Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Posted: 4/23/2014 8:40:16 PM EDT
2 of my 3 dogs are the red variety now they are no longer safe.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/23/texas-farmer-calls-police-to-report-a-break-in-when-a-deputy-arrived-hours-later-his-nightmare-began/

Next they will be shooting Pomeranians.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
"The man also revealed in the video that he had to drown his own dog to put her out of her misery because the officer didn’t shoot in a way that killed her."

Damn.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
There is some serious sociopaths that become cops.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You might want to look up the definition of that word. Unless we watched different videos.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if cops have any idea why people don't respect them anymore.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You might want to look up the definition of that word. Unless we watched different videos.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The vet said the dog was shot while running away.

Cattle dogs are usually about 35-55 pounds max.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
was this a problem 20 years ago?

if not why? what has changed?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Where was this dumb dog when the guy's house was getting broken into?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Farmer calls Police to report a break-in.

Police show up.

"The barking dog then jumped down and Middleton lost sight of her."

Officer shots dog.

Officer apologizes to owner. "Listen to me partner, I feel bad about shooting your dog. I had no other choice, I wasn't going to get bit"

Do you honestly think the officer went to that house with the intention of shooting a dog?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck, that was hard to watch and listen to.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Where was this dumb dog when the guy's house was getting broken into?
View Quote

Sounds like with her owner, working.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Police show up.

Officer shots dog.

Officer apologizes to owner. "Listen to me partner, I feel bad about shooting your dog. I had no other choice, I wasn't going to get bit"

Do you honestly think the officer went to that house with the intention of shooting a dog?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police show up.

Officer shots dog.

Probably not but the opportunity was to hard to resist. These people are sick. I bet there are at least several thousand dogs shot every year.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Then along come all his thin blue line buddies to cover it up/make excuses.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe...starting to make me wonder.  What ever happened to a swift knock to the muzzle of a dog?  At least they went home safe that night.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Probably not but the opportunity was to hard to resist. These people are sick. I bet there are at least several thousand dogs shot every year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police show up.

Officer shots dog.

I highly doubt that 7+ dogs are shot every day, 365 days in a row, by LEO.

Calm down kid.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well I have never shot one and neither has anyone I work with for the time that I have been there.  Hell, I have been bitten and still didn't shoot.  What I have done though is seen many a Joe Public who mistreats, kills, and fails to take adequate care of their animals.  Maybe I should not respect the public at large anymore based on this?

With that said, it baffles me how ignorant some people are of dogs and how to approach and deal with them.  This is not limited to cops.  If they are that way as cops, they were that way before they were cops.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well I have never shot one and neither has anyone I work with for the time that I have been there.  Hell, I have been bitten and still didn't shoot.  What I have done though is seen many a Joe Public who mistreats, kills, and fails to take adequate care of their animals.  Maybe I should not respect the public at large anymore based on this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of you don't

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What video are you watching? Please send me that link.

They were called for a breaking and entering call. You think ONE officer is showing up to that? The Deputies in the video are calm and aren't even saying a word. The only one speaking is the Deputy that shot the dog. Save your junior high anti-Police bullshit for an incident that deserves it.

ETA: Ok another officer is speaking to the dog owner after a little while. He is calm and polite. Not making excuses for anything.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They were called for a breaking and entering call. You think ONE officer is showing up to that? The Deputies in the video are calm and aren't even saying a word. The only one speaking is the Deputy that shot the dog. Save your junior high anti-Police bullshit for an incident that deserves it.

ETA: Ok another officer is speaking to the dog owner after a little while. He is calm and polite. Not making excuses for anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtSvtGnZsl4
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#20]
If this was a story about some jogger who got mauled by a dog, most of the comments would be about shooting the dog before it bit you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#21]
 Fucking cops are out of control in this country.

This town needs an enema....
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Sad, why even call those worthless cock suckers out? Yea, maybe you need a report for insurance but you should be able to do that over the phone.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

So only a sociopath can shoot a dog that's unsecured on a leash, showing it's teeth and moving towards you or a third party?
Otherwise...the officer should never shoot any animal, no matter the danger?

Dogs care a number of diseases (including rabies) which have no cure, including being able to kill you (depending upon the breed).
Secure your dogs and you won't have a problem.  Dogs are not people.  Neither are they intelligent enough to defend themselves.
They have instincts which have been passed down from generations which are to protect the home/owners.  That can be a real problem
if the owners are shitbags and the police have to enter the property of said shitbags.  The dog is going to know no different.

If you want to blame somebody, blame the stupid owners.  Police officers and firefighters don't get paid to be bit by any animal.  Especially animals
who haven't been properly vaccinated/cared for (as we know all the hooligans up in the hood are up to date on all of their dogs' vaccinations and such.
Nearly all of these things come back on the owner.

So please, keep your hyperbole to yourself.  Nearly any officer would shoot an aggressive dog off its leash or attacking another officer while in a suspect's home--especially if its a dog exhibiting weird behavior
which could be rabies.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If this was a story about some jogger who got mauled by a dog, most of the comments would be about shooting the dog before it bit you.
View Quote

Of course, generally that is often the case (have not watched the video in this case).  They are often outraged because a cop did it even if he was justified.  Hell, I remember a thread where someone killed and ate a dog.  I was horrified but many of the posters were simply making jokes about it.  I realized then.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, Police Officers are supposed to know which dogs will bite and which ones will not when they come running up to them barking. If they get bit that means they chose incorrectly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sounds like a psychopath and a coward... good fit for a badge these days
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So only a sociopath can shoot a dog that's unsecured on a leash, showing it's teeth and moving towards you or a third party?

Dogs care a number of diseases (including rabies) which have no cure, including being able to kill you (depending upon the breed).
Secure your dogs and you won't have a problem.  Dogs are not people.  Neither are they intelligent enough to defend themselves.
They have instincts which have been passed down from generations which are to protect the home/owners.  That can be a real problem
if the owners are shitbags and the police have to enter the property of said shitbags.  The dog is going to know no different.

If you want to blame somebody, blame the stupid owners.  Police officers and firefighters don't get paid to be bit by any animal.  Especially animals
who haven't been properly vaccinated/cared for (as we know all the hooligans up in the hood are up to date on all of their dogs' vaccinations and such.

So please, keep your hyperbole to yourself.  Nearly any officer would shoot an aggressive dog off its leash or attacking another officer while in a suspect's home--especially if its a dog exhibiting weird behavior
which could be rabies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

Calm down Nancy....fucking rabies.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Of course.  They are outraged because a cop did it.  Hell, I remember a thread where someone killed and ate a dog.  I was horrified but many of the posters were simply making jokes about it.  I realized then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.  They are outraged because a cop did it.  Hell, I remember a thread where someone killed and ate a dog.  I was horrified but many of the posters were simply making jokes about it.  I realized then.

we don't need to bring obama into this
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, I see the blue crew has been dispatched....

Don't invite the popo into your life, especially if your a dog owner.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

which could be rabies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

Stop making excuses the autopsy said the dog was shot from behind. So it may have run up barked a bit then ran back towards the house.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

which could be rabies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

Dumbest comment so far. Congrats 13'er. The cops were not at the suspect's home.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#33]
You now own pit bulls.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Stop making excuses the autopsy said the dog was shot from behind. So it may have run up barked a bit then ran back towards the house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

which could be rabies.

Making up stupid scenarios is a symptom of rabies.......next is foaming at the mouth and writing seat belt violations.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Don't talk to cops....sad but true fact these days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Fuckheads.  If those idiots are that scared of a small herding dog (doing exactly what they are trained/bread to do), WTF are they going to do when they get a serious life/death type call?  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#37]
some of you
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#38]
They need mental screenings every so often but the police unions will fight that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who would go jogging in someone else's barn?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#40]

"You’re invading her property, but she wouldn’t bite you! she’s never bitten anybody!” the man shouts.

View Quote

1) You called, and 2) I don't know your dog's history, and honestly don't really give a shit either when your dog is growling and running at me.

The cops weren't going to do shit about the burglary anyway, but if you're going to call them, at least lock your animals up first.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Fuckheads.  If those idiots are that scared of a small herding dog (doing exactly what they are trained/bread to do), WTF are they going to do when they get a serious life/death type call?  

View Quote

Here's 2 of mine that are sisters with week old kittens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZpUwQ4NMxA

Mine swimming in the Colorado river:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHtmIMN00U

Mine not even bothering "Elvis" the Duck......The yorkie want a piece of that duck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZOterf8kVw

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a joke or are you differently abled
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So really you are mostly upset because the dog was of a breed that you also own. Do you expect every Police Officer to be an expert on cattle dog breeds? If the story was about a pit bull would you be just as upset?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Stop making excuses the autopsy said the dog was shot from behind.
View Quote

You got a link for that claim? I'd say that pretty much closes the case if you can provide proof.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So really you are mostly upset because the dog was of a breed that you also own. Do you expect every Police Officer to be an expert on cattle dog breeds? If the story was about a pit bull would you be just as upset?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends if the dog was actually attacking. This shoot first ask questions later shit need to stop.
Seem to be a huge jump in people being shot also.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

1) You called, and 2) I don't know your dog's history, and honestly don't really give a shit either when your dog is growling and running at me.

The cops weren't going to do shit about the burglary anyway, but if you're going to call them, at least lock your animals up first.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"You’re invading her property, but she wouldn’t bite you! she’s never bitten anybody!” the man shouts.

Right.  I'm going to lock up a good portion of my productive workforce while I wait for a LEO...  They're so punctual, especially in the country.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You got a link for that claim? I'd say that pretty much closes the case if you can provide proof.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Booyah!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the original article.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lock up all the farm animals?  Cattle, horses, chickens....including the pigs?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured you were joking since you were the one talking about how things would be different if the circumstances were different...
Uhh,....yeah, that's why they call it "different".
In other words, I was mocking you for bringing up a point that had nothing to do with this story to somehow make people second guess their opinions about the officer's actions.

As you were...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top