Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/20/2014 4:11:05 PM EDT
Okay, it's semi random. There are incentives involved. My local shop has the standard XD line marked at $450 and the XDm line marked at $550.

<Billy_Mays> But wait... There's more! </Billy_Mays>

Springfield Armory is running a promotion where, if you buy any Springfield Armory pistol, they'll send you three magazines and one of their double mag carrier things for free.

http://gearup.springfield-armory.com/Gearup.asp

I've never been a Springfield Armory fan, and I tend to see them as a glorified marketing company, but that's a pretty solid deal.

Finances are such that I can't just jump in it with a spur of the moment decision, but I've got time, and suddenly, I'm thinking about it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
$100 price difference?  I always though the differences between the two were more or less cosmetic.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock wannabe?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$100 price difference?  I always though the differences between the two were more or less cosmetic.
View Quote

The XDM's have a higher capacity. 19+1 rounds in the XDM9.

Go for it OP, that's an extra $100 worth of mags. I like my XDM 9, fuck da haytazz.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Got that Croatian itch?  I think there is a pill for that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my XD during the Gearup promotion a couple years ago. I thought it was a very solid deal- now I've got 5 mags and two mag carriers for no extra money. Don't I just feel like a badass walking around with that setup?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
XD40 and XD45 here.  I love them both.  

I guess I got used to them because when the XDm came out they just never felt right in my hands.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Love my XD. The M's are nice. Much better finish and supposedly more "match grade." It's not an insane deal, but it's a fair deal especially with the extra goodies from SA. I say FO!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Do it.  I've got an the 3.8" compact, 4.5", and 5.25" XDms, all in 9mm.  Very happy with them all.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Xdm 3.8 9mm. I love that gun. It shoots like a dream and it has been popular with everyone that I have let shoot it. It feels better than the Glock and handles better as well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#10]
XD9SC owner. Love it. Did several mag dumps on the first range outing trying to see if it would choke. Not a single problem. Easy to carry, easy to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
There's many reasons I don't like or trust the XD but I have a question, does the extremely high bore axis of the XD not bother any of you?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I still wouldn't buy one.  There are a shit ton of better handguns to buy.

Off the top of my head

EAA Witness in Best MM

Any gun from the MP line

Ruger Revolver
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck Yes OP!

FO!

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Do it. Palmetto State Armory is giving a $100 gift card with the purchase of any Springfield pistol. If you do not mind the wait. You can get the gift card and the mail in for the 3 mags and pouch promption.

I say do it. I really like my XDM
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#15]
If you want it get it.

Personally there are other guns I would rather buy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Go for the XDM, preferably the 5.25 in 9mm.   I have two of those for Production division and they're pretty accurate.  The sights are good to go out of the box, the trigger isn't bad (though I swapped in a PRP unit), and having 19+1 mag capacity is nice.  

I'm really not interested in any of the other XDMs, but the 5.25s are sweet.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

There's many reasons I don't like or trust the XD but I have a question, does the extremely high bore axis of the XD not bother any of you?
View Quote

According to the googles, it's 0.1" higher than a Glock, and 0.2" lower than a 1911.  Not sure why that would bother anybody.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I will reach for my XD over my glock any day. ~4000 rds through it and never had a problem.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I have an XD45, good shooter, good capacity better than some other makes, only issues with SWCs.
Have shot a XD40 a lot also no complaints.
The Ms in all but 45 gain capacity, and may shoot better, nothing else they're a bit less clunky looking. Buy the one that fits you and your needs best, it won't disappoint and with all those mags you'll be set for any competition if you choose.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#20]
An itch for an XD? Gross
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I almost though I had my first real malfunction shooting 3 gun this past saturday, had a stovepipe. Then I looked and realized my thumb was riding the slide. I had it fail to lock back on 2 magazines last year, because....my thumb was riding the slide release. I need to remember to keep my strong hand thumb lower!

My XDM has been great, and is more accurate than my XD9 was, but a smaller margin than I hoped for. I still haven't found any good rationale for not liking the grip safety, and I don't hear much about XD leg...my XD's have all been great, but I probably only have 2,500 rounds combined through them. I say go, enjoy!

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Go for the XDm. I have one in 45 and my son has a 45 XD. The trigger alone is worth the extra money. By the way I really enjoy mine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I once read a true story of two guns in water.  The XD failed and Glock kept going.  

Glock for me...thank you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm no fan of the XD, but low bore axis in a 9mm pistol is overrated.

Thats why I have a P226.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I want an XDs.  $100 off at Cabela's right now. Seem to have mixed reviews though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I want an XDs.  $100 off at Cabela's right now. Seem to have mixed reviews though.
View Quote

The Shield is better I think.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I still wouldn't buy one.  There are a shit ton of better handguns to buy.

Off the top of my head

EAA Witness in Best MM
Any gun from the MP line
Ruger Revolver
View Quote

There are very few guns that I'd say are "better" than others, unless you're looking at things like Jimenez and Taurus. There's mostly just various forms of different.

10mm is a caliber that hasn't struck my interest yet, and I have real CZs.
I have two M&Ps. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to.
I'm more of a S&W guy for revolvers, but I have a couple Blackhawks and a LCR.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#28]
My 2nd XDM was 3.8" 9MM compact.  It's more accurate than my 5.25" Competition 9MM, more accurate than my Glock, more accurate than my M&P .357 SIG and 9MM.

Great little gun.  It can use the full size 19 round magazines meant for the big XDM.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I've had an XD45 Service for about 8-9 years. I quit counting rounds at 5 thousand. The only problems I had were related to riding the slide with my thumb and limp wristing. I've fed it all types of ammo and it ate them all. It's my carry gun...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I like my XDm 9. It's not as nice as my P220 but since I have a bunch of mags for the XDm it's more fun to shoot. I only have one mag for the P220 and it sucks having to stop and reload every 7 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:46:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Go for the XDM, preferably the 5.25 in 9mm.   I have two of those for Production division and they're pretty accurate.  The sights are good to go out of the box, the trigger isn't bad (though I swapped in a PRP unit), and having 19+1 mag capacity is nice.  

View Quote

I don't know what that is, and I actually know nothing about the aftermarket supporting the XD/XDm lines.

Playing with an XDm at the counter, my only complaints about the trigger is that it's a bit vague... A little on the break, but a bit more so on the reset.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Get the XDm 3.8 in  .40 or .45 you wont be dissappointed!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:54:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Imjust watched my XD sub compact in 40 get fingerbanged by a TSA agent at an airport. Then he played with my Sig 229r elite. He liked the sig better than the XD.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like a good deal to me, get one from PSA.  If you decide to trade or sell it off later, the extra mags will help you cut your loss.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s241.photobucket.com/user/kemays/media/prod-9mm_zps6a7b895f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/kemays/prod-9mm_zps6a7b895f.jpg</a>
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:02:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I don't know what that is, and I actually know nothing about the aftermarket supporting the XD/XDm lines.

Playing with an XDm at the counter, my only complaints about the trigger is that it's a bit vague... A little on the break, but a bit more so on the reset.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Powder River Precision makes a large array of upgrades for the various XD models.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:03:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
XD40 and XD45 here.  I love them both.  

I guess I got used to them because when the XDm came out they just never felt right in my hands.  
View Quote

XD9 here, I feel the same way.

I never  felt the need for a XDm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:05:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some cosmetic but also removed the requirement to pull the trigger on tear down.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:11:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree (for me). I didn't like the Shield that much, but loved the XDs 9. Trigger felt better to me and it just fit my hand better.

Cabela's prices are stupid. $599 for the basic 9mm XDs? My friend bought one at a gun show (and we all know how much GD loves to rag on gun shows being overpriced) for $450 a couple weeks ago. I want a bi-tone, but they're not easy to find and Cabela's price is $640! I guess they marked them up so they could take $100 off.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#40]
I never particularly liked the XD.  Probably one of the ugliest pistols ever made, and more complicated than it needs to be.

I FINALLY got to shoot an XDm a few weeks ago, and it's a nice enough shooter, it's not ugly like the XD, and it has a better trigger... Still has the major problem of the series though.. your hand sits so low on the frame that it makes a Sig look like it has a low bore axis.

OP, don't you already own a Glock 17? Go buy mags for that.. if you don't and I'm mistaken, go buy a Glock 17, it's just a better all around pistol.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#41]
I really like my XD40SC.  Never had an issue with it.  Fairly accurate and nice to shoot.  I got this over a Glock because the XD felt better in my hand.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:46:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Do it!

I like mine.  It shoots well, handles stiff reloads where Glocks won't.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:47:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Okay, it's semi random. There are incentives involved. My local shop has the standard XD line marked at $450 and the XDm line marked at $550.

<Billy_Mays> But wait... There's more! </Billy_Mays>

Springfield Armory is running a promotion where, if you buy any Springfield Armory pistol, they'll send you three magazines and one of their double mag carrier things for free.

http://gearup.springfield-armory.com/Gearup.asp

I've never been a Springfield Armory fan, and I tend to see them as a glorified marketing company, but that's a pretty solid deal.

Finances are such that I can't just jump in it with a spur of the moment decision, but I've got time, and suddenly, I'm thinking about it.
View Quote

XD .45. Do it woman. Do it now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#44]
I do not like my XD40. It is the first gun I've owned where I said, "ok, that's enough" after 2 magazines. The trigger either slaps or has very sharp edges that raised a welt on my trigger finger. It stays in the safe as my token .40.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:59:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Wow!  Palmetto State Armory is currently giving a $100 gift card with any Springfield Handgun, too!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#46]
I've had my xd9 for quite a while, and thousands of rounds. to date I've had one, kind of failure, using some grimmy ass cheap steel ammo, and all it did was fail to lock back on empty.

other then that, its been absolutely flawless.

for defence, it sits within reach. my best MM 1911 is a better shooter, but my XD is the better tool.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Get the XDm and ignore the haters on here.

My XD 45 has been fantastic, and I also have a Sig P220 and a Colt 1191A1.

I'd grab the XD over my other 45s.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#48]
I am a big XD fan. I tried a Glock, and while I shot it well, it didn't point as naturally as the XD did. I own several XDs and have countless thousands of rounds through them without a hiccup. I trust my life to an XD every time I leave the house. They don't have the aftermarket support that Glock has or the same strength of kool aid; but I think the XD is an excellent pistol for the price.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

XD .45. Do it woman. Do it now.
View Quote

.45acp is a caliber for classy steel guns.

I feed Tupperware 9mm and .40s&w.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#50]
I've been thinking of trying a Croation Creation myself.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top