just for shits.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry nothing COC compliant!

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#14]
FBHO with a horseshoe rasp.  Compare & contrast.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, another thing to add..

My entire class is also liberal as all get out. One student is apparently a single mother, and cannot afford to raise her child. Stated that she believes the government should take care of it for her by taxing people more. She argued this was a social rights issue, then the teacher in response said "I can agree with that."

Should i just become liberal for a few months? Go register at DU, in order to get an A??
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My entire class is also liberal as all get out. One student is apparently a single mother, and cannot afford to raise her child. Stated that she believes the government should take care of it for her by taxing people more. She argued this was a social rights issue, then the teacher in response said "I can agree with that."

Should i just become liberal for a few months? Go register at DU, in order to get an A??
View Quote

how much student debt will you be enslaved with to put up with all this degenerate bullshit?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#17]
700 murders per year with personal weapons, fists and kicks.
5 percent of all murders per year with personal weapons.

Officer Darren Wilson was being attacked by a 6' 4" 300 lb man and was at risk of death.
He had a valid reason to fear for his life.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

how much student debt will you be enslaved with to put up with all this degenerate bullshit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im paying up front. I dont like to get involved in borrowing money, its too risky.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit this.

Leave an upper decker on your way out and sign up for community college.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do a paper on how babies are made.

When a penis ejaculates spermatozoa into the vaginal vault of an ovulating female...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Contributes nothing to society, paid by the gubmint, Prof would be a hypocrite to have disagreed with her.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Misandry
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#23]
"Social Justice" is an arbitrary, meaningless phrase, usually invoked as justification for whatever leftist cause is currently being promoted.

Much like disciples of the Church of the SubGenius seek "Slack", disciples of the Church of Liberalism seek "Social Justice".

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Freedom of speech, and how it is violated by campus speech codes and political correctness.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.

They hold the keys.  

Once you get the keys from them, drive wherever the fuck you want.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Your mistake was asking for her permission.  She gave you an assignment.  Follow the rubric to the letter, nail it, and let her try to fuck with you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
black on white crime
View Quote

^ This! Its an epidemic, you could use FBI statical data, stories of black on white crime, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Either withdraw from the class or talk about how social justice is a vaguest and bullshit term
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Collusion between the wealthy and liberal politicians to keep people down.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#30]
The democratization of violence, and the development of social democracy and drug gangs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Write a paper about that one lady with 15 kids that says "This ain't right, Somebody needs to be held accountable and pay for all these kids!"
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Oh god, this is a horrible idea to ask GD. But im kind of desperate at this point.

Im taking an intermediate writing class, its required for my degree (business). Turns out, the teacher is a self admitting "anti gunner". Unbeknownst to me, this class also revolves around social justice (this wasnt anywhere in the course description btw) and how it involves the media.

I asked if i could write about.. gun rights, how the media makes shit up which then influences politicians and groups of people to find out ways to ban / infringe gun rights etc. It was then made clear to me that this is an absolute nogo. I can write about anything else in the constitution except gun rights, because she believes it will "get out of hand" and "become too personal". So whatever. I guess i have to pick LGBT stuff? Write about trayvon martin?

What the hell am i supposed to write about, thats technically a "social justice issue" that happens to align with someone whose fairly (but not extremely) conservative or libertarian like myself?

I had this idea that i could write about ISIS (i guess they changed their name yet again, an 87th time to IS instead) and how they restrict people's rights? But there isnt much of a conclusion to that. The only solution is killing them

TLDR: Give me ideas on a topic that relates to "social justice" for me to write about this entire semester. Its 5 long essays.
View Quote

You can write about anything that you need to write about. You don't have to agree with a position to evaluate it from a critical standpoint. IM me tomorrow and I'll see if I can give you a couple of ideas....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Drop the class.  Your instructor sounds like a real d-bag who just makes shit up along the way to suit his whim.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Whatever it's about title it "The White Man's Burden."
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Social Justice" is an arbitrary, meaningless phrase, usually invoked as justification for whatever leftist cause is currently being promoted.

Much like disciples of the Church of the SubGenius seek "Slack", disciples of the Church of Liberalism seek "Social Justice".

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/2600/a1XC3U.jpg
View Quote

I disagree "Social Justice" traditionally does have meaning.
But I do agree with you that it is another phrase that has been randomly used entirely out of context, that these days when someone says it, it gives no clue to any meaning or purpose.

Freedom of association, Freedom of religion, Liberty and integrity of the person, Rights and liberties covered by the rule of law. Are all important components of social justice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#36]
the social justice warrior groupthink headquarters, tumblr, and how it messes with the minds of already fragile people and cause extremists who are incapable of dealing with the real world. They make up their own words, and change the definitions to suit their needs and absolutely lose their shit when someone doesn't respect their completely insane worldview and acnoledge their made up pronouns that describe the multiple personalities they have, including males, females, asexual wolf demons, trangender star formations, etc

This guy does a good job of ripping them apart

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXO6qZnf40NUPOVIZM_awDqfDI6pHmNvP
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Color of law? Elaborate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Color of law? Elaborate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_(law)

Embed links isn't working on my iPad currently.  goatboy?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Tattoos and Hiring Discrimination in the Financial Sector
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#39]
i study water resources, so personally i'd come at it from an environmental justice perspective.  surprisingly, many EJ themes are consistent with conservative values.  a really, really interesting issue is eminent domain.  i'm currently researching a reservoir, during the construction of which a number of landholders were EDed off of farms that had been in their family for over a century.  the justification was that economic development overrode private property rights.  but the real issue was that small, independent farmers simply couldn't compete with the economic elite, who normally take the urban perspective.

the nice thing about this subject is that there are strong arguments to be made from a variety of perspectives.  from a purely instrumental standpoint, this can make your writing look very nuanced, and it fills pages very quickly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i study water resources, so personally i'd come at it from an environmental justice perspective.  surprisingly, many EJ themes are consistent with conservative values.  a really, really interesting issue is eminent domain.  i'm currently researching a reservoir, during the construction of which a number of landholders were EDed off of farms that had been in their family for over a century.  the justification was that economic development overrode private property rights.  but the real issue was that small, independent farmers simply couldn't compete with the economic elite, who normally take the urban perspective.

the nice thing about this subject is that there are strong arguments to be made from a variety of perspectives.  from a purely instrumental standpoint, this can make your writing look very nuanced, and it fills pages very quickly.
View Quote

Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#41]
If you don't drop the class, which from what I've heard I think you should.  Then some very good advice that I'm sure you've heard before is, write about what you know.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Talk to the dean or the head of that dept and demand transfer out of the class.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

^ This! Its an epidemic, you could use FBI statical data, stories of black on white crime, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
black on white crime

::drops mic
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Talk to the dean or the head of that dept and demand transfer out of the class.
View Quote

I agree. Shouldn't this class focus more on the technical aspects of writing?  Injecting politics brings the integrity of the professor into question.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Since I am not a libtard I don't really even fucking know what "a paper on social justice" really entails.

Sounds like a bunch of 'tard psycho babble to me.

(I was better at math. )
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Perhaps you could write about the topic of "The Democrats longtime strategy of providing welfare handouts to black communities, much to the community's detriment, across the country for the purpose of securing their votes while simultaneously providing a strong incentive for them to not actively try to work their way beyond poverty; thus ensuring their continued dependence upon government welfare and of course, the Democratic Party.

Make the piece read all about how the D's play blacks as their pawns in the game for political victory, until their political usefulness has been expended and they are unceremoniously forgotten by their democratic "supporters".

It should be fairly easy to find all the research material you could ever need on the subject and it will likely make your professor's head explode if you do it just right.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#47]
You should write about the social need to expand add/drop dates.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Color of law? Elaborate?

Try leaving out the s, Rugerlvr.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/iGTUcS-yQtQ

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
black on white crime

http://youtu.be/iGTUcS-yQtQ

Out fucking standing.

But i will be banned from campus if i write about that. This isnt the 40s. I cant support that sort of thing, im white.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Social justice is a pretty broad topic - you're a business major, take if other side and invoke Hayek
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top