Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 4/22/2014 5:01:04 PM EDT
May be dupe, looked back a few pages didn't see it posted.

A Dan Gaita a former Mainre running for governor in CT says he'd compromise by repealing our latest anti rights firearm laws and have people take the same training and have annual qualifications that he had in the Marines in order to possess "assault weapons". He is in a lengthy discussion on his facebook page with several people that makes for further entertaining reading.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/219665517/Assault-Weapons-Ban-in-Connecticut-One-Marines-Perspective

So, to answer your question:
“Do I support overturning the ban on assault weapons?”

Answer:

So long as any person that owns an assault weapon goes through the same training and annual qualifications I did, then yes, yes I do support overturning the ban.
In the mean time, for those of you that don’t want to go through this type of training and qualification program you can still go to the store and get yourself a rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and ammunition for each.

Nobody, (despite the frenzy of misinformation on this topic) not even here in the legislative dysfunctional state of CT, is coming to take guns from law-abiding citizens.

But if we want to own an “Assault Weapon” I believe we should be properly trained to safely, effectively and accurately use one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
He can get fucked.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Derp.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course he does.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck him.

I mean that with the utmost respect.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#5]
So before voting, what education should be required?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He can get fucked.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#7]
What a disgrace to the Marines and to America he is.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like he supports taxpayers paying for us to train.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#10]
here's the link to the particular post in question:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=242452109291784&id=227553234115005

some random guy commented on the article and instantly Mr Gaita played the "I served" card:

It is a shame your perspective is against me rather than seeing mine as for you. But I did offer my life to protect your rights. What have you done to make our nation better?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]
So if I want to own a baby-killing death machine that sprays bullets, the state needs to make sure that I am properly trained in its use to efficiently kill people before I'm allowed to own it?

I don't think he really thought this whole idea through.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the same rifle training as you, Dan Gaita. And what do I think of your proposal? Go fuck yourself!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Is he really a Marine or some schmuck who got chaptered out of basic training for sucking cocks before DADT was repealed?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck him.

I mean that with the utmost respect.
View Quote

Fuck him.  Zero respect.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#16]
He can have a first amendment right to his opinion when he gets an advanced degree and takes multiple courses in composition and rhetoric.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is he really a Marine or some schmuck who got chaptered out of basic training for sucking cocks before DADT was repealed?
View Quote

I'd say he was gettin jiggy with Gabriel Gomez, but Gomez was a Seal.

"Weapons for me because I know how to use them! Weapons for civilians? Hahahahah!"
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Go fuck yourself, Devil Dog.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The armed services are made up of the US population
served with many a douchebag

ETA:
He wants to put his hands in you pockets as do all politcos
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#20]
His answer makes no sense. I'm confused as what his reasoning behind this stipulation to own "assault weapons."
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#21]
What a douche.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He can have a first amendment right to his opinion when he gets an advanced degree and takes multiple courses in composition and rhetoric.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Actually, he believes the 1!st Amendment is regulated and rightfully so. From a separate discussion:

we already do require training for 1A. We refer to it as " Primary and Secondary Education" and it is also regulated by the gov. Specifically by the Dept of Education. In battle seek allies and avoid making enemies. Don't become divided amongst yourselves. Work together.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Well, he's no John Murtha, but yea, he's a douche.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
His answer makes no sense. I'm confused as what his reasoning behind this stipulation to own "assault weapons."
View Quote

If you want to own a bullet-spraying death machine, he wants to make sure you know how to use it really well. For the children.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like he didn't learn a fookin thing while in.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sounds like he supports taxpayers paying for us to train.
View Quote

Hmmm, on second thought, I might be able to get on board with this idea. Since we are all the militia, and since the lefties want us to be "well regulated", they could pay for us to take off work to qualify once per year. And since there is no room in the budget for that, we will need to take it from the foreign aid funds that we waste every year.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#27]
M - muscles
A - are
R - required,
I - intelligence
N - not
E - essential

What do expect? really?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Read his facebook discussion on this. Its truly LOL funny to watch him explain his position. He dodged the question about why someone wouldn't need training to own a Mini-14 but would for owning an AR-15.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#29]
This just keeps getting better:

Remember Scott, Lanzas mom was not trained, did not lock up the guns and ammo and neglected his mental health issues. Those that understand how legislation is influenced understand the importance of compromise solutions
View Quote

Lanza's mom had a pistol permit for god's sake. She would have done his so called "assault weapons training" and Sandy Hook would have still happened.

Mama Lanza was in denial of her deranged son's mental condition and that is why the atrocity happened. Not because she didn't get proper training....
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

That doesn't happen in Marine boot. Please stop confusing the Corps with the Navy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#31]
What a douchecock.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah.  No.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I can agree with that on the condition that the government provides the training and ammo for us like they did for him.

Otherwise, thanks for your service now fuck off and die you freedom hating douchebag.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn, that dude sounds tier 1 as fuck. I demand that he register his fists as assault weapons!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

No kidding.

" if you're gonna have an assault rifle, we want you to be able to really hum with it. Can't hit a human at 600 meters? Keep shooting till ya can. Ooh-rah?"
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Actually, he believes the 1!st Amendment is regulated and rightfully so. From a separate discussion:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

we already do require training for 1A. We refer to it as " Primary and Secondary Education" and it is also regulated by the gov. Specifically by the Dept of Education. In battle seek allies and avoid making enemies. Don't become divided amongst yourselves. Work together.

Sounds like he is a Fuxking idiot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Ah, yes, the "these are the only people professional enough" approach. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#38]
If he is choking on a dick, please refrain from using the Heimlich maneuver.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus H Christ, what a fucking idiot.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sounds like he is a Fuxking idiot.
View Quote

Guess which ticket he's gunning for? Hint: the party's name doesn't begin with a D.

We already have 3 or 4 quality candidates for governor that have a shot at beating Malloy. This guy just literally appeared yesterday and has no chance.

But I never pass up the opportunity for entertainment!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#41]
if I pass do I get a m249

and next boys and girls we can earn our 1st amendment rights by telling knock knock jokes
and since i've already earned my right to free speech by telling knock knock jokes to my 6yr old son,FUCK YOU Dan
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Your brain housing unit is fucked corporal. Less PT more booklearning.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#44]
someone should ask him if he qualified Basic Blogging to exercise his right to post online. that will really get him going.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
someone should ask him if he qualified Basic Blogging to exercise his right to post online. that will really get him going.....
View Quote

Sounds like he failed his 1st amendment training.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No, 2 or 3 of them are un-electable to anyone other than a single-issue "2A or nothing" voter.
View Quote

Ahh you went there. That's a discussion for another thread!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#47]
May he die of blood loss from his ruptured piles...

caused by Harry Reid, one of NAMBLA's original founders.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Posted in FB by wganz

Need to take this line of thinking to its logical end. If a Marine Qualification is required for the exercise of the Second Amendment rights; then, we need to have a college education with 6 college hours in early US history, 3 hours on the Founding Fathers, 3 hours on the Declaration of Independence & Constitution, and 4 hours on the Federalist Papers to insure that a voter is fully qualified to vote.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

May be dupe, looked back a few pages didn't see it posted.

A Dan Gaita a former Mainre running for governor in CT says he'd compromise by repealing our latest anti rights firearm laws and have people take the same training and have annual qualifications that he had in the Marines in order to possess "assault weapons". He is in a lengthy discussion on his facebook page with several people that makes for further entertaining reading.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/219665517/Assault-Weapons-Ban-in-Connecticut-One-Marines-Perspective

So, to answer your question:

"Do I support overturning the ban on assault weapons?”

Answer:

So long as any person that owns an assault weapon goes through the same training and annual qualifications I did, then yes, yes I do support overturning the ban.

In the mean time, for those of you that don’t want to go through this type of training and qualification program you can still go to the store and get yourself a rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and ammunition for each.

Nobody, (despite the frenzy of misinformation on this topic) not even here in the legislative dysfunctional state of CT, is coming to take guns from law-abiding citizens.

But if we want to own an "Assault Weapon” I believe we should be properly trained to safely, effectively and accurately use one.
View Quote
View Quote
Oh so he wants only well trained people to have them like the Fort hood shooter, Washingtaon Naval yard shooter and Christopher Dorner...got it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top