Page / 5
Posted: 8/7/2014 11:16:05 AM EDT
can these fuckers really do us harm?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

View Quote
did you believe in 92(?) (when AQ declared war on us) that AQ would be a threat to the US?

to answer your question:

yes.

except ISIS is going for more than 'payback' against the West.  they are going for straight conquest in ways so brutal that even AQ decided to not be related to them.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
These guys actually scare me more than AQ ever did.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The Pope is asking for help, it is just a matter of time before we are back in in a big way. This time I hope we get something for our trouble.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd say it's a matter of when, not if they do something here. Last I heard they were making $3 million a day in black market oil sales alone.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
If the guy down the street is shooting at you but keeps hitting the house next door, you don't hang out and wait until his aim improves....
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd say it's a matter of when, not if they do something here. Last I heard they were making $3 million a day in black market oil sales alone.
View Quote
Do they have a bunch of guys pushing paper around and actually tracking that?

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably, they're surprisingly organized.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#9]
this is no longer a terrorist group, this is a small army

they are working on incursions into Lebanon.  they are basically growing by the day.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#10]
they could totally clean out our snack bars.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

they are working on incursions into Lebanon.  they are basically growing by the day.
View Quote

If they defeat Hezbollah, it will be an "oh shit" moment.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Not really.  Not at all if we don't give them visas.

Of course, we'll give them visas...

Even so, we're all more likely to be shot for our wallets than for the caliphate.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hezbollah joining them is exponentially worse.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

'It won't happen here'

View Quote
fify

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering the actions of Iran and its allies that created this mess, the irony will be delicious.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#16]
What difference does it make all we are going to do is some 1/2 measure bullshit that accomplishes nothing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes, but they are a threat that needs to be placed in proper context in terms of quantity and quality.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Drone them out of existence
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see that happening. Hezbollah has been fighting them in Syria extensively, and they've done a few "missions" in Iraq. IIRC, the "combat tour" of Hezbollah fighters has been nearly tripled due to the fighting with ISIS.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

These guys actually scare me more than AQ ever did.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#21]
So far the accumulated efforts of terrorists of all ideologies over the last two decades killed less Americans than Americans murder themselves each year. The only long term damage has been financial and legal, inflicted by Americans upon Americans.

I'm not exactly shaking in my boots.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#22]
ISIS is just the latest symptom of the disease known as radical Islam. Yes, they are a threat. They aren't a great threat to the US at this time. But that could change quickly. And the more territory they manage to conquer and the more people who join up with them, the greater the danger they will pose. But regional stability in the Middle East is what will really be at risk thanks to this group. If they get a foothold in either Lebanon or Jordan or manage to take over Syria, you know they are going to go after Israel. That is when the gloves will come off and shit will hit the fan. The whole region will erupt into chaos.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I don't see that happening. Hezbollah has been fighting them in Syria extensively, and they've done a few "missions" in Iraq. IIRC, the "combat tour" of Hezbollah fighters has been nearly tripled to fight ISIS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see that happening. Hezbollah has been fighting them in Syria extensively, and they've done a few "missions" in Iraq. IIRC, the "combat tour" of Hezbollah fighters has been nearly tripled to fight ISIS.
in a caliphate, unification is the goal.  ISIS with a little political intelligence may be able to get some of Hezbollah to join and absorb/kill the rest.  the rules seem to change a bit with the caliphate.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So far the accumulated efforts of terrorists of all ideologies over the last two decades killed less Americans than Americans murder themselves each year. The only long term damage has been financial and legal, inflicted by Americans upon Americans.

I'm not exactly shaking in my boots.
View Quote

Do you even fearmonger bro?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#26]
It wasn't that long ago we never heard about muslim riots in Western European countries.
Now they are nearly routine.
This is a cancer and it is spreading.
As the Islamo Fascists in the Middle East get more radical, it emboldens radical muslims in other areas of the world.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Dearborn, Michigan has the largest population of Muslims in the United States, well over 300,000.  I'm sure they have a well established beachhead already.  Reports of training camps have sprung up all over the country.  It's not if, but when they will strike.  Count on it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

did you believe in 92(?) (when AQ declared war on us) that AQ would be a threat to the US?
to answer your question:

yes.

except ISIS is going for more than 'payback' against the West.  they are going for straight conquest in ways so brutal that even AQ decided to not be related to them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

to answer your question:

yes.

Ya gotta know your a radical bunch of fuck-sticks when even alqida wont side with ya

Our cocksucker-in-chief had better pay them some mind or they will be on our doorstep poppin RPG's at anything red,white and blue

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Ya gotta know your a radical bunch of fuck-sticks when even alqida wont side with ya

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

to answer your question:

yes.

its not even over some stupid technicality.  AQ see's ISIS as being too heavy handed and brutal..

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It wasn't that long ago we never heard about muslim riots in Western European countries.
As the Islamo Fascists in the Middle East get more radical, it emboldens radical muslims in other areas of the world.
View Quote

The ISIS message will resonate among the disaffected Muslim population of Europe.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
in a caliphate, unification is the goal.  ISIS with a little political intelligence may be able to get some of Hezbollah to join and absorb/kill the rest.  the rules seem to change a bit with the caliphate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ISIS caliphate has no room for Shias.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes. They are a threat to everyone.
The rest of the wackos will follow the to the death.
They are already here and backed by the administration.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Crazy and well funded, what's there to worry about?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#34]

They will go a long way in helping Islam become a  minority religion on par with the Jains
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Our cocksucker-in-chief had better pay them some mind or they will be on
our doorstep poppin RPG's at anything red,white and blue or related to Judaism or Christianity
The local talk radio guy , Howie Carr , he just summed it up , saying " I never thought I'd be nostalgic and missing Bubba ......I think we would have been better off with Hillary"

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#36]
They're only a threat if we let them be one.  As long as we declare some areas and days off limits to attacks because it's on the wrong side of an imaginary line or the wrong building or some stupid ass "holy day" we can not win and shouldn't fight.

Fuck all the limp wristed leaders who engage us in wars with limitations.  What was the limitation is WW2?  Why did we nuke Japan?  Because we didn't have anything bigger.

If it's worth killing someone over don't worry about offending them.  If you're worried about offending them it isn't worth killing them over.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm not too worried about them attacking US soil until they consolidate their gains. After 18 months or so from today all bets are off, especially if they go after Saudi or Europe.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Drone them out of existence
View Quote

Not with this President. He armed them while they were in Syria.

Look at all the reports of their actions last fall and winter.

Remember the cannibal
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Living in Iowa, at least there's noting here worth blowing up. Wake me up when they cross the Mississippi.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The ISIS message will resonate among the disaffected Muslim population of Europe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
It has created veritable Jihad Tourism from Europe to the Middle East.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#41]
They've already gained control of a third of Iraki oil fields and if they decide to slide on into SA, then yes, it's a 'financial' problem for the USA and the West.

Couple that with the Iranian crude oil and markets can go dwanky, hurting consumers everywhere.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Are you kidding? With the Obama Regime turning our Southern border into a red carpet?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#43]
We (the politicians) do not have the appetite or the desire to do what needs to be done. Screwing around in Iraq and Afstan, nation building, having silly elections and other feel good shit, is not doing a damn thing but wasting time and resources.

They're fighting a war of annihilation, we're fucking around delivering pizza and trying to understand their feelings. Obama is truly a modern day Nero.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

they will evolve.  when they do, they will not only be worth destroying: it will be imperative they are destroyed.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this.
We will see it in Europe first. When it starts happening regularly then we can figure were next.
Fortunately we have an Ocean or 2 between us also.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

They've already gained control of a third of Iraki oil fields and if they decide to slide on into SA, then yes, it's a 'financial' problem for the USA and the West.

Couple that with the Iranian crude oil and markets can go dwanky, hurting consumers everywhere.

Chris
View Quote
there are entire areas of SA, UAE, Kuwait, etc that would gladly join ISIS.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#47]
watch any of their vids or social media posts?

If so, the answer to your question is YES.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#48]
When someone tells you repeatedly that as soon as they have the means to they're going to start wiping out everyone they don't like, which definitely includes you, then sooner or later you're going to have to start taking them seriously.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not really.  Not at all if we don't give them visas.

Of course, we'll give them visas...

Even so, we're all more likely to be shot for our wallets than for the caliphate.
View Quote

LOL, visas..........who needs a visa these days?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes, it's a global market
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top