Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 7/22/2014 1:57:31 AM EDT
No joke.

Marriage of 12 years went south, and now I find my self divorced.

Being 35 and single kind of sucks.  Every woman my age either has kids, is married, or a train wreck.

To old to be hanging out in bars, and truth be told, bar skanks are not really my cup of tea.  

So here I am, trust in women shot, I realized last week that I have not bought clothes for myself in 12 years, now what the hell do I do?

I guess it is currency, motorcycles, hot rods, and tattoos for this guy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

One of those words doesn't belong
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:59:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Give it time. You'll be the envy of many of us soon. Keep your head up OP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Give it time. You'll be the envy of many of us soon. Keep your head up OP.
View Quote

Trying man, I have found that my smile is a lie.  Though a necessary one.  Fake it till you make it, or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:01:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Gym.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, good luck there bud.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:01:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No joke.

Being 35 and single kind of sucks.  Every woman my age either has kids, is married, or a train wreck.

To old to be hanging out in bars, and truth be told, bar skanks are not really my cup of tea.  

So here I am, trust in women shot, I realized last week that I have not bought clothes for myself in 12 years, now what the hell do I do?

View Quote

35 and in your prime. Pull up your boot straps cowboy, lift some weights get in shape and find the woman of your dreams who is meant to be!

Men age like a fine brandy, women..... like a poorly bottled beer. Cheer up, buttercup.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gym.
View Quote

Already do...4 times a week.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:03:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone should live by themselves at least once in their lives. If you haven't before, then now is the time to learn how.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:04:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No joke.

View Quote

I'm not much younger than you and I still go clubbing and bang chicks in their mid to early 20's.

You're not too old. Step up your game. Lol.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not sure what to make of GD anymore.  People are married and upset, then they're single and upset..

Hang in op, everyone has their own bag of rocks to carry, remember that.. you're not alone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:05:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm not much younger than you and I still go clubbing and bang chicks in their mid to early 20's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke.

Going to try to take notes from this guy since I'll probably be out of the house and earning some money around 30 if the economy keeps going in the direction its headed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:05:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Everyone should live by themselves at least once in their lives. If you haven't before, then now is the time to learn how.
View Quote

Yeah I know, stuck in a house that is full of memories, trying to keep myself busy.  I am not afraid of living alone, pretty much have been for a year or so anyway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:07:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:t I have not bought clothes for myself in 12 years
View Quote

You're probably due for some new underwear.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what to make of GD anymore.  People are married and upset, then they're single and upset..

Hang in op, everyone has their own bag of rocks to carry, remember that.. you're not alone.
View Quote

Not upset...sort of numb to feelings anymore.  Either I am a bad ass that can handle anything that is thrown at me or I am a narcissistic sociopath.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:07:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:t I have not bought clothes for myself in 12 years

Lol...ya think?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Look at it this way. I was in the same boat as you when I was 32. I had been married for 12 years and got dumped. If that hadn't happened I wouldn't have met my current wife who is a much better person than my ex ever was. I met my current wife in Walmart. She was working there at the time. Since then she has become a nurse. Sometimes things happen for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:10:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah I know, stuck in a house that is full of memories, trying to keep myself busy.  I am not afraid of living alone, pretty much have been for a year or so anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have friends you can go out with?

If not, find some... it would help if they were single too. It gets harder and harder to have single friends as you get into your 30's. Most guys have taken themselves off the market by then, which is sad. I've been getting more interest from women in my 30's than I did in my 20's. It's way easier now.

Never married... and the party continues.

Edit: edited to sound like less of a douche. Lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:10:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Look at it this way. I was in the same boat as you when I was 32. I had been married for 12 years and got dumped. If that hadn't happened I wouldn't have met my current wife who is a much better person than my ex ever was. I met my current wife in Walmart. She was working there at the time. Since then she has become a nurse. Sometimes things happen for a reason.
View Quote

I am just trying to take it one day at a time, not really interested in women at the moment.  My friends however are failing to grasp that concept, and keep on trying to hook me up with bar skanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:11:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If not, find some... it would help if they were single too. It gets harder and harder to have single friends as you get into your 30's. Most guys have taken themselves off the market by then, which is sad. I've been getting more tail in my 30's than I did in my 20's. It's way easier now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If not, find some... it would help if they were single too. It gets harder and harder to have single friends as you get into your 30's. Most guys have taken themselves off the market by then, which is sad. I've been getting more tail in my 30's than I did in my 20's. It's way easier now.

I have a few friends.  They seem to give the worst advice ever though, sort of like any relationship thread in GD.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:13:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I posted this up because I figure that it would be a usefull tool to get advice from others in here who have/are going through the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:14:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have a few friends.  They seem to give the worst advice ever though, sort of like any relationship thread in GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:15:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:15:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell with their advice. You just need a couple wingmen to ease you back into going out and the social scene. Once you're comfortable in that environment again, you can start flying solo without the training wheels. It always helps to have help at first.

Trust me OP, life as a single dude can be good, but it is what you make of it. Women rarely fall into your lap. You have to get out there and put yourself in situations where opportunity can be seized.

Don't waste time thinking about how bad it is to be single. Life is too short. Make being single work for you. You're now free to pursue any woman you want. Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:20:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Not really upset about bing single per say...I just don't know how to do it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Find one younger that you, before they get all messed up in the head, maybe in the 27-30 range, or live life happy single
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not really upset about bing single per say...I just don't know how to do it.

View Quote

Don't do this.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:26:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I am just trying to take it one day at a time, not really interested in women at the moment.  My friends however are failing to grasp that concept, and keep on trying to hook me up with bar skanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya gotta slay some dragons to get to the princess dude.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:27:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not upset....  Either I am a bad ass that can handle anything that is thrown at me or I am a narcissistic sociopath.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not upset....  Either I am a bad ass that can handle anything that is thrown at me or I am a narcissistic sociopath.

this is a defense mechanism.  I do this too. probably everyone does to some extent.  I know why i do it. past experience that doesn't need discussed here, but my emotions shut off like a faucet. it's scary in it's own way...

good luck, after every shit period,  there comes sun.

if you need some inspiration, go read dragracerart's thread. that thread has me considering tossing my wife out just to see what happens

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:28:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke.

You both need to step up. I'm 41 and banged a 26yo weekend before last.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:28:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see what you're saying, but being a man whore is just not my thing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:29:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Enlarge your circle of friends.  Go do things you enjoy and meet people doing it.  Try a new gym.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:29:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

this is a defense mechanism.  I do this too. probably everyone does to some extent.  I know why i do it. past experience that doesn't need discussed here, but my emotions shut off like a faucet. it's scary in it's own way...

if you need some inspiration, go read dragracerart's thread. that thread has me considering tossing my wife out just to see what happens

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:30:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Enlarge your circle of friends.  Go do things you enjoy and meet people doing it.  Try a new gym.  Good luck.
View Quote

Guitar Center has a Friday/Saturday night open jam session that I have toyed around with going to (been blaying bass guitar since I was 13).
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:31:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa...whoa, WHOA!

Stop right there, my friend.  You're either going to make that place YOURS or move right now.  Rearrange the furniture, paint the walls, replace the floors, the curtains, whatever you need to do to make it YOURS.  

And tell yourself every time you have some crippling memory:  "This is MINE, damn it.  BigW1stCav said so.  That dumb Ohio fucker is right.  This is mine."  

Nothing is more depressing than wandering around something you shared and thinking:  "Oh Geez...here's where she was that time when I farted and she said it smelled like cabbage and earthworms....and here's where I was that time she called me a dickhead."  

Move your bedroom or whatever it takes, but make it all yours.    

Got it?  Do it now!!!  Quit fucking around, and start fucking around!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:32:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke.

I'm always glad to take my game to another level. Wish I had to the time and money. Going out gets expensive.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:33:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke.

45 goes into 27 just fine. You need to step it up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No joke.

View Quote

I was in your shoes exactly, went to have a few drinks with friends and found a 10 year younger nurse and our 5 year anniversary is coming up in a few months.
On a side note I have a buddy that's been single without so much as a date for 8 years after his 8 year marriage went south
The moral of the story is get out of the basement
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:34:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Whoa...whoa, WHOA!

Stop right there, my friend.  You're either going to make that place YOURS or move right now.  Rearrange the furniture, paint the walls, replace the floors, the curtains, whatever you need to do to make it YOURS.  

And tell yourself every time you have some crippling memory:  "This is MINE, damn it.  BigW1stCav said so.  That dumb Ohio fucker is right.  This is mine."  

Nothing is more depressing than wandering around something you shared and thinking:  "Oh Geez...here's where she was that time when I farted and she said it smelled like cabbage and earthworms....and here's where I was that time she called me a dickhead."  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa...whoa, WHOA!

Not back in my house yet, moving back in at the end of the month.  Have a couple of female friends that are going to help me repaint and a few ARFCOM friends coming by to help me do some of the more difficult remodels.  First thing gone will be that fucking hydrandria (sp?) out of the front yard...I've always hated that fucking plant.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Plenty of members here Can help you with that..
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke.

If she is hideous it doesn't really matter. Lol.

You guys keep on throwing out ages... but you're not saying whether they are 4's or 10's. Lmao.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:36:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I was in your shoes exactly, went to have a few drinks with friends and found a 10 year younger nurse and our 5 year anniversary is coming up in a few months.
On a side note I have a buddy that's been single without so much as a date for 8 years after his 8 year marriage went south
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke.

I hope it won't be 8 years.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:37:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You guys keep on throwing out ages... but you're not saying whether they are 4's or 10's. Lmao.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke.

My ex-wife is a solid 8.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:38:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Sad thread is sad
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:39:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sad thread is sad
View Quote

What is sad about it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:40:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My ex-wife is a solid 8.
View Quote

Who cares about exes?

Greener pastures aplenty out there brother. Go start munching on some grass.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:40:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:40:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke.

I would throw you an ass pic but your mother probably wouldn't approve.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:41:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Gym.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:41:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Whoa...whoa, WHOA!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa...whoa, WHOA!

Listen to this man....I mean what the hell are you here for if you don't head this priceless advice only GD can give
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top