Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/19/2014 8:48:47 PM EDT
Long story short, been taking Ambien / Zolpiedem for a couple months now. Mrs. Scarshooter, said I had a weird conversation last night with her about 1:00 a.m. regarding a conversation I was having with a demon. She asked what he looked like and I said that he was big, had black scales, red glowing eyes, and sharp bloody teeth. I told her that he makes me do dangerous things. Scary part is I have NO recollection of any conversation with her or the damn demon. I can tell I didn't get a restful nights sleep, but I can't remember anything l said.

My question is, anybody else do or say anything weird while under this prescription?

Thanks for the info share.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
These Ambien threads are always a good read. There was one floating around a few weeks ago. Some guys have some serious stories about the shit. I can't see how some of them still take it after the fuckery that has occurred. Yours is pretty mild compared to some.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Demon walrus?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, good choice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Bil went totally belligerent mean and hateful to his then live in gf a couple years ago, woke up and had no recollection of what happened or the bottle of wine he drank. Woke up and texted her to see if she wanted to meet for lunch and she told him what happened and that he had to go. I've heard of people sleep walking and doing wired shit on that stuff, probably shouldn't have ever been approved for human consumption.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Long story short, been taking Ambien / Zolpiedem for a couple months now. Mrs. Scarshooter, said I had a weird conversation last night with her about 1:00 a.m. regarding a conversation I was having with a demon. She asked what he looked like and I said that he was big, had black scales, red glowing eyes, and sharp bloody teeth. I told her that he makes me do dangerous things. Scary part is I have NO recollection of any conversation with her or the damn demon. I can tell I didn't get a restful nights sleep, but I can't remember anything l said.

My question is, anybody else do or say anything weird while under this prescription?

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Not Ambien but Chantix.

I used it for 3 weeks and had the most horrible nightmares of my life. I felt on the verge of exploding with rage all day long over any little thing.

Scary shit. I called my Dr. and he told me to stop using it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]
They'll be pulling this fucking drug off the shelves.

When my father was dying of cancer, his doctor gave him a script for some.  One morning, Dad told me that he had been up in the middle of the night washing his underwear in the bathroom sink.  He had no idea why, and his bed was not wet from pissing himself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
10 years ago... had a friend's wife arrested for DUI at 3AM on the NY state thruway driving 30mph.

The first thing she remembers is glass breaking and a cop reaching through the shattered window to turn the car off.

She drove over 50 miles in her sleeping underwear and has zero recollection of it.

No illegal drugs/alcohol  or prior's.

Had been taking Ambien for about a week... She never took another one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
If anti-depressants are poison (which in my case they were), Ambien is cyanide.

Shit never should have been approved.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bil went totally belligerent mean and hateful to his then live in gf a couple years ago, woke up and had no recollection of what happened or the bottle of wine he drank. Woke up and texted her to see if she wanted to meet for lunch and she told him what happened and that he had to go. I've heard of people sleep walking and doing wired shit on that stuff, probably shouldn't have ever been approved for human consumption.
View Quote
You're not supposed to drink when you take it for a reason.  The vast majority of the Ambien horror stories have this or taking way more than the recommended dose as a common element.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was on it over a year and unless I took it and didn't go to bed, is have convos with my wife that I don't recall. Never anything really weird though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I took an ambien once and made a cup of tea and sat down to watch some tv as I was very much an insomniac. Woke up with my crotch soaking wet, thought I had peed myself but I had just fallen asleep and the tea fell out of my hand and into my lap.

For a few minutes I thought I was going to need some depends male diapers
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Some folks that are brain damaged are benefiting from it.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You're not supposed to drink when you take it for a reason.  The vast majority of the Ambien horror stories have this or taking way more than the recommended dose as a common element.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hells yeah.  Got Ambien once from a friend when I was having a bad bout of insomnia and back when I drank.  Took the Ambien with my normal 750 of vodka and laid down on the couch right then.  At some point I decided to get up and try for the bed.  Made it 90% of the way there and went down like a sack of wet rags.  Based on the blood trail I hit the ground, barely missed the nightstand that would have stove my head in, bounced twice and then got up, went back to the kitchen, made at least three more drinks (always in new glasses) and then went to bed.  

Bad time, good story.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I was on ambien several years ago.  The worst that happened to me was 2am ebaying.  I was only on it for a couple of weeks to help sleep after a nasty car wreck that had me in pain and trouble sleeping.  Ambien is a hallucinogen.  It doesn't help you sleep.  You just don't know that you didn't sleep.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I do that shit without it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Four years ago I was hospitalized with sepsis and kidney failure. I was awake for the first 3 days of an 8 day stay. I was given Ambien and started dreaming before I was asleep. I also tried to pull all the IV lines out and leave. No more Ambien!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I was prescribed it.  I took it once.  Had such a bad experience that I threw the rest away and never took another one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Where's Mikhail_86?!? He knows how to use it right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I do that shit without it.
View Quote

Glad I am not the only one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not Ambien but Chantix.

I used it for 3 weeks and had the most horrible nightmares of my life. I felt on the verge of exploding with rage all day long over any little thing.

View Quote

I gave Chantix a shot for a few weeks.
Didnt't do crap for quitting smoking but the warnings about the dreams are there for a reason.

Mine were not horrible nighmares, quite the opposite.
Dirtiest, nastiest, vividest sex dreams ever.
Woke up stuck to the sheets more then once.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Got some from a buddy in college.  We had taken them before and been pretty stupid, but nothing above our normal debauchery.  That night I had a couple of beers and decided to take one before the 5 minute drive home.  It was about 11:30 when I stopped at the gas station for a soda.  My last recollection is the gas station attendant helping me back to my vehicle.

Woke up the next morning and rolled over to find someone else in my bed.  Turns out it was an ex girlfriend I hadn't talked to in about a year.  I had apparently called her babbling and crying about 2:00 A.M.  After some searching they found me parked in the middle of the road in a somewhat ghetto apartment complex.  The car was in gear, and I had one foot on the gas and one foot on the brake.  She had no idea what I was on, so she drove me home and stayed there to make sure I didn't die.

It would have been bad if I had messed around and killed myself... it would have been much worse if my dumb ass had killed some innocent person just trying to make it home.  I have no idea what happened between 11:30 and 2:00, but I'm sure it wasn't good.  That was my last visit from the walrus.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Story I once heard about it. Guy Went to bed with the intention of waking up and going grocery shopping.

Woke up the next day, got ready, and just before leaving checked his bank account, noticed a good chunk if money gone, looking deeper it was from a single charge from the grocery store.

Seems while "sleeping" he got up, dressed, and went to the store, bought everything he needed and even put it away. Woke up with no memory of it.

Says he didn't feel like he got great sleep.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Dam. The walrus must be recruiting

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#28]
The last time the gf took it she kept going on about the coyote dog driving the 18 wheeler trying to run her down, and asking who taught the coyote dog to drive a truck. She also thought our dog was the coyote dog that was after her. It was hilarious!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Scary shit.

Try substituting for alcohol
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#30]
whatever happened to Valium?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Hmmm, sounds like you guys better stick with opium and weed before bed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Ambien is bad shit. Check the last ambien thread for my fucked up story.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I feel like I'm missing out, I take one sometimes because my sleep schedule is shit and occasionally I need to be up early to drive somewhere. I've never had anything exciting happen.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#34]
OP don't watch Paranormal Activity.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#35]
first time i took it it went down a vicodin and i got really goofy, next few times just the pill and everything was fine. i needed sleep real bad i had several weeks of not enuff sleep, averaging an hour a day and felt like shit.  my first time taking it i slept for 18 hours and woke up tired,went back to sleep for a few more hours and finally felt decent enuff to be useful.  my Dr. said one every 2 days and then start spacing them out.  

no one is missing anything if they aren't taking it or havent tried it.  I never saw the walrus, just zombies-remember that one pretty good i wrote 'zombies are outside' on the garage door in black sharpie, and grizzly bears i remember being chased by those.  

im gonna try vodka next time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#36]
A lot of these ambien horror stories seem to involve the addition of alcohol. I'd also recommend that anyone taking it actually be in bed and actually trying to fall asleep when taking it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not Ambien but Chantix.

View Quote

I had the same shit with Chantix. Horrible horrible gas, and even worse nightmares.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#38]

I took it once. I didn't like it.

Some people take it regularly and never have problems.

You're supposed to take it when you're in bed, not when you're getting ready to go to bed.

Problems happen when you take it and then stay up for even like 10 minutes or so. Your brain goes to sleep but your body doesn't. That's when you "wake up" sitting naked on your neighbors porch eating dog food out of a bag.

It works for some people, but it's not for everyone.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

A lot of these ambien horror stories seem to involve the addition of alcohol. I'd also recommend that anyone taking it actually be in bed and actually trying to fall asleep when taking it.
View Quote

Yep.

I think a lot of the Ambien Walrus is fueled by a drink or two that night also.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#40]
My 80 year old mother spent the week before Christmas in the hospital for a lower G I bleed. They gave her an ambien and turned into an asshole to the nurses. My normally calm church going mother was raising hell and trying to leave. They had to make her sit down and watch her all night. The next morning she remembered everything that happened and was apologizing to all of the nurses.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ambien is bad shit. Check the last ambien thread for my fucked up story.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Love it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Nah dude.  Take an ambien and chug a fifth of Jack, then go on an Amazon shopping spree.

Drug abuse is funny when it's prescribed and misused, especially when you start a thread on arfcom.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#44]
after reading this thread, I am definitely going to try this shit
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuckin' potheads.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:37:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
first time i took it it went down a vicodin and i got really goofy, next few times just the pill and everything was fine. i needed sleep real bad i had several weeks of not enuff sleep, averaging an hour a day and felt like shit.  my first time taking it i slept for 18 hours and woke up tired,went back to sleep for a few more hours and finally felt decent enuff to be useful.  my Dr. said one every 2 days and then start spacing them out.  

no one is missing anything if they aren't taking it or havent tried it.  I never saw the walrus, just zombies-remember that one pretty good i wrote 'zombies are outside' on the garage door in black sharpie, and grizzly bears i remember being chased by those.  

im gonna try vodka next time.
View Quote

Evidently, it can even make males miss periods.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, a man I knew who had everything going for him was prescribed Ambien. Roughly three weeks later, he crawled into bed between his two children and shot himself.

So I won't ever have any "Ambien Stories" of my own, you can be sure.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Was on ambien over seas.  Took it when I got back.  I dont know if it affected me while I slept, but I know the few times I fought it and stayed awake, I had the best sex of my life.

Had a distant cousin die from it while she slept.  I no longer take it.  Nyquil is my go-to
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I switched to melatonin. Much better
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
regarding a conversation I was having with a demon. She asked what he looked like and I said that he was big, had black scales, red glowing eyes, and sharp bloody teeth.
View Quote

My artist skills suck or else I would do it myself.  The Ambien Walrus needs to be updated into a "Ambien Demon Walrus" for the OP.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top