Page / 3
Posted: 4/23/2014 6:17:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
F150>>>>>>>>>> Tundra.

/thread
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The low end grunt of the eco boost would prob get that shuttle up to speed twice as fast as the tundra.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:21:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The F150 is a lesser truck compared to the Tundra.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
F150>>>>>>>>>> Tundra.

/thread
View Quote

Nope. Fill that Ford's bed with these, you're gonna need them eventually. And repeatedly.

Longevity in other ways as well. An early gen Tundra, maintained, will have zero squeaks or rattles or vibration. It'll drive like a new truck. Try that with a decade-plus-old F-150. Last time I went to Car World in Candia, the biggest u-pick in the area, there were ROWS of 2000 and up F-150s with intact bodies, but just crapped out. There was only one Tundra, and it looked like it'd crashed into a building.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
F150>>>>>>>>>> Tundra.

/thread
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
F150>>>>>>>>>> Tundra.

/thread
View Quote

TUNDRA owns all.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Those Tundras are huge!
I would have bought one if I could have fit it in my garage.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nope. Fill that Ford's bed with these, you're gonna need them eventually. And repeatedly.

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac91/metrius_photos/COP.jpg

Longevity in other ways as well. An early gen Tundra, maintained, will have zero squeaks or rattles or vibration. It'll drive like a new truck. Try that with a decade-plus-old F-150.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F150>>>>>>>>>> Tundra.

/thread

Longevity in other ways as well. An early gen Tundra, maintained, will have zero squeaks or rattles or vibration. It'll drive like a new truck. Try that with a decade-plus-old F-150.

Why are there 8 in that picture, and the ecoboost is a 6?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Aimless, does it have the V8?

If so, are you only allowed to use 7 of the cylinders at a time?  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:29:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey Aimless, does it have the V8?

If so, are you only allowed to use 7 of the cylinders at a time?  
View Quote

Ba dum tsss
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Penguins driving vehicles? crazy man, crazy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Longevity in other ways as well. An early gen Tundra, maintained, will have zero squeaks or rattles or vibration. It'll drive like a new truck. Try that with a decade-plus-old F-150. Last time I went to Car World in Candia, the biggest u-pick in the area, there were ROWS of 2000 and up F-150s with intact bodies, but just crapped out. There was only one Tundra, and it looked like it'd crashed into a building.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F150>>>>>>>>>> Tundra.

/thread

He's talking new. Now were he looking for one that had a 5.4 in it.... Yep. Total POS motor (except for the early 2 valves).
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F150>>>>>>>>>> Tundra.

/thread

If we were to plot confirmation bias and sampling error on the same graph, your post above is right where those two lines would interect.

What were the actual numbers of F-150's produced during that time frame vs. the number of Tundras?

There was a COPS like show on years ago where a state trooper wrapped up the show about being safe driving near home:  "Most vehicle accidents happen near your home."

Well, hey, no shit sherlock!  Most of my driving happens to be...wait for it...around my home.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#14]
How can a Penguin steer anyway? wouldn't the flippers slip on the steering wheel?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Got 5.7?

Love my CrewMax
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F150>>>>>>>>>> Tundra.

/thread

No shit? So your telling me that because there were more fords there that means they are shit? Or does it show that more people use fords than a tundra?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Based on your post about running lights always on I guessed you had a Tundra.

It's the only complaint that I have about mine...other than the gas mileage.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Friend of mine just dumped his Tundra for an F150. Seems the FlexFuel motor wouldn't flex back after running a tank of E85. It smoked like a diesel on startup and he lost 3mpg.

The Toyota dealer told him they all did that and he got nowhere calling Toyota. He got the runaround for a couple of months and went to an F150.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:51:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Got 5.7?
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/postban/TRW/1367286568_zps31de3b3d.jpg

Love my CrewMax
<a href="http://s44.photobucket.com/user/postban/media/TRW/20130430_070758_zpsb1b4feaf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/postban/TRW/th_20130430_070758_zpsb1b4feaf.jpg</a>
View Quote

Who doesn't? They've been using the same exact engine for years now.
There's nothing about that engine that's looking into the future.

Hope they have their shit together when they finally have to release their turbo DI engine.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#24]

I have a 2008 Tundra Crewmax. I bought it specifically because the rear seating area is so large. I makes for some comfortable traveling for the rear seat occupants.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Friend of mine just dumped his Tundra for an F150. Seems the FlexFuel motor wouldn't flex back after running a tank of E85. It smoked like a diesel on startup and he lost 3mpg.

The Toyota dealer told him they all did that and he got nowhere calling Toyota. He got the runaround for a couple of months and went to an F150.
View Quote
That's good information to know.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:10:03 AM EDT
[#26]
It's hard not to smile when you have over 380 horses under your right foot... I miss my payed for f150 but my 07 tundra double cab is twice the truck it was and the kids love the back seat DVD player and head phones.  It came in handy for the drive to Disney world.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
beak  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can a Penguin steer anyway? wouldn't the flippers slip on the steering wheel?
beak  

LMAO. I needed that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Added bonus, when you buy a Tundra you are not supporting UAW workers like buying the F150.  I refuse to buy another UAW made vehicle as long as they support the Democrats.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I would love a tundra. Looked at an f150 fx4 a couple weeks ago and they wanted like 45k for it. I can't believe people pay that much for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
beak  

I would love a tundra. Looked at an f150 fx4 a couple weeks ago and they wanted like 45k for it. I can't believe people pay that much for them.

A GF of mine has a Tundra...that thing is like a brick, solid but so darned BIG. Its too much truck for me.
I've never been all that impressed with the F150.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#30]
That whole shuttle stage advertisement has suckered a lot of people into the marketing machine.

That was the most hilarious thing I have seen on how they marketed that shuttle pull... should have been borderline false advertising.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That whole shuttle stage advertisement has suckered a lot of people into the marketing machine.

That was the most hilarious thing I have seen on how they marketed that shuttle pull... should have been borderline false advertising.
View Quote

I have no clue what you guys are talking about here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The low end grunt of the eco boost would prob get that shuttle up to speed twice as fast as the tundra.
View Quote

Haha, highly doubt that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
beak  

Next January or February, 2015, go looking at the dealerships for the remaining 2014 model year F-150's they have on the lot.  Should easily knock 10 to 15 thousand dollars off the sticker price.

I don't tow anything so my next truck will most likely be a Canyon/Colorado or a used Dodge Dakota.  Lugging AR500 plates in my trunk is beginning to suck.

I'd really like to get a Volkswagen with the TDI.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBwnhFJCYAIDzPW.png

heh heh, they have a different version of this at the dealership
View Quote

Oh, okay, I get it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Ive owned a Tundra with the 5.7 was a good truck,  now drive an F150, the Ford is a better truck, in fact the only thing the Tundra did better was drink gas.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Based on your post about running lights always on I guessed you had a Tundra.

It's the only complaint that I have about mine...other than the gas mileage.  
View Quote
Yep, have a friend that bought a 2013 in December, he traded it in this week, gas mileage on Tundras suck big time.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Oh, okay, I get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, okay, I get it.

Watch this and REALLY get it.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Gas mileage? with a large pick up? don't they all get crappy gas mileage?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Cab mine has with the suicide doors.
View Quote

You are a lawyer and write for a living.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/VawVPO45HX8

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, okay, I get it.

http://youtu.be/VawVPO45HX8

Cool-but was it real?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's hard not to smile when you have over 380 horses under your right foot... I miss my payed for f150 but my 07 tundra double cab is twice the truck it was and the kids love the back seat DVD player and head phones.  It came in handy for the drive to Disney world.

View Quote

Alabama to Orlando in a Tundra? Did you have a tanker following you? Fuel prices on the Florida turnpike are ARM, LEG and RAPE.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really. I used to drive a 1500 chevy that would get 20 hwy with the active fuel shit they have.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Course my Tundra is in for a recall
View Quote

What recall?

And I LIKE the "mini tundra" It's big enough to pull and haul, but can still bounce around offroad for fun. I think the new one would break if you took it offroad stock.

Just the right size, to me, and not bloated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not really. I used to drive a 1500 chevy that would get 20 hwy with the active fuel shit they have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4wd? really? that ain't too bad.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:38:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Haha, highly doubt that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, highly doubt that.

It has 100ft/lbs of torque advantage at any given RPM below 5252.

So you're right, it would get it up to speed 1/3 faster then tundra.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Diesel for the win!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top