BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 4/22/2014 6:32:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yor]
Good beatdown?

Some of the comments say that "**** you" to an officer in WI is illegal..... Still seems out of line.

Someone please make clicky.

WI cop the boxer story
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dan_Cooper:

Why stop there?  Why not declare that only those in the political class are qualified to pass judgement on their fellow politicians.  

Only government bureaucrats are qualified to comment on the behavior of fellow bureaucrats.

Sorry, but your statement is utter horseshit.  This is still a fee country.  Law enforcement is still ultimately answerable to the public.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K9346:

Yes the average citizens views on use of foce incidents are for the most part worthless and unqualified.  Why do you think there are court recognized expert witnesses on these subjects, up to and including deadly force uses?  Are you one of those?

Why stop there?  Why not declare that only those in the political class are qualified to pass judgement on their fellow politicians.  

Only government bureaucrats are qualified to comment on the behavior of fellow bureaucrats.

Sorry, but your statement is utter horseshit.  This is still a fee country.  Law enforcement is still ultimately answerable to the public.

And I'm not arguing otherwise.  What I am saying is YOU are not the one to simply pass judgement either.  If there is a trial or charges, you would listen to people that know what they are talking about referencing this incident, and then make a decision.  YOU are not one of those people that are qualified to offer testimony or opinion.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By gotigers:
Well fuckin leave then.

the cop was wrong. It is against the law to assault someone, even if you are a cop. You cant attack someone for saying fuck off. Even if saying fuck off is a crime it does not warrant punching a drunk.

There are more of us that are sick of the "bad" cops abusing their office and sick of the people defending bad cops.

The drunk probably deserved a night in the tank and a public drunk charge. The attack was BS and you know it. You are lying otherwise.

edit: The sovereign citizen line is usually spouted from elitists.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotigers:

Originally Posted By jmay622133:

Originally Posted By PKT1106:

Some day, someone is going to put a bullet in a cop's head for something like this. Right or wrong, it's going to be ugly.

Use of force isn't pretty and that was tame.

You seem to have a severe case of diarrhea of the mouth.

I guess the police should let the drunk ass hat interfere with a arrest.

Lol, typical police hating bullshit from this website.

It's gotten pretty damn sovereign citizeny around here lately

Well fuckin leave then.

the cop was wrong. It is against the law to assault someone, even if you are a cop. You cant attack someone for saying fuck off. Even if saying fuck off is a crime it does not warrant punching a drunk.

There are more of us that are sick of the "bad" cops abusing their office and sick of the people defending bad cops.

The drunk probably deserved a night in the tank and a public drunk charge. The attack was BS and you know it. You are lying otherwise.

edit: The sovereign citizen line is usually spouted from elitists.
No, just folks who want to make people stop saying things they don't want to hear. Same as the leftists in this country use the word racist.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]

This is what I'm talking about.  The officer decided to make an arrest not for the "fuck you" comment, but for interfering with another arrest after being told to leave, and then pushed away.  Obviously drunk dude didn't get the message then, so cop arrests him.  I seriously doubt it was for simply saying fuck you, so don't try to isolate the incident down to simply that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GADeerHunter:
[

I'm assuming "secondary contact" was the temper tantrum that occurred after he said "fuck you".

What grounds does the officer have to initiate a violent arrest after someone tells them "fuck you"?

You said you'd do the same. Why?

This is what I'm talking about.  The officer decided to make an arrest not for the "fuck you" comment, but for interfering with another arrest after being told to leave, and then pushed away.  Obviously drunk dude didn't get the message then, so cop arrests him.  I seriously doubt it was for simply saying fuck you, so don't try to isolate the incident down to simply that.

Guy wasn't interfering with the arrest when he said "fuck you".

Once he was pushed away he kept his distance.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DeltaElite777:

I see.  I guess all those hundreds of hours of training and coursework wasn't worth much then.  

Your typical cop being labeled an expert on the use of force is about is laughable as a stewardess being labeled an expert on aerodynamics.
View All Quotes

And you're not a cop, so your opinion on police use of force tactics are about as useful as a trombone in a car garage.

Sarcasm?  Or epic idiocy?  Your post is one or the other.

Nope, blunt truth given to people who like to vent behind the safety of their keyboards.  I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you "expert" opinion givers, but your arguments are worth about as much as a pack of gum costs in these situations.

I see.  I guess all those hundreds of hours of training and coursework wasn't worth much then.  

Your typical cop being labeled an expert on the use of force is about is laughable as a stewardess being labeled an expert on aerodynamics.

The guy has 200 posts in 7 years.   This is the thread that really gets him going.  Please don't run off such an expert witness.   I'm sure it's not a troll account or anything.

I mean it's not like police departments have civilian boards tasked with investigating complaints about alleged misconduct or anything.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Your typical cop being labeled an expert on the use of force is about is laughable as your typical stewardess being labeled an expert on aerodynamics.
View All Quotes

And you're not a cop, so your opinion on police use of force tactics are about as useful as a trombone in a car garage.

Nope, blunt truth given to people who like to vent behind the safety of their keyboards.  I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you "expert" opinion givers, but your arguments are worth about as much as a pack of gum costs in these situations.

Your typical cop being labeled an expert on the use of force is about is laughable as your typical stewardess being labeled an expert on aerodynamics.

Where did I say a typical cop is an expert?  You may want to spend a little more time on some of that coursework because I think reading comprehension is lacking.  I said expert witness, I would not be called as an expert witness, neither would you, so again your opinion is really just words posted on an internet board.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]

And I'm not arguing otherwise.  What I am saying is YOU are not the one to simply pass judgement either.  If there is a trial or charges, you would listen to people that know what they are talking about referencing this incident, and then make a decision.  YOU are not one of those people that are qualified to offer testimony or opinion.
View All Quotes

Yes the average citizens views on use of foce incidents are for the most part worthless and unqualified.  Why do you think there are court recognized expert witnesses on these subjects, up to and including deadly force uses?  Are you one of those?

I am so unimpressed with most expert witnesses that you simply could not fathom it.  That said, you are right.  I would not be offering expert testimony in a trial.  However I could well be on that jury making the decision.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Sorry to break it to you, but if an officer gets sufficiently out of line he will be judged by twelve ordinary citizens.  

Don't believe me?  Ask this guy ......    http://www.startribune.com/local/north/215135261.html

View All Quotes

Sorry to break it to you, but if an officer gets sufficiently out of line he will be judged by twelve ordinary citizens.  

Don't believe me?  Ask this guy ......    http://www.startribune.com/local/north/215135261.html

Yeah that's pretty much what I said.  Read my post again.  12 citizens would pass judgement after listening to people that are qualified to testify about this stuff.  You Sir are not one of those people.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bmslade:

God, I hope you're not a cop.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bmslade:
Originally Posted By ARmory04:
What the hell was "brutal" about that"...???

Nothing at all.  It is perceived as brutal by people who have never been involved in use of force instances, they know not of what they speak.

Ah, so the average citizen's views on the actions of law enforcement are unqualified and therefore to be dismissed.  In other words we must simply rely on the police to police themselves.  

God, I hope you're not a cop.

Well guess what chief?  Look at my username and decide where I might have come up with that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:26:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DeltaElite777] [#9]

Where did I say a typical cop is an expert?  You may want to spend a little more time on some of that coursework because I think reading comprehension is lacking.  I said expert witness, I would not be called as an expert witness, neither would you, so again your opinion is really just words posted on an internet board.
View Quote

So these magical "expert witnesses" behind the curtain are the only people who ever pass judgment on the actions of cops?  You live in fucking fantasyland.

Pretty much any "expert witness" brought in by one side of a trial is going to be countered by an "expert witness" brought in by the other.  Their testimony is window dressing, and a jobs program for retired cops.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
[

I'm assuming "secondary contact" was the temper tantrum that occurred after he said "fuck you".

What grounds does the officer have to initiate a violent arrest after someone tells them "fuck you"?

No he didn't.  He began to advance again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By nobodyg17:

The guy has 200 posts in 7 years.   This is the thread that really gets him going.  Please don't run off such an expert witness.   I'm sure it's not a troll account or anything.

I mean it's not like police departments have civilian boards tasked with investigating complaints about alleged misconduct or anything.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nobodyg17:

What does my post count have to do with anything?  Some kind of dick measuring device used for you guys?  Exactly how many departments do you think have civilian review boards?  Probably about 10 total in the whole country, and those were a result of consent decrees by the feds.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes
[

Are we watching the same video?

When he is shoved he backs out of the cameras FOV and when the camera pans on the officer running after him he is almost already in the street.

I did not see any more advancing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By PKT1106:
Some day, someone is going to put a bullet in a cop's head for something like this. Right or wrong, it's going to be ugly.
View Quote

Dude you need to go the fuck off this site.

The cops were making and arrest. The drunk was interferring and was pushed away. He then wanted to run his mouth.

I have zero issues with any of this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#14]

So these magical "expert witnesses" behind the curtain are the only people who ever pass judgment on the actions of cops?  You live in fucking fantasyland.

Pretty much any "expert witness" brought in by one side of a trial is going to be countered by an "expert witness" brought in by the other.  Their testimony is window dressing, and a jobs program for retired cops.  
View All Quotes

Really?  What experience do you have to state that?  And again, reading comprehension.  I never said the experts or other cops would pass judgement.  I said 12 citizens would, and I would bet my next paycheck he would be found not guilty of assault in a trial.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#15]

So are you against big government but for the government handing out beatings?  Because at the end of the day that's what this is.

I don't like it when Obama oversteps the bounds of his office.  Don't care for it from my local LEO either.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fingerpicker:

The founders of this formerly great nation did not have to deal with one quarter of the shit we do today. Not hardly.

Distribute beatings. Bring back lynching. Televise executions. Legalize dueling.

So are you against big government but for the government handing out beatings?  Because at the end of the day that's what this is.

I don't like it when Obama oversteps the bounds of his office.  Don't care for it from my local LEO either.

Yes. I am sorry that my position is not consistent. I am against big government and I am for beatings. I would prefer that the beatings were directed towards the violent or corrupt, but I'll watch the rude and unwashed take them, too. The problem is that only government employees are free to engage in this behavior. If that were not the case, I would have been taking public transportation for the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

I didn't see an "angry crowd".  One loud mouthed drunk yelling at the cops and the guy that got slammed was trying to calm him down and that's the thanks he gets.  He only got upset and started shouting after the cop shoved him for asking a question.  Just another group of young people who now have a negative opinion of the police.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
Originally Posted By Ret_Puddle_Pirate:
Originally Posted By Yor:
Originally Posted By Ret_Puddle_Pirate:
I suspect that only the end is recorded.  No info on why the police were called, or what the guy was arrested for.  The video implies that "Fuck You" is the reason for arrest.  Anyone with only half a functioning brain would take this as the whole incident.

I think he was asking why his buddy was getting arrested and then said the F you when the cop pushed him back.   But yeah, we don't know what all was going on ahead of time.
If you interfere with an arrest, bad things will happen to you - like going to jail.  If that is in fact the case then "Not a singe fuck is given".  
Yep, they get especially touchy dealing with that kind of faggotry in the middle of a big drunk and angry crowd.

I didn't see an "angry crowd".  One loud mouthed drunk yelling at the cops and the guy that got slammed was trying to calm him down and that's the thanks he gets.  He only got upset and started shouting after the cop shoved him for asking a question.  Just another group of young people who now have a negative opinion of the police.  

BS looked like he was holding the guy getting arrested arm and asking why was he getting arrested. He was pushed away.

Why do people think they have the right to know why someone is getting arrested?

It's none of your business.
Crowd the cops when they are taking someone into custody and get pushed and go to jail.
Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#17]
JBTs gonna JBT
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mototard:
[
BS looked like he was holding the guy getting arrested arm and asking why was he getting arrested. He was pushed away.

Why do people think they have the right to know why someone is getting arrested?

Crowd the cops when they are taking someone into custody and get pushed and go to jail.
Pretty simple.
View Quote

Pretty good summation of the incident.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Yes. I am sorry that my position is not consistent. I am against big government and I am for beatings. I would prefer that the beatings were directed towards the violent or corrupt, but I'll watch the rude and unwashed take them, too. The problem is that only government employees are free to engage in this behavior. If that were not the case, I would have been taking public transportation for the last 20 years.
View All Quotes

The founders of this formerly great nation did not have to deal with one quarter of the shit we do today. Not hardly.

Distribute beatings. Bring back lynching. Televise executions. Legalize dueling.

Then you're all for government stepping outside of its bounds.  So don't bitch if it steps out of its bounds and steps on you.

See the thing is, we actually have this thing called a "legal process" and it does not consist of officers acting as judge and jury and issuing punishments.  Down that road lies a completely out of control government.  A road we've already traveled a fair piece down.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
[

That's fine but slamming him up against the car, slamming him to the ground, hitting him in the face was absolutely uncalled for and he should be arrested and tried for it. There is no doubt the officer has anger issues and lost his cool.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By madmike66:

The pushaway is fine, but reacting to " fuck you " by bull rushing the kid, slamming him into the car, throwing him on the ground and punching him in the face is not doing your job.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By madmike66:
Originally Posted By Reddawg318:
I don't see anything wrong with it. Cop arrested one, was in the process of arresting another (not sure why) and third douche decides to get involved and crowd the cops doing their job. Cops need space to do their job without worrying about some other fucktard getting in their space and interfering. Cop pushed him away, how does the cop know that he's not handing something or getting something  to/from  his buddy?

I am not a Cop and I think some go out of their way to be dicks. In this case I see the cop doing the right thing.

My son is a cop though and if he was in a similar situation I would help him pay a lawyer to fight any attempts by the douche or the PD from "punishing" suing him.

The pushaway is fine, but reacting to " fuck you " by bull rushing the kid, slamming him into the car, throwing him on the ground and punching him in the face is not doing your job.

Why not? The guy was going to jail most likely for interferring with the arrest.  He was pushed away and started yelling.  He was taken down.
Here he could be charged with resisting arrest x2, disorderly and most likely PI too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a couple of questions....

1) When did the subject know he was under the rest?  (The one taken to the street)

On resisting arrest

2) If you do not know or do not hear your under arrest and someone starts to hit you OR has an arm bar across your neck.. are you not able to fend off a blow?

Couldn't the drunk guy say "well he never said I was under arrest and he had blocked my airway and started hitting me.. I just was protecting my face."

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By brboyer:
Looks like some drunk asshole is gonna get a paycheck.
View Quote

Good.  Hopefully the pig gets fired.  He doesn't deserve to be a police officer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jonny712:
JBTs gonna JBT
View Quote

Laugh, out, loud.  Very good contribution to the discussion.  You want to hang out some time?  I would love to hear the other pearls of wisdom you might find the time to grace us with.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Pretty simple.
View Quote

All of which is completely irrelevant since it is obvious that none of those things prompted the beating.  The beating was prompted when the officer lost his temper after hearing "fuck you".

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By HighAltitude:

That's fine but slamming him up against the car, slamming him to the ground, hitting him in the face was absolutely uncalled for and he should be arrested and tried for it. There is no doubt the officer has anger issues and lost his cool.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HighAltitude:
[

And this is my point.  Things like this happen all the time.  When a suspect is not compliant, you use force.  IT IS VERY UGLY when that happens.  All told the cop made a couple of distraction blows on the guy to get him to ball up and quite moving, big deal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Why not? The guy was going to jail most likely for interferring with the arrest.  He was pushed away and started yelling.  He was taken down.
Here he could be charged with resisting arrest x2, disorderly and most likely PI too.
View Quote

By all means arrest the asshole if he is interfering with an arrest.  But you don't get to throw punches just because he pissed you off, which is exactly what happened here.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By NukaCola:

Good.  Hopefully the pig gets fired.  He doesn't deserve to be a police officer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NukaCola:
Originally Posted By brboyer:
Looks like some drunk asshole is gonna get a paycheck.

And another MENSA candidate joins the discussion.  I love a lively debate.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
If you can't handle a "fuck you" you need to find a new line of work.
View Quote

Thank you sir.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Proto3:
Hopefully he sues. He'll win.

And cops wonder why they are generally hated. Not that all cops are bad, but the shit head ones make them all look bad.
View Quote

He'll lose.
Cops don't care because people like you are clueless.

The guy was interferring with an arrest, he was taken down and resisted while on the ground.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#32]

He'll lose.

The guy was interferring with an arrest, he was taken down and resisted while on the ground.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Proto3:
Hopefully he sues. He'll win.

And cops wonder why they are generally hated. Not that all cops are bad, but the shit head ones make them all look bad.

He'll lose.

Pretty much this.  If I wanted the public to love me I would of been a firefighter
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RabidMonkeyPox:
I dunno.  I walk up to anyone and tell them to fuck off I expect to get my ass beat
View Quote

Personally, I'd look at you like you were an asshole and just walk away.

But that's just me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:49:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GADeerHunter] [#34]

By all means arrest the asshole if he is interfering with an arrest.  But you don't get to throw punches just because he pissed you off, which is exactly what happened here.

View All Quotes

No you don't understand.  That's SOP of a level IV takedown with distracting strikes in a non permissive environment when dynamic factors are taking place in a insubordinate environment where typical lateral effects are rendered unusable and difficult.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Techsan02:
JBT lost his cool, but stuff like this never happens, isolated incident. Let me tell you about the thousands of crimes these cops have prevented....
View Quote

Ever take a statistics class?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
If you can't handle a "fuck you" you need to find a new line of work.
View Quote

You are correct. But if you interfere with an arrest then want to get more attention, don't be surprised to then be arrested.

The strikes... well, I am not sure about those. You can see him grab the officer's arm, but it looks more like a stabilizing grab rather than aggression.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Pretty simple.
View All Quotes

Pretty simple.

Maybe people have the right to know bc they pay for it you dumbass. Police is a public office.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Again,

When did he tell the drunk guy he was under arrest?  My guess is after the "Distracting" strikes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By cash50:

Maybe people have the right to know bc they pay for it you dumbass. Police is a public office.
View Quote

You have the right to know why someone else is being arrested?

Ok.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By thesandstertx:

Yes, and you can also damage another innocent parties' vehicle in the process with no repercussion  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hyperjoe:
I dunno.  I walk up to anyone and tell them to fuck off I expect to get my ass beat
YUP.  

So does that mean I can beat anyone that says F You and not get charged?

Yes, and you can also damage another innocent parties' vehicle in the process with no repercussion  

It all belongs to the king in the end.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:

i don't see a temper tantrum, I see a guy having fun.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PanzAR:
Cops don't give a shit about the opinion of  drunks.

It looks like it hurt his feelings enough to go on a temper tantrum and start throwing punches...

i don't see a temper tantrum, I see a guy having fun.

You're a disgrace.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Again,

When did he tell the drunk guy he was under arrest?  My guess is after the "Distracting" strikes.
View Quote

Under the 4th Amendment, a seizure is affected when a show of authority or force is displayed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hyperjoe:
YUP.  

So does that mean I can beat anyone that says F You and not get charged?

Looks like a "plainclothes" Dodge Magnum, with red/blues going in the rear window.

So it actually IS the King's.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Pretty simple.

Lulz.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MIDGAPATRIOT:
One day shit is gonna get really ugly. It'll be bad for all involved, but worse for some.

Can't say they didn't ask for it though.
View Quote

Bring it.

Like we are worried about a bunch basement dwellers.
First you'd have to come out of your moms basement.
Your mom won't be able to bring you hot pockets and pizza bites outside in the mean ole world.
You'd better keep your ass in the basement.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Depidy_Dawg:

Under the 4th Amendment, a seizure is affected when a show of authority or force is displayed.
View All Quotes
Again,

Interesting.  Obviously I haven't ever resisted arrest... but it seems to me that if a cop shoves me across a car without saying anything to me and I land on my back and he strikes me, I would try to protect my face...

Which would be resisting arrest.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#47]

I'd have handled it differently. Officers spent too much divided attention with Mr. Drunk and Asky. I have no problem with the officer's push away, nor the secondary contact, but taking Mr. Drunk and Asky out into the street was bad JuJu for both of them. Mr. D and A then grabbed officer's hands and was visibly resisting him, fight was on. I didn't see a beat down, I did see some distraction strikes to his head and face.

If it was me, I'd have dealt with asshole about the same way, but taken him to the ground on the sidewalk or immediately adjacent to the curb. Rolling out into the street is a good way to get run over.

Curbside outside of a bar at closing time is not the time or place to debate legalities, what one believes, or to loudly voice drunken indignities. It's most definitely not the time to get into an officer's face and interfere with an arrest.

Plan accordingly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By waterglass:
LOL at video.

LOLier at GD comments.

I wish I could laugh at someone that thinks that is acceptable behavior on the part of that officer.

Funny, nowhere in what I wrote did I state my viewpoint. Did I?

What do you think of this one depidy?

I'd have handled it differently. Officers spent too much divided attention with Mr. Drunk and Asky. I have no problem with the officer's push away, nor the secondary contact, but taking Mr. Drunk and Asky out into the street was bad JuJu for both of them. Mr. D and A then grabbed officer's hands and was visibly resisting him, fight was on. I didn't see a beat down, I did see some distraction strikes to his head and face.

If it was me, I'd have dealt with asshole about the same way, but taken him to the ground on the sidewalk or immediately adjacent to the curb. Rolling out into the street is a good way to get run over.

Curbside outside of a bar at closing time is not the time or place to debate legalities, what one believes, or to loudly voice drunken indignities. It's most definitely not the time to get into an officer's face and interfere with an arrest.

Plan accordingly.

So, the next time one of your fellow officer gets his ass kicked you will only charge the perp with use of "distraction tactics".... Right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Looks like a "plainclothes" Dodge Magnum, with red/blues going in the rear window.

View All Quotes

Touche.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Bring it.

Your mom won't be able to bring you hot pockets and pizza bites outside in the mean ole world.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MIDGAPATRIOT:
One day shit is gonna get really ugly. It'll be bad for all involved, but worse for some.

Can't say they didn't ask for it though.

Bring it.

"It's gonna get really ugly. They totally asked for it." -
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:

So, the next time one of your fellow officer gets his ass kicked you will only charge the perp with use of "distraction tactics".... Right?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:

Plan accordingly.

You really do have to love the verbal sleight of hand of calling a beating "distraction tactics".

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top