Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/13/2014 9:06:37 PM EDT
Yes...I know there are several threads about these rifles but has anybody ordered one yet? How was the overall condition? I placed my order today. This is my second "Iraq" rifle, I snagged a return colt 6933 about 4 years ago that was a black water gun. I wanted to find one of there 16" bushmasters but failed to locate one. This will fill the void.

I want a beat up rusty barreled POS, Much disappointment will be had if its 95%+ condition.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Yes...I know there are several threads about these rifles but has anybody ordered one yet? How was the overall condition? I placed my order today. This is my second "Iraq" rifle, I snagged a return colt 6933 about 4 years ago that was a black water gun. I wanted to find one of there 16" bushmasters but failed to locate one. This will fill the void.

I want a beat up rusty barreled POS, Much disappointment will be had if its 95%+ condition.

View Quote
Most of them are pretty worn and may require a part here or there to be changed out (They will function but they are beat up)

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one from Impact last month. Definitely the BTDT look, and arrived filthy. Mechanically it was fine though, aside from a bent front sight pin. Shoots great, bore is fine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of them are pretty worn and may require a part here or there to be changed out (They will function but they are beat up)  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought these were sold out?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
from where guy?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
excuse my ignorance but where can these be ordered from?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Would it be wrong to say "That's a good price for new"?

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd just spend $80~90 more and buy a brand new one on Gunbroker.  

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ardpms-01.aspx
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Here is the link to the stuff.
View Quote
Priced about right I suppose.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Meh.  If they came with gov't import docs with S/N's included, it'd be a hell of a deal to a lot of people.  Me included.  Without, meh.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to bad. No parts broken or needed replaced

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#12]
First I heard of these. Why are they called "Iraq bring backs?" Are they really used guns from Iraq?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

But a new one won't look like it's been down the driveway.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

First I heard of these. Why are they called "Iraq bring backs?" Are they really used guns from Iraq?
View Quote
Yeah, apparently contractors aka a private company used these. Can't really find more info on them.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Lol at the Iraqi dust. Collector value!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
Used by private contractors (think Africans) who guarded towers and chow-halls.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm surprised the customs nazi let these come home with all the Iraq dirt on them.  Those nazi fucks made me clean some dirt off my flip flops before they would let me clear customs.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would like to know the answer to this too.

ETA: Beat by answers
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn I am torn on this one.

I don't need to spend the money, and I don't need another AR. On the other hand, how else can you (legally) get a rifle that has been used in Iraq? It would be neat to have just because, and later down the road I will kick myself for NOT buying one.....

Damn you ARF.Com. $24 a year is all it costs my ass.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
"Bring me the gun of Jambo".

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Here is the link to the stuff.
View Quote

How do you know these were from Iraq? There's nothing in the description that says where the guns are from.
And they're very tempting!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#23]
As much as I hate DPMS, a part of me REALLY wants to pick one of those rifles up. They just seem cool.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
jambo my friends.....remove sunglasses please....

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I can see these going up in price in the future , are they import marked ? or any documentation ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Buy something else and put some wear on your own gun.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds

EBOLA?

Day 1.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:58:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
my ptsd is kicking in!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
We ( my old unit) moved a bunch of those guys around in Chinooks.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

EBOLA?

Day 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds

EBOLA?

Day 1.

Can you get Ebola from a firm cheek weld?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I can see these going up in price in the future , are they import marked ? or any documentation ?
View Quote

No import marks. Found this vid about them
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
IIRC these guns were brought over and brought back and they were semiauto only due to ITARor some other silliness.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds

Shit those fuckers would point their rifles at you if you didn't show your ID fast enough..

Then there was the one time I threw a bag of trash in the dumpster and a Ug crawled out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#34]
My two. both shoot fine, were dialed in and had little internal wear. One Regular M4 and one super heavy 16.

check out the gnarly piece of Ugandan underwear stuffed in the grip

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds

Jambo!

I saw a lot of Ugandans carrying AK47 or AK74 variants as well. I used to see what I could away with showing, instead of my ID, driving through their check points in a HMMWV. My most impressive accomplishments were a credit card and a can of coke.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup. Ugandan gaurds

JUMBO!!!!!

All the Ugandans in Camp Fallujah had AMD 65s in 07/08
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Damn I am torn on this one.

I don't need to spend the money, and I don't need another AR. On the other hand, how else can you (legally) get a rifle that has been used in Iraq? It would be neat to have just because, and later down the road I will kick myself for NOT buying one.....

Damn you ARF.Com. $24 a year is all it costs my ass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Re-imported by Century Arms.  What could possibly go wrong?  
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not everyone has a driveway.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The pics I saw, poor condition, rust and no real documentation as to who had them or where it had been I would buy a new PSA instead,
View Quote

In this thread we find what the difference is between gun owners and gun collectors.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#46]
So tempting
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The pics I saw, poor condition, rust and no real documentation as to who had them or where it had been I would buy a new PSA instead,
View Quote

I would venture to say that a good number of people buying them are doing so just because they have been to Iraq and back. It's their history that makes them cool, and the price makes it just a little more tempting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I would venture to say that a good number of people buying them are doing so just because they have been to Iraq and back. It's their history that makes them cool, and the price makes it just a little more tempting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's why I'm fixing to fo
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me, yes, these are the reasons I would be tempted to get one. I've had a DPMS 16" carbine that I bought new (my first AR). Never a failure. Currently own a PSA 16" carbine set up identically to these. The price of the bring-back carbine is tempting, and the fact that its as close to a war surplus carbine as I'll ever be able to own is appealing in its own right. I'll pass for now (spare gun money is going into a 308 AR build), but I might get one at a later date.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top