Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/2/2014 4:38:55 PM EDT

http://time.com/2809352/bowe-bergdahl-deserter-army-taliban/

Chances are you haven’t heard of the six soldiers who died hunting for him after he went missing, according to military officials. Now that Bergdahl has been sprung—in exchange for five senior Taliban officials, who had been imprisoned at Guantanamo—soldiers who served with Bergdahl are grumbling that he deserted and shouldn’t be hailed as a hero, especially given the resulting cost in American lives.

The bile surrounding his rescue is blunt on his Fort Richardson, Alaska brigade’s Facebook page:

•“I say we welcome him home with a firing squad.,” one says. “He’s a piece of trash and everyone from [Fort Richardson] knows it the only person less American than that man is the president for giving up 5 hvt’s [High-Value Targets]”

•“Now he can stand trial for deserting his post,” says one message on his unit’s Facebook page—a sentiment that has garnered 44 “likes”.

•“Do you know how many families never saw their loved ones because of him?” a third poster asked.

Commenters who suggested such comments were unduly harsh were dismissed by and large. “Maybe if you knew the truth and the sacrifices made from people in our units in Alaska to find this douche you wouldn’t feel the way you do,” one responded to a poster urging restraint. “I feel worse for the kids who have to grow up fatherless cause their daddies died looking for this punk.”

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
RIP
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how many died capturing those that were released.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
RIP

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont know much about this case, but on the surface it appears to be,,, fuck that douche
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Other units lost soldiers due to his desertion also. Oh, and the horrible wounds that some are living with now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#8]
They won't be able to keep the lid on it forever.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]

So F'd
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Saw an interview with a guy from his unit.  Flat out called him a deserted and said he knew exactly what he was doing and walked off and abandoned his post and brothers.  That says a lot.

Rip for the brothers who died trying to find this deserter.

6 Americans and  6 Taliban leaders for this guy?

FBHO
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#11]
However many there were, their lives were worth much, much more than Bergdahl's

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The POS's family gets to be celebs for a while, get national attention, get to meet the president.

The families of the real heroes? Not so much.  But we'll see.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#13]
He will be hailed a hero. Medals will be pinned on his chest. And then he will turn on us again.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#14]
the father is a taliban sympathizer.

one of Bowe's teammates said just before going missing he mailed his personal stuff home
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
the father is a taliban sympathizer.

one of Bowe's teammates said just before going missing he mailed his personal stuff home
View Quote

I truly believe his intention was to defect to the taliban.

That's the worst kind of enemy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

He will be hailed a hero. Medals will be pinned on his chest. And then he will turn on us again.
View Quote
Homeland..

better bergdahl or whatever the fuck is name is is Coc'd? now so more dont die because he turned.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Saw an interview with a guy from his unit.  Flat out called him a deserted and said he knew exactly what he was doing and walked off and abandoned his post and brothers.  That says a lot.

FBHO
View Quote

Says a lot when no one will say anything halfway positive about you.

Shit, I know guys that are POS.  But at least I can honestly say they will fucking fight, and aren't goddamned cowards.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Snowden would make a nice roommate for him at Gitmo.

God Bless those who lost their lives.

This president can pull a marine out of mexico but we can release war criminals for a this guy? I don't know that we will ever get out country back

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm beginning to wonder if he was even really a prisoner
I'm reading in multiple places that he went awol
could he have told them "let me give you info and 'hold me prisoner' for a few years and then try trading me back for some of your comrades"
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Snowden would make a nice roommate for him at Gitmo.

God Bless those who lost their lives.

This president can pull a marine out of mexico but we can release war criminals for a this guy? I don't know that we will ever get out country back
View Quote

The Marine in Mexico is not a traitor and sympathiser of the enemy so Obama will ignore him
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Watched the piece on Fox about this. Showed his piece of shit father saying a little prayer in Arabic and our esteemed Commander in Chief smiling ear to ear next to him. This is a disgrace. I'm so angry and bitter and ashamed that I want to drink
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I feel so sorry for the real heroes who died looking for him

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#24]
And the Kenyan violates recent US law by not notifying Congress 30 days ahead of the swap?

Next election cycle just ask candidates if they would give up high value targets in exchange for deserters?
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#25]
It appears the 5 Taliban arrived in Qatar under no supervision or guard. Wonder how long it will take them to make their way back to Afghanistan and get back in the fight.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I can easily see a government exchanging 6 high value targets for a deserter and a traitor - it is extremely important that deserters and traitors be shown the fullness of the law with extreme prejudice.  

Unfortunately, he was doing the will of the POS apparently...
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I am now ashamed of my country. Ashamed of a place where half the population supports this administration, this corrupt government, this treason in the highest office. Supports these people that they've sold their souls to in exchange for being able to collect a few dollars every month, at other's expense, while leading a useless life. Ashamed of a Congress full of cowards who won't do their duty, a media that is complicit instead of laying bare the truth. I can't believe what all I have witnessed in the last 6 years. I have no reason to believe we will ever get it back.

As I do on this weekend every year, I think I will go to the Reading WWII show and spend some time with some real heroes, at least the few who are left. I will listen to them tell of their experiences, chat with them, shake a few hands and experience a little of the time when this was a great country that did great things. We saved the world from evil people, who like the Taliban, Al Qaeda and radical Islam, wanted to exterminate those who disagreed with them. Now we kiss their ass and make deals with them. Allow them to influence policy. Apologize to them for being a great nation.  I'm sure I will shed a tear or two.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Shit, I know guys that are POS.  But at least I can honestly say they will fucking fight, and aren't goddamned cowards.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBHO  

You're insulting cowards by equating them with B.  Cowards simply run away from the fight.  B ran to the enemy to join them in the fight against his own unit.  The most sniveling cowards out there is not that low.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And the general consensus that the ambushes in the area became more organized...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Other units lost soldiers due to his desertion also. Oh, and the horrible wounds that some are living with now.

And the general consensus that the ambushes in the area became more organized...

The desertion/defection emboldened the enemy. It also consumed resources like air support and QRF theater-wide.  

We knew the Dbag was giving unit specific info on TTP's.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow. No shit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Does anyone else think this is a real life Brody? I do. Fuck this clown! RIP to the the honorable men who died to protect him.  Yet  another joke in the Obama foreign policy. What a bunch of fucking pansies
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#35]
i'm sure that those who choose to live by the sword do so because they embrace life and death and not because they need your sympathy when they fall.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It appears the 5 Taliban arrived in Qatar under no supervision or guard. Wonder how long it will take them to make their way back to Afghanistan and get back in the fight.
View Quote
More than likely, they're already on their way

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

i'm sure that those who choose to live by the sword do so because they embrace life and death and not because they need your sympathy when they fall.
View Quote
?

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Dam
Quoted:

Wow. No shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. No shit.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

How many people have those five killed directly or indirectly???  Thousands I am sure.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh GTFO troll.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Bump..
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#44]
the MSM has already been referring to him as a deserter...

seems like a good opportunity to point out obama's limp-wristed shitbaggery and sway moderate voters further away from him/his party.

it's really too bad soldiers died trying to retrieve that fellow. their stories should be repeated.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Everything about this story makes me sick to my stomach.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

And how many more will die now that they were released.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Fu*k him and fu*k his piece of shit father.

When I saw Abdul Berghdal on the white house lawn preaching his filth I literally had to do a double take....

It's a damn shame to the guys who went out day after day, night after night looking for his sorry ass.

Even his captors are admitting he was free to walk around the place he was kept.

Try him for desertion and give a front row seat to all the family members of the Soldiers who died looking for him, when he didn't even want to be found....

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#49]
There are quite a few guys from that regiment that live in my apartment complex.  One guy has the lifted brodozer from hell with Texas plates and "COME TAKE IT" painted on the tail gate.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

The whole story is absolutely disgusting.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top