Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 8/22/2014 9:29:07 AM EDT
My daughter and I was chatting this morning.  She was annoyed at a party last night.  Two guys her age were hitting on her.  One was invading her space, being very abrupt (drunkish) so she pushed him back and told him to chill, he called her a bitch and left.  The second guy scoops in and tells her she's an 8  looks wise, but her personality makes her a 7. This was his opening line.

I told her the two were trolling for sex and their words were their bait.

Help a nice girl understand guys a little.  

BTW she told troll #2 to FO.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't what number 2 said one of those stupid things mentioned on those dumbass pickup websites?

ETA: They were just looking to get laid. That's what parties are for these days anyway. If they get rejected enough they'll be forced to change their ways but I'm sure some dumbshit will fuck them anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#2]
What... you have a 23 yo daughter/ , i thought you were 23
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Rejection makes some men hostile.  It's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Men at that age are all about the ass.  Most of them are not very smart about their approach either.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Alcohol does stupid things to men!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

We are pigs.  We think only about sex and food (alcohol is included under food).  

Those two guys sounded like Grade A assholes and it sounds like she handled herself well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Doesn't sound like she needs any help.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Men aren't her friends no mater what they say, they all want to fuck her so trolling for sex is a given.. If she keeps that in mind she'll be okay.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's also a sign of immaturity.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Rejection makes some immature men hostile.  It's as simple as that.
View Quote

Enhanced it for you.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.   Good for her to tell them to FO
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My daughter and I was chatting this morning.  She was annoyed at a party last night.  Two guys her age were hitting on her.  One was invading her space, being very abrupt (drunkish) so she pushed him back and told him to chill, he called her a bitch and left.  The second guy scoops in and tells her she's an 8  looks wise, but her personality makes her a 7. This was his opening line.

View Quote

Read a book called "The Gift of Fear".

It is centric to your question and deals a lot with female/male interaction and the psychology behind verbal clues.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pics?

View Quote

This right here is all you need to know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Doesn't sound like she needs advice.

Lines are dumb, she should never give a guy the time of day that tries some stupid polished bullshit line, especially if it berates.
Any guy that doesn't understand personal space or subtlety deserves a kick in the nuts.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Some girls make themselves unattractive for occasions like this.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Enhanced it for you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rejection makes some immature men hostile.  It's as simple as that.

Enhanced it for you.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#18]
23 y/o boys are just that, boys.

She is college aged and the vast majority of penis owners in that range see her as nothing more than a conquest. If she is looking for a hookup, life is good. If she is looking for a relationship based on love, trust, and mutual interests she is going to be disappointed greatly with her generation.

How to deal with boys is pretty simple. Steer clear of douchey trendfags and look for someone with a plan.

I would suggest that she date casually for the next 4-6 years and solidify what her wants and needs are. If she can make it that long without having a kid, the world of more mature guys who have cast off boyish things will be her oyster.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#19]
She's not gonna find "nice guys" at a house party.  Drop her off at a D&D tournament and go home with the guy wearing the best stormtrooper costume.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like she's already got it figured out.

You should be way more concerned if she falls for these lines.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

We are pigs.  All we think about 24/7 is sex.  We might be good to you and we might be amazing bfs, but we just need that daily fill and that's what keeps us going.  If you are easy and no work we will surely fuck you, but after that you don't exist cuz you were just a bump in the road and have no respect for yourself or from most of us.  The ONLY guys that are you "friends" are the ones that want to fuck or at the very least WOULD fuck you, but they don't have the balls to say it or go for it.  That is subject to change depending on age and maturity, but at that age is a sure thing.

I will say though that women in their late 20ies and early 30ies want and need sex as much as a 16 year old boy....at least from what I've experienced.  "Enough" is not a word to them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

She wont find quality men at parties on Thursday nights.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Hell, I'd like to figure out women. She should have figured it out by now guys are easy, they want in her pants.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#24]
And this is why when I was in my late 30s (36-38) I was getting early to mid 20s hitting on me when I went out with friends...

I didn't act like a boor to them, was confident, and had my own money, etc.

As an aside, I lived for a while post-divorce with a friend of mine who was in his early 30s, who had his running group friends over for parties all the time.   I've always looked much younger than I am, so I fit in very easily.

I'm remarried now, of course, but it was a fun couple of years.   Fit runner women enjoy sacktime.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It is centric to your question and deals a lot with female/male interaction and the psychology behind verbal clues.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Great! Thanks guys!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#26]
If she wants to narrow down the field a bit, tell her to look for a guy at least 25, college degree and employed.

For everyone else, knee to the groin.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Tell her to date on of her "friends". I am sure she has friend zoned a few great guys with bright futures that would treat her like a queen.
She is going to wade thru a lot of crap to find a nice guy at a party/bar.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like more drama than I care to ever get involved with.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Seems to me she's probably not dealing with men, she's dealing with prolonged adolescents.  If so, her best COA is to try and be where they are not.

Parties were kinda fun when I was a kid/teen.  When I started growing up, I discovered that I'd rather spend my time doing other things; and as I pursued those other things I found myself getting to meet and know better people of kindred spirit.  My wife is a long-time friend who came from that pool of people.

I could have saved myself a bit of grief if I'd grown up a little sooner.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#30]
first guy doesn't handle rejection well

2nd guy is doing the push pull thing

both want in her pants

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a complisult, a standard PUA gambit that I've seen advocated many times by the boys here.  It's nothing new and your daughter handled it prefectly.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like she did OK.

She should never be ashamed to tell an immature idiot asshole that he's an immature idiot asshole.

Those guys are a waste of her time (and probably dangerous too because they have no social boundaries).
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We are pigs.  We think only about sex and food (alcohol is included under food).  

Those two guys sounded like Grade A assholes and it sounds like she handled herself well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

And pics of daughter, oink!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Pics?

View Quote

Well??
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#36]
My advice? Tell her to avoid drunks in general, and especially drunk college boys.

Trust me. I'm an indian, I know drunks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Sounds as though she handled it well.  As a dad of two teen girls I fear what she experienced for my girls.  Find a place that teaches Krav Maga and buy her some lessons, just in case her words don't get the point across.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#38]
House parties are a lousy place to find nice dudes.

And to be perfectly blunt, I never went to one looking for a "nice girl", either.

She sounds like she handled herself well, though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#39]
I pray and ask God every night before I go to bed that I don't have any daughters.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#40]
People are dicks, welcome to reality.

That said, nothing wrong with responsible casual sex.

Get as much of it as you want while you still can, because you're not going to be pissing coca cola and shitting rainbows all your life.

You got a very small window

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm 23.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Generaly speaking, she should be looking for a good father figure family type of man who can take care of himself, with no drnikin/drugs habits, who either works full time or studies full time. Anything less is an absolute waste of time for a woman.
Never lower the standards when it comes to that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's a complisult, a standard PUA gambit that I've seen advocated many times by the boys here.  It's nothing new and your daughter handled it prefectly.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It plays on insecurites quite well...and will work sometimes....especially if done playfully.

it's like saying "nice top, is that your mothers?"  gets them off balance (usually with a smile) and the conversation just got sparked up
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics?

Well??

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Not all of us are like that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Men at that age are all about the ass.  Most of them are not very smart about their approach either.

View Quote

Don't rope all of us young guys in together some of us are very smart about our approach.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
She's not gonna find "nice guys" at a house party.  Drop her off at a D&D tournament and go home with the guy wearing the best stormtrooper costume.
View Quote

This.  Or have her go to a 3 gun match.  I am sure everyone there will act mature if a piece of ass is actually at a gun range
We all have good people skills since we spend 23 hours in mom's basement online and only get out to shoot guns

The answer is easy....have her hang out in a different area with a different crowd
If she hangs out with investment bankers she may find her treatment and their response is a little different then under 25 boys in a house party

Play stupid games win dumb prizes
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#50]
She did fine.

Get her some pepper spray for the really insistent ones.

If Rape is on the menu, nothing else will do except 9mm to the face.

That's how you deal with (rude) "men"

However a real man will never give her problems like you describe.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top