Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 7/23/2014 11:16:17 AM EDT
So it kind of came up in my global CCW thread, who else besides me draws a hard line at refusing to compromise self defense when traveling?  For me if you ban my carrying my gun, loaded on my person for self defense you ban me, pure, and simple.  If a country, or state says that I can not carry my pistol while I'm there I refuse to step foot their, and whenever possible refuse to do business with anyone there lest the communist homophobic sons of bitches running it get a few pennies of my money in tax, anyone else like me?

Basically go to USA Carry, and pull up the reciprocity map for Michigan, that is the boundaries of my World, everywhere else is black listed.  I'm even willing to get non resident permits to carry elsewhere, but it seems no black listed place will issue one if you are not rich, politically connected, a celebrity, or can afford to pay bribes.  I love to travel, and there are many places in the world that I would love to see, but i will not "compromise" on this issue, and give up my most basic human right, and endanger my life just to satisfy their stupidity, and hoplophobia.

I will also not visit the third world, weapon, or not.  Why would I?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a whole lot of world I want to see, so yes I will compromise self defense for the sake of travel.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a whole lot of world I want to see, so yes I will compromise self defense for the sake of travel.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope.  I visit where I want.  Iowa permit is good in about twenty states, unfortunately Minnesota isn't one of them.  I like visiting Minnesota.  So I don't carry in Minnesota.  I survived.  Life is full of compromises.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I travel for work.

2000 miles is faster by plane than by car.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I am playing dumb.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#6]

I always bring a concealable pistol, an AR pistol, and spare mags for both when traveling (driving) to CA.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
ya know a gun in its original box...
is ... well
in the worst place in the country how does one carry there purchase out of the store?

never mind

tl;dr i dont have time right now to edumacate youall

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I have occassional family obligations in New Jersey, so yes, I have to give up some of my options for self defense.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What they said
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I've traveled all over the world for both work and fun, including some pretty undesireable places. Being aware of the world around you and having an escape route is more valuable to your health and saftey than a loaded weapon. Trouble rarely just "happens" out of the blue, there are usually warning signs that you're being followed in a bad neighborhood or have been marked as a potential victim.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#11]
What's that phrase? Concealed means concealed? Yeah, I take that to heart.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I fly.....I compromise.....
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm annoyed we are taking a trip to big bear ca and the only way i could bring a pistol is locked in a container and unloaded.

I'll bring my knife but so much of the time even a loaded gun that you practice drawing from concealment with is too slow.

situational awareness goes a lot further
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
ya know a gun in its original box...
is ... well
in the worst place in the country how does one carry there purchase out of the store?

never mind

tl;dr i dont have time right now to edumacate youall

View Quote

I hear what your saying, but that would only work for residents of that state unless you have an FFL (assuming your talking about the US.  You would also be limited to off body, very slow to draw carry, and if the cop wanted to be a dick, and inspect it if he found it loaded, and with no sales receipt you could have a problem.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Meh. I do what I want.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Refusing to compromise is too often seen as being a redeeming quality at Arfcom.  Living in a civil society requires compromise at times.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#17]
If I can't get there by car, boat or motorcycle, its not worth seeing.

BTW, I did plenty of "traveling" during my time in the USCG and saw enough of the world to satisfy me for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Isn't that what "burners" are for???
if only Hi-point made a pocket sized gun...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Refusing to compromise is too often seen as being a redeeming quality at Arfcom.  Living in a civil society requires compromise at times.
View Quote

Where is the "compromise" between food, and cyanide?

I want to carry a gun, they want me to be defenseless, where is the compromise?

I'm willing to "compromise" in that I am willing to get THEIR permit, however they are not willing to issue me one, so who is not compromising?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#20]
When it comes to where I live, I'll never compromise.  When it comes to travel, I'll carry whatever I can legally wherever I go (knife, pepper spray etc...).  You never plan on leaving CONUS?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Isn't that what "burners" are for???
if only Hi-point made a pocket sized gun...
View Quote

Diamondback...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Southwest has never had a problem with me checking my gun.
The cruise ship allowed blades up to 4"
&
I carry these with me everywhere I go:

I know, I know
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#24]
all self defense involves compromise
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I always bring a concealable pistol, an AR pistol, and spare mags for both when traveling (driving) to CA.
View Quote

You could probably eliminate some potentially nasty problems if you brought in state legal magazines and weapons.  At least you would eliminate the felony issues,.  First time pop for illegal concealed carry is a misdemeanor, why voluntarily add multiple felonies?

Of course CA is so dangerous, we all carry all the time everywhere and gun battles erupt all the time in all cities.  Why just this morning and the last few days the anti-gun LA Times listed all the incidents you arae scared pissless over.  Let me post a link to some,.. eer, none today, err none this week, err none this monthe, err gee I can't find any.

Chuckwalla State is nice this time of year, and close for the family to visit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I will never give up self defense...of course a gun isn't the only tool to defend oneself with.

I love travel. I love seeing the world. It would be a sad and miserable life to place limits on where I can go because I can't be armed with a gun 24/7. Yes, carrying is wise and I think we ought to be able to carry anywhere we want.

If I had restricted myself to places I can carry I would have never seen the Cliffs of Moher with my wife, or drank beer in Munich with my Marines. Fuck that, I refuse to live like that.

ETA- some of the GREATEST memories I have are of places where I couldn't carry. I'm so glad that I'm not so narrowminded as to miss out on those things.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm annoyed we are taking a trip to big bear ca and the only way i could bring a pistol is locked in a container and unloaded.

I'll bring my knife but so much of the time even a loaded gun that you practice drawing from concealment with is too slow.

situational awareness goes a lot further
View Quote

Oh yeah Big Bear is a hotbed of criminal activity.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So it kind of came up in my global CCW thread, who else besides me draws a hard line at refusing to compromise self defense when traveling?  For me if you ban my carrying my gun, loaded on my person for self defense you ban me, pure, and simple.  If a country, or state says that I can not carry my pistol while I'm their I refuse to step foot their, and whenever possible refuse to do business with anyone there lest the communist homophobic sons of bitches running it get a few pennies of my money in tax, anyone else like me?

Basically go to USA Carry, and pull up the reciprocity map for Michigan, that is the boundaries of my World, everywhere else is black listed.  I'm even willing to get non resident permits to carry elsewhere, but it seems no black listed place will issue one if you are not rich, politically connected, a celebrity, or can afford to pay bribes.  I love to travel, and there are many places in the world that I would love to see, but i will not "compromise" on this issue, and give up my most basic human right, and endanger my life just to satisfy their stupidity, and hoplophobia.

I will also not visit the third world, weapon, or not.  Why would I?
View Quote

Congrats, you're exactly the kind of gun owner that makes us all look like retards.

And FYI, this post isn't new, it's been done many, many times before, and it always makes someone sound like an idiot.  I'm going to guess you have little to no interest in different cultures or travel anyway, so why bother?

Also, you there is not their.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You could probably eliminate some potentially nasty problems if you brought in state legal magazines and weapons.  At least you would eliminate the felony issues,.  First time pop for illegal concealed carry is a misdemeanor, why voluntarily add multiple felonies?

Of course CA is so dangerous, we all carry all the time everywhere and gun battles erupt all the time in all cities.  Why just this morning and the last few days the anti-gun LA Times listed all the incidents you arae scared pissless over.  Let me post a link to some,.. eer, none today, err none this week, err none this monthe, err gee I can't find any.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A gangbanger got stabbed in Oceanside like a year ago.

It's brutal out there
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I am playing dumb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am playing dumb.

Quoted:

What's that phrase? Concealed means concealed? Yeah, I take that to heart.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm willing to "compromise" in that I am willing to get THEIR permit, however they are not willing to issue me one, so who is not compromising?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that even mean?

The more you post on this subject, the more you look like Dumbo clinging to his feather.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Some of you are too damn paranoid.  Get the hell out of the basement.  See the world.  Live a little.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I was unarmed and almost murdered by Nessie in this pic. What was I thinking?!?!

Seriously though...drinking Scotch with my beautiful wife at Loch Ness? How could I miss that?!?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When it comes to where I live, I'll never compromise.  When it comes to travel, I'll carry whatever I can legally wherever I go (knife, pepper spray etc...).  You never plan on leaving CONUS?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was unarmed and almost murdered by Nessie in this pic. What was I thinking?!?!

Seriously though...drinking Scotch with my beautiful wife at Loch Ness? How could I miss that?!?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/226204_830778521218_2039651_n.jpg
View Quote

My people are originally from Inverness.. that's a trip I will make someday.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I carry everywhere I go. I will not visit any place in the country that will not allow me to carry. Nothing worth seeing anyways if I have to walk "naked".
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/226204_830778521218_2039651_n.jpg
View Quote

That is an awesome pic.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had a BLAST in Inverness. So much fun. I'll recommend you a great B&B if you ever go. If you remember this, send me an IM and I'll give you the contact info. Super cool people. The guy owns a legal Glock and a suppressed 7mm Mag he let me shoot You can't understand but 1 in 3 words he says though
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#40]
"T'AINT NO PLACE WORTH VISITING WHAT I CAN'T CARRY A GUN WITH ME."

What those of you sound like who say facepalm-y shit like that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That is an awesome pic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an awesome pic.

Thanks

One more.

OP, you ever been inside a 4,000 year old standing stone structure? Too bad, it was quite the experience.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Nope.  I visit where I want.  Iowa permit is good in about twenty states, unfortunately Minnesota isn't one of them.  I like visiting Minnesota.  So I don't carry in Minnesota.  I survived.  Life is full of compromises.
View Quote

You need to get a Utah permit, so you can carry in MN.

That's what I did.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if you want to travel on a passenger plane you're not willing to place your firearm in custody for the duration of the trip?  That would be a compromise.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks

One more.

OP, you ever been inside a 4,000 year old standing stone structure? Too bad, it was quite the experience.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/227587_830779584088_2369535_n.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an awesome pic.

Thanks

One more.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/227587_830779584088_2369535_n.jpg

Uh huh, that's where the Muslims wait to strike because they know you're not armed there.  Tell me you at least had a grenade with you, come on man!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Uh huh, that's where the Muslims wait to strike because they know you're not armed there.  Tell me you at least had a grenade with you, come on man!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an awesome pic.

Thanks

One more.

I had grenades in my pockets and she has lead weights sewn in her scarf to beat people with.

I also rented an up armored Fiat.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

You sound like a Marxist.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I travel A LOT for work.  I mostly stay in FL, GA, SC, and MI.  I have a MI and FL CPL.  I think the FL trumps because I am a FL resident.  Either way, I carry in all four of those states.  Within the last year, the only time I was without a firearm, I was in TX for a week.  That was just poor planning on my part.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Drove to Chicago to watch my Cubbies. I had never been to Wrigley. Felt naked in that shithole.

I still carried a knife and 5.3

I had lots of fun, I doubt I will ever be back though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#49]
If society isn't ready to accept me with a long arm, side arm, and seven reload for each then I am not ready to leave the basement.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not unless I can bring my gun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top