Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Posted: 7/25/2014 3:07:29 AM EDT
Of the women I know close enough for them to tell me, I would guess 1/3 have been raped at some point. You can see how it still affects them and pisses me off to no end. WTF is wrong with this world? If I have daughters, they will start learning how to shoot at an early age.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to be an insensitive asshole right now.

"Raped" or got drunk and regretted have sex the next day?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

First sentence in first post nails it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd daresay that most of those "rapes" were what I call regret rape where the female sleeps with someone voluntarily and then regrets her decision and twists it in her mind that she was somehow "raped.". Alcohol seems to play a pretty big part of it which isn't much of a surprise, especially when they are college age.

The other part of it is, once a female can claim she was "raped". whe can play the victim status forever. Nothing that goes bad in her life will ever be her fault, it will always be the "rapists" fault.

Total horseshit IMHO because it detracts from those females who are truly sexually assaulted and have serious mental or physical issues from it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:12:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Work emergency services for a while and yeah, you start to wonder how many are legitimate cases of rape.  Very sad but true.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:13:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Define "rape."

The way it is defined sometimes these days, I never know what I'm really dealing with.

That gal you copped a feel of in high school as you were making out, then told you to stop?  Yeah, she's probably now referring to that as a "rape."

That gal who took you back to her place after that crazy wedding reception, then fucked your brains out?  Yeah, she's probably now referring to that as a "rape."  She was drunk, see?

I think we've hit a point where we need a new word for actual, well, rape - as in, forcible, violent sexual penetration.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:14:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately I think AJ IN JAX is correct.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:16:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, I have had a similar experience with women, except it was they were molested as a child.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know a few too many that were actually raped (before the age of 14) it is quite sickening.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:18:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I have noticed it about the same as you. Some of them by family members as children. Always keep a close eye on your kids, Most of the ones raped by people close to them never admitted it until they were adults, but that time there is no telling how many people a predator has effected.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:18:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I have met many (say 1 out of 3) that were sexually assaulted by a relative or close family friend. Probably more like 8 out of 10 that were battered by a SO.

Not sure if it was a pity ploy or we are just filled with jerks (I am leaning to the latter)
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:22:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, and "learning how to shoot from an early age"  isn't going to prevent this kind of rape.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:24:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This, and "learning how to shoot from an early age"  isn't going to prevent this kind of rape.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You boys need to pressure wash out the smegma from time to time and that wont happen.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:25:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's got a point. Lots of women get drunk and feel like that had been taken advantage of.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:25:56 AM EDT
[#14]
ask to see the police report
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:27:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I am not sure where this is going. Ain't got a dog in the fight but I feel a shit storm a brewing...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:28:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Actually, I have had a similar experience with women, except it was they were molested as a child.
View Quote

Add the word "family"
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:30:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He's got a point. Lots of women get drunk and feel like that had been taken advantage of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shit you not, I have never slept with a strange drunk girl I randomly picked up. Taking advantage of women, even if they want it at the time, seems wrong to me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:30:13 AM EDT
[#18]
My mother is an alcoholic and a prescription med addict, and we haven't spoken in years. She is up in years now, her life is pretty sad.

When she first divorced my father, back in her 30's.....she did the "drunk/regret/fake rape" thing so often that the cops quit responding......
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:30:46 AM EDT
[#19]
ask them what the rape was. I've known a few who said they were raped. The screwed the guy, but didnt want to. Never said no, never acted no, never did anything to break off the encounter. But in her head she didnt want to, so it's rape.

bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:31:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of douchebags will also try to get women as drunk as possible for exactly this reason I have even see the bartenders pour some extra strong drinks for their buddies to give to girls.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:33:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I think there are a lot of victims out there suffering in silence, especially those of childhood abuse. The ones getting all the attention are the college girls who got drunk, slept with a dude and were dissapointed he wasn't as hot as they thought the morning after.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:33:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Once I hear that I go away.
Damaged goods in more ways than one and then there is always that chance they are not being truthful about this which I happen to know a woman that did in fact lie about such a thing according to her own sister.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:33:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Just another manipulative tool in their baggage.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I dated a girl one time that just bursted out crying during the middle of us doing the nasty.

Scared the shit out of me...

Long story short, her uncle or someone in her family raped her multiple times when she was a little girl and she thought about it every time she is in the act...

She wouldn't tell me who it was, but he did not serve any time and she said her "family handled it."

I don't know how her dad lives with himself knowing what happened and just turned the other cheek.. I would be in jail the rest of my life, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:35:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same question I had.

Also, is this the "get out of your heterocage" version of rape?

Or like, slapped around clothes torn off, violent against your will rape?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I shit you not, I have never slept with a strange drunk girl I randomly picked up. Taking advantage of women, even if they want it at the time, seems wrong to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  Just seems a dishonorable thing to do.  I never had any problem getting it from sober women in the first place.  It's funny how many of the guys I see who claim to be "players" are really just going to the bar and getting girls wasted.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:36:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'd daresay that most of those "rapes" were what I call regret rape where the female sleeps with someone voluntarily and then regrets her decision and twists it in her mind that she was somehow "raped.". Alcohol seems to play a pretty big part of it which isn't much of a surprise, especially when they are college age.

The other part of it is, once a female can claim she was "raped". whe can play the victim status forever. Nothing that goes bad in her life will ever be her fault, it will always be the "rapists" fault.

Total horseshit IMHO because it detracts from those females who are truly sexually assaulted and have serious mental or physical issues from it.
View Quote

There IS a lot of this in the world.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:36:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Add the word "family"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Add the word "family"

One sick ass story is so twisted.

Dated this gal and she tells me how "uncle Charlie" used to molest her out in his garage. She became pregnant at 15 with his child. Never told anyone who it was. Raised her son. Well, as an adult she is coming to grips with this and tells her aunt, after her mom had passed on. Aunt says, uncle Charlie used to molest your mother and you're uncle Charlie's daughter... Motherfucker!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:36:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you had sex while you're drunk?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I know a few too many that were actually raped (before the age of 14) it is quite sickening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me just put this out there too.

I've seen a woman (mids20's) right after she was raped.

She was kidnapped at gun point from our parking lot at work, taken to a home and raped for a few hours before the guy dropped her back off close to where he grabbed her.

She came screaming and crying through the office door trying in broken English to explain what happen to her.

Not something I ever want to see or hear again.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Same here.  Just seems a dishonorable thing to do.  I never had any problem getting it from sober women in the first place.  It's funny how many of the guys I see who claim to be "players" are really just going to the bar and getting girls wasted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here it is a honor thing I guess.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:39:37 AM EDT
[#32]
People on this site seem to be proud of being pricks. By rape I mean by force, hope your daughters never go through this only to have idiots blame it on them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:39:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but only with a person I have had sex with sober.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:40:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but you are a casting couch agent.  What did you expect in that profession?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#35]
1/3 have been raped or 1/3 just looking for some attention from a white knight?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
People on this site seem to be proud of being pricks. By rape I mean by force, hope your daughters never go through this only to have idiots blame it on them.
View Quote

Why are we supposedly "pricks?" Talk to a few cops and ask them what they think the percentage of real VS imagined rape is.

I haven't seen one post where someone has claimed that real forced rape is anything but a horrific thing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yeah, but you are a casting couch agent.  What did you expect in that profession?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:48:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

They will obviously call there daughters a slut and tell them that they got what they wanted.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Of the women I know close enough for them to tell me, I would guess 1/3 have been raped at some point. You can see how it still affects them and pisses me off to no end. WTF is wrong with this world? If I have daughters, they will start learning how to shoot at an early age.
View Quote
Assuming there's not a rape wave in your family, why are you having "close" conversations of this nature with women you know socially?

Do you steer the conversations toward rape?

That, in and of itself, probably warrants a conversation between you and a professional.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:52:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can answer this.  This discussion came up with a coworker a few months ago when we were talking about idiotic things seen at fraternity parties back in college.

It seems that -- according to her-- if a woman gets drunk at a party, has sex, and later regrets it, it is rape because she was not in a condition where she could give consent.

I then asked her "What is the guy was drunk as well?"

She said... "That's different.  It is still rape."

It seems that if a bunch of people get drunk and make questionable decisions, only part of the group are responsible for those choices.

I am not saying that there isn't a reason to be concerned about rape, nor am I saying that we should dismiss all claims of rape.  I AM saying that there is a serious disconnect in some people and all claims should be questioned before we start ruining lives.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:58:26 AM EDT
[#41]
I dont think having sex with a drunk woman who is outwardly willing qualifies as rape.

How would you know she is unwilling unless she communicates it?

If she says no, or tries to end it, and the man doesn't oblidge, then yeah, that is kinda rapey.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:58:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok.  I'll bite. Give us the scenarios you were told.  Make sure to emphasize whether there was alcohol involved, whether they were on a date and what the police did to investigate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Or boyfriend/hubby is .mil and deployed and cheats on him.  
From what I have experienced, these two are 95% of whats reported, and they say rape is under reported....
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:01:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
ask to see the police report
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:02:44 AM EDT
[#45]
statistics show that one in three women will be a victim of an assault in their lifetime
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have met many (say 1 out of 3) that were sexually assaulted by a relative or close family friend. Probably more like 8 out of 10 that were battered by a SO.

Not sure if it was a pity ploy or we are just filled with jerks (I am leaning to the latter)
View Quote

You're saying 80% of the women you meet have been battered?

WTF kind of company do you keep?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Ok.  I'll bite. Give us the scenarios you were told.  Make sure to emphasize whether there was alcohol involved, whether they were on a date and what the police did to investigate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And whether or not he masturbated to orgasm after seeking out victims and initiating such a prurient discussion.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:05:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Well this is an enlightening thread

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:05:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Assuming there's not a rape wave in your family, why are you having "close" conversations of this nature with women you know socially?

That, in and of itself, probably warrants a conversation between you and a professional.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After a 45 year old virgin and I split up after dating for some time she asked why I never raped her.

Who needs the help?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:06:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some women where it on their sleeve. We've crossed into some truly fucked up social situation where saying you've been raped puts you in certain class. And for those of you saying sleeping with a woman when she's drunk is dishonorable, grow up. What about when the guy is just as (if not more so) drunk? Seems to be 99% of the cases. Legally, sure. Nobody can consent to sex after a drink, but I'm not aware of a case where a guy claimed it and the woman was arrested for rape. There have been tons of cases where the roles were reversed. My position? Fuck off with your double standards and your "equality".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top